• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Ryan95

Talking of NIS (Europe in my case) and late demos, Odin Sphere Leifdrasir Demo is not available yet despite they announced it to be coming out today.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Talking of NIS (Europe in my case) and late demos, Odin Sphere Leifdrasir Demo is not available yet despite they announced it to be coming out today.

Wow really? We've had it here in NA since the beginning of the month. I see a common theme here with weirdly staggered demo dates. Hopefully you get it soon, I thought they did an excellent job with the demo - and it looks amazing on the Vita.

Wow really? We've had it here in NA since the beginning of the month. I see a common theme here with weirdly staggered demo dates. Hopefully you get it soon, I thought they did an excellent job with the demo - and it looks amazing on the Vita.

Our release is 3 weeks later so it's not too bad. Different publisher.

Demos, themes, DLC and such from smaller publishers always get messed up on EU PSN. It's nothing new.

We say Aksys over and over, but it's been ages since they worked on a non-ASW VN. Other than Zero Escape, that's it, not to mention they never worked with 5pb.
Would be interesting if that was the PQube announcement we were thinking might be Root Letter. But I guess we might find out this month.

We say Aksys over and over, but it's been ages since they worked on a non-ASW VN. Other than Zero Escape, that's it, not to mention they never worked with 5pb.
Sure, could be anyone. Just was my first guess because obviously Aksys has been working closely with Uchikoshi

happening

jrIrseM.png

Should be 30 minutes from now on monday if my timezones are correct

EDIT: That's a bit after the Kadokawa event, but it lines up too perfectly

NDPsycho

Grand Kingdom physical release is pushed back a week, per NISA email. New date is the 28th due to packing issues. It said it was for North American release, Amazon hasn't updated dates yet.

Grand Kingdom physical release is pushed back a week, per NISA email. New date is the 28th due to packing issues. It said it was for North American release, Amazon hasn't updated dates yet.

At least the Vita Demo is up

This game is nuts. Very complex and deep. Kind of crazy

Yeah we've seen examples of this already. Lost Dimension and Grand Kingdom bombed quite hard if I remember it right.

Thats a shame

Grand Kingdom doesnt seem like its for everybody. It certainly has some key flaws and I personally like Grand Knights History better

I plan to dig much deeper into Grand Kingdom once i get the full game. The Demo pretty much halts after you complete the tutorial missions. Sure you can do online war but its really damn tough

Letep

My refurbished OLED Vita arrived from Amazon...with dog bite marks on the front and back left side of the system. :-/

That actually does help, they'll seek localization to turn a profit.

Yeah we've seen examples of this already. Lost Dimension and Grand Kingdom bombed quite hard if I remember it right.

I guess that's fair. Aegis of Earth; Langrisser etc. spring to mind too.

But still, Punchline did notably worse than any of those games still (didn't even chart in top 50). I'd imagine it's a harder sell than all of those other games because it's based on an existing IP which 5pb licenced.

I also think that because it's 5pb it's different. They have lots of games that sell small amounts and they don't see to shop them overseas, because their output is so high in general. Maybe I'm wrong and it'll come, which is cool, I just wouldn't be crossing any fingers.

On a somewhat related note, what do you guys think the likelihood that we get the other Science Adventure games in the west is?

I seem to remember Chaos;Head Noah being teased ages ago by PQube, but now they've announced Steins;Gate 0 and I can't see them doing more than 1 in a year.

So there's 3 mainline games which haven't come across - Chaos;Head; Robotics;Notes & Chaos;Child. Chaos;Child is the only one with a PS4 version so that seems like the most likely, but I think it's a sequel to Chaos;Head which makes it unlikely?

I just want more. I love Steins;Gate to pieces. Quite saddened that the one that sounds most interesting to me (Robotics;Notes) seems to have no chance :(

autoduelist

Thanks for mentionin those srpgs! Looking forward to all of them.

Whatever happened to that rumored Chaos Rings trilogy for vita? Is that a thing? Not a thing?

At least the Vita Demo is up

This game is nuts. Very complex and deep. Kind of crazy

Music to my ears. Blind pre-order redeemed. I sort of want to dl the demo but i'm waist deep in Stranger of Sword City right now...

For visual novels, that's not really a thing. We've seen several visual novels bomb and remain in Japan.

VNs would likely require more translation costs than your average game; not just due to the added verbiage,but also because more work needs to be spent making it all flow together emotionally, whereas in a game like, say, Aegis of Earth you can just sort of throw together a translation and skimp by. Obviously doesn't apply to wordy rpgs like Trails in the Sky though.

On a somewhat related note, what do you guys think the likelihood that we get the other Science Adventure games in the west is?

I seem to remember Chaos;Head Noah being teased ages ago by PQube, but now they've announced Steins;Gate 0 and I can't see them doing more than 1 in a year.

So there's 3 mainline games which haven't come across - Chaos;Head; Robotics;Notes & Chaos;Child. Chaos;Child is the only one with a PS4 version so that seems like the most likely, but I think it's a sequel to Chaos;Head which makes it unlikely?

