• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Takao

Banned
Falcom also said they don't have the resources to port old games. A Tokyo Xanadu PS4 port would net them poor sales in Japan and likely only a royalty from the west.

BTA

I found a few more

-Read Only Memories
-VA-11-HALLA
-World of FInal Fantasy
-Slain
-Risk of Rain
-Action Henk
-Chroma Squad
-Heart Forth, Alicia
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Mercenary Kings
-Broforce

Pretty sure the last two were just outright canned.

I don't think ROM counts as something we've heard nothing about. They've been pretty clear that it's a thing; it's just that it's tied to a new version of the game (with added voice acting and I think editing some game sections for pacing?) so it might be a while.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I read here once in GAF that said Sony was making big comeback on PS Vita in a thread I don't remember and it makes sense. Sony themselves said they "weren't giving up PS Vita and isn't a legacy platform yet".
They are going to port Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2 to Vita (3000 with upgraded specs) as a way to show Vita isn't dead.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I read here once in GAF that said Sony was making big comeback on PS Vita in a thread I don't remember and it makes sense. Sony themselves said they "weren't giving up PS Vita and isn't a legacy platform yet".
They are going to port Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2 to Vita (3000 with upgraded specs) as a way to show Vita isn't dead.

what

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
I have played the PS3 Civ Rev, iOS Civ Rev 1&2, and now this. For me the AI is pretty much the same on all the versions. The same techniques can be used to win. The Vita version looks the same as the iOS version but doesn't run as well. If you have an iPad, I would recommend that version just because of the larger screen real estate. If Vita is your only choice, it's still competent and a good game, just not the best place to experience this game.

Maybe I'll wait for it to get discounted then. There's too many games coming to take a chance - if you will - on an OK game. I don't think I've ever had so many games on my radar for a single year.

In case this hasn't already been posted, Lumo is coming to Vita (and PS4) on the 22nd April:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...nture-lumo-arrives-on-ps4-ps-vita-next-month/

26085489656_248b7ae1e2_b.jpg

26111424445_97bb56331a_c.jpg

Yeah, that game looks Solstice-licious.

Takao

Banned
Wonder if it'll get a retail release in the west. I'm hoping it will, but it's a small game so maybe not.

None of Playism's current PlayStation releases have gotten western physical releases, but IIRC Mystery Chronicle is their first game to have gotten one in JP.

Speaking of Playism, in case you're wondering, Night Cry is still in development for Vita.

Drangleic

Neo Member
I'm so fuckin' excited for this. Hell yeah... April 12th......... Risk of rain....
Now we need a schedule for salt and sanctuary....

Ordered Corpse Party Blood Drive (nice sale on VGP). I haven't play the Corpse Party on PSP, maybe I should do that before Blood Drive. But I don't have a lot of time :/ Is Blood Drive a prequel to the previous title or more of a separate entry in the serie ?

Aru

Ordered Corpse Party Blood Drive (nice sale on VGP). I haven't play the Corpse Party on PSP, maybe I should do that before Blood Drive. But I don't have a lot of time :/ Is Blood Drive a prequel to the previous title or more of a separate entry in the serie ?

3rd entry. Other gaffers told me to play 1 and 2 first, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

joe2187

Banned

The games are basically like the next chapter in a book.

Corpse Party 1 flows directly into Corpse Party 2 and straight into 3. So if you dont have an idea of what is going on, the game will not have as much of an impact on you.

Corpse Party 1 is a very very strong game IMHO. One of my favoirte PSP games actually.

I haven't started Corpse Party 2, but 1 was great and didn't take long to beat. Does Amazon.ca pricematch? The shipping at VGP makes it almost the same price.

Unless you live in Yurp. We get shit all Capcom stuff over here. I really need to make a US PSN account.

Someone on twitter mentioned this earlier: Sony just needs to get IARC working on PSN so Capcom can get the US version rated for free and put them on EU PSN. That's probably the only way we'll ever get those games.

Takao

Banned
Just to add some more confusion to Square Enix's actions: they're publishing a physical version of Final Fantasy XV on Xbox One ... in Japan. Yeah. I guarantee you English versions of Adventures of Mana and I Am Setsuna would sell more than that.

Just to add some more confusion to Square Enix's actions: they're publishing a physical version of Final Fantasy XV on Xbox One ... in Japan. Yeah. I guarantee you English versions of Adventures of Mana and I Am Setsuna would sell more than that.
I stopped trying to understand anything SE is doing with FFXV. They're a strange company.

Prelude.

Do you have a source for that rumor?
The source is AniHawk saying something like "it's likely they're gonna port it" because reasons. You know the kind of posts he makes. And also how 18-Volt interprets what he reads on gaf.

Falcom themselves said that they're looking into a localization outside japan so that might just mean the usual asian localization and not necessarily for the west.

18-Volt

They listen to companies more than they listen to fans.

"Should we bring Vita versions of our games to west? Sony says Vita is dead in west, so no."

"Should we even bother to publish Xbox One version of FF15 in Japan? Microsoft says Xbox One is alive there, so let's go for it!"

Yeah, it's really hilarious... but you know, Clive here said it best in the Setsuna thread that not bringing out games on Vita is better marketing than money can buy.

