• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Aegis isn't out in EU for a while, but I have a cheap pre-order. Willing to give it a shot.

It's apparently Tower Defense x Waifus. Can't be that bad

Well I'm a fan of both those things so I'm less nervous about the game now lol.

Btw was Hollow Realization already confirmed to be localized?

Yasumi

Banned
This probably also means no DQ Builders, World of FF, DQ Heroes 2 Vita versions in west. Good going Square, are you actually want me to quit my job to play these?
Good god.
jump-to-conclusions.jpg

The Vita version of World of FF was announced at E3, I doubt they'd go back on it at this point. Dragon Quest Builders has the Minecraft audience, which sold gangbusters on Vita, and DQ Heroes 2 is Koei Tecmo, who's games do about as well across all platforms.

18-Volt

World of Final Fantasy was announced for Vita in the west so that one should happen for sure

The Vita version of World of FF was announced at E3, I doubt they'd go back on it at this point. Dragon Quest Builders has the Minecraft audience, which sold gangbusters on Vita, and DQ Heroes 2 is Koei Tecmo, who's games do about as well across all platforms.

Here's some interesting info: Many retailers are increasing Vita preorders of World of FF to 60 dollars for no reason. Yeah I may be jumping on some conclusions here, but that really got me a little worried, thinking if they're slowly converting Vita preorders to PS4? Now, after Gamestop's actions and I Am Setsuna's no Vita version, I am really worried. I expect the worst.

Man, this is PSP in 2012 all over again.

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't 100% expect either of the 2016 PlayStation DQ spinoffs to leave Japan. Heroes didn't so hot. Even if we get its sequel, it's not like we haven't seen KT developed games skip Vita in the west.

I wouldn't 100% expect either of the 2016 PlayStation DQ spinoffs to leave Japan. Heroes didn't so hot. Even if we get its sequel, it's not like we haven't seen KT developed games skip Vita in the west.

Agreed. I expect nothing from SE. I'm also not really sure DQB can get the Minecraft audience in the west.

After DQ VII and VIII "underperform" on 3DS once again DQ might just be dead again in the west :)

Yea they might just announce DQHII for PC and PS4 directly and for builders just not localize it? I don't know.

18-Volt

KT said on twitter that DQH2 western release is not their call, Square decides that. Just like Namco brought just PS3 versions of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and Gundam Warriors 4. I wouldn't be surprised if Square does a PS4 + Steam combo for DQH2 in west.

My theory of Steam killing Vita in west might be true after all.

Well, and I thought I was the downer usually in these threads!

I'm confident WoFF will still come. And I'll still buy for Vita if it does :)

Not been a great few months for the console though, admittedly. Not the best time to get this #buildingthelist campaign going either really :(

Not been a great few months for the console though, admittedly. Not the best time to get this #buildingthelist campaign going either really :(

I'm just realistic with regards to SE. Thankfully, I don't care too much about their output. Really no idea what World of FF is even supposed to be tbh.

I'll get Setsuna on PS4, but aside from that the only game i'm really looking forward to is SO5. KH3 as well I guess but I really don't know anything about that yet.

EDIT: Also Adventures of Mana ;_;

Cornbread78

Half expecting the western release of the Vita version of World of FF to be cancelled.

Same here. I don't really see why SE would release it at this point. We'll see.

I went to pay off my pre-order at GS the other night and the price jumped from $39.99 to $59.99. It still said Vita, but I have a feeling they are gong to change t to the PS4 version, there is no way they would charge the $59.99 for a Vita game, and if so, I'd just cancel the pre-order.

I went to pay off my pre-order at GS the other night and the price jumped from $39.99 to $59.99. It still said Vita, but I have a feeling they are gong to change t to the PS4 version, there is no way they would charge the $59.99 for a Vita game, and if so, I'd just cancel the pre-order.

From the very start the game was listed as 49,99€ on amazon.de (10€ more than normal). Maybe they're just experimenting with pricing? no idea

Cornbread78

From the very start the game was listed as 49,99€ on amazon.de (10€ more than normal). Maybe they're just experimenting with pricing? no idea

It was just weird for GS to adjust the price with no warning, I was really looking forward to WoFF as the art style and set-up looked really good.....

