• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

dwr

Is the Resident Evil game any good?

I wouldn't recommend the Vita version of Resident Evil Revelations 2, to be honest. It's a pretty terrible port.

Terrible may be a bit harsh, but yeah, compared to the console and PC versions the graphics are quite a downgrade and loading times at the start of a level and after you die can be a pain. Framerate can be spotty at times. It's still playable, and a very decent game, but you may want to play it on PC or console.

Also can I get Final Fantasy X-2 on it's own? I have no desire to play X again but I would give X-2 a try.

Unfortunately no, they're bundled together.

P.S. The Ninja Gaiden games are great, I never played them before and I keep getting my ass kicked in the fourth mission at the moment. Very challenging games, recommended!

P.S. The Ninja Gaiden games are great, I never played them before and I keep getting my ass kicked in the fourth mission at the moment. Very challenging games, recommended!

NG Sigma 2 is an awful port, it has a terrible frame rate most of the time, with the game literally running in slow motion some of the time (when too many enemies appear on screen at once).

dwr

NG Sigma 2 is an awful port, it has a terrible frame rate most of the time, with the game literally running in slow motion some of the time (when too many enemies appear on screen at once).

Aww really? :\

I'm playing through Sigma 1, just reached chapter 5 and it was a blast so far.

I launched Sigma 2, I tried just the starting area and I didn't notice much problems, but yeah there's more stuff happening on the screen so I guess I'll have to deal with framerate issues.

Aww really? :\

I'm playing through Sigma 1, just reached chapter 5 and it was a blast so far.

I launched Sigma 2, I tried just the starting area and I didn't notice much problems, but yeah there's more stuff happening on the screen so I guess I'll have to deal with framerate issues.

Yeah, its ok right at the beginning but as soon as the number of on screen enemies starts counting up your screwed. I forget the exact modes included in the game, but I think there is a time trial mode you can try to see what I mean, or the co -op challenge mode (where you and the AI battle waves of foes, those modes are hit really hard by it).

Bought God Eater Resurrection. 51 mins left for download. Had to delete ray gigant and grand kingdom to make rookm forr it. It is painful using a 32gb card but wanting a few games on vita at all times.

IvorB

I wouldn't recommend the Vita version of Resident Evil Revelations 2, to be honest. It's a pretty terrible port.

Cool. Will avoid.

You're definitely not alone in feeling that, I just think it's such a shame that a really stellar series of JRPG's like this gets overlooked due to something like that.

Yeah it's a shame.

Terrible may be a bit harsh, but yeah, compared to the console and PC versions the graphics are quite a downgrade and loading times at the start of a level and after you die can be a pain. Framerate can be spotty at times. It's still playable, and a very decent game, but you may want to play it on PC or console.

Unfortunately no, they're bundled together.

I love Ninja Gaiden but I've played 1 and 2 on PS3 already. Shame about FF; I would have picked up X-2 easy. I think I'll skip Resident Evil though. Normally when people say "it's still playable" that's a bad sign.

Shizuka

I wonder if VGP will continue to stock NISA limited editions. I've been asking them for some time, but they've yet to open pre-orders for Banned Girls 2 and Psychi-Pass limited editions.

I wonder if we'll get a Gundam game in December again this year? We've had one every year for the last 3 years (Dynasty Gundam - 2013; Gundam Breaker 2 - 2014; Extreme Vs. Force - 2015). Hope so!

Takao

Banned
Oh yeah, good point. Though that's supposed to be out earlier than December isn't it?

We know the R3 English release is due out late this year. No idea about Japan. On one hand, the fall is looking really packed (less so on Vita than 3DS/PS4, but still) and Bamco likes December for Gundam. On the other hand, G-Gen Genesis was announced in Dec. 2015 and Bamco rarely goes that long between announcement and release.

Shizuka

Play-Asia has Civilization sold out. I wonder if we'll begin facing shortages for other asian-printed games like we did with Oreshika and SSD.

We know the R3 English release is due out late this year. No idea about Japan. On one hand, the fall is looking really packed (less so on Vita than 3DS/PS4, but still) and Bamco likes December for Gundam. On the other hand, G-Gen Genesis was announced in Dec. 2015 and Bamco rarely goes that long between announcement and release.

Yeah, for comparison Extreme Vs. Force was announced at TGS 2015 and released December 2015 (though maybe that shouldn't be brought up as a good example since it was so rushed).

Play-Asia has Civilization sold out. I wonder if we'll begin facing shortages for other asian-printed games like we did with Oreshika and SSD.

Demand for that seemed really low. It rarely charted in their top 10 or so most popular Vita games even when it released.

