• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Those dirt-like texture either are poor to begin with or they don't translate well on compressed video. Here it is on ps4. https://youtu.be/T2gVnL6mgKA?t=5m20s (you can totally pass this as a game running on Vita btw)

Here's a better looking area of Assassin's Creed Chronicles

https://youtu.be/cvL8dcBAOk4
It seems more like a good port of a not so good looking game, but the india part looks good enough for me.

Not beautiful but good enough for me. Framerate seems to be stable.

I think this falls into the 'better' camp of UE3 games on Vita:

Looks bad/runs good - MK9; Injustice; AC Chronicles
Looks good/runs bad - Borderlands

I'd rather have the former than the latter.

Honestly i think that MK9 looked good, close ups apart on the small screen downgrades were a lot less noticeable.

koutoru

I was expecting bomba and I got bomba. Disappointing. Hope it doesn't hurt its chances of coming west.
I don't think it will, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this meant that they are going to rely on western sales of the game even more now.

These days, NIS in general has been relying more and more on western sales of their games to carry their titles.
Unless it's a visual novel type game like Great Edo Blacksmith, there's a pretty good chance an NIS published game will be localized, even if it has low Japanese sales.

Clive

Is there like an official list out there of all the NA Vita releases or do we all use Wiki for that?

I think The Vita Lounge does a great job of keeping track of past and future Vita releases. Their lists can also be sorted by release date, name, region and PS TV compatibility.

Past:
http://thevitalounge.net/released-playstation-vita-games/

Upcoming:
http://thevitalounge.net/coming-playstation-vita-games/

Upcoming games often change with short notice so it might be a good idea to keep track of The Drop which is published on the Playstation Blog every Sunday and features the releases for the following week.

Fady K

Guys, so I beat Virtue's Last Reward. Simply put, if you want to enjoy an extremely intriguing story on your Vita, you MUST GET THIS!

I am currently enjoying Assassin's Creed Liberation and it's pretty damn solid!

Thanks Fady!

Wow Toukiden 2 looks great.

You're always most welcome my friend! I'm itching to post a biiiig new update today :D How have you been?

You know, my tag is still associated with your Peanuts response haha. How have you been bro?

Tohsaka

I don't think it will, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this meant that they are going to rely on western sales of the game even more now.

These days, NIS in general has been relying more and more on western sales of their games to carry their titles.
Unless it's a visual novel type game like Great Edo Blacksmith, there's a pretty good chance an NIS published game will be localized, even if it has low Japanese sales.

I'm still mad that they didn't localize that. It probably wasn't that great, but the premise seemed unique and the characters were all adults, which is fairly uncommon.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but NISA has been pulling in a lot of the money for NIS as of late, and we've gotten almost every in-house title except for the visual novels. It also helps that NISA is making steam ports for their most recent releases, which I would think helps increase the odds of a localization.

I guess the steam thing could depend on how well CG and Firefly Diary sell. It seems like Disgaea is a success.

Fady K

Zero Escape 3 will be unveiled at GDC next month.

Having finished VLR very recently as you know, I feel VERY fortunate that I'll barely have to wait for the next part. I can't imagine how hard it was for the fans to wait almost 4 years, with much of that time fearing that the game may not be made anymore :O

This is pretty much what I'm thinking. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but NISA has been pulling in a lot of the money for NIS as of late, and we've gotten almost every in-house title except for the visual novels. It also helps that NISA is making steam ports for their most recent releases, which I would think helps increase the odds of a localization.

I guess the steam thing could depend on how well CG and Firefly Diary sell. It seems like Disgaea is a success.

Well, I truly hope you guys are right about that. I've said many times how interested I am in this game and the more I hear about it, the more I want it. Was a bit gutted it bombed like that - MeiQ from Compile Heart bombed similarly and we've had no word of that in the west yet.

Well, I truly hope you guys are right about that. I've said many times how interested I am in this game and the more I hear about it, the more I want it. Was a bit gutted it bombed like that - MeiQ from Compile Heart bombed similarly and we've had no word of that in the west yet.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, because I'm hoping we get the game too. I still think it has a decent shot, but I may be wrong.

I totally forgot about Death Under the Labyrinth. Damn, that game didn't even sell 6k in its first week. Outside of Trillion I don't follow IFI as closely, they only have releases planned through Spring and Summer correct? Maybe it could release this fall. They also have to announce that Sega Hard Girls crossover. Do they do announcements at Anime Expo?

