• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Saphirax

...just wait until you try to simply move your Overlord in this game. It’s a rigid, clumsy system where mistakes are harshly punished — and all-too-easy to make.

Uh-huh. I'm going to treat the reviews for Trillion the same way I treat reviews for drpgs - by not even bothering. People who have no idea about the mechanics or the genre really shouldn't be writing reviews about it. Reading them is just an exercise in frustration.

Edit: that quote was literally before this
it’s just so hard to enjoy the combat when it’s been executed in a way that makes Compile Heart’s Neptunia games look like Dark Souls by comparison.

Uh-huh. I'm going to treat the reviews for Trillion the same way I treat reviews for drpgs - by not even bothering. People who have no idea about the mechanics or the genre really shouldn't be writing reviews about it. Reading them is just an exercise in frustration
Looking over the review, those were comments and complaints that some importers had about the game. Particularly the bit you quoted, lol. Maybe the score is a bit harsh, but that particular review doesn't seem that bad.

Doesn't really bother me, I'm still looking forward to the game. I'm going in expecting a flawed, but fun experience.

Saphirax

Looking over the review, those were comments and complaints that some importers had about the game. Particularly the bit you quoted, lol. Maybe the score is a bit harsh, but that particular review doesn't seem that bad.

Doesn't really bother me, I'm still looking forward to the game. I'm going in expecting a flawed, but fun experience.

The other review does a much better job of explaining things. This one reads like the author just isn't a fan of the genre (and reading :p). I thought he'd be more receptive to difficult games since he name dropped Dark Souls, but that wasn't the case.

The other review does a much better job of explaining things. This one reads like the author just isn't a fan of the genre (and reading :p). I thought he'd be more receptive to difficult games since he name dropped Dark Souls, but that wasn't the case.

Looking over those reviews now, and I agree that they are better (or at least more in line with my personal expectations). I guess reviews for niche game like Trillion just don't really bother me. I go in expecting harsh treatments.

joe2187

Banned
Besides Axiom verge, what were the other late Vita ports that we have yet to hear any word from yet?

-Banner Saga
-Volgarr the viking
-Assault Android cactus
-Night Cry
-Darkest Dungeon
-Pier Solar
-Papers Please
-Yattagerasu
-Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities - Director's Cut

I know theres a few more Im missing, but these were promised Vita ports and have yet to hear a single word about it.

Besides Axiom verge, what were the other late Vita ports that we have yet to hear any word from yet?

-Banner Saga
-Volgarr the viking
-Assault Android cactus
-Night Cry
-Darkest Dungeon
-Pier Solar
-Papers Please
-Yattagerasu

I know theres a few more Im missing, but these were promised Vita ports and have yet to hear a single word about it.

Lol we need a Vita Watchdog to keep these devs on top of this shit

I think there are a few VN like Muv Luv with editors that promised a vita port in their kickstarter campaigns. Last time I saw a news about it they were still waiting for Sony's approval or something.

joe2187

Banned
I think there are a few VN like Muv Luv with editors that promised a vita port in their kickstarter campaigns. Last time I saw a news about it they were still waiting for Sony's approval or something.

I found a few more

-Read Only Memories
-VA-11-HALLA
-World of FInal Fantasy
-Slain
-Risk of Rain
-Action Henk
-Chroma Squad
-Heart Forth, Alicia
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Mercenary Kings
-Broforce

Pretty sure the last two were just outright canned.

Shizuka

I found a few more

-Read Only Memories
-VA-11-HALLA
-World of FInal Fantasy
-Slain
-Risk of Rain
-Action Henk
-Chroma Squad
-Heart Forth, Alicia
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Mercenary Kings
-Broforce

Pretty sure the last two were just outright canned.

Mercenary Kings was reconfirmed a few weeks ago and Broforce was indeed cancelled.

Takao

Banned
A few of those aren't late ports [yet]. World of Final Fantasy isn't one, though whether or not SE cancels its western Vita release has yet to be seen.

