• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Saphirax

There are also still tons of other potential localizations, including whole XSEED line up: Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Tokyo Xanadu, Exist Archive, Criminal Girls 2, Hero Must Die, Summon Night 6, Gundam Breaker 3, Digimon World Next Order, Sega Hard Girls, Toukiden 2, Atelier Shallie...

And then there are games that were announced for west but we heard nothing since: Attack on Titan, God Wars, Root Letter, Gundam EX VS

And finally the "promised" games, which I don't think we'll ever see them on those shores: Adventures of Mana, I am Setsuna and Nights of Azure.

Ys 8 and Dangan 3 could well be 2016 games if Falcom and Spike were cooperative enough. I don't think Falcom will be, but after Zero Time Dilemma, it's very possible to see Dangan 3 in English before year ends.

Shallie+ is probably going to be a 2017 release. Nothing from Atlus and Aksys yet, but XSEED is going to be at E3 so they'll most likely announce their upcoming games beforehand just like they did last year.

Im tempted to buy it for the 8th time. Hopefully it runs well enough on Vita to not piss me off. Any idea if it supports both touch and buttons? I loved the touch controls for it on iPad.

XCOM Vita without any buzz is weird. I still haven't finished EU, but I might get this version because I love my Vita and Enemy Unknown (from what I've played) is very good. What changes are added in Plus? Is it just Enemy Within?

I wonder if NISA is interested in anything featuring bears. Fufufufufu

People are crazy for thinking there's any chance of us seeing that this year, there is literally no reason to think an announcement will be made until near the end of the year lol.

I also like how people keep pushing for physical releases on Koei's twitter, even if some of them should probably tone down their attitude. Really do not see why they couldn't do a physical version of Sophie when it's been shown that fans will buy LEs for Gust games on Vita. I mean I get it, they want to funnel people over to PS4 and make Vita less appealing. That's why they're going back on doing physical releases and likely why Nights of Azure won't see a release due to being deemed not high quality enough, even though Japan has appaerently had a patch that fixed some of the major issues. Then again I would honestly hope that they would forgo the cloth posters for Vita releases if they did anymore LEs.....$80 would be a bit high for a Vita release.

Anyone knows if the Asian Criminal Girls release is uncensored like the japanese? Or censored like the west? It has english subtitles and if it is uncensored I might buy it.

Also I'm interested in a good action paced Gundam game. Is Gundam Breaker 3 a good choice for me. Any impressions yet on framerate and stuff in comparison to the ps4 version?

What about Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force? What's the main differences between this and Gundam Breaker 3?

Lol what

Did they literally just wait for someone to ask them to announce the release date

Considering they announced it on the Blog and have been keeping people updated on their Facebook, seems bizarre to have the release date revealed this way.

This whole situation with 2K games on Vita has been weird. Silent ratings and silent releases yet the actual effort of porting it was made.

18-Volt

This whole situation with 2K games on Vita has been weird. Silent ratings and silent releases yet the actual effort of porting it was made.

They also edited the radio soundtrack of Liberty City Stories to prevent its delisting. They also compressed some files in the game to decrease the game size and they did all of those without even telling anyone.

I guess Take Two works like this now. Making and releasing games silently. Not only for Vita, for home consoles too. Everything about Bioshock Collection is leaked, but they don't seem to acknowledge its existence. Probably it'll get a stealth release too.

They also edited the radio soundtrack of Liberty City Stories to prevent its delisting. They also compressed some files in the game to decrease the game size and they did all of those without even telling anyone.

Didn't bother to do that for Midnight Club 3, though.

(Also, GTA isn't back up in Europe yet =/)

Cornbread78

Every time I click the link for the Play-Asia site, that Moe Chronicles games comes up as having English subtitles... What is that game anyway?

Tohsaka

Every time I click the link for the Play-Asia site, that Moe Chronicles games comes up as having English subtitles... What is that game anyway?

It's a DRPG that had too much fanservice for them to release in the west without having to censor some of it, so they just released in Asia with English text and let people import if they want it. I liked it quite a bit, the sequel (Moero Crystal) is due out soon in English.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
It's like they've got a back room full of Vita games, and they're just waiting for someone to ask for them!

Quick, someone ask about Bioshock! And that Oblivion PSP game while we're at it.

You had to bring up Oblivion, haha. Cannot wait to finally play Civ Rev 2. Hoping it's the same week here in NA as it is in EU.

HotHamBoy

Hey guys, EDF 2 is $15 til next week. How does it compare to EDF 2017 Portable? I already have the latter, would this be redundant or is it an improvement?

I'm also considering XCOM, anyone who bought it have impressions, technical or otherwise? I already have EW on PS3 so I just want to know how this version turned out.

Shizuka

Hey guys, EDF 2 is $15 til next week. How does it compare to EDF 2017 Portable? I already have the latter, would this be redundant or is it an improvement?

I'm also considering XCOM, anyone who bought it have impressions, technical or otherwise? I already have EW on PS3 so I just want to know how this version turned out.

Not redundant, most consider an improvement, myself included.

Cornbread78

It's a DRPG that had too much fanservice for them to release in the west without having to censor some of it, so they just released in Asia with English text and let people import if they want it. I liked it quite a bit, the sequel (Moero Crystal) is due out soon in English.

Is it a good game though, or just a lot of otaku pandering? Basically, is it worth importing over something available in NA already?

Tohsaka

Is it a good game though, or just a lot of otaku pandering? Basically, is it worth importing over something available in NA already?

Well, if you like fanservice or at least aren't bothered by it, I think it's a good game. I personally enjoyed it more than a few of the other localized DRPGs like Operation Abyss, Mind Zero and Conception 2.

Honestly from a gameplay perspective, it's not worth it over something like DT2 or some of the Experience titles. I mean a single look at any youtube video would probably show just how much the game panders. There may be worse in regards to combat mechanics, but it is clear as day that the fanservice is the focus of the game. I honestly wouldn't even touch it unless the fanservice appeals to you.

Sure, I liked it for what it was (as a dirty fanservice peddler), but the gameplay was pretty heavily flawed in regards to balance.

duckroll

EDF2 remains the best title in the entire series imo, and the Vita version of EDF2 is the best one yet.

Olengie

i got a vita used for 100 bucks at a second hand place the other day! gimme gimme games yooo:D

Some stuff: Persona 4 Golden, Steins;Gate, Tales of Heart R, Danganronpa 1 & 2, Virtues Last Reward

On the import side: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny, IA/VT

Cornbread78

Well, if you like fanservice or at least aren't bothered by it, I think it's a good game. I personally enjoyed it more than a few of the other localized DRPGs like Operation Abyss, Mind Zero and Conception 2.

Honestly from a gameplay perspective, it's not worth it over something like DT2 or some of the Experience titles. I mean a single look at any youtube video would probably show just how much the game panders. There may be worse in regards to combat mechanics, but it is clear as day that the fanservice is the focus of the game. I honestly wouldn't even touch it unless the fanservice appeals to you.

Sure, I liked it for what it was (as a dirty fanservice peddler), but the gameplay was pretty heavily flawed in regards to balance.

Got it, TY. Maybe I'll give DT2 a shot. I missed it when it was on sale (USPSN) recently.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I've said this before, but I think this was on the verge of happening. 2k had a surge of interest in Vita and the ports were all handled by 2K China, who ported Bioshock to iOS.

But they're shut now. Dream dead.

It is okay. If I had to choose, I would choose xcom and civ anyway.

Top Bottom