• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

18-Volt

Maybe it's NISA and it will be announced later this month. But seriously, isn't one of the games supposed to be out this spring?

They told Famitsu that games are far from being finished, so it'll take time.

I also believe they're the one who localize their own games. They translated/subbed their own trailers and videos, so why not whole games? All they need is a distributor.

NISA has enough on their plate already, they'll miss even some of their own games in that conference. They announced just two games in same conference last year, this year it's probably gonna be same.

Takao

Banned
Kadokawa owns From Software. Don't be surprised if they leverage the success of Dark Souls to create their own international games publishing branch.

I hope it's not NISA. They've got a slate full of internal titles that noone else will be able to pick up, that'll get ignored if they're too busy working on Kadokawa's stuff.

Anyone play Siralim?

I dont know why but I keep staring at the screenshots of this game on the store and feeling a desire to play it

Its a damn 8-bit style indie monster team builder. Something about it seems appealing

Is it good?

Also Helldivers on Vita is fucking LEGIT! Played with my friends on Vita/PS4 without a single hitch!

Everything works. Its smooth, has voice chat. What a technical marvel of a Cross Play game

UCBooties

I hope it's not NISA. They've got a slate full of internal titles that noone else will be able to pick up, that'll get ignored if they're too busy working on Kadokawa's stuff.

What are we expecting from Kadokawa? It's not Ray Gigant is it?

In other news: does anyone know where to see some good footage for Aegis Earth? I'm trying to figure out what the game is but info is very thin on the ground.

Shizuka

What are we expecting from Kadokawa? It's not Ray Gigant is it?

In other news: does anyone know where to see some good footage for Aegis Earth? I'm trying to figure out what the game is but info is very thin on the ground.

Root Letter, God War and Demon Gaze 2.

UCBooties

Root Letter, God War and Demon Gaze 2.

Hmm, I was pretty disappointed with Operation Abyss after Demon Gaze so I hope Demon Gaze 2 is better. God War looks good and I didn't realize it was Kadokawa Games. Fingers crossed for that.

I haven't been following Root Letter.

BearChair

What do you think the chances are of more PS1 classics coming?

It seems like Capcom is still keeping it up, but any chance we might see more from other devs?

Honestly, the ability to carry around a ton of old PS1 games is probably my favorite thing about the Vita.

It seems like Capcom is still keeping it up, but any chance we might see more from other devs?

Honestly, the ability to carry around a ton of old PS1 games is probably my favorite thing about the Vita.

Same here. I'm holding out for the Lunar games. Victor Ireland hasn't said anything about them coming one way or another, but I like to think they might be coming. When one of them became available on the Japanese PSN, I asked if I should play the PSP remake or hope for an American PSN release. He said to wait for the PS1 version and said it was a better experience.

He didn't say it was coming by any measure, but I gave me hope.

Prelude.

Kadokawa owns From Software. Don't be surprised if they leverage the success of Dark Souls to create their own international games publishing branch.
That'd be great. They did say something along the lines of wanting to support japanese games worldwide.

I need that Root Letter
Indeed. There aren't nearly enough mystery games and this is only the first one of the "Kadokawa Game Mystery" series so, yeah, fucking hype.

Silent Hill games on Vita (NA) is impossible, isn't it?

Want to try out that series since I like horror a lot, and I'm a huge handheld fanboy so I won't play it anytime soon unless it does get on the Vita.

Takao

Banned

Discounting Square Enix's more obscure games and things with licensing issues, what do you think is missing?

18-Volt

Man I missed the times when From was making handheld games. They were not perfect but exactly what I needed. Armored Core, Tenchu even that colorful DS game Cookie & Cream. They'll never return after the crazy success of Souls series.

Hoping that Kadokawa will change this. They're supportive of Vita.

Takao

Banned
From became a victim of their own success. They stopped publishing externally developed games like 3D Dot Game Heroes and trimmed down their internal productions to nothing but Souls.

UCBooties

Same here. I'm holding out for the Lunar games. Victor Ireland hasn't said anything about them coming one way or another, but I like to think they might be coming. When one of them became available on the Japanese PSN, I asked if I should play the PSP remake or hope for an American PSN release. He said to wait for the PS1 version and said it was a better experience.

Huh, did he say what was wrong with the PSP version?

Man I missed the times when From was making handheld games. They were not perfect but exactly what I needed. Armored Core, Tenchu even that colorful DS game Cookie & Cream. They'll never return after the crazy success of Souls series.

