• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

BONKERS

Romancing Saga 2~~~!!!---er , oh wait.

GOD_DAMNIT.jpg

Waited all these years and we are stuck with the Mobile Phone versions that SE historically does a pathetic job with, when dealing with 2D games?
http://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way-ffvi-edition/
http://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way/

Infinite Sadness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFEftsKAUvY

duckroll

Waited all these years and we are stuck with the Mobile Phone versions that SE historically does a pathetic job with, when dealing with 2D games?

Actually in recent history, it is the Vita versions of games which S-E is terrible with. So I'm not sure why you're trying to throw shade on what is probably the best 2D remake S-E has done in years, while pining for a Vita port of the exact same game which doesn't even support the Vita TV. Lol.

BONKERS

Actually in recent history, it is the Vita versions of games which S-E is terrible with. So I'm not sure why you're trying to throw shade on what is probably the best 2D remake S-E has done in years, while pining for a Vita port of the exact same game which doesn't even support the Vita TV. Lol.

EXACTLY, this looks like they actually put effort into the art this time around. So why stick it on smartphones where they will obviously mess up the scaling and use some obtuse base resolution?

They couldn't even do the 2D Dragon Quest SP ports well, they look terrible and run super jerky with a low framerate. And those games are hardly complex in any way.

Vita TV? A 2D game deserves to be played on a device with a fixed resolution it was intended for and will look best on without any additional upscaling from a lower resolution.

On Smartphones it's either going to be filtered and ugly. Or badly point scaled and ugly.

18-Volt

DQ Heroes 2, DQ Builders and World of FF - that's three!

Although they did announce WoFF for the vita already.

I'd be really, REALLY surprised if they bring Vita versions of DQ titles. SE refused to localize the 3DS DQ games without any reason and now we're getting them thanks to Nintendo. I also wouldn't be surprised if the skip SaGa Vita, since they also skipped SaGa DS games. And they were on a platform sold more than 100 million units.

Whenever I think about how SE listening to their western fans, the presentation slide with hamburger symbolizing western gamers come up to my mind. They're that stupid.

DQ Heroes 2, DQ Builders and World of FF - that's three!

Although they did announce WoFF for the vita already.

We're not getting either of those DQ games lol, let's be serious here. They don't see the West as a potential audience for DQ anymore unless someone else comes in and does the work for them, taking any and all risk away from themselves. We don't have anyone like Nintendo that is willing to do that for Vita.

I honestly want to see them cancel WoFF Vita at this point just so the message is clear that they don't give a fuck.

Saphirax

I'd be really, REALLY surprised if they bring Vita versions of DQ titles. SE refused to localize the 3DS DQ games without any reason and now we're getting them thanks to Nintendo. I also wouldn't be surprised if the skip SaGa Vita, since they also skipped SaGa DS games. And they were on a platform sold more than 100 million units.

Whenever I think about how SE listening to their western fans, the presentation slide with hamburger symbolizing western gamers come up to my mind. They're that stupid.

We're not getting either of those DQ games lol, let's be serious here. They don't see the West as a potential audience for DQ anymore unless someone else comes in and does the work for them, taking any and all risk away from themselves. We don't have anyone like Nintendo that is willing to do that for Vita.

I honestly want to see them cancel WoFF Vita at this point just so the message is clear that they don't give a fuck.

Yeah, I don't think they'll bother with a vita version for either of those :/.

18-Volt

Yeah, I don't think they'll bother with a vita version for either of those :/.

That being said, DQ Heroes II has cross platform online play (it's basically Toukiden 2 with DQ theme). If they're really gonna skip the Vita version, they might have to put a region lock for online play and that wouldn't make any sense. I have a tiny bit of hope for DQH2, I have faith in Koei to work things out.

DQ Builders on the other hand, no, I have no hope for that one.

Clive

I'd be totally fine with Square Enix skipping the platform if I felt they had given it a fair shot in the past but they really haven't. If they could say "look, we tried the Vita in the west with Adventures of Mana and Chaos Rings III but it didn't work out so RS2 will be iOS/Android only" then so be it. They can't say this and that is why I complain.

