• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Chance

Thanks guys. Yeah, Soul Sacrifice Delta is on my list too. Trails of Cold Steel too. Can I play that before I play the other Trails games?

Also, which Metroidvania games are available / to be released on the system? These are what I know:

Axiom Verge
Unepic
La Mulana
Guacamelee
Batman
Steamworld Dig

Anything else worth mentioning?

Muramasa. Amazing game but it's more Metroidvania lite.

Thanks guys. Yeah, Soul Sacrifice Delta is on my list too. Trails of Cold Steel too. Can I play that before I play the other Trails games?

Also, which Metroidvania games are available / to be released on the system? These are what I know:

Axiom Verge
Unepic
La Mulana
Guacamelee
Batman
Steamworld Dig

Anything else worth mentioning?

Stealth Inc 2

Also get Stealth Inc 1, which isn't a Metroidvania but is the same gameplay and is an amazing, extremely underrated indie game imo.

I hate that Mercenary King's local co-op is 4-way split screen even if you've only got 2 players, and the Monster Hunter-style grind was a bit much for something I just wanted to get a Metal Slug fix from... but I like the actual gameplay and the way it looks. Since I'll only ever be playing solo on Vita and grind + handheld is a better mix and use of time for me, I'm looking forward to it.

I don't think this was posted here the other day, but the Life of Pixel dev's newer game "Best Buds vs Bad Guys" is coming to Vita:

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/2016/03/30/best-buds-vs-bad-guys-coming-soon-to-the-ps-vita/

sss_7b54d98fdee15e5bf4884ba91ab7bc35.jpg

CeeYE8AW8AAjeBl.jpg

Cda8_aDUYAApgP8.jpg

CeeWEC0WIAA8JkO.jpg

sss_dbd9e47dd304cbe5b0d21dafbff7af3c.jpg

Glad to see them back on Vita after whatever problems happened way back with Life of Pixel 2.

Glad to see them back on Vita after whatever problems happened way back with Life of Pixel 2.

Cool, but I'd really like to see them get Vektor Wars on Vita. I've tweeted them about it before and they said they're planning on doing it, but then they go off and work something else.

I like them, particularly for how open and honest they are about stuff, but they really seem to flit from one project to the next really quickly. I remember they announced VTrax for Vita really early on that got silently canned.

Pata

Last I heard is that they were doing a Vita native version of Life of Pixel, or was it cancelled? The last tweet refering to that was back in October so I don't know

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
https://twitter.com/MixedBagGames/status/715970915843108864

Mixed Bag Games working on at least 3 unannounced Vita titles. If you read the comments, they say they're assisting other devs.
I'm happy to see an Italian developer getting so much work, especially on Vita! :D

I don't think this was posted here the other day, but the Life of Pixel dev's newer game "Best Buds vs Bad Guys" is coming to Vita:

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/2016/03/30/best-buds-vs-bad-guys-coming-soon-to-the-ps-vita/

It looks awesome, especially because it really looks a 16bit game, life of a pixel was bad but it was incredible how levels reproduced computer and consoles graphics and musics.

Khayam

Banned
I'm so tired of waiting for games to be released on VITA without a release date when they are already on other platforms...

Darkest Dungeon, Salt & Sanctuary and Hyper Light Drifter are the three main culprits to me... It feels like they were tailor-made for the Vita and yet, we barely even have a tentative date..

I played Nights of Azure for a bit, and this needs to be on the Vita. It has a very mission-based / pick up and play / dungeon crawling gamplay loop and honestly, the gameplay videos for the Vita ver don't look that bad. It would be great on it.

Now that it's out we need to talk to KT again if it's still an option.

Teleglitch is one of the most Vita-fitting indies right now IMO. Art style is drab and repetitive, but it's one hell of a tough roguelike.

joe2187

Banned
uJAJoE9.png

lol

The PS4 port is garbage btw

My question now.

if the PS4 version was a terrible port.

Why the fuck did they even release it?

Why in this day and age can you not just simply tell your fans/followers that there is some issues and it would take some time to work out?

Why not be transparent? Why not ask for some support from other Devs?

Do something other than releasing a broken product.

I'm so tired of waiting for games to be released on VITA without a release date when they are already on other platforms...

Darkest Dungeon, Salt & Sanctuary and Hyper Light Drifter are the three main culprits to me... It feels like they were tailor-made for the Vita and yet, we barely even have a tentative date..

Now that Axiom Verge has a release date, those are the exact three I'm still waiting on myself.

eFKac

My question now.

Why in this day and age can you not just simply tell your fans/followers that there is some issues and it would take some time to work out?

