• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Why don't we talk a little about games that are coming instead of the ones that might not. I'm really looking forward to be playing Trillion and metropolis defenders (Aegis something) seems interesting :)

Fair enough.

Looking forward to:

- Aegis of Earth
- Attack on Titan
- Attractio
- Banner Saga
- Drifter
- Drift Stage
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Force
- Paranautical Activity
- Severed
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Trillion God of Destruction
- Yomawari: Night Alone

And Tokyo Xanadu/XCOM if those two turn out to be true. Will probably pick up AC Chronicles around launch. I would be anticipating Civ Rev 2 Plus, but I already picked up the Asian-English version :p

Could just do with a little more western flair in there, but maybe I'll manage to get this #buildingthelist thing going (I'm actually really enamored with the idea of trying to get KOTOR on Vita at the moment).

Takao

Banned
Can the marginal cost of the Vita version be so prohibitively high? I mean, the "bulk" of the localization is happening regardless since the game is coming west on PS4 and Steam. Can getting the translation working on the Vita cost that much? I can't see it costing more than $500k (I feel its south of that). Even if it did cost $500k, selling 20k digital copies on the Vita seems doable and eeks out a small profit.

Any idea how well Digimon did on Vita as a comparison?

I don't get it. Fine the Vita isn't a dominant system in the west but a good chunk of the localization is done for it by virtue of releasing on the PS4 and Steam.

The cost of getting a programmer to insert the already existing English translation, plus going through Sony cert is probably closer to 1% of that. Might be even less.

maouvin

Finally, some Toukiden 2 news! But it's nothing more than 2 new characters, 1 new weapon and 1 new oni. I wanna know about how this open-world thing works actually. Still, this is my most anticipated Vita title and can't wait for it to come out in west.

Japan is having a Toukiden 2 event on the 26th, so we're surely getting some more info - as well as gameplay impressions, I hope - by then :)

New girl seems is waifu material.

duckroll

Can the marginal cost of the Vita version be so prohibitively high? I mean, the "bulk" of the localization is happening regardless since the game is coming west on PS4 and Steam. Can getting the translation working on the Vita cost that much? I can't see it costing more than $500k (I feel its south of that). Even if it did cost $500k, selling 20k digital copies on the Vita seems doable and eeks out a small profit.

It's clearly not just about profit, it's also about what platforms the publisher wants to support and what sort of message they're sending to their fans. Square Enix does not see the Vita as a platform they want to continue supporting outside of Japan, and they want to move their fans off that platform asap. By making their games available on other platforms and not bothering with Vita releases, they're just steering fans who are interested in these games away from the Vita and telling them not to expect games from them on the Vita in the future.

Pretty easy to understand.

Any idea how well Digimon did on Vita as a comparison?

I don't get it. Fine the Vita isn't a dominant system in the west but a good chunk of the localization is done for it by virtue of releasing on the PS4 and Steam.

We're talking niche as hell release here, not AAA clusterfuck in terms of what needs to be done to get it in a dozen regions. If localizing a port of a game like this cost even close to that amount, companies like Xseed or Nisa would never touch anything due to the very real possibility that a single bomb of that cost could put them out of business.

There is no doubt that the cost is actually irrelevant here and they'd make localization costs back in spades just for being a Square title and selling on that alone. The problem lies in their lack of ability to judge any kind of market when it comes to their releases in the West, I'm sure the quality of the Vita port is probably on the list of issues as well. Then again you kinda need to be in the market in the first place to even judge how things are going, something that they never made any attempt to do on Vita here in the West.

Shizuka

It's clearly not just about profit, it's also about what platforms the publisher wants to support and what sort of message they're sending to their fans. Square Enix does not see the Vita as a platform they want to continue supporting outside of Japan, and they want to move their fans off that platform asap. By making their games available on other platforms and not bothering with Vita releases, they're just steering fans who are interested in these games away from the Vita and telling them not to expect games from them on the Vita in the future.

Pretty easy to understand.

Yes, cancel World of FF already, Square-Enix!

My copy of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus arrived today and I played it for a bit. It's definitely noticeable that the game was developed for PS4 first, as there's more lag than in Shinovi Versus, but it's perfectly playable and the visuals are pretty nice.

The Steins;Gate LE I ordered from Rice a few days ago also arrived today, looking forward to finally playing it.

