• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Prelude.

It's not as easy as sticking a script in a game that already exists, as much as that's what I want to believe at the end of the day as well.
Isn't that what they did to the pirated pc version? Took the ps3 script and put it in the pc one in a matter of days? That's what I heard at least.

Shizuka

Isn't that what they did to the pirated pc version? Took the ps3 script and put it in the pc one in a matter of days? That's what I heard at least.

That didn't go through licensing, editing, QA, mastering, etc. Neither did it cost anything to the ones that pirated it.

Hey, VitaGAF. Need some advice.

So my first Vita was one of the early slims and it had some pretty noticeable discoloration on the screen. The piss filter effect basically. Whites erring more towards yellow. It was enough to be distracting to me, so a little while ago I ended up swapping my Vita for a used OLED. It had some scratches that didn't bother me at the time, but are bugging me a bit now (and are making me regret not taking a closer look at it before making the switch).

Anyways, a couple months ago I saw my friend's more recent Japanese Vita Slim, and it didn't have the screen discoloration at all. It wasn't quite as vibrant as the OLED, but it looked more than good enough for me. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm looking into replacing my Vita with a new one and I can't decide whether to go slim and hope they've actually improved or hunt down another OLED.

I'm leaning towards the former because of the various fun OLED model quirks (like when the battery wasn't communicating the charge properly and I had to open it up, disconnect it from the mobo, and reconnect it - or the general issues with the charger), but I'd like to hear some insight first - mostly if anyone else has a recently-ish released Slim model with a decent screen.

Out of nowhere. I forgot the franchise existed. Supposed to be fun exploration sim from Artdink. First three games stayed as Japan exclusive but lately Natsume and Degica are bringing A-Train games to west, maybe they could try this one too?

I kinda wish we were getting an A-Train game instead, there's like no city builders or RTS' on Vita at all. I know A-Train aren't the best games but at least they're something.

But yeah, Natsume have brought across a whole 1 Vita game in the whole of its life, so it seems pretty unlikely. Who knows I guess *shrug*

Shinriji

artdink
where is macross
call up bamco there is still time for delta

Please no. Triangle Frontier and Trial Frontier was trash (as Macross Frontier). Trial Frontier was Starlight Inception tier.

"Do you remember love?" remaster would be nice though.

Tohsaka

Apparently MeiQ has been refused classification in Australia.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...rXvsY9SNhuVodQvUAyskp73axxRE7tuZ+lJweCnU+iOI3

I wonder why and what IFI will do now

Saw this too, I look forward to them trying to push to have it rated again and it coming back with another "high impact sexual violence", because those are the best in T rated games. Outside of the character designs clearly meant to show off some boob, the game actually looks like it has less fanservice than the standard Neptunia game, all of which made it over there. It can't be because there's a loli in the game either, unless they somehow missed all of those in Neptunia when they were rating them.

Slixshot

Banned
So I bought a Vita! Just now! $120 brand new on Ebay. Will make my train rides much more entertaining. What should I buy? I have Persona 4 Golden already.

CazTGG

So I bought a Vita! Just now! $120 brand new on Ebay. Will make my train rides much more entertaining. What should I buy? I have Persona 4 Golden already.

Cross-posting this from a recent Vita recommendations thread:
TxK - Easily the best game on the system. This is a brilliant boilign down of your classic Jeff Minter tunnel shooter with a stellar soundtrack to boot. It's a shame "Atari" decided to threaten to sue him and Llamasoft over "TEPMEST 2000/TENPEST 2000".

Soul Sacrifice Delta - A unique take on the Monster Hunter-like genre (there has to be a better name for this genre), SSD tells a really intriguing story that i'd dare not spoil how viscerally satisfying the ending to is while being a challenging and thoroughly compelling adventure along the way with a fantastic multiplayer mode to boot.

Genroku Legends - This one gets overlooked a lot since it's technically DLC for Muramasa Rebirth. That being said, it's original content and a delightful tetralogy at that, building on the solid foundation of the original Muramasa with some charming characters and stories to boot.

Dokuro - A charming, if surprisingly challenging, puzzle title that has one unforgettable presentation.

Mind=0 - I seem to be in the minority in liking this game, but said fondness is not unwarranted. While the story is Persona-lite, the combat system is incredibly unique and highly challenging (so much so that i'd honestly recommend playing on Easy when you get about halfway through).

