• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I could really do with a Borderlands 2 or Resident Evil Revelations 2 to look forward to this year. I know most people were unhappy with the quality of the ports but I enjoyed having the increased genre variety on Vita to dip into every now and again; plus they ran relatively well enough for me.

I wonder if Third Party Productions have anything brewing. Seems strange from them to do a load of "bigger" porting (Blands; Resi; Street Fighter) and then just give up and have Hitman Go and Tim Schafer's games as all they're working on for this year.

Anyone else that has the Vita version of World of Final Fantasy pretty ordered notice a price jump at GS from $39.99 to $59.99?

Bestbuy has had that same price ever since the game was announced. Honestly not sure if it's just Square thinking they can add their own "Atlus tax" to the game or if it's just these companies wanting to price gouge it as they don't like carrying many Vita games anymore and see the publisher as a name they can make money off of. Meanwhile Amazon has had it priced at 40 since the start and they will at least honor said price if they too felt the need to raise it.

Cornbread78

Bestbuy has had that same price ever since the game was announced. Honestly not sure if it's just Square thinking they can add their own "Atlus tax" to the game or if it's just these companies wanting to price gouge it as they don't like carrying many Vita games anymore and see the publisher as a name they can make money off of. Meanwhile Amazon has had it priced at 40 since the start and they will at least honor said price if they too felt the need to raise it.

Uugghh, bullshit. I might as well get the PS4 version even if I wouldn't play it as much as the Vita version. Arbitrarily changing the price is also garbage for GS to do..

Fady K

I'm sad to hear that Xseed isn't localising Trails in the Sky SC for the PSP/Vita but it appears they tried at least. Thankfully it'll still be on PC in English for the fans. On the bright side we can likely look forward to English versions of new Falcom games on the Vita.

Fady K bringing the vita love man

i think i'm more hyped now

ClaDun Sengoku - this looks soooo good!

Glad you are enjoying these @Wreck ;D ClaDun Sengoku will likely come out in English too I think

Hey guys ! Great great topic for vita fans. Do you have any ideas about a risk of rain official release date ? Apart from soon enough ;)

Risk of Rain should hit in early 2016, so hopefully before the end of April :D

Yeah, there are plenty of bugs. The worst one I found was when I fell through a building and got stuck inside it. Had to reload the game, which sucked since I hadn't bothered saving progress for a while.

Man, there are so many great games coming to Vita this year. My wallet is going to take a serious hit, as well as my free time.

Oh damn, it's a shame Ubisoft are terrible with ironing out bugs. I restarted the game for now.

Indeed, so many beautiful games to look forward to :D

A bit more info about Moe Crystals announced English version would ease my mind a bit.

Yeah, six months since it was announced and not a single update since then is getting a bit concerning.

I think the English version of Moe Chronicle was kinda treated the same though, so maybe we're due for a release date any day now.

Might as well just try my luck here too:

Is there any one or two, 'bigger' titles people would want to start a #buildingthelist Vita campaign for?

Just thought I'd do a quick ask here.

Vita community has been great at mobilizing to get stuff on our handheld. From the original get Borderlands 2 on Vita stuff (which pretty much started in Gio Corsi's Third Party Productions team being formed) through #JRPGVita to #VoteVita (and even including stuff like getting Gio to step in to save Banner Saga Vita).

Gio Corsi's team still exists to get third-party games on PS consoles, but lately their efforts seem smaller in scale (Banner Saga; Hitman Go; Tim Schafer games). #buildingthelist is still there, but looking through, it's a massive mis-mash of games with no clear focus about what people want (myself included).

So I've been asking in a few communities - is there one or two 'bigger' titles people would want to campaign for? Gio has managed to get 2K; Capcom; SEGA & Square-Enix on board so far, so he's certainly got the means to do it if we ask. Obviously they'd need to be capable of running on Vita (which Borderlands 2 was arguably stretching as it is), but otherwise there's a whole range of stuff we could ask for.

So - is there any interest in getting a new campaign going to ask for one or two titles in particular, just to see what we can do? If so, what should those titles be?

Hmm to be honest I'm getting everything I want recently :)

But I guess I'd want to see Kancolle and Tokyo Xanadu make it's way to the west

If 2K is on board, then I want to give Bioshock (hell, port the iOS version if necessary) and XCOM EW.