I just want more. I love Steins;Gate to pieces. Quite saddened that the one that sounds most interesting to me (Robotics;Notes) seems to have no chance :(

Technically the "tease" was a phrase from the tag line of Chaos;Head, which is also the tag line of Chaos;Child. There's a more recent rumor that Chaos;Child is indeed the next SciADV game in line for localization (which makes some sense given the PS4 thing, and also the recent PC port). But I'm a little concerned about whether it extensively spoils Chaos;Head, not that I would personally mind since I read the fan translation, but it would be bad form nonetheless.

Takao

Banned
It does exist, but not over here. There's this chinese version they released an english language patch for.

Just a warning, but don't import Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy. Only the fourth game is on the cart and it wasn't patched to support English text. Chaos Rings, II, and Omega are in English, but you have to download them through an in-game menu that boots you into the PlayStation Store attached to your account. If you don't have an SEA account attached, you won't see anything.

It's actually kind of crazy that SE didn't just drop those on PSN in the west. The first three games have the official localizations injected in them. In fact, if you buy the games separately on J-PSN and your Vita's system text is set to English, so will the game's.

Just a warning, but don't import Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy. Only the fourth game is on the cart and it wasn't patched to support English text. Chaos Rings, II, and Omega are in English, but you have to download them through an in-game menu that boots you into the PlayStation Store attached to your account. If you don't have an SEA account attached, you won't see anything.

It's actually kind of crazy that SE didn't just drop those on PSN in the west. The first three games have the official localizations injected in them. In fact, if you buy the games separately on J-PSN and your Vita's system text is set to English, so will the game's.

Thanks for letting me know.

Technically the "tease" was a phrase from the tag line of Chaos;Head, which is also the tag line of Chaos;Child. There's a more recent rumor that Chaos;Child is indeed the next SciADV game in line for localization (which makes some sense given the PS4 thing, and also the recent PC port). But I'm a little concerned about whether it extensively spoils Chaos;Head, not that I would personally mind since I read the fan translation, but it would be bad form nonetheless.

Thanks for this! Had no idea it could've also been Chaos;Child. While I'd be happy with any more SciAdv games, CC is the one I'm least interested in because of the ties to CH and the fact it's the most recently, so I feel has the longer window to be brought across.

To think we'll never officially get Chaos;Head or Robotics;Notes in English is a bummer.

Shizuka

I'm actually impressed PQube is not releasing the PS3 version of Steins;Gate 0, when less than a year ago, they released the PS3 version of Steins;Gate. I think that's an indicative that if there's no PS4 version, they'll likely skip to the most recent games.

I'm actually impressed PQube is not releasing the PS3 version of Steins;Gate 0, when less than a year ago, they released the PS3 version of Steins;Gate. I think that's an indicative that if there's no PS4 version, they'll likely skip to the most recent games.

I don't know how it was elsewhere, but in the UK the Vita version was clearly the vast majority of sales on that game (charted at #28 in the individual chart while PS3 version didn't make top 40).

So I guess that makes sense. And they're just following what every other publisher is doing these days, going for the games with PS4/Vita versions to get maximum sales.

It's just a shame, because I can't see the older SciAdv games getting ported round anymore (the most recent ports on Vita in Japan sold pretty poorly - ~ 10k for RN and ~ 8k for CH, and Vita has shown itself for a better market for VN's than PS4) so that's our last chance to get them "officially" in the west, unless JAST surprises us again.

Takao

Banned
I think it's shitty to not release already existing versions of games if the hardware is still active, but I can see where publishers are coming at. PS3 and PS4 occupy the same market space. PS4 and Vita do not. You can own a PS4 and still be an active Vita user. It's not as likely to own a PS4 and still be an active PS3 user. When PS4 has sold as many units as it has, that's something you have to think about. On top of that, PS3 is the only one of the three to have a piracy problem. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the sole reason so few PS3 versions of games get released in SEA.

They pop up in the BST thread semi regularly. Not new or "never used", but units with little usage and few blemishes if any.

Otherwise, you're looking at the usual places for new hardware that's been discontinued. eBay, big retailers, etc.

It is, but it's still weird to release the PS3 version of the first game in one year and then skip the platform for the sequel the next year.

They should've done it digital at least on PS3 since they did S;G on PS3 but I can't imagine PS3 version selling to well. PS3 defo dead. I say this as I got a PS3 collectors edition yesterday (FFX HD NA lol)

Do you guys think we'll be getting any more Makai Ichiban Kan games? It was the 'new brand' set up by Compile Heart of which Trillion: God of Destruction was the first game and MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death was the second.

I know MeiQ kinda bombed in Japan, but I was pretty interested to see where they were going with it. Plus Idea Factory International seem to localize everything these days just so they can stick them on Steam, so... :)

Shizuka

Do you guys think we'll be getting any more Makai Ichiban Kan games? It was the 'new brand' set up by Compile Heart of which Trillion: God of Destruction was the first game and MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death was the second.

I know MeiQ kinda bombed in Japan, but I was pretty interested to see where they were going with it. Plus Idea Factory International seem to localize everything these days just so they can stick them on Steam, so... :)

They love to create new "brands", I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it and made another one.

Top Bottom