• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Tohsaka

Holy crap, that is fantastic. I'm not gonna get my hopes up though. Maybe Gaijinworks will localize it in ten years...

Bamco trademarked it in Europe, so I think it will be coming to the west later this year. I'd rather not have Gaijinworks localize it anyway, since they'd probably cut the voice acting again.

Clive

Bamco trademarked it in Europe, so I think it will be coming to the west later this year. I'd rather not have Gaijinworks localize it anyway, since they'd probably cut the voice acting again.

Pretty sure Gaijinworks doesn't like to cut voice acting. It simply had to be done because the game was released on a dead console and it costs a ton of money to license. Atlus did the same for Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the record so pray they don't localize anything either in that case.

Personally, I'm very happy that both those great PSP games got localized and that was the only way to make it happen.

18-Volt

Expect this and Digimon World Next Order to be dated for west at Anime Expo/Japan Expo this year. Maybe Gundam Breaker 3 too. After crazy success of Digimon, I don't think Namco leave any of their game left unlocalized.

I wish this enthusiastic Namco existed when they released Tales of Innocence R.

Tohsaka

Pretty sure Gaijinworks doesn't like to cut voice acting. It simply had to be done because the game was released on a dead console and it costs a ton of money to license. Atlus did the same for Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the record so pray they don't localize anything either in that case.

Personally, I'm very happy that both those great PSP games got localized and that was the only way to make it happen.

I'm sure they don't like doing it, but they also did it to the PS3 version of Class of Heroes 2 as far as I know. I'm not worried about this game since I really doubt Gaijinworks even has the money to localize a new game like this that Bamco seems more likely to publish themselves.

Summon Night 6 looks absolutely amazing.

Even as a S-JRPG fan I never played a game in this series. Sadly Summin Night 5 isn't out yet in europe, but would it be a good entry point to to the series? What is the verdict about this game?

Summon Night 6 looks absolutely amazing.

Even as a S-JRPG fan I never played a game in this series. Sadly Summin Night 5 isn't out yet in europe, but would it be a good entry point to to the series? What is the verdict about this game?
They seem completely stand-alone so you could even start with 6. That said, 5 looks amazing for a PSP game and has some fantastic mechanics that every SRPG should copy. Characters are good as well.

The story (so far, haven't finished it) could be better I guess and the chapter/mission structure isn't perfect, but overall it's enjoyable and I'd recommend it.

They seem completely stand-alone so you could even start with 6. That said, 5 looks amazing for a PSP game and has some fantastic mechanics that every SRPG should copy. Characters are good as well.

The story (so far, haven't finished it) could be better I guess and the chapter/mission structure isn't perfect, but overall it's enjoyable and I'd recommend it.

Thanks! That sounds promising.

Faustek

seems smart to release this at a budget price

I'd love to buy from Rice (basically directly from the publisher) but their prices are always RRP which kind of defeats the point. I can recommend 365games so I'll probably go with that

Hows the shipping then? I usually, well a store exclusive is a store exclusive, prefer to go to RD and buy it from them directly to support them.

Optimization can go a long way, but I suspect it helps when the devs have a strong knowledge of the platform. Between Felistella and Media Vision there's a lot of experience there. Nice to see the game looking so nice. Nice to see something bloody well optimized for a change.

Always happy when I see Media Vision ^^

I want them to pull a 900 so they cancel the PS4 and Japanese releases completely and make it an English Vita exclusive that only releases in NA/EU. Physical only too.

It's when you stop dreaming life has lost it's meaning :)

Looks really nice!

But native res?

If i haven't counted totally wrong then yes but man, those twitter compressions added to the aldready meh Vita capture methods :|

No patch, no UMDs, probably didn't even use the time to get ratings sorted (although that's just my guess)

ask again in summer

If you check the twitters they were aware that the PSP store was down but didn't realise that you could still publish games and have it work for Vita or use the PS3/PC download tool to get it on a PSP here in Europe.

incpdo

Back again ! Fady never dissapoints. This thread always have something i didnt knew was coming to the PS Vita like that Shadow Blade
there is 2 games im pretty sure were cancelled : Midora and Space dave
Great work as always!

duckroll

Did anyone pick up Gundam Extreme VS Force in English yet? Any impressions on the localization? Better than SAO? What about players of the Japanese game? I heard it got a lot of updates post-release. Is it still a piece of shit? Is it worth it for SP?

Did anyone give Assassin's Creed Chronicles on Vita a go yet btw? :p

Prelude.

Did anyone pick up Gundam Extreme VS Force in English yet? Any impressions on the localization? Better than SAO? What about players of the Japanese game? I heard it got a lot of updates post-release. Is it still a piece of shit? Is it worth it for SP?