I totally forgot about Death Under the Labyrinth. Damn, that game didn't even sell 6k in its first week. Outside of Trillion I don't follow IFI as closely, they only have releases planned through Spring and Summer correct? Maybe it could release this fall. They also have to announce that Sega Hard Girls crossover. Do they do announcements at Anime Expo?

To be completely fair, MeiQ released in December so there's still time I suppose - Makai Shin Trillion took what felt like ages to be announced for the west. It's just because they got most of their releases that weren't PC out of the way in Q1-Q2 last year (it felt like), so I'm worried stuff will fall through the cracks. But like you say they have SEGA Hard Girls and that hasn't been announced yet, but I'm 100% certain it will come.

Still, MeiQ certainly feels up in the air. I like to hope Hero Must Die has more chance because NISA already said they're looking into it and because it possibly has more commercial potential in the west (appealing to Atelier audience with the time limits + more marketable design in third-person than first-person).

I think MeiQ and Death Under Labryinth will come over when they have time, Compile Heart had to work hard into bringing all the neptunias over quickly and now they're reaching a quiet moment where they can work on other games. Trillion took ages to be announced and people expected it to be never coming over for quite a while. After trillion, they have not many games left that are left unlocalised and Compile Heart isn't announcing anything new either for a while.

I think MeiQ and Death Under Labryinth will come over when they have time, Compile Heart had to work hard into bringing all the neptunias over quickly and now they're reaching a quiet moment where they can work on other games. Trillion took ages to be announced and people expected it to be never coming over for quite a while. After trillion, they have not many games left that are left unlocalised and Compile Heart isn't announcing anything new either for a while.

That's the same game or not? :)

Yeah I think it will come as well. With them porting everything to Steam later I don't see why not. And Steam doesn't really have an abundance of good DRPGs yet.

After FFF and Neptune vs Zombies there's only Sega Hard Girls left, and Black Rose Valkyrie is still too far away.

I guess they could bring an Otome, but that's not gonna be enough

Has anyone heard anything about Moe Crystal Asia English btw? It was announced a while ago for early 2016, but there has only been silence after that.

To be completely fair, MeiQ released in December so there's still time I suppose - Makai Shin Trillion took what felt like ages to be announced for the west. It's just because they got most of their releases that weren't PC out of the way in Q1-Q2 last year (it felt like), so I'm worried stuff will fall through the cracks. But like you say they have SEGA Hard Girls and that hasn't been announced yet, but I'm 100% certain it will come.

Still, MeiQ certainly feels up in the air. I like to hope Hero Must Die has more chance because NISA already said they're looking into it and because it possibly has more commercial potential in the west (appealing to Atelier audience with the time limits + more marketable design in third-person than first-person).

Looking over IFI's releases of CH games, they have a similar track record to NISA with NIS. Save the Moe series and Date A Live, they've been pretty consistent with localizing most of the games. And as you mentioned, considering the spacing of release dates between Japan and the West I'd say there's some time for MeiQ. I think an announcement is still somewhat likely. I'd only start worrying if there isn't an announcement by or in December.

Sorry for the confusion, MeiQ = Death Under Labyrinth. Blogs translated the name, but MeiQ is still used as shorthand in the meantime.

People were worried about Trillion getting a localization? That surprises me. I always assumed it was just going to happen with IFI's track record, and it seemed like a smart decision.

The fact that IFI only have Fairy Fencer PS4, the Sega Hard crossover (we all know this is 100% happening), and Black Valkyrie (currently in development and thus not getting localized for a while) also makes me optimistic regarding MeiQ's chances. It's also in the same series as Trillion, so it would make sense.

Having finished VLR very recently as you know, I feel VERY fortunate that I'll barely have to wait for the next part. I can't imagine how hard it was for the fans to wait almost 4 years, with much of that time fearing that the game may not be made anymore :O

ZE3 was put on hiatus a few days before I started playing VLR lol (VLR is now my GOAT)

Looking over IFI's releases of CH games, they have a similar track record to NISA with NIS. Save the Moe series and Date A Live, they've been pretty consistent with localizing most of the games. And as you mentioned, considering the spacing of release dates between Japan and the West I'd say there's some time for MeiQ. I think an announcement is still somewhat likely. I'd only start worrying if there isn't an announcement by or in December.

The fact that IFI only have Fairy Fencer PS4, the Sega Hard crossover (we all know this is 100% happening), and Black Valkyrie (currently in development and thus not getting localized for a while) also makes me optimistic regarding MeiQ's chances. It's also in the same series as Trillion, so it would make sense.

The thing with MeiQ is that there's actually very little coverage of it. Pretty hard to find playthrough videos even in Japanese; there's no Kotaku-esque article like there was for Trillion. It seems like a really low-key release, and they're the kinds of things that even NISA skipped on PSP sometimes.

