• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

ZoronMaro

Lame sale this week. I got Lost Paradise, Super Meat Boy and Suikoden 2, at least.

I asked in the sale thread, but this is probably the better place to ask how is Super Meat Boy on the Vita?

Other than that and Super Time Force, yea not nearly as good as last week.

I asked in the sale thread, but this is probably the better place to ask how is Super Meat Boy on the Vita?

it plays great but the OST is not the same as the one everyone is used to on xbox 360 and pc/mac.

Super Meat Boy is excellent on the Vita. Runs pretty much perfectly from what I remember, and it feels so darn good playing it on a handheld (great for dipping in and out of when I had a spare few minutes). Trophies are rock solid though, I only managed to get half of them. I can only clear a few of the worlds without dying, can't see me ever managing to do the later worlds perfectly!
Its definitely one of my favourite games for the Vita, and one of my favourite platformers in general. Pity the music had to be changed :(

ZoronMaro

it plays great but the OST is not the same as the one everyone is used to on xbox 360 and pc/mac.

So I just listened to the original and new OSTs, and I don't the original is THAT great, or that the new one is THAT bad.

So I'm not sure what the fuss is about, but I think I'll be fine with it.

So I just listened to the original and new OSTs, and I don't the original is THAT great, or that the new one is THAT bad.

So I'm not sure what the fuss is about, but I think I'll be fine with it.

For a lot of people including myself it was what shaped the experience on 360.

dont woryr. get it. plays great. enjoy it.

The problem with new new OST is that the first world is complete garbage compared to the original and that colored many impressions. It gets better later on.

heringer

So, guys, do you have Vita games on your backlog? I mean, games you already bought but haven't played yet?

I have:

God of War 2
Sly 2, 3
Lost Dimension
Super Meat Boy
Suikoden 2
Persona 4 (currently playing)
Parasite Eve (currently playing)
Tearaway
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Dragon's Crown
Dissidia 012
Megaman Legends 2
Freedom Wars
Volume
Child of Light
Super Time Force Ultra
Ys series (minus 7, which I already played)
Shovel Knight
Front Mission 3
Tales of Hearts R

Games that I'm buying as soon as I clear my backlog some more:

Tactics Ogre
Ratchet and Clank collection
Muramasa
Dangarompa series
ZTD
Toukiden
Grand Kingdom
Odin Sphere
SteamWorld Heist
Axiom Verge
Severed
God Eater 2
The Legend of Heroes series
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Wipeout
Digimon
MGS3
Hotline Miami 2
La-Mulana EX
Sly 4
Need for Speed MW

And that's just from the top of my head. I'm sure there are many others I can't remember right now. What's wrong with me, I have to stop buying games.

PS Vita has no games!

My backlog:
Flower
Thomas Was Alone
Samurai Warriors 4
Final Fantasy VII
Chrono Trigger

Not counting Soul Sacrifice Delta and Final Fantasy VI which I'm already playing.

Im currently working on Odin Sphere

Going to grab Grand Kingdom after

Looking forward to CSH, Darkest Dungeon and Cold Steel 2 on the way

omg_mjd

Thinking of getting a new Vita. Which of the recent models are matte finish? Aside from Neon Orange and Aqua Blue, is the Glacier White model also matte?

maouvin

My Vita backlog is thankfully quite thin!
my Vita wishlist is menacingly big though

- Ray Gigant;
- S;G;
- Rorona+ (playing);
- Ys OiF (playing).

Might start RG soon since I take a year to finish an Atelier game. Will wait a bit before S;G. I hate the jumping on Ys (the only other I played is Celceta, so I got used to that), but I'm trying to progress on it.

There's also some other stuff that I didn't "finish", like Xonic, Geometry Wars and some other games that you don't need to "complete" to get you money worth, really.

Then there are those PS+ titles I expect to check out sometime (and might drop then in minutes, who knows), but no hurry:
- Flame Over;
- Grim Fandango.

I really need to get back to Ray Gigant... I played the first couple of chapters and did enjoy what I played, but then Odin Sphere came along and stole my attention! Well, that and Risk of Rain, which is just brilliant on the Vita (incredibly addictive and the perfect type of game to play on the go in short bursts).

My current backlog that I'm working on looks like:

Odin Sphere (finished two of the stories so far, working on the third)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Unlocked 70% of the gallery, love this game!)
Ray Gigant (on Chapter 3? or 4?)
Oddworld
Futuridium
Downwell (trying to finish Hard mode)
Time Travellers
Xcom
WRC 4

That's not my entire backlog, these are just the games I've picked out that I really want to play/finish. My backlog is a couple of hundred games deep, so its going to take years to finish it! Not that I'm complaining, I basically just buy Vita games (and odd PS4 games where applicable) now as I just prefer to do most of my gaming on the Vita where possible.

Did anyone catch this? Apparently shopto had a site for Valkyrie Drive up, published by Pqube (who did distribution for Senran Kagura EV for Marvelous) but it has since been removed

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4rjg89/shopto_uk_retailer_list_valkyrie_drive_for_vita/

hype

ddZI1Zu.png

I see no reason why shopto would mistakenly list a random JP game like this. The PQube thing fits as well.

EDIT: Shopto also has a super cheap Root Letter pre-order £22.85 = ~27€ at todays exchange rate + shipping

I'm more a fan of the idea that it's Marvelous Europe publishing and PQube are just distributing, but I guess we'll see.

Labadal

My backlog:
Tales of Hearts R
Trails of Cold Steel
Odin Sphere L
Oreshika
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Steins Gate
Some PSP and PS1 games

Going to most likely add
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Danganronpa 3
Zero Time Dilemma
Exist Archive
Caligula
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys VIII
Steins Gate 0

I'm probably missing some games.

