• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

18-Volt

Disappointment.

TBH, we never have had "disappointment" in previous AX/JX. Namco always have something in their sleeve, like last year's Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. This year we got some great potential announcements too: Gundam Breaker 3, Sd Gundam G Genesis and big surprise of the night: Digimon World Next order. I also expect Namco to have 3DS Jump games too: Dragon ball Fusion and One Piece Grand Arena.

NISA also has a presence in both conventions but last year all they announced were couple of anime localizations. They had game announcements before that, so who knows, maybe they'll have some surprises this year. Cladun Sengoku and Rose should be next in line.

So, after only owning a Playstation TV since it's been out, I've finally decided to get my first and very own Playstation Vita! Just in time for Zero Time Dilemma! :D

Cl-jjFpUoAA1Y1x.jpg

Better late than never, right? xD

Saphirax

TBH, we never have had "disappointment" in previous AX/JX. Namco always have something in their sleeve, like last year's Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. This year we got some great potential announcements too: Gundam Breaker 3, Sd Gundam G Genesis and big surprise of the night: Digimon World Next order. I also expect Namco to have 3DS Jump games too: Dragon ball Fusion and One Piece Grand Arena.

NISA also has a presence in both conventions but last year all they announced were couple of anime localizations. They had game announcements before that, so who knows, maybe they'll have some surprises this year. Cladun Sengoku and Rose should be next in line.

I'm giving Bamco a break because they've brought over a lot of their games, but I don't see how NISA does not disappoint unless they suddenly decided to take interest in the bigger games from their parent company. The Cladun game is a mess and Rose is a smaller game. Not to mention how we're already getting Yomawari this year.

Aksys is going to announce 999 (Steam/Vita) and VLR (Steam), but I really, really hope they have at least one more, non-trashy Vita game.

Don't put the likes of Mind Zero along with Magus. Mind Zero had a good OST at the very least, not completely unredeemable.

Mind Zero is the worst game I played on Vita including borerlands 2 on it. Disappointed in you Shizuka :p game deserves no praise other than maybe the VA cast lol.

Saphirax

Don't put the likes of Mind Zero along with Magus. Mind Zero had a good OST at the very least, not completely unredeemable.

I know you don't despise the game like I do. But the game was utterly soulless. I tried 3-4 times to finish it and I never could. That crunching sound is going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

Trashy as in something like Mind Zero, that Langrisser game for the 3DS, Magus.

I don't think we're going to get another Magus. The next game Aksys funded development of was Zero Time Dilemma, so they seem to have learned their lesson.

Fair enough on the other two, I forgot about them. I wasn't a fan of Sorcery Saga myself either, but still, lots of the niche stuff at least looks good so I'm happy for them to grab most of it so I can at least try!

Acquire is the most "trashy" japanese developer to release games in Japan, other than the Akiba games.

Disagree. Acquire's problem is usually that their ambitions are often much higher than their budget, but I respect them for at least trying to make things like sandbox stealth action games or open-world brawlers on the handheld. Plus, I've enjoyed all the Acquire games I've played (Aegis of Earth; Akiba; Shinobido; Way of the Sarmurai)

18-Volt

I'm giving Bamco a break because they've brought over a lot of their games, but I don't see how NISA does not disappoint unless they suddenly decided to take interest in the bigger games from their parent company. The Cladun game is a mess and Rose is a smaller game. Not to mention how we're already getting Yomawari this year.

Aksys is going to announce 999 (Steam/Vita) and VLR (Steam), but I really, really hope they have at least one more, non-trashy Vita game.

Don't give Bamco "a break", they don't have to do much to bring most of those games, Gundam stuff are localized by Asian Namco, all they have to do is put some servers for western release. Plus they don't have anything for fall 2016, most of their titles (SAO Hollow Realization, Tekken 7 and Tales of Berseria) are for 2017. Gundam stuff would fill the gap. I can't see Digimon as a 2016 game, though.

There was a Asterisk War rumor too, if it's real JX is the perfect place to announce the game.

Thanks to Takao

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48950789.html

NIS apologising for Coven stock shortages in Japan, seems to be selling well then!

In completely unrelated news, I bought Vektor Wars on Steam today, enjoyed it. It's a weird mix of retro aesthetic; wave-based shooting and Jumping-Flash style collect 'em up.

Super Icon have expressed interest in bringing it to Vita in the past so if I've at all sold you on the game, maybe send them a tweet about it (they recently finished the WiiU version, so I hope it's still coming since they clearly don't mind releasing on dying consoles!)

