• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Clive

Shiren The Wanderer NA pre-order is up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Shiren-Wanderer-Tower-Fortune-Dice-PlayStation/dp/B01BM6TESY

Just went from 100% happen to %200 happening :D

I have to say some of those bullet points are kind of stupid:
- " Vita exclusive content featuring new dungeons" (to me this suggests that this is an enhanced port of Shiren the Wanderer on the Wii with added dungeons and not a game never before released in English. Something like "Long awaited return", "Finally in English" or whatever would be better to suggest it's a new game)

- "Multiplayer: Battle your friends or work together to beat" (to beat what exactly?)

I have to say some of those bullet points are kind of stupid:
- " Vita exclusive content featuring new dungeons" (to me this suggests that this is an enhanced port of Shiren the Wanderer on the Wii with added dungeons and not a game never before released in English. Something like "Long awaited return", "Finally in English" or whatever would be better to suggest it's a new game)

- "Multiplayer: Battle your friends or work together to beat" (to beat what exactly?)

amazon.ca has the full description, the one on com is cut off for some reason

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BM6TESY/

Content is key: loads of precious items, vile monsters, epic quests and vita exclusive dungeons await in Shiren's most epic tale to date
Seeing is believing: beautiful 2d graphics bring Shiren's world to life in high resolution
Never go it alone, multiplayer: battle your friends or work together to beat challenging dungeons
The fallen will rise again, rescue: help your fallen friends by reviving them via ad hoc mode

don't see a problem with it

EDIT: Also only 45 CAD. Gonna pre-order from VGP ASAP

small44

Nothing interesting there,PC has a lot more indies games and I'm not a fan of Japanese games most of them are RPG

redcrayon

You're always most welcome my friend! I'm itching to post a biiiig new update today :D How have you been?
I've been very well, thanks! Am toying with some of the recent PS+ games while my baby daughter is napping, really enjoying Nova 111 and Flame Over.

Just pre-ordered Grand Kingdom. I'm also looking at that upcoming Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault game, and thinking it's kind of the thing I'll either really really like, or just not get on with at all. Will wait for some gaf impressions first on that one. I love strategy games but not so much Tower Defence, so it could go either way :)

I've been very well, thanks! Am toying with some of the recent PS+ games while my baby daughter is napping, really enjoying Nova 111 and Flame Over.

Just pre-ordered Grand Kingdom. I'm also looking at that upcoming Aegis Earth game, and thinking it's kind of the thing I'll either really really like, or just not get on with at all. Will wait for some gaf impressions first on that one.

Gonna play the shit out of of Grand Kingdom

Jrpg army builder with a cool battle system
Its the closest thing to ogre batlle ill likely ever get these days

redcrayon

Gonna play the shit out of of Grand Kingdom

Jrpg army builder with a cool battle system
Its the closest thing to ogre batlle ill likely ever get these days
Yeah, I can't wait. At the point it arrives I'll just be finishing up Fire Emblem: Fates, seems perfectly timed to me!

How was Moero Chronicle? I didn't buy it myself because I'm not massive on gridders and the fanservice seemed overwhelming.

As far as drpgs go it could have been significantly better. There was basically no character balance, so late game monster girls were almost always better than early game and magic characters would have physical abilities and physical would have magic. If I want to use that tsundere twin tails at the start of the game, let her be at least decent later on dammit. The fanservice was definitely a key point of the design, which once the appeal to that started to wear off, you were left with a drpg that made you want to play a better one.

How was Moero Chronicle? I didn't buy it myself because I'm not massive on gridders and the fanservice seemed overwhelming.

Yeah as Shizuka said, decent DRPG. It's a bit like Pokemon but with monster girls, as there are a lot you can collect and put into your team. There are even team dynamics with certain monsters working better together because of their traits and so on.

But if you're not into DRPGs or fanservice, there might not be a lot there for you. I think it's a fun game, but I also think monster girls are cute :3

SephLuis

Thanks, not too disapointed with probably never seeing them then

I don't like the new art as much as the old one. The OST is still good and the graphics are quite good on the Vita.

For the Evo series, they added voice acting to almost all story segments and added more side-quests.

It's a decent DRPG.

As far as drpgs go it could have been significantly better. There was basically no character balance, so late game monster girls were almost always better than early game and magic characters would have physical abilities and physical would have magic. If I want to use that tsundere twin tails at the start of the game, let her be at least decent later on dammit. The fanservice was definitely a key point of the design, which once the appeal to that started to wear off, you were left with a drpg that made you want to play a better one.

Yeah as Shizuka said, decent DRPG. It's a bit like Pokemon but with monster girls, as there are a lot you can collect and put into your team. There are even team dynamics with certain monsters working better together because of their traits and so on.