In this case I guess more accountable to Sony than their fans and had a deadline to release the game on for PS+.

I guess the contract was more lenient on the quality of the game than the fact of getting released.

Takao

Banned
My question now.

Need that PS+ $$$.

What do indie games that aren't Minecraft, Rocket League and Shovel Knight even sell on PS4 when they're not on PS+?

PS <3 Indies but PS4 Owners D:< Indies

18-Volt

Do you guys think if Sega's complete takeover of Atlus would affect their future 3rd party localizations? I've been waiting for Exist Archive and Utawarerumono and I'm hoping for both are part of Atlus 2016 lineup.

Do you guys think if Sega's complete takeover of Atlus would affect their future 3rd party localizations? I've been waiting for Exist Archive and Utawarerumono and I'm hoping for both are part of Atlus 2016 lineup.

Looks like the other way around to me given 7th Dragon 3 and Stella Glow (i.e. positive Atlus influence on SEGA).

18-Volt

It's more like Atlus USA localizing Sega's games rather than other publishers games.

Last time they released someone else's game in west was Legend of Legacy by Furyu in October. I don't think they gave up on doing that, their current lineup is pretty empty. there are SMT4F and Persona 5 for fall and Odin Sphere and 7th Dragon for summer. I'm pretty sure they could squeeze both Exist Archive and Utawarerumono somewhere.

I don't want to miss Utawarerumono again. I was quite pissed off when nobody localized PSP version of the first game (it was a Sting SRPG, all that i need) I don't want it to happen again. I need my yearly dose of Sting.

robotnik

This and another Dungeon Travelers.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
i needed something to keep my mind off ze3 so i started playing ever17 and today i got the last ending.

it was great and its a shame this will be lost in time since you can't buy for less than 250$ and the psp version was never localized

The day one ports are nice, but the delayed ones that actually perform/function well are good too. Nuclear Throne is a good example of how bad things can be, but there are also amazing ports like Necrodancer, Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, and Shovel Knight that were definitely worth the wait. I've bought some stinkers like Dustforce (which never got the performance issues patched) and Nuclear Throne, but for the most part, the ports tend to be worthwhile if the developers and/or port studio have time to deliver a quality product.

By the way, the port of Dariusburst Chronicle Saviors is amazing. Rock solid 60FPS performance, controls that hold up with the game's demands well, and great portable accessibility with short levels and sleep mode. Definitely check it out when it's on sale, but the content is well worth base price.

The day one ports are nice, but the delayed ones that actually perform/function well are good too. Nuclear Throne is a good example of how bad things can be, but there are also amazing ports like Necrodancer, Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, and Shovel Knight that were definitely worth the wait. I've bought some stinkers like Dustforce (which never got the performance issues patched) and Nuclear Throne, but for the most part, the ports tend to be worthwhile if the developers and/or port studio have time to deliver a quality product.

By the way, the port of Dariusburst Chronicle Saviors is amazing. Rock solid 60FPS performance, controls that hold up with the game's demands well, and great portable accessibility with short levels and sleep mode. Definitely check it out when it's on sale, but the content is well worth base price.

Agree 100% about Darius. Its an amazing port and a brilliant game in its own right. I've been chipping away at all the missions on and off for the last month or so and am still not done. I'm looking forward to getting the DLC at some stage as well.

Agree 100% about Darius. Its an amazing port and a brilliant game in its own right. I've been chipping away at all the missions on and off for the last month or so and am still not done. I'm looking forward to getting the DLC at some stage as well.

Yeah, Dariusburst CS is amazing. I love it.

Only Vita has a physical copy too. I just wish I could use the NA region DLC on it.

I used to go to the pre-order page on amazon.de every now and then and click through the platforms including VIta, now it looks like this

Rip in pieces

EDIT: Even though there are currently more games up for pre-order than on 3DS ;_;

This thread is exciting. I was an original Vita owner in 2012 and liked the system enough, but ultimately traded it in for a 3DS XL.

Now with a toddler in the house, console gaming is becoming less and less viable so the Vita's gorgeous screen and ridiculously massive & varied library ultimately had me buy it again. I'm pumped.

Yasumi

Banned
I used to go to the pre-order page on amazon.de every now and then and click through the platforms including VIta, now it looks like this

Rip in pieces

EDIT: Even though there are currently more games up for pre-order than on 3DS ;_;

I'd guess it's an advertising budget thing, and the Vita's lack there of. Sony's pretty much ceased trying to market the Vita in the west at all, so online stores drop it from main storefronts because Sony isn't paying them to keep it there.

Top Bottom