• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Does Yggdra Union or Tales of Hearts R have a good story? I'm looking for a way to spend that 10$ credit from my delayed ZTD preorder and I was checking out the codes Amazon sells itself.

redcrayon

Does Yggdra Union or Tales of Hearts R have a good story? I'm looking for a way to spend that 10$ credit from my delayed ZTD preorder and I was checking out the codes Amazon sells itself.

I can't remember them doing anything spectacularly interesting storywise. Yggdra Union's story (not gameplay) is a typical Fire Emblem or FF-esque 'young royal and retainers on the run from evil empire'. Tales of Hearts goes for other well-worn cliches of ancient races and collecting the magic something-or-others.

Both pretty standard JRPG fare really- I enjoyed both very much but can't remember anything particularly good or awful about either story! Actually, I remember being really pleasantly surprised by Tales of Hearts- I usually don't get on with Tales games and had heard it was a fairly average entry. I wanted an rpg to play while on a lengthy flight, and got really into it (although several of the more tedious characters can be put on the subs bench, hardly something new for an rpg). The combat was great, more mechanics keep popping up throughout the campaign so it stays fresh rather than teaching it all at once.

Yggdra Union uses a card-based system to fight on a grid, I play a lot of SRPGs and remember it more for doing something more unique with it's battle system. 'Union' refers to teaming up units with male-led units linking to formations diagonally and female ones horizontally or something like that. It's been a few years but I really liked it, it's abstract but good and quite tough in places.

I can't remember them doing anything spectacularly interesting storywise. Yggdra Union's story (not gameplay) is a typical Fire Emblem or FF-esque 'young royal and retainers on the run from evil empire'. Tales of Hearts goes for other well-worn cliches of ancient races and collecting the magic something-or-others.

Both pretty standard JRPG fare really- I enjoyed both very much but can't remember anything particularly good or awful about either story!

Yggdra Union uses a card-based system to fight on a grid, I play a lot of SRPGs and remember it more for doing something more unique with it's battle system. 'Union' refers to teaming up units with male-led units linking to formations diagonally and female ones horizontally or something like that. It's been a few years but I really liked it, it's abstract but good and quite tough in places.

thanks!

Forgot that Riviera the Promised Land is an option. How's the story in that one?

I wrote a lot about the game, from my first impressions post, a review going live tomorrow and a number of posts on the OT thread of the game explaining some of the games systems.

Will share a bit of what I wrote in the review of the game:
"Combat is an area of the game that shines the brightest, as it feels different per class. Each unit belongs to a specific class, with them having different abilities to contribute to the party. For example, your knight can use a move called ‘Total Guard’, which can defend your party as long as your shield holds up (has a meter) from attacks. Another example is your medic, as she can throw healing potions that restores 80% health for a long distance or you can slide a health pack on the ground that another unit can walk into for a smaller percentage of health restoration.........

.....Grand Kingdom is a very beautiful title, with it having a stylized 2D art design that extends to every aspect to the game. Its look mirrors titles like Dragons Crown or Odin Sphere in some respects and little details like animated background in menus, lip-syncing for cut-scenes, and little things like the loading screen animation do a lot to give the game a feeling of liveliness and heart......

.....Grand Kingdom is one of the years best JRPG’s thanks to its strong core mechanics, great story, enjoyable blend of real time combat & strategy elements and an excessive amount of replay value."

The full review is much more in-depth but if you want to read more impressions on the game, give my first impressions article a read :). I love the game and feel it does so much right :D.

Didn't check back until just now, but you've convinced a purchase out of me. Plan to use it to counter any depression I might get from zero escape 3 when I start it this week.

Gosh the results sucks... wtf. Tales of Innocence R localization please guys.

I have to wonder if some people saw this as an opportunity to get games that are going to automatically get turned down for the west because of the content (i.e. something like Moero Pirates) rather than things that simply got passed over (i.e. something like Tales of Innocence R).

Because logically, I don't see how a small retailer like Play-Asia is going to sell to Bandai Namco that something like Tales of Innocence is going to sell as an Asian-English game when they didn't see the point releasing it in the west when Vita was selling much better.

Best place to complain about Marvelous games is the XSEED forums. They listen. They seem to have dropped Vita exclusive game localization but it's possible that we can change their minds.