I really wish they did xcom first and then civ so I'd have another copy of xcom to buy. There was no chance I was paying that much for civ Rev physical or not.

I kinda dislike posting random reddit info but this is pretty cool if true and it supposedly comes directly from PQube

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4r0j6m/steinsgates_vita_release_outsold_the_ps3_release/

Apparently Steins;Gate Vita outsold PS3 4 to 1 in the west

Even more interesting one is this:

Although obviously the rep wasn't able to tell me exactly what games they've got coming, he did say that they've already got 4 Vita games they plan to release next year, and 2 of them are VNs.

Assume Chaos;Child is one, wonder what the other 3 are though :p

Pqube becoming Vita MVP in its final years (seriously though, they're knocking it out of the park since 2015).

Even more interesting one is this:

Assume Chaos;Child is one, wonder what the other 3 are though :p

Pqube becoming Vita MVP in its final years (seriously though, they're knocking it out of the park since 2015).
That wasn't even there when I posted, cool. :) Some of them might just be EU licenses from US releases, but cool nonetheless.

RK128

Not sure if this is the appropriate place but how is grand kingdom. Looks alright but not certain enough to purchase the game.

I wrote a lot about the game, from my first impressions post, a review going live tomorrow and a number of posts on the OT thread of the game explaining some of the games systems.

Will share a bit of what I wrote in the review of the game:
"Combat is an area of the game that shines the brightest, as it feels different per class. Each unit belongs to a specific class, with them having different abilities to contribute to the party. For example, your knight can use a move called ‘Total Guard’, which can defend your party as long as your shield holds up (has a meter) from attacks. Another example is your medic, as she can throw healing potions that restores 80% health for a long distance or you can slide a health pack on the ground that another unit can walk into for a smaller percentage of health restoration.........

.....Grand Kingdom is a very beautiful title, with it having a stylized 2D art design that extends to every aspect to the game. Its look mirrors titles like Dragons Crown or Odin Sphere in some respects and little details like animated background in menus, lip-syncing for cut-scenes, and little things like the loading screen animation do a lot to give the game a feeling of liveliness and heart......

.....Grand Kingdom is one of the years best JRPG’s thanks to its strong core mechanics, great story, enjoyable blend of real time combat & strategy elements and an excessive amount of replay value."

The full review is much more in-depth but if you want to read more impressions on the game, give my first impressions article a read :). I love the game and feel it does so much right :D.

heringer

I wrote a lot about the game, from my first impressions post, a review going live tomorrow and a number of posts on the OT thread of the game explaining some of the games systems.

Will share a bit of what I wrote in the review of the game:
"Combat is an area of the game that shines the brightest, as it feels different per class. Each unit belongs to a specific class, with them having different abilities to contribute to the party. For example, your knight can use a move called ‘Total Guard’, which can defend your party as long as your shield holds up (has a meter) from attacks. Another example is your medic, as she can throw healing potions that restores 80% health for a long distance or you can slide a health pack on the ground that another unit can walk into for a smaller percentage of health restoration.........

.....Grand Kingdom is a very beautiful title, with it having a stylized 2D art design that extends to every aspect to the game. Its look mirrors titles like Dragons Crown or Odin Sphere in some respects and little details like animated background in menus, lip-syncing for cut-scenes, and little things like the loading screen animation do a lot to give the game a feeling of liveliness and heart......

.....Grand Kingdom is one of the years best JRPG’s thanks to its strong core mechanics, great story, enjoyable blend of real time combat & strategy elements and an excessive amount of replay value."

The full review is much more in-depth but if you want to read more impressions on the game, give my first impressions article a read :). I love the game and feel it does so much right :D.

Interesting to know the story is good. I was under the impression it was merely an afterthought.

RK128

Interesting to know the story is good. I was under the impression it was merely an afterthought.

It is quite indepth, more so with the other campaigns to play through once the main one is complete. They are full-on 15-25 hour runs for each of the four campaigns, inflating the games length from a 24-30 hour adventure into something that can last hundreds of hours O_O!

I know the localization is an issue for some, but I really like the voice acting and translation the game has :).

Updated version of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters coming from Aksys

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/tokyo-tw...-special-gigs-world-tour-coming-north-america

Also this. I think some people might like this?

Cmd-ZhcWIAUmEJ6.jpg:large

18-Volt

Is it me or first half of 2017 is becoming really awesome for Vita?

Akiba's Beat
Fate/Extella
God Wars
Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
Caligula
Berserk
Summon Night 6
Tokyo Xanadu

and possible announcements:

Toukiden 2
Dynasty Warriors Tactics
Digimon World Next Order
City Shrouded in Shadows
Danganronpa 3
Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain
Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Am I missing something? There's also SaGa Scarlet Grace too but it seems to be MIA, we haven't seen anything about it but some artwork.