Either way, awesome news with a Romancing SaGa 2 localization. Maybe they can at least patch in controller support down the line but it feels like maybe it's getting late for that too. I have a very strong aversion to touch screen D-pads and buttons.

I really doubt DQH2 and DQB are releasing on the Vita in the West. They probably will wait and port em to PC and release them a few months after PS4 and the games will be PS4 and PC only. I don't mind playing the games on iOS. Heck I own every FF game they released on it and even 2 DQ games but if a version exists already and a localization exists, total disregard for the fanbase but that's what we should expect of them at this point.

heringer

That being said, DQ Heroes II has cross platform online play (it's basically Toukiden 2 with DQ theme). If they're really gonna skip the Vita version, they might have to put a region lock for online play and that wouldn't make any sense. I have a tiny bit of hope for DQH2, I have faith in Koei to work things out.

DQ Builders on the other hand, no, I have no hope for that one.

Why would they need to put a region lock for online play?

It's a shame because I loved their PSP support, they threw the kitchen sink at that portable. We can't even get their mobile scraps these days lol, I said it before but so help me if they don't localize SaGa: Scarlet Grace man, that'd be a massive kick in the balls.

Want to know the best part? The iOS/Android versions don't support controllers.

Smh

18-Volt

Why would they need to put a region lock for online play?

As I said, cross platform play. If there won't be cross platform play in western version of the game, you can't play with Japanese gamers who have cross platform, right?

But come to think of it, I started to think DQH2 Vita version could come out in west. Koei wouldn't let Square to fuck up with online by not releasing other on platforms. I'm guessing they've got say something about localization of their own games.

I have zero faith in SE ever releasing a Vita game in the West. They also won't listen. Reminds me of the end years of PSP.

And DS. At some point SE stopped bringing their DS games to west. Nintendo managed to save some, including DQ games and 4 Heroes of Light, but we lost the best stuff: SaGa DS remakes, Blood of Bahamut, Sigma Harmonics, Front Mission 2089, Chocobo Dungeon 2 and Chocobo Tales 2. I will never forgive Square for denying us those awesome Chocobo sequels.

L.O.R.D

Congratulations, thanks for supporting western Vita games!

haha, thanks
i will do it more,if i can find new vita games in my city.
all i can see is petz or batman or some other old games.
i was surprised i found that game here,especially where i live is in saudi arabia,we use EU games, not NA.
some times,few stores get games from asian markets like Resident evil revelations 2.

haha, thanks
i will do it more,if i can find new vita games in my city.
all i can see is petz or batman or some other old games.
i was surprised i found that game here,especially where i live is in saudi arabia,we use EU games, not NA.
some times,few stores get games from asian markets like Resident evil revelations 2.
Ubisoft Middle East actually sent us PR for the release of AC: Chronicles on Vita. I was surprised too :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Damn, even Wario64 got hit. (lol)
Oh well, hope they were short bans.

Playstation Pets is kinda rare. At least the original UK version.

my first ever physical PS Vita game

Nice. my local store that usually gets PAL stock also had this. I prefer the NA Ubisoft releases in general because they have the logo font on the spine. The PAL / EU copies of AC Chronicles even on PS4 and XB1 have plain text spines.

L.O.R.D

Nice. my local store that usually gets PAL stock also had this. I prefer the NA Ubisoft releases in general because they have the logo font on the spine. The PAL / EU copies of AC Chronicles even on PS4 and XB1 have plain text spines.
the EU version comes with mini manual.

Saoshyant

Hey we all know now that Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls is coming to the West right?

How did this game turn out, does anyone know? I've heard recent Neptunia games have turned out not bad, and I actually liked the SeHa episodes I watched, so I'm mildly curious about this one.

L.O.R.D

found this in a small game shop in my way back to home,he didn't have any Vita game on display, but i asked if he have any, he looked at me strangely and went under hidden desk where he hide banned games like GTA and God of War and got about 5 or 6 Vita games,
3 pt 4 games was petz,one was a billiard or golf ( not Hot Shots Golf)
and the final game was tearaway.
i asked him who much? he told me about $20,so i told him okey and went out of the door,then i returned to him and told him i will take it for $10.
he accepted my offer happily.

CfjY8zWWIAAe0S8.jpg

Top Bottom