• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Saphirax

I've read that already thanks!

I'm pretty sure it will have impact, to think it won't is in my opinion "pie in the sky"

but we will have to wait and see of course.

I'm curious to see why you think so. Vita releases are going to dry up, but it'll have nothing to do with piracy. It already started happening. We won't get as many Vita exclusives, but we'll still get some.

autoduelist

Ok, either way I think is safe to asume that it will be bellow average gameplay with nothing that really stands out aside from the fan service. Valkyrie Drive will have to fill the "fan service with decent gameplay" quota.

I had to google the game. Sounds ridiculous. But MM had pretty solid card game play [+mindnumbingly bad everything else] and it's part of the same series. I have no idea about this one.

I had to google the game. Sounds ridiculous. But MM had pretty solid card game play [+mindnumbingly bad everything else] and it's part of the same series. I have no idea about this one.
I have know of the series of games but never really cared for them before (I'm more into action games). This one has 3D models and I like the whole pirates motive it has going on so I was hoping it had decent gameplay since to me no amount of fan service can keep me interested on a game if I feel that I have to force myself to play the actual game. I usually wouldn't care for this game since I used to hate turn based RPGs but after playing Digimon Story:CS I'm willing to give the genre more of my time (got Persona 5 preordered).

New Nep v SEGA Hard Girls trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RocKMDNSNI

I'm looking forward to this. Guess that makes me a hardcore otaku!

Yep I'm looking forward to it as well even though it will probably go straight to the backlog with everything else coming out around that time. Could just be that it has the regular combat system that the mainline games have, but it looks better than the other spinoffs to me.

VLiberty

Even if it will have an impact, we'll never know. In the past 6 months we've got so many cancelations and indie games announced only for PS4...piracy is the last thing we should worry about

@Wreck

I'm curious to see why you think so. Vita releases are going to dry up, but it'll have nothing to do with piracy. It already started happening. We won't get as many Vita exclusives, but we'll still get some.

well you have a good point and your not wrong.

the thought that a system is no longer secure for 'your' ip is a definite problem, this could make difference between companies bothering to localize for NA, therefore vita release drying up, its not fact its speculation.

i've been pretty positive about my two vitas for a while even in the face of no first party support, cancelled titles etc..

its hard to stay positive man about this... not much else bothers me here at the 'gaf'

i hope that satiates your curiosity.

and on the positive note you have let me vent, and i feel better about it now

thank you (whether you intended to help me or not =)

gpn

Has there been any word if Dragon Quest Builders is getting a physical Asia English version? This looks like something I'd rather play on the Vita instead of PS4.

Tohsaka

Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates is releasing tomorrow and Gematsu put up a 50 minute gameplay video. I was going to make a thread since I wanna read what peoples opinion on it are and because I doubt that there will be an Import OT, but I think this is a type of game you can't talk on GAF? I searched for old threads on the game but didn't find anything so I'm guessing that if a make a new thread it will be deleted (I don't write much on GAF so I don't know if there is a place to find a list of all the banned things).

I'm thinking of importing it even though my kanji isn't that great since it most likely will never get localized. The previous game in the series had an Asian English localization announced but that may not happen now since Play-Asia is only showing Chinese language support.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i saw the trailer of a diablo clone for pc and consoles and i asked myself why no japanese developers tries to do one in general and for vita in particular? I would buy it.

18-Volt

Saphirax

This is definitely going to be ported somewhere. Maybe not PS4 but PC or NX. They have been working on it for quite a sometime now, they'd want maximize its sales.

It also definitely is going to get localized. They can't afford having it to be Japan exclusive.

NX hasn't even been announced yet, so doubtful. Could be vita/ps4 or steam for the west.

Do you guys think the window has closed on Net High? I had hoped with PQube picking up Valkyrie Drive that maybe there was a tiny bit of hope, but it seems unlikely they've got any more localizations announcements to come for the year seeing how the final few months are already pretty busy for them.

I hope they find a way. I really want it :p

Do you guys think the window has closed on Net High? I had hoped with PQube picking up Valkyrie Drive that maybe there was a tiny bit of hope, but it seems unlikely they've got any more localizations announcements to come for the year seeing how the final few months are already pretty busy for them.

I would have said yes if we were still sitting on no announcements for VD or TX, but considering outside companies stepped up to the plate to grab them, anything could happen at this point. Since it would likely be PQube picking it up if we did get it, i'd hold out a few more months before calling anything on it. I think we've gotten just about all the localization announcements we're going to get for 2016 releases and we know that at least the first few months of next year will continue to see Vita releases, so it could be a 2017 release if we get it.

Now if we want to bring up a Marvelous title that the window has most likely been closed on at this point, Luminous Arc.

Clive

Do you guys think the window has closed on Net High?

I don't think windows close until a console is discontinued and even beyond that as long as the marketplace is alive. We got a PSP game released in Japan in 2009 on PSN last year and there are many similar examples for that handheld. It seems we're even getting two PSP games released this year.

Maybe we can say something is less likely 2-3 years after the Japanese release but I don't think any windows are closed. There can of course be circumstances preventing the release but in general.