What kind of stuff do you like? My 5 favourite things on Vita:

1. The DanganRonpa visual novels (1/2)
2. Hotline Miami 1 & 2
3. Steins;Gate
4. The Atelier Arland Trilogy (Rorona/Totori/Meruru)
5. WipEout 2048

Watching a Caligula stream

https://www.twitch.tv/hamachin

Looks complicated but really interesting. In the area he's in right now, there's no battle theme, instead the music is only instrumental and once you start a battle vocals set in which is really neat. Not sure if that's always like that. Terrible loading times between areas though.

People have already posted a lot of great suggestions, but to add on:

• Disgaea 3 and/or 4 - Excellent ports of the PS3 games. 4 especially is gorgeous and a lot of fun.
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - Really good for short bursts of play. Enjoyable dungeon crawler mixed with some great character creation/RPG elements. Read up on it a bit and see if it would be up your alley.
  • Muramasa Rebirth - Excellent ARPG from Vanillaware. Definitive version of the game.
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - Another excellent Vanillaware ARPG. I've heard the Vita version's great.
  • Sayonara Umihara Kawase - Very fun and charming platformer. Extremely unique concept, pretty sure it comes with the SFC original as well.
  • Trails of Cold Steel - Good Falcom RPG - part of the Legend of Heroes series. Especially if you enjoyed Trails in the Sky (PSP/PC) it's worth picking up.
  • Tales of Hearts R - I've got a Tales series bias, but it's... an alright game. Fun combat if nothing else. Feels like an early PS2/late PS1 JRPG, right down to its world map, which is charming in its own right.
  • Atelier Ayesha - Not the best performance framerate-wise, but a really nice game. Great for portable play.

yaffi

Looks complicated but really interesting. In the area he's in right now, there's no battle theme, instead the music is only instrumental and once you start a battle vocals set in which is really neat. Not sure if that's always like that. Terrible loading times between areas though.

I wonder if the vocal tracks are going to cause licensing issues.

Saphirax

Watching that stream:

tumblr_o858likrNV1ubaovlo1_400.gif

Pls, don't be trash.

Do you guys think Vita can have a fairly lengthy tail of games coming in limited physical form?

I was just thinking about how Soedesco apparently cancelled the NA release of Teslagrad physical version because retailers weren't willing to stock it, yet that news was followed the following day by Shovel Knight getting a limited physical release.

So clearly Vita doesn't have a future on retail shelves, it's got a dedicated enough fanbase who will buy releases if they can be managed.

Although I don't suspect it'll change the fortunes of games getting ported in the first place (why is Transistor still not on Vita?), at least it gives a little bonus incentive for devs to bring their games across.

Chuy

Hey, VitaGAF. Need some advice.

So my first Vita was one of the early slims and it had some pretty noticeable discoloration on the screen. The piss filter effect basically. Whites erring more towards yellow. It was enough to be distracting to me, so a little while ago I ended up swapping my Vita for a used OLED. It had some scratches that didn't bother me at the time, but are bugging me a bit now (and are making me regret not taking a closer look at it before making the switch).

Anyways, a couple months ago I saw my friend's more recent Japanese Vita Slim, and it didn't have the screen discoloration at all. It wasn't quite as vibrant as the OLED, but it looked more than good enough for me. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm looking into replacing my Vita with a new one and I can't decide whether to go slim and hope they've actually improved or hunt down another OLED.

I'm leaning towards the former because of the various fun OLED model quirks (like when the battery wasn't communicating the charge properly and I had to open it up, disconnect it from the mobo, and reconnect it - or the general issues with the charger), but I'd like to hear some insight first - mostly if anyone else has a recently-ish released Slim model with a decent screen.
Go with the slim.
The newer models don't have the yellow tinting effect anymore to my knowledge. Believe it was a hardware mistake that only effected the early models.

As for the screen having owned both the original and the slim models the slim''s screen is inferior to the OLED one but not enough to justify purchasing it.

Shizuka

Do you guys think Vita can have a fairly lengthy tail of games coming in limited physical form?

I was just thinking about how Soedesco apparently cancelled the NA release of Teslagrad physical version because retailers weren't willing to stock it, yet that news was followed the following day by Shovel Knight getting a limited physical release.

So clearly Vita doesn't have a future on retail shelves, it's got a dedicated enough fanbase who will buy releases if they can be managed.