Considering Takaki seems to want Valkyrie Drive to be a thing beyond the current game, the best solution would be to either look into having the game ported to PS4 or even have it on PC considering how well Shinovi Versus has been doing.

RK128

How is Flower on Vita?

It still uses the gyro controls like the PS3 and PS4 versions but it controls great on Vita. The game also looks fantastic on the console, with colors popping out from the screen. Overall, it is a great version of a strong game :).

It still uses the gyro controls like the PS3 and PS4 versions but it controls great on Vita. The game also looks fantastic on the console, with colors popping out from the screen. Overall, it is a great version of a strong game :).

That's it then I'm getting Flower and Thomas Was Alone with my credit. Thanks bud.

I rarely go out of my way to beg companies for localizations but the one time I did I wrote XSEED an email asking for Luminous Arc, Valkyrie Drive and Tokyo Xanadu

lol

Lord Snow

Banned
Are there any games similar to Legacy of Goku on the Vita? Or the original Corpse Party. I love games like that but not sure which I'd like that are available on the Vita. I'm not a huge fan of 3D RPGs on handhelds and prefer 2D/top down stuff.

jzbluz

Huh, this has made me realize that NISA is my least favorite out of the Atlus/NISA/Aksys/XSEED group. I do want to try Yomawari though.

Don't think NISA is aware of most of their games. I'm still baffled at how long they waited to give us a VN when they had one of their own for years.
Shin Hayarigami?
This honestly seems like something that would do really well here, especially if you also put it on PC

I don't get it

Like I'm not really sure who is going to buy this Touhou Bullet Ballet game for example. But hey it's on PS4 so it's obviously the better choice

Yeah, that VN comment was bizarre. Made the comment in 2015 after two successful DanganRonpa games and then proceeded to wait a year and grabbed Psycho-Pass. Kinda refuse to believe they couldn't have gone after anything else in the interim.

NISA used to be my favourite localizer around 2014 when they went in hard on just picked up unexpected stuff (DanganRonpa; Demon Gaze; Natural Doctrine). Since then I've kinda gone off them - they're still getting unexpected stuff like Touhou, but are doing it at the expense of some games I really, really want.

18-Volt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5_5DBMJTv0

Here's a Touhou Genso Wanderer trailer. The highlight of NISA's AX press conference. Gee, thanks.

I still don't understand why they chose this over other Toho games. The Genius Sapphirais is a much better Vita RPG than this. Maybe because this one has PS4 version but I don't really think PS4 owners would buy a weird looking moe roguelike.

Announce Hero Must Die, NISA. Our patience is running out.

From what I've been able to find, it did pretty well but Marvelous still decided to close it this month.

Rofl, didn't realise they were closing service on it, that's quite bad.

Announce Hero Must Die, NISA. Our patience is running out.

Lost hope on that now. It's an internal title, they said they were "evaluating" it during their Feb press conference and they've already announced a 2017 title (Genso Wanderer). If it were coming I think it would've been announced by now, so another one to throw in the pile with Fuuraiki; Hayarigami; Luminous Arc; Net High; Ukiyo no Roushi etc. Still believe Valkyrie Drive will find its way out in English some how, but sadly I'm not interested in that one :p

That Tokyo Xanadu announcement really made my day. I was a bit worried when they announced improved PS4 version since there was danger of vita version being skipped in favour of it :)

I got my friend who gets their R3 press releases to confirm.

A.W. : Phoenix Festa will be available for the PlayStation® Vita this 26th July 2016 across Southeast Asia

(Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia) game retail stores.

IvorB

So I'm trying to play Persona 4 and right now it's just been A LOT of talking and no action. The gameplay has just been me pressing 'x'. Is it like this for most of the game?

godisntheradio

Neo Member
so i just finished trails of cold steel after 90 and simply put: i loved every second of it, luckily i won't have to wait very long to play the second game.

just a warning to anybody playing through the game now: don't go browsing throught Falcom sound team jdk albums on spotify( or anywhere really) the cover for a remix album i think kinda gives away an important plot point, and if reached a certain part of the game, you would easily connect the dots like i did and get spoiled.

tldr don't search for the game's ost as the cover of some albums may spoil the story

Top Bottom