Saphirax

Don't give Bamco "a break", they don't have to do much to bring most of those games, Gundam stuff are localized by Asian Namco, all they have to do is put some servers for western release. Plus they don't have anything for fall 2016, most of their titles (SAO Hollow Realization, Tekken 7 and Tales of Berseria) are for 2017. Gundam stuff would fill the gap. I can't see Digimon as a 2016 game, though.

There was a Asterisk War rumor too, if it's real JX is the perfect place to announce the game.

I said break because all the games I was interested in, Bamco brought over/is bringing over. The only other game I'm semi-interested in is Digimon Next Order :p.

Their output has been pretty good, I'm sure they'll have some new games to announce.

I feel like we shouldn't be starting this again after the "XSEED don't have anything else to localize!" chatter from earlier this year.

P.S. SAO is fall 2016.

18-Volt

YAASSS! I hope NISA localizes this.

Actually they tend to skip the games if they sell well. Games that sell less has more chance. Cover up the costs, you know. That horror VN game (shin hariyagami, I guess?) sold more than Criminal Girls 2.

But I think Coven will be localized, steam porting has made NISA not to worry about Vita only releases. Still they need to announce Hero Must Die first.

P.S. SAO is fall 2016.

E3 PR said early 2017 and that seems to be the latest update.

E3 PR said early 2017 and that seems to be the latest update.

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/product/sword-art-online-hollow-realization/playstation-4

Release Date

Where have you read 2017?

Actually they tend to skip the games if they sell well. Games that sell less has more chance. Cover up the costs, you know. That horror VN game (shin hariyagami, I guess?) sold more than Criminal Girls 2.

Multiple localization studios have pointed out that games are assessed on a case-by-case basis of their viability in the west, not domestic sales.

Shizuka

Multiple localization studios have pointed out that games are assessed on a case-by-case basis of their viability in the west, not domestic sales.

That's true for most studios. Except for Acquire. If it bombs, it's most certainly getting localized, unless it's using a prehistoric engine that refrains companies from localizing their games, like the first Akiba's Trip and the second Wizardry.

That reminds me, I need Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls on the Vita. Does Acquire have a Twitter or something like that?

^ yeah that "game sold well/bad in Japan" as a reason for localization never made sense to me.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Coven and DG2 will be localized. No reason to worry. Why would NISA localize tons of DRPGs and then ignore their own if it's good? And DG2 is Kadokawa

That's true for most studios. Except for Acquire. If it bombs, it's most certainly getting localized, unless it's using a prehistoric engine that refrains companies from localizing their games, like the first Akiba's Trip and the second Wizardry.

Didn't Akiba's Trip do really well for Acquire, though? :p

^ yeah that "game sold well/bad in Japan" as a reason for localization never made sense to me.

We got Arslan (I like this example for some reason) from Koei, which they even made a PC port for us. That alone should be enough to tell people that a game bombing in Japan isn't enough to dissuade a company from doing a localization for it, which also ends up bombing here.

Thanks to Takao

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48950789.html

NIS apologising for Coven stock shortages in Japan, seems to be selling well then!

Hopefully they didn't just base print numbers off of how their past few games have sold and it actually had a decent print to start off with. It actually looks pretty great from what I've seen.

incpdo

So someone said Borderlands 2 is the worst game they ever played on Vita...im guessing that person never tried one single playstation mobile game.Lol
I had so many hours of content and so much fun with that game and i dont even like fps games at all.

Olengie

I'll be at AX. I'll keep yall updated.

The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel 2 is coming out on 11. November 2016. in Europe. Amazon Germany leaks the releasedate as usual:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01HNORE3G/

I'd still consider it a placeholder until anything official is said. We haven't even gotten an official date for the US yet and online retailers have listed it as being September 6th for several months now (even though it's either that date or it gets pushed a few months to avoid every other jrpg/AAA game that are coming).

Amazon Germany has a history with NIS America release dates in Europe. They leak almost every game NIS America is publishing here. So yeah it's not official, but most likely legit.

I can not tell you guys how happy I am about Adventures of Mana. I'll buy it and drop everything else for now. I already gave up on it ;_;

redcrayon

So pleased to see Adventures of Mana. I played it as Mystic Quest as a kid, and despite playing Secret of Mana on the SNES at roughly the same time, I had no idea they were related. I only picked up Mystic Quest because it looked a bit like Link's Awakening on the back of the box.

Top Bottom