• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

chunk3rvd

Sorry for the OT question but I can't find a general Vita OT to ask in - I'm getting a Vita for my birthday in a few weeks. It's my first Sony handheld and I'm quite excited to play the library of PS+ games I've built up over the years and some vita exclusives. I plan on getting a 64GB memory card but it comes with an 8GB in the box. My question is, if I start using the 8GB straight away can I transfer stuff over to the 64GB card once I get one? Can I transfer the saves at least and redownload my games? Or am I best just getting the 64GB ASAP?

Kijof_San

Sorry for the OT question but I can't find a general Vita OT to ask in - I'm getting a Vita for my birthday in a few weeks. It's my first Sony handheld and I'm quite excited to play the library of PS+ games I've built up over the years and some vita exclusives. I plan on getting a 64GB memory card but it comes with an 8GB in the box. My question is, if I start using the 8GB straight away can I transfer stuff over to the 64GB card once I get one? Can I transfer the saves at least and redownload my games? Or am I best just getting the 64GB ASAP?

Yes. And yes. You can do a full backup on your PC and transfer the contents to the new card.

Do you think there's any chance of Kantai collection kancolle, making it to the west or is it guaranteed to stay in Japan?

I've always wondered about this. NISA and Kadokawa are chummy, so possibly I guess?

Though I'd say it had more of a chance if it had made its original release date.

Fady K

* ClaDun Sengoku - New Trailer
ClaDun-Sengoku-PV_03-08-16.jpg

* Day of the Tentacle Remastered is coming VERY SOON - March 22nd!! Adventure gamers - keep an eye out for this classic!! Pre-order for a small discount (at least on the NA store).
DotTR-Dated-March-22.jpg

* Hatsune Miku Diva X - New trailer, enjoy!
HMPDX-9th-Songs-PV.jpg

* Zero Time Dilemma - the sequel to one of the very best Vita games EVER (Virtue's Last Reward) is coming soon and finally, we have a few screens to look at.
Zero-Time-Dilemma_Fami-shot_03-09-16_002-600x338.jpg

Zero-Time-Dilemma_Fami-shot_03-09-16_003-600x338.jpg

Zero-Time-Dilemma_Fami-shot_03-09-16_004-600x338.jpg

Zero-Time-Dilemma_Fami-shot_03-09-16_001.jpg

* Summon Night 6: Lost Borders - English trophies have popped up! Is there hope for a localization. I think so :)
SN6-Trophies-Eng-Surface.jpg

* Coven & Labyrinth of Refrain - we finally have a full trailer for Nippon Ichi's upcoming dungeon RPG and it's looking quite nice! Out in Japan on June 23rd.
cnCmGuK.jpg

Coven-Labyrinth-Refrain-PV_03-10-16.jpg

* Skullgirls 2nd Encore should be hitting soon. It got approved by Sony Japan for the Vita and now the devs are waiting for approval from Sony US & EU.
BymjsmO.jpg

* Fallen Legion - Here are some screenshots from the upcoming Vita action RPG. Due for release this summer.
fIjfIzhl.jpg

fallen-legion-ps-vita-20160310-002.jpg

fallen-legion-ps-vita-20160310-004.jpg

fallen-legion-ps-vita-20160310-003.jpg

IS THIS CHANCE, OR IS THIS FATE
Y K?

Amazing stuff.

Thanks a bunch my awesome friend ;D

I don't think this is coming anytime soon. They said "later this year" and said nothing since then. It's either coming around summer or they have scrapped its release altogether.

Hey bud. It's so strange how long this is taking 2K to release...I'll remove it from the coming soon section for now to avoid confusion.

Ah yes, the good old lost potential. Tbh I don't really want more AAA because the majority of them didn't work well on Vita for me (i.e. I thought Killzone did, but Uncharted definitely didn't).

However, I'd have loved more AA games that aren't from Japan. Just the mid-tier stuff that's barely still alive in gaming these days.