But if you're not into DRPGs or fanservice, there might not be a lot there for you. I think it's a fun game, but I also think monster girls are cute :3

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've not bought any of the 'heavier' fanservice games so far on Vita just because I feel they'd be a bit much for me (there were parts of Demon Gaze I really didn't like), however I am planning on changing that soon by buying Shinovi Versus before it completely goes out of print, so I guess we'll see.

It does sound kinda interesting, but I think I'd just be buying it out of fear of it disappearing (being an Asian-English release) rather than actually wanting to play it any time soon.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've not bought any of the 'heavier' fanservice games so far on Vita just because I feel they'd be a bit much for me (there were parts of Demon Gaze I really didn't like), however I am planning on changing that soon by buying Shinovi Versus before it completely goes out of print, so I guess we'll see.

It does sound kinda interesting, but I think I'd just be buying it out of fear of it disappearing (being an Asian-English release) rather than actually wanting to play it any time soon.

Ehh I wouldn't worry too much about Chronicles going out of print soon or even being hard to find once it does. That seems to be a very heavily imported game and companies know that people like to buy it because of it's content and it's no fucks given attitude towards censorship. If anything I'd say it's one of the most common Asian English games out there for Vita.

I mean I know that Ebay and Amazon resellers keep trying to make the game look like it's some rare thing, but every import site constantly has a stock of it and it's usually sold at a discount.

LatestVitaGames has gone up with some footage of Extreme Vs. Force in English:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagt-J94MEo

The Asia version with english subtitles is fine though not all of the Japanese spoken dialogue is displayed as subtitles like for example when battles begin. The only other thing annoying me is needing to have an asian PSN account to unlock barbatos I really dont want to go through account switching on vita. :(

Ehh I wouldn't worry too much about Chronicles going out of print soon or even being hard to find once it does. That seems to be a very heavily imported game and companies know that people like to buy it because of it's content and it's no fucks given attitude towards censorship. If anything I'd say it's one of the most common Asian English games out there for Vita.

I mean I know that Ebay and Amazon resellers keep trying to make the game look like it's some rare thing, but every import site constantly has a stock of it and it's usually sold at a discount.

Yeah. It's hard to tell with these things sometimes whether they're gonna disappear or not. Deception IV Nightmare Princess was easy to find when it launched, but apparently is impossible to find new at this point.

But anyway, I think I'll wait regardless and dip my toes in the water with a couple of other titles first.

Fady K

Assassin's Creed Liberation on the Vita makes me wish more devs made some AA-AAA games for the system. It's beautiful for an old Vita game :)

Here are some updates for you guys, enjoy!! (Apologies if anything posted below has already been posted previously!)

COMING SOON!

Pixel Hunter
NdHf9tv.jpg

Blast 'Em Bunnies
1DPcbM7l.jpg

Dreii
hJRojFSl.png

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus
YSQQNpp.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
ITov4wU.jpg

Croixleur Sigma
VV1hrzD.jpg

Pirate Solitaire
Qfu2UqL.jpg

Royal Defense Invisible Threat
mlO0cqf.jpg

Knock Knock
Tz5UBV4.jpg

Hitman Go
u8HCYHfl.jpg

Ninja Senki DX
SSnilip.png

SwapQuest
CAYJNLFl.png

Super Blast Deluxe
EQxrlXY.png

* Neverending Nightmares - Infinitap games is bringing atmospheric horror game Neverending Nightmares to the Vita in Q2 2016. Trailer of PC version.
z8yIYBAl.jpg

25092403376_2d8c0fc4c2_b.jpg

24751065189_0cbc29f2f0_b.jpg

* Xenoraid - 10tons Ltd is making a vertical sidescrolling shoot em up/shmup for the Vita by the name of Xenoraid.
Y6XEhX3.jpg

25136683835_7c1e674f08_b.jpg

24505983694_d8ef4c914f_b.jpg

* 10 Second Ninja X - New game from Four Circle Interactive. Developer calls it a mix of Super Meat Boy and Trials HD. You have 10 seconds to kill all the enemies per level. Announcement trailer.
7Byn72Jl.jpg

* Pixel Hunter - a game out of the blue, hitting the Vita tomorrow. The game is a 3D platformer with an 8 bit style.
NdHf9tv.jpg

ss_ed7fb934a02681376a69507560362968a132e64f.600x338.jpg

ss_cf1d5e9c701d975ecd1f5d4849b384c9f40cf9da.600x338.jpg

* Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness - the visual novel adventure game is coming west thanks to NIS America. English trailer here.
fUQHENi.png

* Yomawari: Night Alone - this equally cute and scary adventure game is also coming west thanks to NIS America <3 <3 <3 Trailer here.
g6rmmHp.png