Or at least they're trying to steer people towards buying the more expensive and (from what I understand) cheaper to manufacture PS4 version.

Idk about "more expensive" when someone keeps telling more and more retailers to raise the Vita price to $60 to match PS4. Also if the few pennies they save manufacturing a PS4 copy over a Vita copy is really something that would cause them to rethink things, I'd question how they get anything done if money were that much of an issue.

Why don't we talk a little about games that are coming instead of the ones that might not. I'm really looking forward to be playing Trillion and metropolis defenders (Aegis something) seems interesting :)

In terms of games that are supposed to release this year, I'm looking forward to:

- Read Only Memories DX
- Severed
- Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Trillion: God of Destruction
- VA-11 HALL-A
- Yomawari: Night Alone
- Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (currently my most anticipated game across all platforms)

Like you, I'm also looking forward to Trillion. It's the first Compile Heart game I've been super interested in, and I'm hoping it turns out well. Importers seemed to like it, so I'm optimistic about it.

There are some other games I'm looking forward to that are multiplat, but I'll be playing them on other platforms (like HLD).

While neither are confirmed, I would love to get Tokyo Xanadu and especially Net High. I'm also highly anticipating New Danganronpa V3: Everyone's New Semester of Killing, but that's not coming until 2017.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Does anyone remember last month when Square Europe asked us if we wanted Adventures of Mana to come west on the Vita? I know a crap-ton of people were incredibly enthusiastic about the idea and let them know that we absolutely wanted it to come west. Not a word from them since then about that possibility. I think they are aware of the western Vita audience's passion for their games, they just don't seem to care about us. Why they don't care, I have no idea - there could be a lot of reasons. All I know is that it really sucks that we're missing out on games that look like the perfect fit for Vita. Makes me want to learn Japanese so I can play some of these damn games.

On a much more positive note, as others have mentioned, so many good games are coming to Vita this year. Really hoping we get to play Drifter this year.

Does anyone remember last month when Square Europe asked us if we wanted Adventures of Mana to come west on the Vita? I know a crap-ton of people were incredibly enthusiastic about the idea and let them know that we absolutely wanted it to come west. Not a word from them since then about that possibility. I think they are aware of the western Vita audience's passion for their games, they just don't seem to care about us. Why they don't care, I have no idea - there could be a lot of reasons. All I know is that it really sucks that we're missing out on games that look like the perfect fit for Vita. Makes me want to learn Japanese so I can play some of these damn games.

On a much more positive note, as others have mentioned, so many good games are coming to Vita this year. Really hoping we get to play Drifter this year.
Yeah if we don't hear something about AoM soon I consider it dead :( I was really happy about their response but it has been pretty silent after that

Hmm can't find much about Murasaki Mist. Anyone planning to get it? The art style looks really cool but I just dropped over $100 on Vita games today so I'm hesitant on buying it cold. Also it's only $10 which is a bit worrisome.

Powwa

I mean in the end I'll probably end up buying Setsuna on a sale from Steam or PSN but I really prefer a game like this on handheld.

If Square is trying to steer people away from Vita, they should stop developing Vita games all together (Vita won't be relevant in a year or two anyways). The game is already developed for Vita and translation is there. This decision is just morbid to me.

Not the best shots, but my neon orange Vita arrived. I love it.

CdrBn9SUsAA4vzX.jpg:orig
CdrBpgTUIAAI4FB.jpg:orig

I lost access to my PlayStation Mobile games during the switch, but ooooh well.

duckroll

Is Day of the Tentacle still coming to Vita? I'm only finding the PS4 version on the US Playstation store.

My understanding is they don't do preorders/preloads on PSN for Vita games, only PS4. So it's not up yet for Vita. If you buy the PS4 version though, since it's crossbuy the Vita version should be available on the release day.

gpn

My understanding is they don't do preorders/preloads on PSN for Vita games, only PS4. So it's not up yet for Vita. If you buy the PS4 version though, since it's crossbuy the Vita version should be available on the release day.

Thanks! I want to make sure I get the preorder discount.

I can't wait to play this game again. I believe this was the game I had to finally break down and get a PC to play it on since it was the first of the Lucasarts adventure games to not be released on the Amiga.

Shinriji

The funcionality is there. In the US store, I think that they did it once when the first OlliOlli released.

JP store do preorders and preloading all the time, though. They even put a reminder on the calendar app when the game is unlocked.

Top Bottom