Broforce was cancelled. Given the problems the PS4 version has, the Vita version would probably be in pieces. Action Henk is probably going to get cancelled.

AFAIK Mercenary Kings is still coming.

Olengie

I gave up on Grisaia, I'm happy I didn't fall for the Kickstarter hype

The more important question is what happened to Ray Gigant? ;)

Sekai Project had a stream last week where they revealed:
*Vita won't be the only thing.
*Had a meeting with Limited Run Games. It was interesting and turned out better than expected. LRG team up inevitable.
*I think they're down to do Physical. They revealed Sekai Project is one of the most requested companies for LRG.
*Talked with Sony
*Won't do anything until everything is perfect (Grisaia). Need to contact the Original Developer.
*Saving some announcements for later
*They're so close they can taste it, which is a reference to the realization of Fruits of Grisaia on Vita I believe. Or just Vita stuff in general.

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't expect those ports to be great given the last part of this. Go in expecting the worst: longer load times than the Japanese releases (since they're making their own ports instead of licensing the originals), overly compressed audio, 0 touch controls and a minuscule font size. That way if they only have a few faults they're above expectations.

Shizuka

I wouldn't expect those ports to be great given the last part of this. Go in expecting the worst: longer load times than the Japanese releases (since they're making their own ports instead of licensing the originals), overly compressed audio, 0 touch controls and a minuscule font size. That way if they only have a few faults they're above expectations.

I don't get the connection between what you said and what you linked.

Takao

Banned
I don't get the connection between what you said and what you linked.

I'm making an overly cynical assumption that their ports are leading development on PS4 (a platform that was never part of their crowdfunding campaigns - nor one that seems like a great place for VNs) and that the Vita ports are going to just be whatever Unity (the engine their ports are being made in) automatically poops out. So unoptimized messes.

As far as Trillion goes, Blue Maxima seems to really like it, which is funny because it's rare that he seems to actually thoroughly enjoy a game that isn't arcadey. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when the game shows up at my door.

Shizuka

I'm making an overly cynical assumption that their ports are leading development on PS4 (a platform that was never part of their crowdfunding campaigns - nor one that seems like a great place for VNs) and that the Vita ports are going to just be whatever Unity (the engine their ports are being made in) automatically poops out. So unoptimized messes.

They've started the Vita porting a few months ago, the PS4 would be the late port in this case.

Takao

Banned
I don't know about that. I want to say I've read comments from them that sort of implied Vita wouldn't be the only PlayStation getting their games for ages. I've certainly had my suspicions that would happen.

Are there any up to date lists available of all English retail releases/upcoming games in other countries that were not/will not be released retail in the US?

-Banner Saga
-Volgarr the viking
-Assault Android cactus
-Night Cry
-Darkest Dungeon
-Pier Solar
-Papers Please
-Yattagerasu

Pier Solar was cancelled too. Devs said Sony didn't give them enough devkits, which was promptly disproven by old pics from their facebook showing off their new devkits way back.

Banner Saga was helped out by Sony after devs tried to silently cancel it due to financial difficulties for the porting team, but it was covered and publicized as a good guy move by Sony back in Jan, so they probably won't reneg and risk being called out for it again.

Assault Android Cactus devs said they still want to do the Vita version because they want it to be on there, but not winning that PS+ vote apparently made it a harder financial proposition.

Moobabe

Pier Solar was cancelled too. Devs said Sony didn't give them enough devkits, which was promptly disproven by old pics from their facebook showing off their new devkits way back.

Banner Saga was helped out by Sony after devs tried to silently cancel it due to financial difficulties for the porting team, but it was covered and publicized as a good guy move by Sony back in Jan, so they probably won't reneg and risk being called out for it again.

Assault Android Cactus devs said they still want to do the Vita version because they want it to be on there, but not winning that PS+ vote apparently made it a harder financial proposition.

