• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

They love to create new "brands", I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it and made another one.

I'd be happier if the 'new brand' that had managed to make it to 4 entries and counting on Vita wasn't Moero, lol. I guess that's indicative of the audience more than anything.

I dunno, I quite liked the ethos behind Makai ("Hell's #1 House"), seemed very Disgaea-esque. Shame it's probably going nowhere.

On that note might as well say that I'm also surprised CH never ported the Mugen Souls games to Vita, guess that's another brand they've ditched too.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Wonder how long it'll take before we'll get one.

Harsh, haha. But totally warranted. I have almost given up on seeing their games on my Vita.

I'm also pretty bummed out that I have to wait another week for Grand Kingdom, but at least it wasn't a ridiculous delay.

Takao

Banned
I'm legit surprised that Stardew Valley isn't coming to Vita. It's a popularish indie game part of a genre that is popular on handhelds and would seem to have no technical issues running on the hardware. Even worse is that Chucklefish got Sickhead to port it to PS4/XB1/Wii U. Sickhead's done a few Vita ports in their day ...

I've been pretty pessimistic on it ever coming out, but take this as a sign that Starbound for Vita has been axed.

I'm legit surprised that Stardew Valley isn't coming to Vita. It's a popularish indie game part of a genre that is popular on handhelds and would seem to have no technical issues running on the hardware. Even worse is that Chucklefish got Sickhead to port it to PS4/XB1/Wii U. Sickhead's done a few Vita ports in their day ...

I've been pretty pessimistic on it ever coming out, but take this as a sign that Starbound for Vita has been axed.

Nothing surprises me anymore when Vita is involved, lol.

Starbound was already all but confirmed as axed, tbh. even the PS4 version doesn't have a proper confirmation and that game's had some major issues getting done.

CazTGG

On the subject of hopeless situations, is anyone expecting Sony to do anything for the Vita at this E3 or announce a successor? I highly doubt either save for maybe the former getting a montage of video games coming out or have recently come out.

Powwa

Depression is a common issue with Vita fans after every E3, lol. Expect nothing and you will not be disappointed!

On a side note we are getting Berserk Musou so that's pretty cool. I was expecting them to skip Vita again like Arslan.

Shizuka

Depression is a common issue with Vita fans after every E3, lol. Expect nothing and you will not be disappointed!

On a side note we are getting Berserk Musou so that's pretty cool. I was expecting them to skip Vita again like Arslan.

Trust me, we didn't lose anything worthwhile.

Ryan95

I'd be happy like you if I didn't think it will be another heavy downport like Attack on Titan and have a likely Digital Only launch in the West.

Powwa

Trust me, we didn't lose anything worthwhile.

Pellegri Testament said:
Considering it's complete lack of sales both in Japan and in the West, there was clearly enough problems with the game that no one wanted to talk about it. If anything we dodged a bullet by not getting it on Vita.

Well I got it for dirt cheap and enjoyed main campaign but I'd be pissed if I would pay the full price for it.

Shizuka

Well I got it for dirt cheap and enjoyed main campaign but I'd be pissed if I would pay the full price for it.

The redeeming point is that it's like watching the anime, except it faces a tough conundrum: it's made for fans of the series that most likely already watched the anime, so it doesn't do anything new for those, while still offering a lesser experience if compared to watching the anime itself for those unfamiliar with the series.

Pata

The main question I have with Stardew Valley now is:

What are the odds that Sony eventually forks out money to Chucklefish/ConcernedApe in order to get a Vita port done if the demand is there?

Prelude.

The main question I have with Stardew Valley now is:

What are the odds that Sony eventually forks out money to Chucklefish/ConcernedApe in order to get a Vita port done if the demand is there?
Start tweeting @giocorsi. That's probably the only way.

Start tweeting @giocorsi. That's probably the only way.

Did that as soon as I saw, haha. He's stepped in to save a few things, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Now you've got me thinking, I hope he signed Stoic on to port Banner Saga 2 as well. Would kinda be a shame to only get the first.