I see what you mean...though I personally LOVED Uncharted on the Vita (gimmicky as it was with touch controls). Unfortunately I got bitten by the AC Liberation bug!!! I bumped into a game breaking bug where the game keeps loading my file forever. I fear I may have to restart the game. Shockingly Ubisoft's patch meant to address the bugs didn't help :(

Thanks man, that's sweet. :) Yeah, we notch up some serious Vita time in the small hours when I should be asleep and my little 'assistant' decides that sleep is for other people :D

You're most welcome man :) Hahaha!! Honestly, the Vita is such a great choice for bedtime :D My wife herself recently beat a famous mystery game on her tablet called "The Room 3", all good fun :)

Well there we are certainly in agreement. I did feel like I had to marathon Uncharted, while with Persona I could play it for a 20 minutes and put it down very easily. It's a tough balance to strike on a handheld I suppose. Back to Fady's point, I think AC:Liberation did a pretty good job of finding that balance. Do a quick 5-15 minute mission, take a break. 5 minutes to manage your ships, take another break. I think if they had decided to make a tie-in for Assassin's Creed 4, we would've seen a near perfect portable AC game.

Indeed Jon, I feel AC Liberation is tailor-made for the Vita. It's a damn shame that the game is loaded with bugs, including the game breaking bug I experienced yesterday :( Bugs remain a major problem with Ubisoft titles on handhelds and consoles alike.

Salt & Sanctuary has a PS4 release date (next Tuesday!) but the Vita version is delayed. Any word on when that will hit?

Is this Tom?? I love your Vita passion :D No date yet unfortunately though it will be cross buy

FUCK Vita games are pretty

Suck a dick 3DS

Nintendo better deliver a better version of Vita with NX since Sony wont be bothered to do it

Right now, Severed is probably my most anticipated Vita Game. It looks great, uses the touch screen nicely, and the devs have great pedigree. I cannot think of a game that I want more. I just wish they would iron out the release date, but it does appear to be launching soon.

cj_iwakura

Has anyone noticed that PSP games have MUCH better audio quality on the Vita than Vita games? Summon Night 5 is loud as heck, I can barely hear Sine Mora. (A work environment, but still.)

incpdo

Has anyone noticed that PSP games have MUCH better audio quality on the Vita than Vita games? Summon Night 5 is loud as heck, I can barely hear Sine Mora. (A work environment, but still.)

better audio quality maybe in some games , i mean the audio on games like asphalt, wipeout 2048 or the motorstorm RC is great and there is off course more games that share great audio , but what i notice is the vita has maybe lower volume than the psp.

I feel like my Vita is a lot quieter than it used to be in general, but maybe I hadn't noticed that it was only Vita games.

Clive

Not applicable to Sine Mora but I think PSP games in general had more space for audio since a UMD was always ~1.8 GB and games were smaller in general. With Vita cartridges, bigger sizes cost extra and it's sometimes not even possible.

People should buy Sine Mora btw. Nice game with spectacular graphics for a Vita game. The trophies are damn hard though. The publisher's web site is also down so I wouldn't be surprised if the game is taken down from PSN at any time if they no longer exist.

cj_iwakura

Not applicable to Sine Mora but I think PSP games in general had more space for audio since a UMD was always ~1.8 GB and games were smaller in general. With Vita cartridges, bigger sizes cost extra and it's sometimes not even possible.

People should buy Sine Mora btw. Nice game with spectacular graphics for a Vita game. The trophies are damn hard though. The publisher's web site is also down so I wouldn't be surprised if the game is taken down from PSN at any time if they no longer exist.

Sine Mora is still part of the GHM site and lineup. I think it'll be fine.

Shinriji

better audio quality maybe in some games , i mean the audio on games like asphalt, wipeout 2048 or the motorstorm RC is great and there is off course more games that share great audio , but what i notice is the vita has maybe lower volume than the psp.

PSP games are definetly louder than Vita games. Most often than not, I have to lower the volume when playing PSP games on headphones.

I've always wondered about this. NISA and Kadokawa are chummy, so possibly I guess?

Though I'd say it had more of a chance if it had made its original release date.

I see. It seems like a game that could fill the hole destiny of spirits left behind. It's not free to play though, is it?

Clive

Sine Mora is still part of the GHM site and lineup. I think it'll be fine.

Digital Reality is the only company mentioned on the North American Sine Mora PSN page. To me this suggests that they are the sole owners of the property because licensed products tend to mention that they are just that. Don't think GMH has much to do with the title apart from developing certain assets.

A little further googling leads me to Digital Reality being owned by the Docler Holding Group that very much still seems to exist though so perhaps the game is safe for this reason on the other hand

Either way, the game is solid, 10 bucks and we can't be 100% certain about its future.