Am I missing something?

AND HERO MUST DIE.

But yes, this happens every year. Think about Q1 2014 packed with Toukiden/DanganRonpa/Demon Gaze/Neptunia/Atelier plus even more if you were European (Ys/Sorcery Saga).

And I doubted the localizations were coming. Still missing one though :'(

AND HERO MUST DIE.

But yes, this happens every year. Think about Q1 2014 packed with Toukiden/DanganRonpa/Demon Gaze/Neptunia/Atelier plus even more if you were European (Ys/Sorcery Saga).

And I doubted the localizations were coming. Still missing one though :'(

You mean two, don't forget about Net High!

18-Volt

AND HERO MUST DIE.

I still hope that NISA would squeeze it somewhere in fall 2016. They have too many upcoming Vita releases and if Hero Must Die is a 2016 release then we can get to Refrain much faster.

Criminal Girls 2 - September
Yomawari - October
Hero Must Die - November/December
February - Cladun Sengoku
March or April - Rose and the Castle Twilight
May - Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain
Summer - Demon Gaze 2
Summer - Dangan 3 (if they release it in Japan by then)

Yeah this looks like a perfect schedule. NISA should pay me for doing this for them (no I don't want their money, I want their games :)

You mean two, don't forget about Net High!

We should give up on XSEED at this point.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Is it me or first half of 2017 is becoming really awesome for Vita?

Akiba's Beat
Fate/Extella
God Wars
Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
Caligula
Berserk
Summon Night 6
Tokyo Xanadu

and possible announcements:

Toukiden 2
Dynasty Warriors Tactics
Digimon World Next Order
City Shrouded in Shadows
Danganronpa 3
Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain
Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Am I missing something? There's also SaGa Scarlet Grace too but it seems to be MIA, we haven't seen anything about it but some artwork.

i don't know if atelier shallie plus was already released in japan, if it was, then i think they will bring it over

and a few pages earlier i had only listed 3 games, never thought it would be THIS awesome

Box art for Vita version is gorgeous.

Axiom Verge has sold well on Vita, looking into Chasm port: https://www.twitter.com/dan_adelman/status/749402562495819776

Chasm runs on MonoGame, so it might hinge on that working well on Vita.

I'd been secretly worrying that all these indies had stopped doing as well as they used to, mostly due to lack of ratings on the store. Glad that some of the higher-profile ones are still doing well.

As I posted earlier, MonoGame Vita is now in alpha I believe, so hopefully this & Stardew Valley have a shot in the near future.

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/d3-publisher-announces-idol-death-game-tv-ps-vita

D3 Publisher announces Idol Death Game TV for PS Vita

From the devs of that Irregular at Magic High School game I reviewed.

No-one really talks about it because we never get their games in the west, but D3 have seem some pretty runaway success stories with Vita in Japan. Original Bullet Girls did very well, as did Omega Labyrinth and EDF 2017.

Still surprised Natsuiro High School never made it to Vita (judging by impressions, no huge loss there though).

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/d3-publisher-announces-idol-death-game-tv-ps-vita

D3 Publisher announces Idol Death Game TV for PS Vita

From the devs of that Irregular at Magic High School game I reviewed.

No-one really talks about it because we never get their games in the west, but D3 have seem some pretty runaway success stories with Vita in Japan. Original Bullet Girls did very well, as did Omega Labyrinth and EDF 2017.

Still surprised Natsuiro High School never made it to Vita (judging by impressions, no huge loss there though).

Natsuiro barely dropped in price also on PS4. I want it but im not paying that much for it lol.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/49004189.html

Interview with SCEJA pres(?) where he actually mentions the Vita.

From what I can gather - can't talk about a Vita successor, but he believes Vita will continue to grow. No-show at E3 due to lack of presence in USA/Europe. Still harking on about Minecraft growing the fanbase for kids and they should buy Dragon Quest Builders too.

So wait is 999 confirmed to be getting a Vita port or do we still not know the platforms? (I know of the "a vital steamship" tease)

So wait is 999 confirmed to be getting a Vita port or do we still not know the platforms? (I know of the "a vital steamship" tease)

nothing confirmed outside of that tease. I imagine itll come to 3DS as well if VA and all is there like shown off. Also aksys said even home console ports are possible before IIRc.

Hey, some of the ones I requested got in there! (Tales; Digimon; Uppers). Not bad.

Not as much feedback as I was expecting though.

In another tweet they said they got 300+ emails so this might only be what they compiled so far. Not sure.

Writing an email is a lot more work than voting in a poll or signing a petition though, so I wouldn't expect a lot :p

Top Bottom