* Criminal Girls 2 may be coming west as well. It was teased during NIS's recent press event.
NIS-Criminal-Girls-2-Tease-Init.jpg

* Grand Kingdom - Here's an introduction trailer. Coming out June 21 (NA) and June 17 (Europe).
Grand-Kingdom_02-22-16.jpg

* Caligula - A new JRPG for the Vita announced by FuRyu and Aquria. The plot is written by Persona 1 + 2's writer. Due for release in Japan on June 23. New full length trailer.
ySH3q2L.jpg

cHFEq8V.jpg

Caligula-Teaser-PV.jpg

Caligula-Teaser-PV_Fami-shot_003.jpg

Caligula-PV_03-04-16.jpg

* Trillion: God of Destruction - Here's a new gameplay overview trailer. Idea Factory will be releasing this strategy RPG on March 29 (North America) and April 1 (Europe). Limited edition has been announced too, available for pre-order here.
Trillion-PV_02-24-16.jpg

Trillion-GoD-LE-Ann-768x542.jpg

* Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - New combat trailer. Due out this June.
Odin-Sphere-PV_02-24-16.jpg

* Kenka Bancho Otome launches in Japan on May 19. Trailer here.
Kenka-Bancho-Otome-PV1.jpg

* God Eater Resurrection New animated trailer. Due out this summer.
GER-Story-Prologue-PV-Init.jpg

* Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - is almost here. March 15th in NA, March 18th in Europe. New trailer - i'm guessing definitely NSFW
SKEV-Dated-US-EU.jpg

* Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - new screens, featuring the other protagonist Dana. Due out in Japan this summer.
Ys-VIII_02-26-16_001.jpg

Ys-VIII_02-26-16_002.jpg

Ys-VIII_02-26-16_004.jpg

Ys-VIII_02-26-16_005.jpg

Ys-VIII_02-26-16_006.jpg

* Stranger of Sword City - Some new screens. Out this April in Europe and North America.
SoSC_02-26-16_001.jpg

SoSC_02-26-16_002.jpg

SoSC_02-26-16_003.jpg

SoSC_02-26-16_005.jpg

* Salt & Sanctuary - New trailer.
Salt-Sanctuary_02-26-16.jpg

Salt-and-Sanctuary_2016_02-26-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Salt-and-Sanctuary_2016_02-26-16_003.jpg_600.jpg

Salt-and-Sanctuary_2016_02-26-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

* World of Final Fantasy - New screens and they are delightful.
World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_001.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_002-600x337.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_003-600x337.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_005-600x337.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_007-600x337.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_009-600x337.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_010-600x339.jpg

World-of-Final-Fantasy_2016_02-29-16_013-600x337.jpg

* Dragon Quest Heroes II - New screens (Due out in Japan on May 27):
DQH2_02-29-16_001.jpg

DQH2_02-29-16_002.jpg

DQH2_02-29-16_003.jpg

DQH2_02-29-16_004.jpg

DQH2_02-29-16_006.jpg

DQH2_02-29-16_010.jpg

DQH2_02-29-16_012.jpg

* Atelier Sophie has been trademarked in Europe. It will likely come out in English.
Atelier-Sophie-Trademarked-Europe.jpg

* Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence Sengoku Risshiden - new trailer. Out in Japan on March 24.
Nobunaga-Trailer_03-03-16.jpg

* ClaDun Sengoku - Out in Japan on May 26. New screens:
ClaDun-Sengoku_03-03-16_001.jpg

ClaDun-Sengoku_03-03-16_006.jpg

ClaDun-Sengoku_03-03-16_007.jpg

ClaDun-Sengoku_03-03-16_008.jpg

ClaDun-Sengoku_03-03-16_009.jpg

* Digimon World: Next Order - Out in Japan on March 17. New screens:
Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_03-03-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_03-03-16_002.jpg_600.jpg

Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_03-03-16_003.jpg_600.jpg

Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_03-03-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

* Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils - Coming out to Japanese Vitas this June. It's a 2D action platformer.
sxpFK6C.jpg

ss_e68efdc36232e4992f5e9d2b3066321260618516.600x338.jpg

ss_a5a50d3c46b2a3ca81c0b051a8fc306afa2aa62c.600x338.jpg

* Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates - Compile Heart recently announced this for the Vita. It's a pirate RPG. More details to come.
0eVBddG.jpg

* Futuridium EP Deluxe will be getting a physical release (date TBA) thanks to Limited Run Games!
futuridium-ep-deluxe-limited-run-games-ps-vita-ps4.jpg

* Unepic is hitting the Vita. It's a role playing platformer and it'll be coming out this month too. Official trailer here.
0BE3FVO.jpg

The indie gods give and take in a very short period of time, as usual.

https://twitter.com/TotallyChoice/status/702207764156669953

Space Dave isn't coming to Vita anymore.

