• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

This thread is exciting. I was an original Vita owner in 2012 and liked the system enough, but ultimately traded it in for a 3DS XL.

Now with a toddler in the house, console gaming is becoming less and less viable so the Vita's gorgeous screen and ridiculously massive & varied library ultimately had me buy it again. I'm pumped.

Welcome back <3

Drangleic

Neo Member
This thread is exciting. I was an original Vita owner in 2012 and liked the system enough, but ultimately traded it in for a 3DS XL.

Now with a toddler in the house, console gaming is becoming less and less viable so the Vita's gorgeous screen and ridiculously massive & varied library ultimately had me buy it again. I'm pumped.

Absolutely ! with 2 toddlers in the house, my gaming time has reduced a lot... and my vita seems more and more accurate than my pc.
One exception for Dark Souls 3 next week though :)
By the way, do we have more informations about a future scheduled of Salt and Sanctuary on Vita ?

Free! Vita means family. Send me a PM.

JSBTl.gif

wait, can I play ANY Vita game having the PS Tv? Do I need a PS4 as well or just the PS TV can do it?

I think unless you have your PSTV firmware on a particular version which allows for a whitelist hack you're relegated to a set of "allowed" PSTV titles.

Cornbread78

So I just bought Dungeon Travelers 2 and they have me the pre-order bonus calendar with it. My goodness is that thing riske'. Is there a market to sell that thing?

koutoru

I think unless you have your PSTV firmware on a particular version which allows for a whitelist hack you're relegated to a set of "allowed" PSTV titles.
Honestly, most (if not almost all) of the vita games post pstv launch work on pstv.

It's gotten to the point where I think pstv support is provided by default to current Vita games. You might actually have to opt out for your vita game not to be supported.

sono

Congrats on the toddler and glad he or she led you back to the light side

UCBooties

Damn, I was on the fence for AC but missed out. Can anyone post impressions for the Vita version? I might still grab it.

VitaGAF is seriously the best though, a lot of great people helping each other out.

VITA means life.

Ephidel

Huh I just bought that game the cover and reviews seemed tame enough. Obviously have only played through the beginning so far but had no idea the part about underage girls must be later. Seriously considering returning it now.
Unless you have an aversion to fanservice heavy titles in general (which is fair enough, and in which case you probably should drop it) you shouldn't let the idea of some of the monster girls looking underage scare you off.
I can think of five "underage" looking monsters off the top of my head (fairy, eel, namahage, rabbit, and concrete roller girl) and their battle sprites are fine, any dubiousness comes from the CGs you get for defeating boss versions of them.
Only three of them have boss versions: Concrete is an optional boss, and Eel and Namahage are post-game (and the only one that (I personally thought) was a bit dodgy was Eel's CG). And in the English version all three of those CGs were modified anyway (Concrete got her sprite's shorts back, Eel's outfit was zipped back up, and Namahage's outfit gained a bit more straw).

bomblord1

Banned
Unless you have an aversion to fanservice heavy titles in general (which is fair enough, and in which case you probably should drop it)....

Honestly I used to but have slowly been warming up to it because of GAF. Still don't like games that don't have the gameplay on top of it.

Ephidel

Honestly I used to but have slowly been warming up to it because of GAF. Still don't like games that don't have the gameplay on top of it.
Personally I think DT2 more than has the gameplay to make it worth it :)
Particularly in the late game when more map trickery starts coming into play, but the whole thing is very well balanced and the class system is interesting.

I haven't paid much attention to the Vita scene, but just saw that 2 "non Japanese type" games were coming out today - Assassin's Creed Chronicles and Skull girls 2.

Are either worth picking up? Would be good to get something for my Vita, last game I picked up was EDF2.

heringer

Soul Sacrifice Delta is fantastic!

I like how it's definitely not a Monster Hunter clone. Like, at all. I love Monster Hunter, but SS has it's own, very distinct, identity. The lore is such a great read. The stories have their own plot twists. I'm particularly loving the twisted fairy tales.

Gameplay is not as deep and addictive as Monster Hunter 4U, but that's to be expected. It's still great to combo and experiment with different spells, and the bosses are well designed.

After I'm done with it I'll probably buy Freedom Wars and then Toukiden (which is the more blatant clone of the bunch).

XCom Vita any good, y'all? I've never played the game on the console or on the PC.

Go in with an open mind about the performance issues and you'll be happy. They can be irritating at times but the game is still worth playing, especially if you've never played it before. I kind of feel like it isn't the best way to experience the game first, but if you really love playing games on Vita, you will probably be able to put up with it.

Top Bottom