Clive

Square Enix could almost have made the Vita attractive for RPG fans by themselves.
Lord of Apocalypse
Final Fantasy Type-0
I Am Setsuna
Adventures of Mana
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy

Those are all quality products and over half would have been "console exclusive" on the Vita. The worst part is that 4/5 are, or will be localized so we're not talking astronomical costs for the localizations.

I can normally find reason when I look at "evil" companies' business decisions but in this case I just feel disrespected as a fan.

heringer

I got a Vita this week and I'm kind of shocked at the amount of games this thing has.

Granted, it's mostly indies, but there are a lot of good stuff. I'm totally out of the loop about Vita, but are these indie devs doing ok in the platform? I mean, I found out that even Hyper Light Drifter and Axiom Verge are coming! That's great. I just thought of the possibility of Stardew Valley coming, I would absolutely love that. Game is selling like hotcakes and Vita lacks a Harvest Moon like game, so who knows. I hope indies keep pumping out games.

So yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed and I don't know what to buy right now. I played a demo of Sly Thieves in Time and loved it. Should I play the collection first? The console also came with Assassin's Creed, so I'll be playing that too.

How is Borderlands 2? And what are the best JRPG's available (aside from Persona 4 of course).

So yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed and I don't know what to buy right now. I played a demo of Sly Thieves in Time and loved it. Should I play the collection first? The console also came with Assassin's Creed, so I'll be playing that too.

How is Borderlands 2? And what are the best JRPG's available (aside from Persona 4 of course).

Someone will post that gif soon. I'll just say "welcome to the club" for now :p

re. Sly - absolutely, play the Collection first. The games are great and there is a sort of connected story between them, and most importantly - the ports are of really good quality.

re. Borderlands 2 - I personally loved it, but watch some videos on youtube first - there ARE performance problems and whether you can stand them will be up to your own personal tolerance.

re. JRPG's - depends what your tastes and tolerance to fanservice stuff is. I'd have no problems recommending Digimon & Trails of Cold Steel to anyone (if you're a fan of turn-based stuff) and Tales of Hearts & Ys to anyone (if you're a fan of action-based stuff). I personally love the Atelier games, but they can be a bit too cutesy and offputting for some people.

I got a Vita this week and I'm kind of shocked at the amount of games this thing has.

Granted, it's mostly indies, but there are a lot of good stuff. I'm totally out of the loop about Vita, but are these indie devs doing ok in the platform? I mean, I found out that even Hyper Light Drifter and Axiom Verge are coming! That's great. I just thought of the possibility of Stardew Valley coming, I would absolutely love that. Game is selling like hotcakes and Vita lacks a Harvest Moon like game, so who knows. I hope indies keep pumping out games.

Welcome to the best console ever :p

It's more of a hunting game, but Soul Sacrifice Delta is a godlike dark fantasy RPG. Don't know any other yet myself lol

heringer

Someone will post that gif soon. I'll just say "welcome to the club" for now :p

re. Sly - absolutely, play the Collection first. The games are great and there is a sort of connected story between them, and most importantly - the ports are of really good quality.

re. Borderlands 2 - I personally loved it, but watch some videos on youtube first - there ARE performance problems and whether you can stand them will be up to your own personal tolerance.

re. JRPG's - depends what your tastes and tolerance to fanservice stuff is. I'd have no problems recommending Digimon & Trails of Cold Steel to anyone (if you're a fan of turn-based stuff) and Tales of Hearts & Ys to anyone (if you're a fan of action-based stuff). I personally love the Atelier games, but they can be a bit too cutesy and offputting for some people.

Welcome to the best console ever :p

It's more of a hunting game, but Soul Sacrifice Delta is a godlike dark fantasy RPG. Don't know any other yet myself lol

Thanks guys. Yeah, Soul Sacrifice Delta is on my list too. Trails of Cold Steel too. Can I play that before I play the other Trails games?

Also, which Metroidvania games are available / to be released on the system? These are what I know:

Axiom Verge
Unepic
La Mulana
Guacamelee
Batman
Steamworld Dig

Anything else worth mentioning?

Do we have a price on Skull Girls?

Honestly at this point I'm not sure I want to pay full price. My hype is kinda gone.

It's cross buy so same price as PS4. It was already discounted to <10 though afaik

Trails of Cold Steel too. Can I play that before I play the other Trails games?

Yeah don't worry about it. It's pretty self contained.
Trails superfans might tell you something else but I played all the english ones and I don't think it matters.

Thanks guys. Yeah, Soul Sacrifice Delta is on my list too. Trails of Cold Steel too. Can I play that before I play the other Trails games?

Also, which Metroidvania games are available / to be released on the system? These are what I know:

Axiom Verge
Unepic
La Mulana
Guacamelee
Batman
Steamworld Dig

Chasm devs are looking into porting to the Vita

That game looks like one of the best Metroidvanias yet

Axiom Verge
Unepic
La Mulana
Guacamelee
Batman
Steamworld Dig

The Swapper almost counts, same for Dustforce.

If it doesn't have to be Vita native, there's Symphony of the Night.

Top Bottom