Although I don't suspect it'll change the fortunes of games getting ported in the first place (why is Transistor still not on Vita?), at least it gives a little bonus incentive for devs to bring their games across.

Disappointed with that, but at least we can always import a physical copy from Europe.

At this stage anyone wanting Vita physical should be ready to import from Asia / EU / USA

Agreed. I've been importing for various systems for years and I import Vita titles regularly. It helps that Asia is releasing English versions more these days for the Vita.

I do see things slowing down for the handheld next year though in terms of physical releases (this year still seems decent), Asia and especially Japan seem like they'll crank out games for a while keeping the system going for me. Makes me wonder how long the system will last in Japan, since it seems almost impossible that Sony will make another handheld, I'm hoping it lasts for quite a while longer over there.

Oh well, either way I still have my enormous backlog of Vita titles to work through!

Go with the slim.
The newer models don't have the yellow tinting effect anymore to my knowledge. Believe it was a hardware mistake that only effected the early models.

As for the screen having owned both the original and the slim models the slim''s screen is inferior to the OLED one but not enough to justify purchasing it.

Thanks for the advice, sounds good to me! I'll look into getting one soon.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Ah I knew it.
Glad I already imported it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_2Zf15SwBg&feature=youtu.be&a

Marc the Geek posted his top 10 Vita games for the first half of 2016. I quite liked this just because for a while now I've seen most Vita recommendation lists dominated by Japanese games, and Marc's list is pretty much western stuff. Except his #1, lol

10. Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
9. XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus
8. A Boy and his Blob
7. Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
6. Hitman Go
5. Assassin's Creed Chronicles
4. Volume
3. LEGO Marvel Avengers
2. Severed
1. Odin Sphere

Sorry to plug myself twice here, but a couple of interesting tweets I sent recently that got responses:

https://twitter.com/Kresnik258/status/745567888417906688

I mentioned a Vita release of "World to the West", the sort of pseudo-sequel to Teslagrad on Twitter, and it was liked by both Rain Games (the developer) and an artist from Rain Games. So if there's interest, maybe send them a tweet.

https://twitter.com/Kresnik258/status/745656852474560512

I also Tweeted Super Icon about Vektor Wars. I'm kinda iffy on them, because they clearly take on far too many projects and never finish them (they once announced VTrax for Vita only to cancel it, alongside various other stuff), but they still seem interested in bringing this one and they do have Vita dev kits as they've developed Indoor Sports World for it. If you like neon-soaked 3D shooters on Vita, give it a look and maybe send them a tweet :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_2Zf15SwBg&feature=youtu.be&a

Marc the Geek posted his top 10 Vita games for the first half of 2016. I quite liked this just because for a while now I've seen most Vita recommendation lists dominated by Japanese games, and Marc's list is pretty much western stuff. Except his #1, lol

10. Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
9. XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus
8. A Boy and his Blob
7. Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
6. Hitman Go
5. Assassin's Creed Chronicles
4. Volume
3. LEGO Marvel Avengers
2. Severed
1. Odin Sphere

Excellent list. I only own/have played half of those at the moment (I'm slipping behind!).

18-Volt

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/first-look-neo-atlas-1469

Neo Atlas 1469 looks neat :eek:

This is gonna be another one like Fuuraiki 3 or Daisenryaku where I think the idea is awesome but it has shit all chance of coming west.

It's beautiful, first time in 3D. I really want this to come to west but Artdink is the least likely Japanese company to give a shit about western releases. Various publishers has brought A-Train to west, Maxis, Natsume, Ignition, Degica... Vita exclusivity really decreases its chances but I'll keep a tiny piece of hope. Maybe.

Slixshot

Banned
Are there any great puzzle platformers similar to FEZ? That's one of my favorite games and I'll likely replay it! But if there are any gems that I've missed that are similar, I'd be even happier!

18-Volt

Are there any great puzzle platformers similar to FEZ? That's one of my favorite games and I'll likely replay it! But if there are any gems that I've missed that are similar, I'd be even happier!

Try The Swapper. Best Puzzle/2D Platform on Vita, better than Fez imo. I should warn you, some puzzle will drive you mad.

Takao

Banned
It's assumed PS4 only no?

It has only been announced for PS4, but a late PC port is bound to happen. I don't think it's impossible for NX and iOS/Android get one too. But yeah, I mostly wanted a response from SE as to why it's not on Vita. They're usually pretty open to talk about their Vita snubs. Not this time!

Top Bottom