• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Ooo it's only around 55$ CAD, not terrible. How are the subs though? I don't import any Asian english games so I don't know the quality of translation. Also is Play Asia the best place for imports?
Could be better, but it's nothing offensive like SAO HF.
You see some weird sentences every now and then, but everything is perfectly understandable. I'd go with Play Asia. VGP had the game as well but they didn't restock it for a while I think.

Cool I'm fine with it as long as it's not as its not as egregious as Hollow Fragment was. If it's atleast understandable thats cool. Does anyone know any import sites that doesn't use the US dollar as a bases for price? Its a lot cheaper converting YEN to CAD than USD to CAD.

Shizuka

Cool I'm fine with it as long as it's not as its not as egregious as Hollow Fragment was. If it's atleast understandable thats cool. Does anyone know any import sites that doesn't use the US dollar as a bases for price? Its a lot cheaper converting YEN to CAD than USD to CAD.

Maybe try Ebay? It's been released for quite some time, the only website that keeps constant stock of asian releases is Play-Asia.

Prelude.

Apparently Amazon jp now ships internationally so that might be a good place to buy Skullgirls. (since it has english subs)

ZoronMaro

Apparently Amazon jp now ships internationally so that might be a good place to buy Skullgirls. (since it has english subs)

Wow guess I'm in the right thread, I wanted to ask what's the best site for importing to Australia. Specifically Skullgirls vita, since my standbys amiami and ebay don't have anything. Is playasia or amazon better, or is there some other site I don't know?

Wow guess I'm in the right thread, I wanted to ask what's the best site for importing to Australia. Specifically Skullgirls vita, since my standbys amiami and ebay don't have anything. Is playasia or amazon better, or is there some other site I don't know?

If people were given the choice, Amazon would have pretty much all of the import trade. They're just as good over there as they are over here.

Ephidel

Really? Omg they do now. Excellent :D
It might sound stupid but I'm genuinely excited about this, especially as Amazon JP prices drop like stones half the time and Amazon deal with customs crap for you. I expect the costs of postage will balance that out somewhat but I welcome having another option at least.
Doing a quick skim most Vita, PSP, PS4, PS3 and DS titles sold by Amazon themselves will ship though there are a few weird exceptions. Steins;Gate 0 and Caligula won't. Nor will Period Cube/Nil Admirari/Taisho Alice/that snow white otome game. And PS4 wise Black Rose Valkyrie is a no-go.
Pretty much all the 3DS and WiiU stuff I checked won't (although perhaps even more oddly SMTIV Final, DQM Joker 3, and that Yokai Watch SRPG will). Most X360 stuff will but not Stranger. None of the PC games I checked will.
... I'm not buying all that stuff, they were just what came to mind to check first :p

ZoronMaro

If people were given the choice, Amazon would have pretty much all of the import trade. They're just as good over there as they are over here.

So amazon is better? I remember playasia and Amazon.jp both having really high shipping prices which is why I never used them before. Also I'm not from Australia I only moved here recently, although I doubt there's any import stores.

Olengie

I have more trust in Amazon than Play Asia. Took Play Asia 3 months to resolve an issue and they didn't bother offering expedited shipping for my troubles.

Nkekev

Neo Member
I have more trust in Amazon than Play Asia. Took Play Asia 3 months to resolve an issue and they didn't bother offering expedited shipping for my troubles.

Same, I definitively stopped buying at Play Asia, always delivery problems, must call Paypal to refund because they don't care. I would recommend more Nippon-Yasan for Japanese titles or videogamesplus for others.

Chance

I only went to Play-Asia for Asia-region English releases - will Amazon.jp carry like the Asian SKU of Gundam Breakers 3?

Clive

I only went to Play-Asia for Asia-region English releases - will Amazon.jp carry like the Asian SKU of Gundam Breakers 3?

No, you will never find and Asian English releases on Amazon Japan although there are a few examples of the Japanese release including English subs like Dokuro, Skullgirls, Hotline Miami and Orgarhythm. The SKU sold directly by Amazon Japan will always be the Japanese.

Related - I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Within through PSNow on my Vita for a couple weeks, it's been amazing.

Lack of bumpers hurt some of the PSNow games, but for some, like XCOM, it works just fine. And playing XCOM on the Vita is...perfection.

Nkekev

Neo Member
It's 28€ for the normal edition and 40€ for LE with the code for me, normal ?

Edit: The price raise on the basket...

Steins;Gate is £10/$14/€13 at Rice with free WW shipping if you use the code "TENOFF"

LE with artbook is only £5 more

no excuse now

edit select GBP as your currency

Bought the limited edition, thanks a lot Yian.

For those having trouble, first select pounds (top left), add the item to your cart, and on checkout enter the code, it discounts a flat 10 pounds per order. You can then send them to anywhere in Europe with free shipping and pay with Paypal (I'm in Spain and I paid the 15 pounds with Paypal without issue).

Related - I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Within through PSNow on my Vita for a couple weeks, it's been amazing.

Lack of bumpers hurt some of the PSNow games, but for some, like XCOM, it works just fine. And playing XCOM on the Vita is...perfection.

It's about time they just revealed whether XCOM is coming or not. After so much leaking, and with Civ Rev 2 as well, it's disappointing that we've still heard nothing. Civ Rev just got a half-hearted PS Blog reveal and then we've not really heard from it since.

It's about time they just revealed whether XCOM is coming or not. After so much leaking, and with Civ Rev 2 as well, it's disappointing that we've still heard nothing. Civ Rev just got a half-hearted PS Blog reveal and then we've not really heard from it since.