Like I say, hope I'm wrong though, because it looks decent (not that I'd know with how hard it is to find footage!)

re. Black Rose Valkyrie, I think it'll be out in the west sooner than you think. It is under a new label called "Idea Factory International" after all, that suggests to me that they're aiming for quicker worldwide releases at the very least.

Like I say, hope I'm wrong though, because it looks decent (not that I'd know with how hard it is to find footage!)

re. Black Rose Valkyrie, I think it'll be out in the west sooner than you think. It is under a new label called "Idea Factory International" after all, that suggests to me that they're aiming for quicker worldwide releases at the very least.

We'll see. I'm not as confident for MeiQ as I was for Trillion, but I do think there's a decent chance.

Regarding Valkyrie, I was aware that CH and IFI had put a up a teaser website together, however I was unaware that it got a release date earlier this week. Based on that I would think it will come in the fall or early spring of next year. So yeah, that probably is coming sooner than I was expecting.

2016 is quickly turning into a software monster for me

I know I at least want

- Salt and Sanctuary
- Risk of Rain
- Darkest Dungeon
- Odin Sphere
- Grand Kingdom
- Cold Steel 2

And probably many more... and thats already a big list. Between my Console titles and a few 3DS games.... How the fuck...

18-Volt

Where the hell is XSEED? Their last upcoming title, Estival, is releasing in 10 days and they still haven't announced anything for the rest of 2016. They have 5 Vita titles in their yard with 2 of them have higher chance to be released in near future: Net High and Valkyrie Drive. But some of us are praying for Luminous Arc Infinity, a SRPG that deserves attention.

Where the hell is XSEED? Their last upcoming title, Estival, is releasing in 10 days and they still haven't announced anything for the rest of 2016. They have 5 Vita titles in their yard with 2 of them have higher chance to be released in near future: Net High and Valkyrie Drive. But some of us are praying for Luminous Arc Infinity, a SRPG that deserves attention.

Considering no dates or updates have been given for any of their PC releases either, I'd assume we're going to be hearing something this month.

NDPsycho

I really hope they do release Luminous Arc. I liked both on the 3ds and would love to be able to play it in english.

XSEED nearly always seem to release the majority of their titles in fall/winter. I'm not at all surprised they don't have anything announced yet. E3 like last year, I would imagine.

@koeitecmoeurope will you guys ever do a limited (like 2-3000) print of all the atelier games on vita? #AskKTE

KOEI TECMO EUROPE ‏@koeitecmoeurope 14m14 minutes ago
If you can promise even 1000, then why not?? #AskKTE

So Koei Tecmo Europe is doing a QA atm and this question was asked. Their answer seems to imply that they'd be willing, they just need a certain other company to make that push for them.

Cold Steel II is supposed to be released later this year.

Loads of good stuff from this Q&A:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/705787420172754944

@koeitecmoeurope @AskKTE is there a final "no" on Nights of Azure Vita, or is still being considered?

Ciel nosurge is a no, Nights of Azure Vita hasn't got a final 'no', there's no further update though. :( #AskKTE

@koeitecmoeurope any news about Atelier Sophie? #AskKTE

Give us just a little bit more time. #AskKTE

@koeitecmoeurope How long will you continue to support the #PSVita? #AskKTE

Forever. #AskKTE

18-Volt

XSEED nearly always seem to release the majority of their titles in fall/winter. I'm not at all surprised they don't have anything announced yet. E3 like last year, I would imagine.

They're pretty random actually. They released Lords of Magna just 3 months after they first announced it. And it was in June. I expect Net High and Valkyrie Drive to get same treatment as their English trophy list suggests they've been already on the job. Announcements could come any second I guess.

Shizuka

They're pretty random actually. They released Lords of Magna just 3 months after they first announced it. And it was in June. I expect Net High and Valkyrie Drive to get same treatment as their English trophy list suggests they've been already on the job. Announcements could come any second I guess.

I wonder what they have in store for Summer 2016.

Net High didn't get a trophy list did it

Cold Steel 2 seems like at least one of them considering they're already in the process of voice recording, which last time there was roughly a 3 1/2 month between when that wrapped up and when the game released.

They seem on track to deliver it this summer.... among the HUGE mess of other games and E3 madness

Goddamnit being a gamer is hard

eye-twitch.gif

Does the dengeki games festival usually contain a lot of gameplay/announcements?

I just saw that there will be a Caligula special stage event!

also, I want to see some Punchline gameplay.

Top Bottom