• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

yaffi

It has only been announced for PS4, but a late PC port is bound to happen. I don't think it's impossible for NX and iOS/Android get one too. But yeah, I mostly wanted a response from SE as to why it's not on Vita. They're usually pretty open to talk about their Vita snubs. Not this time!

Probably because "screw this, we can do what we want and people are going to complain either way."

Takao

Banned
I think it's because they know whatever BS (big screen experience, poor eyesight, etc.) they say will make it back to Japan this time. Japanese fans weren't thrilled by the PS4 exclusivity.

I think it's because they know whatever BS (big screen experience, poor eyesight, etc.) they say will make it back to Japan this time. Japanese fans weren't thrilled by the PS4 exclusivity.

still think it's possible it's announced for vita later. SE is a mess.

It's weird not having Assassin's Creed, Civilization Revolution and XCOM looming over us in the "are they real or not?" fashion anymore. Although it was frustrating, I quite liked all the rumors and leaks surrounding them.

Powwa

It's weird not having Assassin's Creed, Civilization Revolution and XCOM looming over us in the "are they real or not?" fashion anymore. Although it was frustrating, I quite liked all the rumors and leaks surrounding them.

I'm still annoyed Vita still has 0 basketball games, I'd love a 2K16 on this thing (When I think about it 3DS also doesn't have a "real" basketball game either, weird).

Takao

Banned
it's literally been 10 years since the last nhl game on a portable platform with buttons
corsi and boyes are canadian aren't they
what's up with this

Weird, I thought Marvelous Europe would handle that, being XSEED's sister branch and all.
They said a while ago that they wouldn't. Not sure what they're doing right now at all, as they're also skipping Corpse Party 3DS

Twitter activity also went down from daily tweets to maybe once a week

Their last release was Nitroplus in April and if they only take on XSEED projects the earliest next release will be 2017 with Fate or Akiba

I have a tiny hope they're working on something themselves

Ryan95

Cold Steel II coming to EU form NISA this autumn. Expected but nice to finally have confirmation

https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/746025051317805056

This Autumn is packed for me, God Eater 1+2 in September, World of Final Fantasy in October, ToCSII probably between October and late November, SAO likely in November. It's a glorious JRPG season (not even counting DQB, which could be a 2017 purchase for me, or a sweet Christmas gift, who knows)

We never got Valiant Hearts on Vita did we? I bought it on PS4 and iOS. I was hoping Ubi would put it on Vita and do a release like child of Light. VH is my favourite Ubi game in years.

We never got Valiant Hearts on Vita did we? I bought it on PS4 and iOS. I was hoping Ubi would put it on Vita and do a release like child of Light. VH is my favourite Ubi game in years.

Unfortunately not. I was really hoping for a physical release like what we got for Child of Light but its just not ever happened. Its a real pity as both Rayman games and Child of Light were excellent on the Vita, so I think it would have been ported well as well.

Unfortunately not. I was really hoping for a physical release like what we got for Child of Light but its just not ever happened. Its a real pity as both Rayman games and Child of Light were excellent on the Vita, so I think it would have been ported well as well.

Ubi gave us AC Chronciles though which is nice. I bought the physical.

Ubi gave us AC Chronciles though which is nice. I bought the physical.

Yeah, it was nice of them to release the game. I ended up plat'ing the game, though it seemed clear to me that while China was well designed/tested the games got worse as I played through them - India had a couple of odd glitches here and there but nothing too bad but Russia was pretty bad in terms of several glitches that forced me to restart the checkpoint (or level). Plus that last Russia level was terrible, I get the impression that the devs gave up caring by that point!

Yeah, it was nice of them to release the game. I ended up plat'ing the game, though it seemed clear to me that while China was well designed/tested the games got worse as I played through them - India had a couple of odd glitches here and there but nothing too bad but Russia was pretty bad in terms of several glitches that forced me to restart the checkpoint (or level). Plus that last Russia level was terrible, I get the impression that the devs gave up caring by that point!

nice. Im barely into it but yea.

No physical Asia release with english language for Attack on Titan:
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/746522807660486660

rip dream

Slixshot

Banned
My Vita came last night with my 32gb stick. What a nice looking/feeling system. People are right: if you don't have the OLED to compare the screens, the LCD is great! Happy to have the handheld!

My Vita came last night with my 32gb stick. What a nice looking/feeling system. People are right: if you don't have the OLED to compare the screens, the LCD is great! Happy to have the handheld!
Good choice on getting the Slim. It's a sexy machine!
What's the first game you'll play on it?

Slixshot

Banned
Good choice on getting the Slim. It's a sexy machine!
What's the first game you'll play on it?

Well everyone keeps talking about this Zero Time Dilemma, so I think I'll play through Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward! I started it in bed last night and got out of the first room. Super creepy game! :)

kurahador

Well everyone keeps talking about this Zero Time Dilemma, so I think I'll play through Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward! I started it in bed last night and got out of the first room. Super creepy game! :)

You really should play the first game in the series first --- 999. VLR on starts out as newcomer friendly. Later on it becomes more about stuff/characters from the first game.

I wonder if Koei-Tecmo are done with Asian-English releases of their Vita games. They went through a phase of doing loads of the ones that were digital-only in the west (Deception IV Nightmare Princess; Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires; Samurai Warriors 4-II) but now they've skipped a few in a row (Samurai Warriors 4 Empires; Attack on Titan).

I hope not. Their game files are usually massive lol.

Shizuka

I wonder if Koei-Tecmo are done with Asian-English releases of their Vita games. They went through a phase of doing loads of the ones that were digital-only in the west (Deception IV Nightmare Princess; Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires; Samurai Warriors 4-II) but now they've skipped a few in a row (Samurai Warriors 4 Empires; Attack on Titan).

I hope not. Their game files are usually massive lol.

I honesty believe they cancelled AoT physical Vita in Asia just to secure a better deal with LRG. I know it doesn't make sense, but I can't shake that idea off my head.

I honesty believe they cancelled AoT physical Vita in Asia just to secure a better deal with LRG. I know it doesn't make sense, but I can't shake that idea off my head.

I wish that were true, but it seems hard to believe. I could see LRG doing the Atelier games but not things like AoT too.

Slixshot

Banned
I just finished ZTD and am replaying it. Please play 999 on DS or iOS if yo ucan. Then play VLR. then ZTD. It is a lot of committing to do but it is worth it. trust me.

999 has been hinted as coming to the Vita. AX is from this Friday-Sunday and Aksys is going to have a panel there. They'll probably announce it there.

You got it! I'll wait and see.

On another note: any notable indies coming to vita outside of Hyper Light Drifter and Cosmic Star Heroine?

heringer

But I don't have that game :( would a summary work?

Yes, a summary works. There's a video summary on Youtube that should get you covered. VLR's dependance on 999 is overstated.

That being said, a summary would spoil you on a great game. So it would be best to wait for the Vita version of 999 to come out.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
You got it! I'll wait and see.

On another note: any notable indies coming to vita outside of Hyper Light Drifter and Cosmic Star Heroine?

Personally I'm looking forward to Drifter. It's a space exploration/trading game that I think is on track for release this year. The last time I saw the game (couple months ago) it was shaping up really nicely.

Top Bottom