Okay I have a question. How is the story of FFX-2? Is it worth playing after X? I loved the ending of FFX and I'm a bit nervous to play the next one.

redcrayon

My backlog:
Tales of Hearts R
Trails of Cold Steel
Odin Sphere L
Oreshika
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Steins Gate
Some PSP and PS1 games

Going to most likely add
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Danganronpa 3
Zero Time Dilemma
Exist Archive
Caligula
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys VIII
Steins Gate 0

I'm probably missing some games.
Outside of Cold Steel 2, the RPGs I'm most looking forward to on the Vita this year are Cosmic Star Heroine and Darkest Dungeon, can't wait for those.

It's great that the Vita is looking strong for 2017 too though.

animax

Okay I have a question. How is the story of FFX-2? Is it worth playing after X? I loved the ending of FFX and I'm a bit nervous to play the next one.

You won't be playing X-2 for the story. You'll be playing it becuase its very fun, lighthearted and enjoyable, has a fantastic battle system and has the best post-game challenges of any final fantasy game!

I loved it

PQube ‏@PQubeGames 31m31 minutes ago
@xoMLGNOSCOPEox @Pellegri116 patience young padawans

This was in response to me and another guy asking wtf was up with the Shopto listing yesterday. So ya, I think we should be hearing something about Valkyrie Drive here shortly.

RK128

still no net high @~@

I look at it this way; wasn't VD the first of those three games (VD, Net High, Uppers) to get English Trophies? If so, maybe they planed for localization for all three games for a long time but just waited for the right 'time' to either start the localization or something else.

Maverolus saw the success of the SK series in the west on Vita & PS4, so I doubt they will ignore the possible sales VD could offer them here.

I wouldn't be surprised if next month gives us announcements on Net High getting localized and when Uppers releases in Japan, the western version gets announced a week or so later after its launch :).

RK128

They should just go all-out and spit about Net High and Uppers too.
Strike our hearts with full force.

I wouldn't be shocked if that was PD Cube's/Marvolus's plan after all; release the games first in Japan and start localization on each title afterward.

Not that two of the three games got English Trophies, they can start talking about Localization plans for VD and Net High, as both are out now. Maybe next week they will announced all three are getting localized to celebrate the JP launch of Uppers or something :D.

Still, enough is pointing to at least VD and Uppers coming over, so that is nice overall. The former has too much......'plot' for my taste, but still happy its coming over :D. The SK series had great action/combat and after reading Kyle's Import review on the game on The Vita Lounge, I think it will be a very solid action game overall.

Each of the series revolves around girls who have been infected with a mysterious virus known as the A Virus (Armed Virus). These girls are divided into two classes; Exters (エクスター Ekusutā?), who can transform into weapons when sexually aroused, and Liberators (リブレイター Ribureitā?), who have the power to wield an Exter's weapon form, known as Liberator Arms, through a process known as Drive. These girls are brought to separate islands, which each of the series is named after.

Holy shit VD sounds so whimsical my fucking sides

Also not sure if anyone cares, but I came around on Tokyo Xanadu. I still would have preferred PS4 but I'm going to day 1 this on Vita anyway. It would be dumb not to.

Also not sure if anyone cares, but I came around on Tokyo Xanadu. I still would have preferred PS4 but I'm going to day 1 this on Vita anyway. It would be dumb not to.

Only issue for me really would be if the PS4 version were day and date with the Vita one. I'm fine with getting the Vita version if PS4 is still TBA or months away, not so much when I know a far superior version is coming the same time and it makes me question why I went with the original.

RK128

Only issue for me really would be if the PS4 version were day and date with the Vita one. I'm fine with getting the Vita version if PS4 is still TBA or months away, not so much when I know a far superior version is coming the same time and it makes me question why I went with the original.

I'm getting Xandu without any care for the PS4 version honestly :l.

What, a better frame rate and more content? Not that much of a big deal with the original was great/good as it was (reportedly), so very happy to play the Vita version next year anyway :)

Besides, I have a feeling its going to be a Grand Kingdom situation, where all the extra features/content releasing post launch will be added to the localized Vita version. The game too this long to come over, so if it is a late summer title, that should give them enough time to add-in the new content from the PS4 version into the Vita one.

Even if that isn't the case, it will be a later release (PS4 version), so we can play the Vita version first and the PS4 version far later in 2017 or early 2018.

Just happy that a game so many requested to come over, well, finally came over :D.

I'm getting Xandu without any care for the PS4 version honestly :l.

What, a better frame rate and more content? Not that much of a big deal with the original was great/good as it was (reportedly), so very happy to play the Vita version next year anyway :)

Besides, I have a feeling its going to be a Grand Kingdom situation, where all the extra features/content releasing post launch will be added to the localized Vita version. The game too this long to come over, so if it is a late summer title, that should give them enough time to add-in the new content from the PS4 version into the Vita one.

Even if that isn't the case, it will be a later release (PS4 version), so we can play the Vita version first and the PS4 version far later in 2017 or early 2018.

Just happy that a game so many requested to come over, well, finally came over :D.

I really dont think that will happen. Either way 2 physical copies of TX for me for sure.

Unless we hear something from Falcom about that soon, it's not going to happen. They honestly need to get the PS4 version out and move on to other games, not worry about back porting features to Vita, when the Vita version has sold about as much as it's going to sell in Japan. We're already looking at what will most likely be a summer 2017 release for Cold Steel 3 in Japan (if it even comes next year). The more time they waste on older versions of games, the less chance of us seeing certain versions of the game over here when we get it later in 2018.

Top Bottom