Thanks for the notification buddy, will remove it.

News to me, thanks Shizuka

Back again ! Fady never dissapoints. This thread always have something i didnt knew was coming to the PS Vita like that Shadow Blade
there is 2 games im pretty sure were cancelled : Midora and Space dave
Great work as always!

Thanks for the kind words my friend :) Enjoy today's update!

ZE3 was put on hiatus a few days before I started playing VLR lol (VLR is now my GOAT)

Nice seeing you here again ;D

Just pre-ordered Grand Kingdom. I'm also looking at that upcoming Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault game, and thinking it's kind of the thing I'll either really really like, or just not get on with at all. Will wait for some gaf impressions first on that one. I love strategy games but not so much Tower Defence, so it could go either way :)

You're a father redcrayon? That's awesome :D God bless your daughter man :) I tried out Nova 111 for the first time recently thanks to PS+, deeper than I expected! Will try Flame Over soon. I beat Virtue's Last Reward, by far one of the best games I have played in years. Recommended!

Both games you mentioned are interesting to me, especially Grand Kingdom!

Assassin's Creed Liberation on the Vita makes me wish more devs made some AA-AAA games for the system. It's beautiful for an old Vita game :)

Ah yes, the good old lost potential. Tbh I don't really want more AAA because the majority of them didn't work well on Vita for me (i.e. I thought Killzone did, but Uncharted definitely didn't).

However, I'd have loved more AA games that aren't from Japan. Just the mid-tier stuff that's barely still alive in gaming these days.

redcrayon

You're a father redcrayon? That's awesome :D God bless your daughter man :) I tried out Nova 111 for the first time recently thanks to PS+, deeper than I expected! Will try Flame Over soon. I beat Virtue's Last Reward, by far one of the best games I have played in years. Recommended!

Both games you mentioned are interesting to me, especially Grand Kingdom!
Thanks man, that's sweet. :) Yeah, we notch up some serious Vita time in the small hours when I should be asleep and my little 'assistant' decides that sleep is for other people :D

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Ah yes, the good old lost potential. Tbh I don't really want more AAA because the majority of them didn't work well on Vita for me (i.e. I thought Killzone did, but Uncharted definitely didn't).

However, I'd have loved more AA games that aren't from Japan. Just the mid-tier stuff that's barely still alive in gaming these days.

Surprised you didn't like Uncharted. I remember picking up my Vita the day my local game store finally got it in stock and picked that up to go with it. I was amazed at the quality and everything gameplay-wise except for the weird gyroscope aiming.

Mid-tier stuff from Western publishers would have been awesome, but looking at what we have coming this year, I think I'm satisfied.

Surprised you didn't like Uncharted. I remember picking up my Vita the day my local game store finally got it in stock and picked that up to go with it. I was amazed at the quality and everything gameplay-wise except for the weird gyroscope aiming.

Mid-tier stuff from Western publishers would have been awesome, but looking at what we have coming this year, I think I'm satisfied.

It's not that it didn't work as an Uncharted game, because I think it did. I just didn't find that Uncharted was structured like a game I wanted to play on a handheld. There was never really a good moment I thought "I'll put this down and go play something else" compared to a lot more accessible games - in my opinion of course. Which made playing on the go difficult.

There are AAA franchises that I think work well on handhelds - anything open-world with side missions is fun to mess around in; like I say Killzone is structured well etc.

I realise that JRPG's are often on handhelds and suffer from the same thing, but many of them are structured in little blocks these days (i.e. go and do some social links in Persona; go and gather some materials in Atelier) that I think do work.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
It's not that it didn't work as an Uncharted game, because I think it did. I just didn't find that Uncharted was structured like a game I wanted to play on a handheld. There was never really a good moment I thought "I'll put this down and go play something else", compared to a lot more accessible games - in my opinion of course.

I realise that JRPG's are often on handhelds and suffer from the same thing, but many of them are structured in little blocks these days (i.e. go and do some social links in Persona; go and gather some materials in Atelier) that I think do work.

Well there we are certainly in agreement. I did feel like I had to marathon Uncharted, while with Persona I could play it for a 20 minutes and put it down very easily. It's a tough balance to strike on a handheld I suppose. Back to Fady's point, I think AC:Liberation did a pretty good job of finding that balance. Do a quick 5-15 minute mission, take a break. 5 minutes to manage your ships, take another break. I think if they had decided to make a tie-in for Assassin's Creed 4, we would've seen a near perfect portable AC game.

Top Bottom