Risk of Rain is definitely coming too - they posted about it recently on the PS Blog.

dracula_x

-Banner Saga
-Volgarr the viking
-Assault Android cactus
-Night Cry
-Darkest Dungeon
-Pier Solar
-Papers Please
-Yattagerasu

Also, Towerfall for Vita is still not released in Europe.

gillty

Banned
Anyone buy Civilization yet? I'm curious, but it's $20, which seems a bit steep for what is after all, a mobile port.
I've been playing it for months here in Japan. A mobile port which is an enhanced version of the 360/PS3 games, if enjoyed those games which are admittedly dated in a post Civ5 hex world, you'll enjoy it. Performance is not amazing, but the game holds up.

hawk2025

The Unepic Vita version is surprisingly great so far (a little over an hour in, so all the proper warnings apply).

Runs perfectly, well-adapted to the Vita (with a Zoom feature to adapt for the game's design and other small tweaks), automatic cross-save implementation with the PS4 version, the works.

I'm happy :)

Wow

Lots of excuses when it comes to Vita ports

2016 might be our last good year guys

bobawesome

Well that sucks. Yet another reason to be angry at everyone who voted for the shit-tastic Broforce, I guess.

pdk27

Anyone buy Civilization yet? I'm curious, but it's $20, which seems a bit steep for what is after all, a mobile port.

I have played the PS3 Civ Rev, iOS Civ Rev 1&2, and now this. For me the AI is pretty much the same on all the versions. The same techniques can be used to win. The Vita version looks the same as the iOS version but doesn't run as well. If you have an iPad, I would recommend that version just because of the larger screen real estate. If Vita is your only choice, it's still competent and a good game, just not the best place to experience this game.

I'm expecting some XSEED announcements sooner rather than later, since Marvelous EU has no upcoming games anymore other than Nitroplus in early April. I'm sure they'd like to have some pre-orders up on their store.

18-Volt

I'm expecting some XSEED announcements sooner rather than later, since Marvelous EU has no upcoming games anymore other than Nitroplus in early April. I'm sure they'd like to have some pre-orders up on their store.

Net High and Valkyrie Drive should be next in line. Wishful thinking that both should be out by summer and they can squeeze Uppers in fall lineup, but that doesn't look like it's possible.

Hasn't the Valkyrie Drive producer said that the game is not getting a western release?

I'd expect a Tokyo Xanadu announcement before anything else from XSeed.

Hasn't the Valkyrie Drive producer said that the game is not getting a western release?

He said more than 2 months ago that there are no current plans to release the game over here, which could easily mean just about anything now.

I mean the game only came out in the middle of December in Japan, people are high for continuing to think that localization announcements will only take a month after initial release (should know by now that Xseed doesn't do that). Also why would either Xseed or Marvelous announce Valkyrie Drive for here, before we even got the latest Senran Kagura game? That just seems like a good way to get people to possibly ignore one in favor of the other.

Well I'm specifically expecting Marvelous franchises to be announced, because that's 99% of what Marv EU does. Although I'd have no problem with them bringing other XSEED titles over.

I'm still 50/50 on VD. Not sure if it's coming.

Turnstyle

In case this hasn't already been posted, Lumo is coming to Vita (and PS4) on the 22nd April:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...nture-lumo-arrives-on-ps4-ps-vita-next-month/

26085489656_248b7ae1e2_b.jpg

18-Volt

I think he meant that western release not happening at that moment but he will release it sometime later. His English pretty poor. Marvelous EU then said on twitter they'd be happy to release the game in Europe.

It has English trophy list and it's coming. I mean, there is nothing else other than Net High on their plate right now. There is Tokyo Xanadu but rumor has it Falcom is preparing a PS4 version for a western release, so it might take a while.

I think he meant that western release not happening at that moment but he will release it sometime later. His English pretty poor. Marvelous EU then said on twitter they'd be happy to release the game in Europe.

Marvelous says that about every game because it doesn't cost them anything. They just piggyback off of XSEEDs localization.

Top Bottom