Edit: Wait, Capcom? ACE ATTORNEY TRILOGY, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Bioshock iOS seems highly possible, yeah. Game shouldn't be too difficult to get running on Vita; 2K have worked with Gio before (Borderlands) and are already supporting the console themselves (Civ Rev). Seen a couple of suggestions for this elsewhere too.

As for Capcom, yeah - Resi Revelations 2 (Vita) and Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4) were both handled by 3PP.

Bioshock iOS seems highly possible, yeah. Game shouldn't be too difficult to get running on Vita; 2K have worked with Gio before (Borderlands) and are already supporting the console themselves (Civ Rev). Seen a couple of suggestions for this elsewhere too.

As for Capcom, yeah - Resi Revelations 2 (Vita) and Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4) were both handled by 3PP.

afaik the studio that did Civ Rev 2+ for Vita was closed down or something. Wasn't XCOM + or whatever rated by some ratings board already?

afaik the studio that did Civ Rev 2+ for Vita was closed down or something. Wasn't XCOM + or whatever rated by some ratings board already?

Yeah, it seems 2K China did the porting of Civ Rev 2 Plus and they've now closed down. I'd imagine they're the team who also handled XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus if it is indeed legit.

With that said, if 3PP are getting involved, it'd be up to them to handle the port.

What do you think the chances are of porting 3DS games to Vita? especially the ones from Capcom, SEGA and SE.

I don't have have much hope though, since 3DS games don't get ported to ANYTHING for some reason.

I think your second line sums it up there - for whatever reason, 3DS games tend to stay on 3DS.

I think they've all got various reasons they wouldn't come. For example: Kingdom Hearts wouldn't because it's being ported to PS4. Monster Hunter seems tied up by Nintendo atm. etc.

But if that's what people wanted, then it's always worth an ask I suppose.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
I'd take any SMT on Vita, period. It's maddening that we have zero SMT titles on there. Not even Devil Summoner.

i really want to play other smt games, but i'm not feeling like playing ps2 classics on ps3(already did with p3fes) or buying a 3ds. if only nocturne and digital devil saga were ported to either ps4 or vita, i'd be very happy.

I'd take any SMT on Vita, period. It's maddening that we have zero SMT titles on there. Not even Devil Summoner.

I like to fantasize layouts of how SMT4 would play on Vita with the 2D sprite style (though it'd probably be closer to Nocturne). The best would probably be vertical portraits in the vein of the 3DS bottom screen aligned to the left/right quarter of the screen, with seeing the full sprite showing when picking a move.

A port of Nocturne would kill me, I'm dying to play that game.

Devil Summoner could work wonderfully as well. Too hard for me though lol.

What annoys me the MOST though is the lack of a definitive Persona 3. Played Portable, but the cursor really hurt my experience. Would love to have a "Golden" version of P3, one of my dream games now.

Just turn every demon into a cute monster girl. Boom million seller.

Yes even Mara

A very, very, very small part of me wants to see how those demons would look like.

Mara is just lol

(P3 SPOILERS)
I hate Mara solely because it was my far and away best Persona in the Nyx battle (only lvl80+ Persona) and Primal Force makes it look like I'm attacking Death incarnate by cumming from the crystallization of my soul, which is a gigantic green penis on a chariot. Made the fight pretty hilarious while it was otherwise amazing.

Takao

Banned

Atlus JP's support of Vita in general is maddening. Persona 4 Golden is one of their most successful games ever. Their response? A rhythm spinoff two years later and literally nothing other than some Vanillaware multi-plats. While I know Nintendo funded it, it's just crazy to see them give Vita such a cold shoulder as they spent years on a Wii U exclusive that wound up selling worse than Sega's Vita Miku re-skin.

I totally forgot that Aegis of Earth is coming out this week until I listened to the Blogcast. Anyone else planning to get this? I know next to nothing about the game but I preordered it to support Aksys's Vita localizations lol. I also have feeling that a physical Vita copy will be quite rare.

Shizuka

I totally forgot that Aegis of Earth is coming out this week until I listened to the Blogcast. Anyone else planning to get this? I know next to nothing about the game but I preordered it to support Aksys's Vita localizations lol. I also have feeling that a physical Vita copy will be quite rare.

Acquire.

I have it pre-ordered. I liked the concept and style in early previews quite awhile back.

UCBooties

I've got it pre-ordered but it's shipping late.

Clive

I shouldn't expect any Vita announcements from GDC, right?

