• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Shizuka

September is a killer.

In addition to FF XV Ultimate Edition (ouch!) and Dragon Quest VII 3DS, for Vita I've got ordered...

- Psycho Pass LE
- Criminal Girls 2 Party Favors Edition
- Shantae Risky Beats
- Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
- Steins;Gate 0
- Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II

For being a "dead" system, I think Vita gets more releases than WiiU or Xbox One.

No MeiQ?

Oh, I'm actually half of the team behind Lichtspeer.
I promise the Vita version will not get cancelled. Scouts honor.

Good man. Then you have my money.

(Also good job getting involved with the community, it's definitely the way to boost the profile of your game on Vita)

Shizuka

What happened to the standard limited edition ($60) for Criminal Girls 2 on NISA's Store? I can only find either the standard edition ($40) or the party bag edition ($75).

Where can I get in touch with NISA to know if they'll have VGP carrying their limited editions from now on?
Their European department has a live chat on the store, where they answer really quickly in my experience. Not sure if the American department has that as well.

I thought someone shared an Amazon ES link when it was announced by RSG. That one should ship to the UK, right?

Meh, I'd rather get it from one of the UK retailers I already have an account for :p. Especially if they're selling it on amazon.es, it should be up on amazon.co.uk at some point.

It's a shame we never got Fate/Extra CCC in the west.

I was really confident we'd get some PSP -> Vita remasters like we've gotten for a few PS3 games from Japanese devs (Fairy Fencer; Witch & Hundred Knight) but it seems not. I guess backwards compatibility didn't help. Oh well.

Is there a reason to think this will be rare/sought after?

Rising Star Games normally have decent sized runs. It is a bit surprising (from my PoV at least) that it's releasing in less than a month in UK and none of the major retailers (bar 365games apparently) have it listed, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Should be popular with importers as well since it's European-only.

jzbluz

It's a shame we never got Fate/Extra CCC in the west.

I was really confident we'd get some PSP -> Vita remasters like we've gotten for a few PS3 games from Japanese devs (Fairy Fencer; Witch & Hundred Knight) but it seems not. I guess backwards compatibility didn't help. Oh well.

We got tons of VNs, especially otome. I guess VNs are cheaper to port, and not just to make.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all,

I'm in the market for a new impulse Vita game to play this summer holiday, and was hoping for some ideas. Here are the criteria:

- I'm in Japan so neither language or anime styling are an issue. In fact both are very welcome!

- Something with mecha or heavy/industrial sci-fi as a theme.

- Feeling in the mood for action/strategy, but am open to any genre if the game sounds interesting and unique.

- Doesn't need to be a brand new game or one praised for its graphics. Prefer something that runs smooth and plays well.

I intend to march into town tomorrow and spend some pocket money, so please, sell me, GAF!

(Or let me know if there's a better thread where I should ask.)

Shizuka

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a new impulse Vita game to play this summer holiday, and was hoping for some ideas. Here are the criteria:

- I'm in Japan so neither language or anime styling are an issue. In fact both are very welcome!

- Feeling in the mood for action/strategy, but am open to any genre if the game sounds interesting and unique.

- Doesn't need to be a brand new game or one praised for its graphics. Prefer something that runs smooth and plays well.

I intend to march into town tomorrow and spend some pocket money, so please, sell me, GAF!

I'd go with Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS-Force (mecha, sci-fi, action, runs smooth).

RK128

Guys, the developer explained in a response to a post about the "One Way Trip" - coming to PS4 first and Vita later on to avoid issues of a dual-release launch.

The Vita version hasn’t been cancelled at all – we love the Vita, the game looks great running on it, and that version has gotten a really positive response when we’ve had it playable at shows! However, since this is our first time launching a game on console, we were worried about how much a simultaneous launch on two platforms could end up pushing the dates for both back, so we decided that it was best to just release each version as it was ready, so people get a chance to play the game sooner – the Vita version is definitely still coming, and it was a really tough call to stagger the launches, but when I thought about what I’d prefer, as someone who owns and enjoys both systems, I thought I’d rather be able to at least play the game in some form – so I don’t really think of the Vita version as coming later, but as the PS4 version coming out earlier than they would both have if we were launching both at once! But the game will still Cross-Buy, so when the Vita version hits the store, anyone who already owns the PS4 version will be able to download it at no additional cost. Hopefully this helps you understand a little more where we’re coming from – and thanks for your interest in our game!

Source: PS Blog

Guys, the developer explained in a response to a post about the "One Way Trip" - coming to PS4 first and Vita later on to avoid issues of a dual-release launch.

Gee, if only they could've included one sentence on the blog post to avoid all this nonsense instead of saying "PS4 exclusive" in the post they did make.

What a silly situation they could've avoided.

Thanks for this site. I've been trawling through, never heard of them before but they have some good deals. Code Realize for £25 and EDF 2 for £12.

Olengie

Hey all,

Go buy Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny

godisntheradio

Neo Member
about god eater 1&2, my account is US, so i was thinking about getting 1 digital and import the european physical of god eater 2, is there any save file transfer feature from 1 to 2?

anything at all i would lose from importing like free dlc? i know it doesn't interfere in regular updates

Joe Molotov

I'm not anal when it comes to packaging, but Jesus...

gGlXFuA.jpg

xBn81TS.jpg

Oxyd2YT.jpg

GYIEn2M.jpg

KJv8PYz.png

Hilarious.

And this was after my shipment got delayed for a week. Probably not gonna shop with Rice Digital anymore, tbh.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

http://i.imgur.com/KJv8PYz.png[/mg]

Hilarious.

And this was after my shipment got delayed for a week. Probably not gonna shop with Rice Digital anymore, tbh.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn. Mine is going to be messed up too I bet...
Still waiting.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hey all,

If you want a mecha game i suggest gundam breaker 2(3 has worse performances), there's also super hero generation, various super robot war(but the new one will have english subtitles) and cross ange but i don't know how good it is

some noteworthy japanese only vita games that don't really fit your criteria are:
Ukyo no roushi
shin kamaitachi no yoru
Shin Hayarigami 1&2
Utawarerumono: false mask & Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros
hero must die(maybe it will be localized?)
uppers(maybe it will be localized?)
net hight(maybe it will be localized?)
digimon world(it will be localized for sure)
chaos ring trilogy
phantasy star nova
Luminous Arc Infinity
Tokushu Houdoubu
time travellers

KJv8PYz.png

Hilarious.

And this was after my shipment got delayed for a week. Probably not gonna shop with Rice Digital anymore, tbh.

:(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
2+2 thank you for your suggestions!

I'm not sure of the differences between recent Gundam games (VS, SEED and Breaker), but I'll do a bit more research and keep my eyes open. Didn't know I wanted a Gundam game until you all mentioned them!

As for the others, I Googled all of them, and while I'm not really the visual novel type, I do have a soft spot for JRPGs and TBS if they're well polished so I'll see if any fit the budget.

I wouldn't mind spending a minimal amount on something I have no idea about, as then the risk is less and I feel good about broadening my horizons. Will keep what you said in mind as I browse COMG this week :)

Top Bottom