18-Volt

You have to look at the bright side. On E3 week, Vita got 5 announcements: Akiba's Beat, Fate/Extella, Berserk, Mystery Gensokyo and Root Letter. 3DS got only one, Story of Seasons Trio of Towns. Things are more depressing for 3DS and it is supposed to be Nintendo's only alive platform until new handheld launches god knows when.

You have to look at the bright side. On E3 week, Vita got 5 announcements: Akiba's Beat, Fate/Extella, Berserk, Mystery Gensokyo and Root Letter. 3DS got only one, Story of Seasons Trio of Towns. Things are more depressing for 3DS and it is supposed to be Nintendo's only alive platform until new handheld launches god knows when.

Berserk as well, so 6 :p

OT: NISA are attending AX again this year:

http://nisamerica.com/ax2016/

Hardly surprising news and last year was an absolute bust for them iirc, but you never know. They've announced a lot of stuff there in the past. I'll be crossing my fingers for Hero Must Die.

Prelude.

Root Letter was already confirmed for localization btw. Just like God Wars.

OT: NISA are attending AX again this year:

http://nisamerica.com/ax2016/
Hopefully they'll deliver. They're quickly falling off the radar and now they even skipped a Kadokawa game.

Powwa

I'm only interested in Berserk out of those games but that is good enough for me. Didn't expect anything, already got something I'm interested in!

Shizuka

Playing the devil's advocate, but the reason we're getting all those titles is because they're all multiplatform. Story of Seasons is a 3DS-exclusive title. How many exclusive Vita titles were announced on E3 week?

18-Volt

Playing the devil's advocate, but the reason we're getting all those titles is because they're all multiplatform. Story of Seasons is a 3DS-exclusive title. How many exclusive Vita titles were announced on E3 week?

It doesn't matter if they are not exclusive, in the end Vita is getting games and the platform is very much alive. 3DS couldn't even have got multi platform games. And majority of games coming out for it will be published & localized by Nintendo. What's even worse is 3DS rarely gets game announcements in Japan, let alone localization announcements. Tons of Vita games are currently lined up for localization and Sony localizes none of them.

Can we not do console wars bullshit. Comparing the 3DS and the Vita is a waste of time in 2016. They have widely divorced libraries, are supported in very different ways, and have had very different levels of success.

the "Oh 3DS isn't getting games but Vita is!" thing is nonsensical.

Shizuka

Can we not do console wars bullshit. Comparing the 3DS and the Vita is a waste of time in 2016. They have widely divorced libraries, are supported in very different ways, and have had very different levels of success.

Thank you.

18-Volt

I was actually trying to point out that only PS4/Xbox One/PC get announcements at E3, being forgotten or ignored is not specific thing for Vita. Despite this we got 4 game announcements, 1 confirmation, I think that's pretty good. Not to mention we got announcements of Criminal Girls 2 and Dragon Quest Builders previous week. There's absolutely nothing to get depressed about.

I heard tons of good things about Rabi Ribi and almost bought it on Steam before. exciting

27624138486_491657c735_h.jpg

Semi-excited for Fault, but I always kinda thought it was coming at some point since they did promise it all those years ago.

Pox Nora is kinda cool. Has an offline skirmish mode, so that's something. Wish it was an RTS instead though :p

Pata

Action Henk isn't outright cancelled by the sounds of it, which is something I guess.
And it seems we aren't getting Hue either by the looks of it (not only no mention in the blog, as you mentioned in your tweet, but no mention in the game's website or in Curve's website either)

And it seems we aren't getting Hue either by the looks of it (not only no mention in the blog, as you mentioned in your tweet, but no mention in the game's website or in Curve's website either)

Didn't respond to it in that tweet either, so I'm guessing it's gone.

incpdo

Didn't watch the conference, but supposedly a few things announced on the blog afterwards:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/playstation-e3-2016-press-conference-recap/

Fault Milestone One; Pox Nora & Rabi Ribi.
nice. with all the announcements made in the past 2 weeks vita wise i dont get the depressive comments. i just hope odin sophere to have some profit for Vanillaware so we can get their last game

i have already 2 games i want in 2017: god wars, summon night and maybe a 3rd game if Berserk is any good

Top Bottom