Not the kind of event even if Sony actually supported the device. Truth be told, I think it's best to expect nothing from every single future conference/expo if you want to avoid disappointments. Sony controls the news flow during those while indie devs and Japanese publishers will announce Vita games when it suits them rather than at certain events (maybe TGS excluded but we'll see).

Yeah, it seems 2K China did the porting of Civ Rev 2 Plus and they've now closed down. I'd imagine they're the team who also handled XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus if it is indeed legit.

With that said, if 3PP are getting involved, it'd be up to them to handle the port.

Yea I dont see that happening either. I do hope 3PP or Gio Corsi can help with Trails 3rd on PSP though. Ill play it on PC but I wish it was portable.

Also im getting even more annoyed by almost every indie game with a vita version announced just releasing on PS4 and the vita one being in limbo.

Yea I dont see that happening either. I do hope 3PP or Gio Corsi can help with Trails 3rd on PSP though. Ill play it on PC but I wish it was portable.

I really hope no one has any kind of real expections of something happening with this. I mean like it or not, at some point it's time for people to comes to terms with the fact that new localizations on PSP are just not viable anymore. We'd be in the exact same situation in 2018 as we are now if they announced Zero for then and they had brought out 3rd and told people that once again it was the final release they were doing for the system.

Ouch lol. I dunno I really like this dedicated thread because there's way less vitriol present and can discuss smaller topics that aren't thread worthy.

I really hope no one has any kind of real expections of something happening with this. I mean like it or not, at some point it's time for people to comes to terms with the fact that new localizations on PSP are just not viable anymore. We'd be in the exact same situation in 2018 as we are now if they announced Zero for then and they had brought out 3rd and told people that once again it was the final release they were doing for the system.

There's nothing wrong with hoping.

I shouldn't expect any Vita announcements from GDC, right?

I doubt there will be any new game announcements. There will be the world premiere of the Zero Time Dilemma trailer, and Severed will be playable at the event. We might get more firm release dates for both.

Other than those two games, I'm not expecting much for the vita.

Fady K

* Caligula - In addition to the gameplay video posted by Kresnik, here are some screens for this interesting looking JRPG:
Caligula_2016_03-11-16_001.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_002.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_005.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_006.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_010.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_014.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_011.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_013.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_015.jpg

Caligula_2016_03-11-16_017.jpg

* The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 releases this fall for the Vita. Enjoy these debut screens from the English version:
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-II_2016_03-11-16_009.jpg_600.jpg

LoH-ToCS2-This-Fall.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-II_2016_03-11-16_002.jpg_600.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-II_2016_03-11-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-II_2016_03-11-16_007.jpg_600.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-II_2016_03-11-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

* MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies has a release date! April 26th in North America and April 29th in Europe - physically as well.
MegaTagmension-April-West.jpg

bea4cf004602c803324731481501004d201602250124_thumb.png

bea4cf004602c803324731481501004d201602240296_thumb.png

* Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - some footage of the new fighters in the game for those interested.
DBFCI-Gameplay_03-12-16.jpg

* Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates - debut gameplay footage.
Seven-Pirates_DGF-Stream_03-12-16_001.jpg

* Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter - Teaser trailer from Compile Hearts X Dengeki Bunko X Dengeki Playstation collaboration, a 3D dungeon RPG.
Kangokutou-Mary-Skelter-Ann.jpg

* Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - new trailer! Game is releasing worldwide this fall.
SAO-HR-Fall-2016-Japan.jpg

* Rose & the Old Castle of Twilight - new trailer from NIS's new good looking game!
Rose-Old-Castle-Twilight-PV2.jpg

l6sgBBH.jpg

* Exist Archive is getting Star Ocean 5 costumes ^^ Hoping we get this game in English.
Exist-Archive-SO5-Costumes-Free.jpg

* Soul Saga - it lives! Here's a new screenshot:
Cddz_TCVIAEwGYD.jpg

A healthy amount of Vita games expected this week too!!

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Zl2JClq.jpg

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
25592972781_102e66b53c.jpg

Murasaki Mist: Akara's Journey
25659473706_77c7bdf5bd.jpg

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
Y3hueuN.jpg

Hey, don't be so hard on them. they have made some of my favorite PSP titles. What did I do to deserve this, My Lord for instance, I'm still waiting for its Vita followup. Real followup, no a match 3 clone.

Hey, I wouldn't say it's my favourite Vita title, but Shinobido 2 was really solid. Sadly Aegis of Earth isn't an action game so won't have that Acquire jank that I enjoy :p

P.S. Nice update Fady!

Top Bottom