Drangleic

Neo Member
Hey guys ! Great great topic for vita fans. Do you have any ideas about a risk of rain official release date ? Apart from soon enough ;)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Hey guys ! Great great topic for vita fans. Do you have any ideas about a risk of rain official release date ? Apart from soon enough ;)

In case you missed it there's the monthly PSN thread that's basically Vitagaf, it's in the community section ;)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195867

18-Volt

XSEED just announced that Cold Steel II will be released this fall. So where are the other XSEED stuff? Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Tokyo Xanadu? They wouldn't cram all of those Vita games in 3 months of fall 2016? I mean Luminous Arc got a Best Version in Japan and we're still waiting for a western localization.

I hope that XSEED hasn't sacrificed other stuff just to bring Trails in the Sky Third Chapter. That game is huge and requires too much time and effort.

XSEED just announced that Cold Steel II will be released this fall. So where are the other XSEED stuff? Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Tokyo Xanadu? They wouldn't cram all of those Vita games in 3 months of fall 2016? I mean Luminous Arc got a Best Version in Japan and we're still waiting for a western localization.

I hope that XSEED hasn't sacrificed other stuff just to bring Trails in the Sky Third Chapter. That game is huge and requires too much time and effort.

From what I understand, that game has a lot less text than its' predecessors, so here's hoping it doesn't take too much time. I am still waiting for them to localize stuff like Tokyo Xanadu, Net High and most recently Calligula, but we'll just have to wait it looks like.

At least Cold Steel II is coming soon, and that's becoming one of my most looked forward to games.

Caligula sounds so good, I really hope they show some gameplay on the stream on Sunday :)

And it would be sad if Net High stayed JP exclusive IMO.

From what I've seen from YT, Tokyo Xanadu seems a little repetitious/shallow but if the story is good I would love to play it.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
is it worth playing trails in the sky after trails of cold steel?

i'm playing cold steel first because i was able to find a physical copy to buy, and thought it would take long to go on sale.

Fdkn

is it worth playing trails in the sky after trails of cold steel?

i'm playing cold steel first because i was able to find a physical copy to buy, and thought it would take long to go on sale.

Every game in the series is worth playing, do it. You'll see some people that you already know from CS, but the story is still in another country so you will get lots of surprises.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Indeed Jon, I feel AC Liberation is tailor-made for the Vita. It's a damn shame that the game is loaded with bugs, including the game breaking bug I experienced yesterday :( Bugs remain a major problem with Ubisoft titles on handhelds and consoles alike.

Yeah, there are plenty of bugs. The worst one I found was when I fell through a building and got stuck inside it. Had to reload the game, which sucked since I hadn't bothered saving progress for a while.

Man, there are so many great games coming to Vita this year. My wallet is going to take a serious hit, as well as my free time.

There use to be a couple of developers monitoring this thread, right?

So, does anyone know if it's possible for the developers to add new Vita remoteplay control schemes post launch or if this is something completely in the hands of Sony?

Edit:I'm asking because Rebel Galaxy could have been perfect for remoteplay, but unfortunately it's kinda impossible to play as it is now (everything is mapped to the front touchscreen), unless you are a confident Monster hunter-claw player)

Haha, you need to cool down with this. Last year they had a big E3 blowout where they announced a load of stuff for the latter half of the year, including a lot of stuff which had released mid-to-late in 2014 (Corpse Party; EDF; Senran Kagura).

If they're interested in the games, they'll be coming whenever they can get round to them. The bigger worry is whether anyone from XSEED is actually picking up the titles you're interested in, because from the sounds of how things work there you'd better hope there's a cheerleader of that franchise on the team otherwise they won't come (i.e. no Luminous Arc Infinity; I wouldn't hold out hope for the new Fate/Extra if that's announced on Monday either).

18-Volt

Haha, you need to cool down with this. Last year they had a big E3 blowout where they announced a load of stuff for the latter half of the year, including a lot of stuff which had released mid-to-late in 2014 (Corpse Party; EDF; Senran Kagura).

If they're interested in the games, they'll be coming whenever they can get round to them. The bigger worry is whether anyone from XSEED is actually picking up the titles you're interested in, because from the sounds of how things work there you'd better hope there's a cheerleader of that franchise on the team otherwise they won't come (i.e. no Luminous Arc Infinity; I wouldn't hold out hope for the new Fate/Extra if that's announced on Monday either).

I'm hoping that that's the case. Although I haven't given up on Luminous Arc, if it's really coming, XSEED would announce a release for Summer anytime now. Come on XSEED, bless us with SRPG goodness!

If that new Fate game PS4/Vita title, it would increase its chances and we even might see it earlier. After lackluster preorders for Uppers I'm pretty sure it will be a PS4/Vita title. Or 3DS? Monday can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom