• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

fuck this

english asia dream is dead

probably no seven pirates either then :(

Had a feeling it was coming after nothing had been said about it for so long. probably just decided it was time to cut their losses and release it in one language. Honestly surprised about it though considering how well the English version of Chronicles has been doing for them, especially after lowering the price on it. Chronicles has almost consistently been their top Vita seller since release, only being topped by DOA for a few weeks or really good weekly sales on other games.

@Pellegri116 We honestly do not know for sure the status of Moero Crystal. We have inquired, and once more when we saw the listing with CHI.

This was also the reply I just got about it.

So if PlayAsia's listing is anything to go by, the Asian English version of Moero Crystal has been cancelled. They delisted the English/Chinese version earlier this morning (after not hearing a word about it since December) and then put it up again just recently as only having Chinese subs.

Hm. It'd been such a long time since the game came out in Japan I assumed this was the case.

Like you say, it seemed to be doing well for Play-Asia, maybe they'll give a push for it like they did with DOAX3.

So if PlayAsia's listing is anything to go by, the Asian English version of Moero Crystal has been cancelled. They delisted the English/Chinese version earlier this morning (after not hearing a word about it since December) and then put it up again just recently as only having Chinese subs.

Heavy Arms mentioned in a tweet (or email?) that Sony Asia won't publish (or print, not exactly sure) any english Asia Retails for the Vita anymore. That would fit to recent events, Moe Chronicle was published by them back in the days.

Maybe it's this?

Ud2ruFS.png

Heavy Arm are great for helping international collectors, but I really wouldn't rely on them for this kind of news.
It's HIGHLY unlikely that Sony Asia just decided to ban games that come with english language

Heavy Arms mentioned in a tweet (or email?) that Sony Asia won't publish (or print, not exactly sure) any english Asia Retails for the Vita anymore. That would fit to recent events, Moe Chronicle was published by them back in the days.

I'd imagine that's publish, since we have some English Asian retails planned for 2017 already (Super Robot Wars V)

18-Volt

I don't think that's the reason for Moe Crystal. Moe Chronicle got an English Asian release because originally it was slated for western release, game was translated and ready. But after the Monster Monpiece backlash they decided to not releasing any games that require censorship in west. So Moe Chronicle translation didn't go waste, they used it for Asian release. Play-asia assumed the sequel would get an English release too but IFI didn't say anything officially.

I'd imagine that's publish, since we have some English Asian retails planned for 2017 already (Super Robot Wars V)

Namco don't do translation job solely for Asian release. If there will be Asian English release of some games (like Gundam Breaker 3, Sd Gundam Generation) all will aslo be released in west too. Like Gundam Ex VS.

I don't think that's the reason for Moe Crystal. Moe Chronicle got an English Asian release because originally it was slated for western release, game was translated and ready. But after the Monster Monpiece backlash they decided to not releasing any games that require censorship in west. So Moe Chronicle translation didn't go waste, they used it for Asian release. Play-asia assumed the sequel would get an English release too but IFI didn't say anything officially.

IFI has nothing to do with this. And Play Asia didn't "assume" anything. Moe Crystal was announced as English/Chinese at TGS 2015, to be published by Sony Asia.

Maybe it's this?

Heavy Arm are great for helping international collectors, but I really wouldn't rely on them for this kind of news.
It's HIGHLY unlikely that Sony Asia just decided to ban games that come with english language

Yeah it was this one. I agree, their track record on news isn't always the best. I'm still not confident in an english Asia release for Dragon Quest Builders aswell, but let's hope for the best.

Namco don't do translation job solely for Asian release. If there will be Asian English release of some games (like Gundam Breaker 3, Sd Gundam Generation) all will aslo be released in west too. Like Gundam Ex VS.

That's lovely but I have no idea why you're telling me since it has nothing to do with what I said? o_O

Monster Monpiece came out over here a full year before an English Moe Chronicle did in Asia. IFI had made their decision to not release anymore censored games after all the backlash MM recieved, they had no part in the MC localization because of that. That's also clear to see considering the quality of the localization in MC, which was way below the standards IFI is capable of.

PlayAsia also assumed nothing when it came to Crystal, considering the news of it's localization was made at TGS in December last year. IFI was also not about to touch Crystal considering it was clear as day that it wouldn't make it over uncensored, just as Chronicles wouldn't have before it.

We'll likely know exactly what happened here soon anyway, as the Chinese version is meant to release next month. If the localization had been being worked on in any meaningful form, we likely would have gotten it within the next 2 months. Which just makes the whole thing seem odd that they'd wait this long to only end up releasing it in Chinese.

18-Volt

IFI has nothing to do with this. And Play Asia didn't "assume" anything. Moe Crystal was announced as English/Chinese at TGS 2015, to be published by Sony Asia.

Was it? I might have missed it then. Play-asia always assume things, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made it up.

That's lovely but I have no idea why you're telling me since it has nothing to do with what I said? o_O

Did they confirmed that SRW V English will be physical? If they're really dropping physical versions of English Asian versions, only way we can play them would be western releases. I'm hoping that some of those games (Gundam Breaker 3 etc) to be announced next week at AX/JX.

Did they confirmed that SRW V English will be physical? If they're really dropping physical versions of English Asian versions, only way we can play them would be western releases. I'm hoping that some of those games (Gundam Breaker 3 etc) to be announced next week at AX/JX.

I still don't know what that first post has to do with anything we're discussing :p

I dunno if they confirmed it, Play-Asia seem to think so. I don't see how Sony would get much of a say on it anyway, if a company wants to place an order of carts for an Asian-English release they're not going to say no, the carts get manufactured just the same as for any other language.

IvorB

Guys, I don't know if this is the best place to ask but I'm really struggling to find a good game to play on my Vita. I've been playing Toukiden: Kiwami and it was really awesome at first but is starting to become a bit repetitive and shallow. I've tried all the big name games like Killzone, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Ys: Celceta etc. I basically want something deep and complex that I can just sink my time into while traveling. Not really into small scale games (i.e. indies). I would like something with nice graphics too. A really great RPG would fit the bill so nicely. Can anyone recommend anything that's already out that's good?

dwr

Guys, I don't know if this is the best place to ask but I'm really struggling to find a good game to play on my Vita. I've been playing Toukiden: Kiwami and it was really awesome at first but is starting to become a bit repetitive and shallow. I've tried all the big name games like Killzone, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Ys: Celceta etc. I basically want something deep and complex that I can just sink my time into while traveling. Not really into small scale games (i.e. indies). I would like something with nice graphics too. A really great RPG would fit the bill so nicely. Can anyone recommend anything that's already out that's good?

There's a pretty big sale on EU PSN right now, some titles you may like:

*-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection €11.99
-Persona 4 Golden €5.99
-Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Digital Edition €19.99
-Atelier Series
-Freedom Wars €9.99 (among the "hunter" vita games, this is the one I liked the best. I found Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden quite shallow as well, but YMMV)
*-Resident Evil Revelations 2 €12.99
*-NINJA GAIDEN Σ2 PLUS and NINJA GAIDEN Σ PLUS €19.99
**-Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited €9.99
**-Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention €6.99
-Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star €14.99
-FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster €19.99
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel €19.99

*These are not RPGs but they're great

**I don't know if you're familiar with Disgaea games, they're SRPGs, but they can be fairly grindy. Good games nonetheless

If you can stomach the cutesy factor, the Atelier games are very deep RPGs that I find completely take over my time when I'm playing them and I don't start any other games.

heringer

-Persona 4 Golden €5.99
-Atelier Series
-Freedom Wars €9.99 (among the "hunter" vita games, this is the one I liked the best. I found Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden quite shallow as well, but YMMV)

**I don't know if you're familiar with Disgaea games, they're SRPGs, but they can be fairly grindy. Good games nonetheless

So jelly of the UE sale. :(

IvorB

-Persona 4 Golden €5.99
-Atelier Series

Thanks for these recommendations. I've just downloaded Persona. I'm skeptical that it's going to be something I like but at 6 quid and with all the hype I may as well give it a shot. Is the Resident Evil game any good? Also can I get Final Fantasy X-2 on it's own? I have no desire to play X again but I would give X-2 a try. Some of those I have from when I was in PS+ and the Disgaea games aren't for me (tried the demo). Thanks for the help!

If you can stomach the cutesy factor, the Atelier games are very deep RPGs that I find completely take over my time when I'm playing them and I don't start any other games.

Hmmm... a quick Google image search makes me think those games are not for me...

heringer

Thanks for these recommendations. I've just downloaded Persona. I'm skeptical that it's going to be something I like but at 6 quid and with all the hype I may as well give it a shot. Is the Resident Evil game any good? Also can I get Final Fantasy X-2 on it's own? I have no desire to play X again but I would give X-2 a try. Some of those I have from when I was in PS+ and the Disgaea games aren't for me (tried the demo). Thanks for the help!

Hmmm... a quick Google image search makes me think those games are not for me...

I wouldn't recommend the Vita version of Resident Evil Revelations 2, to be honest. It's a pretty terrible port.

You're definitely not alone in feeling that, I just think it's such a shame that a really stellar series of JRPG's like this gets overlooked due to something like that.

18-Volt

Gematsu with the scoops

Bandai Namco will announce its A.W. Phoenix Festa (PS Vita) localization at @AnimeExpo 2016

Hopefully that's not all they have at AX/JX. Gundam Breaker 3 and Digimon World Next Order are actually what people need.