I'm quite disappointed there's no Armored Core native to Vita. At least we have Shinobido instead of Tenchu.

Won't happen at this point though, they're Souls house now.

BTA

I'm really looking forward to Root Letter. If it's good (or at least interesting, which it seems to be!) and the translation/localization is solid and released fairly quickly, well, hopefully it'll do well and set a strong precedent for the following games in the series.

Anyone play Siralim?

I dont know why but I keep staring at the screenshots of this game on the store and feeling a desire to play it

Its a damn 8-bit style indie monster team builder. Something about it seems appealing

Is it good?

Also Helldivers on Vita is fucking LEGIT! Played with my friends on Vita/PS4 without a single hitch!

Everything works. Its smooth, has voice chat. What a technical marvel of a Cross Play game

I'm itching to buy Siralim too, but I had to hold off on it 'cause I bought two digital PS4 games in the last week that I'm not enjoying and regret buying smh. It definitely looks cheap, but sometimes I like cheap. I have a feeling it will be a slow seller and get a permanent price cut, though.

And yep, Helldivers on Vita may not be the best version of the game, but it's definitely amazing that it's 1:1 to the game in real time enough to be cross-play, and still just as fun. It's also the only version I'm playing right now, since I don't feel like paying for PS+ to play online and online is free on Vita :p

Still hope they do a retail release someday. There was one listed on Play-Asia for awhile before the PS4 disc released, but it got cancelled. beefy filesize + great game = I want it

I'm also extremely hesitant to buy Siralim. The game doesn't even have a Wikipedia article, so I don't know what to think of it at all.

Indie devs, take note: have a Wikipedia article so I can quickly discover what your game is about!

ethelred

Yes, it's one of the main features of the system that appeals to me as well. I'd really like to see my classic RPG collection completed on the thing.

The PSP version of Lunar is terrible. I gave it two fair shots and found it a rotten experience both times. So I hope GaijinWorks and GungHo are still working on a way to get the original PS1 versions of both Silver Star and Eternal Blue up on the PSN.

I would also really like to see Valkyrie Profile (either the PS1 or PSP version would be fine with me) and the two SaGa Frontier games -- I hope people start nagging Square about those since it's the series' anniversary and that's the reason for Scarlet Grace and the Romancing SaGa 2 remake.

Discounting Square Enix's more obscure games and things with licensing issues, what do you think is missing?

Vandal Hearts 1 and 2 are big standouts. Ogre Battle, Tail Concerto (possibly a license issue), Thousand Arms, the Tales games, Kartia -- these are the main things I'd like to see released. I'm skeptical that any of these actually will be released, but I'd like to see it happen.

I would love Ogre Battle. That is such a great game. That and the Lunar games ofc. For rpgs anyway.

I want Heart of Darkness, Silhouette Mirage, Skullmonkeys, Einhander and Brave Fencer Musashi most.

Shinriji

No one mentions Silent Bomber....

Well, it is a Bandai game without an english version, so not likely at all. but that game was amazing. Never beat the last boss, though. My dream list of missing PS1 games is:

- Panzer Bandit
- Trap Gunner
- Azure Dreams
- Blast Chamber
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Dominated Mind
- Guilty Gear
- Einhander

Suzzopher

As a European my list is:
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man x4 and x5
Mega Man 8
Chrono Cross
Breath of Fire IV
Xenogears
Wild Arms 2
Einhander
Tobal 2
Harmful Park
Incredible Crisis
Silent Bomber

Fady K

????

Pretty sure it had a US and EU release.

Indeed it did

Silent_Bomber_Coverart.png

I watched that about an hour ago. Sounds like he enjoys it. I never owned a PSP so I used a ton of his reviews when I first got my Vita. Wish I could afford to import another physical copy of Dariusburst CS and send it to him.

Shizuka

I watched that about an hour ago. Sounds like he enjoys it. I never owned a PSP so I used a ton of his reviews when I first got my Vita. Wish I could afford to import another physical copy of Dariusburst CS and send it to him.

Did that came in english or japanese?

Did that came in english or japanese?

No language option but it's about half and half. The main menu and pause menu are in English. So is the hud and in-game text.

There's a root menu in AC mode that's difficult for me to make heads or tails of, but everything is pretty easy to figure out and being a shmup, there's not much to read or know in the way of enjoying it.

Top Bottom