Yeah, I'm really wondering what the heck happened with X-Com. Its been hinted for months and was all but confirmed as being real but we've seen or heard nothing about it for a few months now :(

Yeah, I'm really wondering what the heck happened with X-Com. Its been hinted for months and was all but confirmed as being real but we've seen or heard nothing about it for a few months now :(

Prior to this year I was holding out hope that PSX was going to be a big blowout of Vita ports (Assassin's Creed; Civ Rev; XCOM).

Then we got the Civ Rev reveal on the PS Blog and AC revealed in Ubisoft's blog and nothing on XCOM. Pretty disappointing. I'm pretty disappointed with how they revealed all of them to be honest, but oh well :p

Didn't 2K say they were coming to E3 "in a big way"? Maybe they're saving it all up for then.

Limited edition is £24.99 before the coupon, does the coupon give a £5 discount? Also: Shipping to Brazil £4.95.

Sorry I should have checked more carefully, all the countries I tried had free shipping. With shipping you should still end up at £20 for the LE.

The coupon is a flat £10 off for all Steins;Gate and BlazBlue Chronophantasm Extend versions afaik

I don't think 4 year-late Vita ports would be coming to E3 in a big way :p

I agree. I don't see them gaining much from announcing Xcom at E3. If it really is coming, I think they'll announce it through a blog post on the PS blog.

On another topic, I'm really looking forward to see more from Caligula (hopefully at the dengeki stream this weekend). From what I've seen, I really like the premise and the art direction.

18-Volt

Didn't 2K say they were coming to E3 "in a big way"? Maybe they're saving it all up for then.

Just give up, hope is dead. Yes, 2K wasted all those money to port the game, submit to Sony and have trophies for it and to have age rating from all over the world. Sounds crazy, but also sounds like something Take Two would do. *cough* Bioshock Vita *cough*

Just give up, hope is dead. Yes, 2K wasted all those money to port the game, submit to Sony and have trophies for it and to have age rating from all over the world. Sounds crazy, but also sounds like something Take Two would do. *cough* Bioshock Vita *cough*

I'm not sure that I agree. If the port is finished they have the option to release it digital only and get some of the money they invested back. However, the thing that I'm worried about is if 2k closed down the studio that was responsible for developing the V version of the game.

Bioshock seemed like a spinoff, more than a port (if I remember correctly, they only made a proof of concept).

Too me it's important that XCOM make it to the Vita because if not, my view of leaked trophy lists will shift.

BearChair

Unfortunately, Neogaf doesn't have a general Vita discussion as far as I can find, so this is the best place to ask this question.

I've been really enjoying RE2 after the recent sale, and I was looking on the PS Store tonight, and I saw that Metal Gear Solid PS1 is available, too, but only on the PSP and PS3.

I thought anything that anything digital that worked for PSP worked on Vita, though.

Before I spend $10 on this game (or wait for the sale in two weeks) can I download this game to be Vita and play it there?

Just a quick FYI, I don't have a PS3 or PS4 to play it from. I vastly prefer handheld gaming, so I don't have a modern console, just the Vita, 3DS, and some retro consoles.

SScorpio

I thought anything that anything digital that worked for PSP worked on Vita, though.

Before I spend $10 on this game (or wait for the sale in two weeks) can I download this game to be Vita and play it there?

Just a quick FYI, I don't have a PS3 or PS4 to play it from. I vastly prefer handheld gaming, so I don't have a modern console, just the Vita, 3DS, and some retro consoles.

Not all PSX games will work on the Vita. It's all down to license, that's why the Crash and Spyro games aren't available. Some games can be cross loaded off a PS3, and MGS is one of those games. You do need to PS3, and then you can install it on a Vita via the content manager. But it doesn't sound like that's an option for you.

Prelude.

Unfortunately, Neogaf doesn't have a general Vita discussion as far as I can find, so this is the best place to ask this question.

I've been really enjoying RE2 after the recent sale, and I was looking on the PS Store tonight, and I saw that Metal Gear Solid PS1 is available, too, but only on the PSP and PS3.

You need to download it from a PS3 and transfer it to the Vita in order to play the NA version for some reason.
If you know anyone with a ps3 you can transfer it from their ps3 (after logging in with your account on the console), put it on your Vita, and when you get home back it up with the content manager to your pc.
The Playstation Network thread is gaf's Vita general.

Welp, just bit the bullet on a neon orange Vita 2000 and 32GB memory card from Amazon.jp

Came to about $295 AUD after shipping which is insane. Same thing would have easily been over $400 on Play-Asia. Pretty excited! I've been rocking my Vita 1000 and 16GB card since 2012, but it barely holds a charge anymore and the shoulder buttons have gotten kinda crap.

Not if you have an US account -- you need to transfer it from PS3.

I believe you can download it directly from the EU store, but that means you either need to buy a new memory card or back up your current memory card, wipe it and purchase it through a EU account.

Depends on how much you want it, I guess.

Welp, just bit the bullet on a neon orange Vita 2000 and 32GB memory card from Amazon.jp

Came to about $295 AUD after shipping which is insane. Same thing would have easily been over $400 on Play-Asia. Pretty excited! I've been rocking my Vita 1000 and 16GB card since 2012, but it barely holds a charge anymore and the shoulder buttons have gotten kinda crap.

Nice. Finally remembered my old number to get into my account on there. Might get myself one of those sooner or later too. Wish I'd gotten a new Vita before the very final PSM deadline, though.

Top Bottom