• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

RK128

Did someone compile all pre-E3/E3 Vita announcements?

I think this image Flunky made on Twitter covers all of it.

Ck8-CshUUAAc6QM.jpg

And I wrote an article going over the announcement/reannouncement of Vita titles Fault Milestone One & Rabi-Rabi.

RK128

Are you sure Rabi-Ribi is getting a physical release? The PR doesn't seem to state that it is...

I'm not sure honestly; the image with the game listing is from Flunky :D. Here is his tweet (which the game list image comes from).

https://twitter.com/Flunkie/status/742880686609039360/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Edit: Found the tweet where Limited Run games shows all the games they will be bringing to Vita.

https://twitter.com/Tentacle_Blue/status/743374079588077568

heringer

Hey Vitabros, help me out.

I have two PSN accounts. One is US and the other BR. At the moment I have one memory card and its activated under the BR account. I want to change to the US account and when my 32gb card arrive I'll use that with my BR account.

I already uploaded all of my saves, so I can wipe everything no problem.

What is the best way to do this? I've read something about 1 activation for every 6 months or something, so I just want to be safe.

edit: solved!

ZoronMaro

Played Grand Kingdom demo and I'm definitely not regretting my pre-order
even though I had to go through NISA's shitty store to get the vita version of the LE
. The art, designs, music, voice acting are all just as good if not better than Vanillaware. I'm not quite sold on the gameplay though mostly because the tutorial was not fun at all and there's not much to do after you finish that intro stuff (that's how demos work though).

It's a shame that Vanillaware just released such a phenomenal game though, so Grand Kingdom doesn't look as good in comparison. Odin Sphere had less in the demo and got me way more excited for it, but that is a much simpler game so it's not a fair comparison. If we had gotten Grand Kingdom earlier or later I'd be super pumped, but as it stands I'm probably going to throw it straight into the backlog once I get it which is a shame.

Shizuka

Played Grand Kingdom demo and I'm definitely not regretting my pre-order
even though I had to go through NISA's shitty store to get the vita version of the LE
. The art, designs, music, voice acting are all just as good if not better than Vanillaware. I'm not quite sold on the gameplay though mostly because the tutorial was not fun at all and there's not much to do after you finish that intro stuff (that's how demos work though).

It's a shame that Vanillaware just released such a phenomenal game though, so Grand Kingdom doesn't look as good in comparison. Odin Sphere had less in the demo and got me way more excited for it, but that is a much simpler game so it's not a fair comparison. If we had gotten Grand Kingdom earlier or later I'd be super pumped, but as it stands I'm probably going to throw it straight into the backlog once I get it which is a shame.

VGP is selling that limited edition and the store ships worldwide.

Clive

Digital only... what are they thinking...

Save money, reduce risk. Wish they could at least print a few thousand copies and send them to VGP/Play-Asia/LRG or someone else who is willing to stock it.

It's understandable though, the Vita is disappearing from the retail market sadly.

Have any of you guys played this game? How was it received in Japan? Famitsu score was the only thing I could find, and it doesn't seem that promising (30/40). Saw that there are Vita bundles of it over there though so, it must be relatively popular.

Only thing I've seen is a handful of gameplay trailers that make it look to be really janky, I'm honestly not interested in it at all because of that. It's nice that they're bringing it out over here, just there isn't exactly a lack of higher quality games that Atlus could have picked up instead.

Seriously, make use of that AquaPlus partnership guys....

Caligula is probably my least expected announcement, awesome. Complaining about digital only at this point is pretty silly though.

Now where is Utawarerumono

18-Volt

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/1...americas-europe-spring-2017-playstation-vita/

Guess Atlus is bringing Caligula over to the West next year, as digital only.

Atlus do what XSEEDon't.

Caligula is probably my least expected announcement, awesome. Complaining about digital only at this point is pretty silly though.

Now where is Utawarerumono

Nowhere, it's probably never coming. Rumors say Aquaplus don't want their games localized anymore due to disagreement they had with Atlus with distribution of Dungeon Travelers 2.

Caligula news is both thrilling and disappointing. I'm thrilled because it's coming and I honestly wasn't sure it was, I'm disappointed because it's digital-only and there doesn't seem to be any hope of physical (Atlus don't have much of history of Asian-English that I'm aware of).

Wonder what caused them to do that. I know there's less expenses, but there's also less sales potential surely. They managed to get Odin Sphere out physically just last month.

I'll still buy it, but hoping something can be worked out with NISA before then or something.

Also yeah, seems like Utawarerumono is being skipped. Thought they'd be all over a PS4 game at this point. Real shame.

Well a localization announcement of Utawarerumono or Dungeon Travelers 2-2 can always prove those rumors wrong, but so far it's nothing.

We're not about to get anything for DT 2-2 because Japan hasn't even heard a word of it for over a year now. According to Aquaplus' site it's not even currently being worked on, as it has no news banner and the links to it's official site lead to an error page now.

heringer

Have any of you guys played this game? How was it received in Japan? Famitsu score was the only thing I could find, and it doesn't seem that promising (30/40). Saw that there are Vita bundles of it over there though so, it must be relatively popular.

I know Famitsu is not much of a reference, but in my experience RPG's with scores lower than 32 are usually not that good.

18-Volt

I know Famitsu is not much of a reference, but in my experience RPG's with scores lower than 32 are usually not that good.

There are lots of games got 30 from Famitsu but were still good, Senran Kagura games for instance.

The new review team seem to favor western games more, they usually give online shooters the most scores. The last Call of Duty game got 39 iirc.

heringer

There are lots of games got 30 from Famitsu but were still good, Senran Kagura games for instance.

The new review team seem to favor western games more, they usually give online shooters the most scores. The last Call of Duty game got 39 iirc.

Senran Kagura games are not RPG's though. Also, they are not that great. That's just my opinion, of course (except the genre part).

Well, the other way is to do a full backup. But that's less reliable and convenient than individual backups.
True. And the few times I've done a full backup it's taken forever.
I really wish save data was separate from game data. Like, who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Has any other system ever followed the same logic?

Top Bottom