I would have said yes if we were still sitting on no announcements for VD or TX, but considering outside companies stepped up to the plate to grab them, anything could happen at this point. Since it would likely be PQube picking it up if we did get it, i'd hold out a few more months before calling anything on it. I think we've gotten just about all the localization announcements we're going to get for 2016 releases and we know that at least the first few months of next year will continue to see Vita releases, so it could be a 2017 release if we get it.

Now if we want to bring up a Marvelous title that the window has most likely been closed on at this point, Luminous Arc.

Yeah, I assumed Luminous Arc has gone at this point. I was just asking about Net High because it was November in Japan and so it's been 9 months and counting since release. Normally at this point titles are either releasing in the west or they're not coming, so I've become worried.

18-Volt

They are never busy, they always outsource their localizations. I remember they said Root Letter and Steins;Gate 0 localizations were done by different people.

Net High has high chance to be the next localization announcement from PQube but as you said, it won't happen anytime soon. I expect a January or February release.

Does anyone think the original Mutant Mudds will ever see the light of day in Europe for the Vita? I know it got a USA release but to this day its never been released in Europe. I'm currently working through the super challenges "sequel" and would love to have both Mutant Mudds game on my Vita (I did grab the USA release and have played it through on my Vita but swapping profiles is such a pain in the ass on the Vita...)

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/761547479254827011

Bluemaxima is already kicking up a fuss about this (rightfully so).

The expanded version of Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence is releasing in the west in October for PS4/PC. The game is available on Vita and released day-and-date with the PS4/PS4 versions in Japan.

Dunno why they're not releasing the Vita version too. I'd say it's out of character for Koei Tecmo, but they did the same with Nights of Azure. However, that was Gust which are a small team (and they cited difficulties scheduling the translation to be inserted) whereas Nobunaga's is developed by a big team and has no such problems that I'm aware of.

Please make some noise for this on Twitter if you're interested. I'd kill to have some Grand Strategy on a handheld in English. It would be such a novelty and likely something that'd never leave my console.

VLiberty

Does anyone think the original Mutant Mudds will ever see the light of day in Europe for the Vita? I know it got a USA release but to this day its never been released in Europe. I'm currently working through the super challenges "sequel" and would love to have both Mutant Mudds game on my Vita (I did grab the USA release and have played it through on my Vita but swapping profiles is such a pain in the ass on the Vita...)

I don't think it will...they said it failed the qa test more than once

Btw, they should think about releasing Super Challenge in mainland europe first of all, because it has not been released there.

NeededSleep

Haven't been able to put Grand Kingdom or Stranger from Sword City down. Over 100 hours in Stranger from Sword City itself, wish there were more classes though.

Is there any dungeon crawlers out there where you can get any overpowered loot early on and focus a character around it?

Copying my post from PSN thread - criminal girls 2 wont be sold in germany because USK board refused rating. Just got an email about this. Itll be released PEGI16 in other EU regions and M rated in NA. No Aus either.

Yeah, I assumed Luminous Arc has gone at this point. I was just asking about Net High because it was November in Japan and so it's been 9 months and counting since release. Normally at this point titles are either releasing in the west or they're not coming, so I've become worried.

The general rule of thumb for Marvelous' localizations is that you should expect to wait 12 months at minimum. Considering pQube tends to announce their stuff shortly before release, I wouldn't rule out them fitting one more game into this year's schedule.

Really? The first one only got a USK 16 rating here.

Edit: More here -> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpHawXqXEAAcB4d.jpg:large

Especially weird, considering the PEGI rating (16, which isn't even PEGI's top rating). I would like to know USK's reasoning here.

I don't think it will...they said it failed the qa test more than once

Btw, they should think about releasing Super Challenge in mainland europe first of all, because it has not been released there.

Super Challenge should be out in Europe now right? I've picked it up on the Euro store today, but I'm from the UK so is it out elsewhere in Europe?
Either way, its been well worth the money as the levels are a step up in difficulty from the previous Mudds game, challenging, but just challenging enough that they still feel very possible. Not sure about the boss battles though, none I've really fought yet have been all that awesome, just serviceable.

jzbluz

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/761547479254827011

Bluemaxima is already kicking up a fuss about this (rightfully so).

The expanded version of Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence is releasing in the west in October for PS4/PC. The game is available on Vita and released day-and-date with the PS4/PS4 versions in Japan.

Dunno why they're not releasing the Vita version too. I'd say it's out of character for Koei Tecmo, but they did the same with Nights of Azure. However, that was Gust which are a small team (and they cited difficulties scheduling the translation to be inserted) whereas Nobunaga's is developed by a big team and has no such problems that I'm aware of.

Please make some noise for this on Twitter if you're interested. I'd kill to have some Grand Strategy on a handheld in English. It would be such a novelty and likely something that'd never leave my console.

I thought the Vita version of Azure ran like crap, which was why they skipped it? Maybe it's something like that with Nobunaga's.

I thought the Vita version of Azure ran like crap, which was why they skipped it? Maybe it's something like that with Nobunaga's.

The original version of Azure may have, but there was also a performance patch several months after release that fixed some of the more glaring issues. Honestly who knows why they didn't release it on Vita, it's just clear at this point that they swept it under the rug after saying it was a "maybe".

Nobunaga on the other hand, definitely seems to run like crap at least, going off the few videos I could find on it.

Top Bottom