Edit: It's coming on 7/26, little more than 3 weeks from now. Interesting.

RK128

Odd choice for a localization honestly; is the anime that popular? Saw very mixed impressions of it and after watching some of it myself.......kinda 'meh' to be honest :l.

But I'm hoping for a SAO Hollow Fragment with this game; outright fixing story issues I had with S1 of the show. So, maybe this will fix issues many have the anime.

Nice seeing Bamco continuing to support the Vita :D.

Saphirax

Odd choice for a localization honestly; is the anime that popular? Saw very mixed impressions of it and after watching some of it myself.......kinda 'meh' to be honest :l.

But I'm hoping for a SAO Hollow Fragment with this game; outright fixing story issues I had with S1 of the show. So, maybe this will fix issues many have the anime.

Nice seeing Bamco continuing to support the Vita :D.

From what I read, the game isn't that good.

Takao

Banned
Shocker :p

With the rapid release of this imminent, I'm not even sure I can cross my fingers for Asian-English physical D:

Sometimes Bamco SEA copies just float into existence unannounced. I saw nothing for Jojo's PS4 and yet Heavy Arm is selling it. Bamco SEA might be waiting for EU release date like they are with God Eater.

There has to be an Asian English version of Asterisk War, otherwise this makes no sense. Can we get Gundam Breaker 3 too?

Digimon World Next Order and SAO Hollow Realization are locks as far as I'm concerned.

Cornbread78

Random question, but is the very distant dream of ever getting a Tales of Innocence R localization completely dead at this point. Why wouldn't Bamco go for that with some brand name behind it?

Saphirax

Random question, but is the very distant dream of ever getting a Tales of Innocence R localization completely dead at this point. Why wouldn't Bamco go for that with some brand name behind it?

The chances of us getting TOI R in English are as equal as us getting Vesperia in English on a Sony console.

:(

Cornbread78

The chances of us getting TOI R in English are as equal as us getting Vesperia in English on a Sony console.

:(

Very unfortunate. It's already been translated, it would just be a matter of changing the text in the Vita version and dumping it on PSN... Makes no sense why Bamco does stuff like this..

Saphirax

Very unfortunate. It's already been translated, it would just be a matter of changing the text in the Vita version and dumping it on PSN... Makes no sense why Bamco does stuff like this..

Bamco has their strange ways. Still odd seeing how ToH and ToI were the two most requested games.

Cornbread78

Bamco has their strange ways. Still odd seeing how ToH and ToI were the two most requested games.

They could actually make money off a couple games that are already translated and ready to go, they just need to program text and release in NA.

ToI: R and ToV would be instant money makers, but have still yet to put that 1 last piece of work on them and release appropriately...

But hey, we get a game nobody wants, so we should be happy with that....

Saphirax

They could actually make money off a couple games that are already translated and ready to go, they just need to program text and release in NA.

ToI: R and ToV would be instant money makers, but have still yet to put that 1 last piece of work on them and release appropriately...

But hey, we get a game nobody wants, so we should be happy with that....

I'm not sure on the differences between ToI and ToR, but Vesperia wouldn't be as simple as that. As much as I'd like ToV, Bamco would not only have to port it to a viable console (PS4) they'd also have to translate all the additional content from the ps3 version that isn't in the 360 one. And that's not to mention that they couldn't possibly hire the same voice actors as back then. Especially Troy Baker.

18-Volt

The disappointment started early!

It's a game and it's for Vita. I'd say it's already much better than Sony E3 Conference.

There has to be an Asian English version of Asterisk War, otherwise this makes no sense. Can we get Gundam Breaker 3 too?

Digimon World Next Order and SAO Hollow Realization are locks as far as I'm concerned.

Hollow Realization is confirmed coming in 2017. Next Order is probably 2017 too, i can't see Namco skipping it after the crazy success of Cyber Sleuth.

Saphirax

It's a game and it's for Vita. I'd say it's already much better than Sony E3 Conference.

Hollow Realization is confirmed coming in 2017. Next Order is probably 2017 too, i can't see Namco skipping it after the crazy success of Cyber Sleuth.

I mean, I love my Vita and I understand the dwindling support but that doesn't mean I have to settle for scraps.

Props to all the people who can get some enjoyment from the game, but personally I don't see it. It looks really bad.

I mean, I love my Vita and I understand the dwindling support but that doesn't mean I have to settle for scraps.

Props to all the people who can get some enjoyment from the game, but personally I don't see it. It looks really bad.

Ya I have yet to see anything for this game that makes it look even "meh" at best. I guess it's great for the dozen or so that are fine with literal bottom of the barrel releases, but I have more than enough games coming up to even bother with giving this one the time of day.

Top Bottom