Did anyone give Assassin's Creed Chronicles on Vita a go yet btw? :p
I think PA started shipping Gundam yesterday so importers will get it next week. The biggest issue people had wasn't that the game was bad but that it lacked "expected" content like Free Battle Mode. Now they added that (and more) in a free update and they have more planned. (Not sure if the second update is out yet)

I didn't find any gameplay video of AC, btw. They already started shipping that too so, at worst, they'll pop up next week.

I've heard the Asian-English version of Extreme Vs. Force is only updated to 1.01 at present and it isn't included on the cart, which is slightly disappointing.

Takao

Banned
I'm not sure you'll see much AssCreed Chronicles gameplay soon. The game is getting a physical release in NA/EU, so the only allure to import is immediacy.

Prelude.

I'm not sure you'll see much AssCreed Chronicles gameplay soon. The game is getting a physical release in NA/EU, so the only allure to import is immediacy.
I know of a channel that will upload it next week but I was looking for some japanese footage before. There seems to be none at the moment.

Chance

Looks like Salt and Sanctuary is fucking close!

Darkest Dungeon and Risk of Rain can follow suit anytime now

3 things on S&S:

1 - Salt and Sanctuary's Vita version is not comin' when the PS4 version does. https://twitter.com/skastudios/status/703259459275993089?s=09

2 - Ska Studios is literally 2 people.

3 - they work in C#. Which doesn't play nice on Vita. Another notable indie written in C# is... Mercenary Kings.

So... Fingers crossed.

spannicus

3 things on S&S:

1 - Salt and Sanctuary's Vita version is not comin' when the PS4 version does. https://twitter.com/skastudios/status/703259459275993089?s=09

3 - they work in C#. Which doesn't play nice on Vita. Another notable indie written in C# is... Mercenary Kings.

So... Fingers crossed.
Been waiting seems like forever. Bought darkest dungeon on pc because i was tired of waiting for vita version. Hopefully we dont have to wait until fall.

I got it today. Have played maybe 2 hours. There's been a typo and a one word flub, so there's probably more to come, but it's totally coherent and seems well written otherwise. Menus and tool tips are all fine.

Of course, I don't know what the VO is saying to know if it's accurate or whatever, and translation isn't really a pet peeve of mine to begin with. Still haven't played my copy of SAO yet to have a comparison, even though I've had it forever.

It doesn't seem like a remarkable game, but I like it so far. It's worth keeping in mind that different region versions can't play online with each other, according to the game. It only patches to 1.01 like Kresnik258 said.

cj_iwakura

I feel like a broken record, but SN5 is not the same as Wayfarer of Time.

Atlus USA removed ALL the voice acting. There is NONE in WoT. Not a line.

SN5 still has battle dialogue, at least.

I'm sure they don't like doing it, but they also did it to the PS3 version of Class of Heroes 2 as far as I know. I'm not worried about this game since I really doubt Gaijinworks even has the money to localize a new game like this that Bamco seems more likely to publish themselves.

I bet it's how the partnership happened. Vic wanted to localize SN5, Namco wanted to build the brand, Namco had nothing to lose.

Prelude.

I got it today. Have played maybe 2 hours. There's been a typo and a one word flub, so there's probably more to come, but it's totally coherent and seems well written otherwise. Menus and tool tips are all fine.

Of course, I don't know what the VO is saying to know if it's accurate or whatever, and translation isn't really a pet peeve of mine to begin with. Still haven't played my copy of SAO yet to have a comparison, even though I've had it forever.

It doesn't seem like a remarkable game, but I like it so far. It's worth keeping in mind that different region versions can't play online with each other, according to the game. It only patches to 1.01 like Kresnik258 said.
Online? I thought the game only had ad-hoc and wad mostly sp content.

3 things on S&S:

So... Fingers crossed.

Ouch

So geez the list is now Axiom Verge, Risk Of Rain, Darkest Dungeon, Salt and Sanctuary... and many more

Poor Vita

If only it was getting a successor..

Prelude.

List of delated Vita ports

Some of which have been cut entirely

At least the Axiom Verge guys doubled down on saying they are absolutely releasing a VIta version

I would consider the others on danger watch
Did you miss the video of Axiom Verge running on Vita and Risk of Rain having a PS blog post 4 days ago? And Darkest Dungeon just released on PC.
Excluding AV, they're not out on PS4 either.

Prelude.

I think that what really drags graphics down are those blurred textures, if they were a little more defined everything would have looked a lot better imo. In any case i would have no problems dealing with it if the game is good.
Those dirt-like texture either are poor to begin with or they don't translate well on compressed video. Here it is on ps4. https://youtu.be/T2gVnL6mgKA?t=5m20s (you can totally pass this as a game running on Vita btw)

Top Bottom