Nkekev

Neo Member
#NoVitaNoBuy
Well, sad for Setsuna, not buying. I hate Steam, I hate digital copies, and I don't want it on PS4. Square Enix keeps disappointing people. I invite everyone to say them on Twitter.

Setsuna isn't coming to Vita in the west, but Steam instead. Digital only on PS4 as well

http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

ok

SE seems to have this weird misconception that this is some kind of super hit people are going to buy in masses.

I'm only interested in playing games like this on handheld , my ps4/pc gaming time is too limited for that.

And since I believe in the principle of equivalent exchange I won't have much problems waiting few months to buy SO5 and FF XV used.

Why don't we talk a little about games that are coming instead of the ones that might not. I'm really looking forward to be playing Trillion and metropolis defenders (Aegis something) seems interesting :)

Clive

Why don't we talk a little about games that are coming instead of the ones that might not. I'm really looking forward to be playing Trillion and metropolis defenders (Aegis something) seems interesting :)

Not getting either of those but I'm actually pretty optimistic about the Vita's year. Axiom Verge, Cosmic Star Heroine and Salt & Sanctuary all look like A-class indies that I'm dying to play. We also have a big bundle of games from Bamco in God Eater Resurection, GE Rage Burst, Gundam EXVF, Gundam Breaker 3, and Sword Art Online. Then we have Zero Time Dilemma and Shiren 5 Plus from Aksys, Stranger in Sword City and Yomawari from NISA and Odin Sphere from Atlus.

Xseed hopefully has something good for us this year as well and their plans aren't official yet.

Oh, and a ton of indies. Some of which will be pleasant surprises I'm sure. It isn't all bad for the Vita.

Edit: and hey, a game in one of the world's most popular franchises, Assassin's Creed. From a western AAA-publisher nonetheless.

Yea good idea. I'm in two minds about Aegis tbh. Trillion I'm not getting. I think I'm done with IFI games for now. Defo interested in whatever XSEED has planned. I gotta finish my cold steel replay and estival versus as well.

Out of the indie games, Cosmic Star Heroine is the one I'm hyped for the most. They give backers proper updates and also Robert Boyd's tweets about how they keep improving the Vita one after having it run like ass initially to nearly 55-60 fps. Also the music <3

duckroll

Oh okay. I think it's probably because they only published them in Japan or something. So people didn't really notice, since Imageepoch did a lot marketing themselves too.

RIP Imageepoch.

redcrayon

Good idea. :) What I'm looking forward to this year:

Cosmic Star Heroine
Salt & Sanctuary
Darkest Dungeon
God Wars (an SRPG)
Odin Sphere
Grand Kingdom
Stranger of Sword City
Trails of Cold Steel 2
God Eater Resurrection/ GE2
Maybe Ray Gigant.

That's more than enough for me. 2017 looks good with Ys VIII and Bloodstained too, but I think the one with the most potential for me at the moment is Toukiden 2. An open-world hunting game, the original had a lot of potential and just needed to take a couple more steps out of MonHun's Deviljho-sized shadow, hopefully this is it!

It's unfortunate about Setsuna, I was looking forward to that, but there's still loads of great stuff coming out. Grand Kingdom looks like it could be a bit special too.

Setsuna isn't coming to Vita in the west, but Steam instead. Digital only on PS4 as well

http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

ok

Can the marginal cost of the Vita version be so prohibitively high? I mean, the "bulk" of the localization is happening regardless since the game is coming west on PS4 and Steam. Can getting the translation working on the Vita cost that much? I can't see it costing more than $500k (I feel its south of that). Even if it did cost $500k, selling 20k digital copies on the Vita seems doable and eeks out a small profit.

Any idea how well Digimon did on Vita as a comparison?

I don't get it. Fine the Vita isn't a dominant system in the west but a good chunk of the localization is done for it by virtue of releasing on the PS4 and Steam.

Top Bottom