• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I wouldn't mind getting homebrew on one of my Vita's maybe if a decent version of MAME appears one day. Having classic Sega/Capcom/Konami/Taito/Irem etc. games on one handheld would be amazing.

That said, I won't be quitting Vita, ever. I've still got far too many games to play, too many new games to buy as well! I'm pretty much done with all handhelds not named Vita at this point, though I am keeping my eyes open to see what Nintendo does next with their NX.

Chesskid1

Banned
i'm blown away by HENkaku just for the fact we can do english translations.

and the fact that the team who translated PSO2 for PC has announced intentions to translate phantasy star nova and PSO2 for vita if it's possible.

i completely gave up ever playing those games on the vita in english

i think i'm around 60 vita games since i started collecting this year and i'm still missing a ton i want to buy (..and play)

vita is life!

i'm blown away by HENkaku just for the fact we can do english translations.

and the fact that the team who translated PSO2 for PC has announced intentions to translate phantasy star nova and PSO2 for vita if it's possible.

i completely gave up ever playing those games on the vita in english

i think i'm around 60 vita games since i started collecting this year and i'm still missing a ton i want to buy (..and play)

vita is life!

I'd not considered this avenue. The potential for Vita games getting English translations would be a massive bonus (if its possible). That alone would definitely make this homebrew worthwhile.

Really? The first one only got a USK 16 rating here.

Edit: More here -> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpHawXqXEAAcB4d.jpg:large

Especially weird, considering the PEGI rating (16, which isn't even PEGI's top rating). I would like to know USK's reasoning here.

The USK encourages people to contact them about decisions about certain games and I'm pretty sure you'd recieve a detailed answer if you did. Although I can imagine what it is. It's just weirdly inconsistent, especially with PEGI going down to 16.

Also just curious, is the physical NA/ESRB version exclusive to the NISA store LE? I can't seem to find a standard version anywhere.

VLiberty

Super Challenge should be out in Europe now right? I've picked it up on the Euro store today, but I'm from the UK so is it out elsewhere in Europe?
Either way, its been well worth the money as the levels are a step up in difficulty from the previous Mudds game, challenging, but just challenging enough that they still feel very possible. Not sure about the boss battles though, none I've really fought yet have been all that awesome, just serviceable.

It's not available in the other eu countries. I had to play the first game on 3DS, as much as I loved it I don't know if I want a harder game as that was already pretty hard, but playing 2d platformers on 3DS is always tougher. I have a feeling that it would be much easier with a dpad, especially with the Vita one(which is the best one ever made)

It's not available in the other eu countries. I had to play the first game on 3DS, as much as I loved it I don't know if I want a harder game as that was already pretty hard, but playing 2d platformers on 3DS is always tougher. I have a feeling that it would be much easier with a dpad, especially with the Vita one(which is the best one ever made)

That sucks, I didn't realise it hadn't been released in other EU countries :( I'd say difficulty wise, this game is probably about as difficult as the granny bonus levels in the original Mutant Mudds game. If you've played those then it gives you an idea what to expect.

Also just curious, is the physical NA/ESRB version exclusive to the NISA store LE? I can't seem to find a standard version anywhere.

Could have sworn they had a regular edition on their store at one point, guess it may have just been the first one I was noticing. Pretty sure it's LE/Nisa store exclusive as no other retailer has a listing for it. Can't blame them for having it exclusive though, as this thing is niche as hell considering part of the target audience doesn't even want it. It's in their best interest to not have to split profits with retailers on it.

VLiberty

That sucks, I didn't realise it hadn't been released in other EU countries :( I'd say difficulty wise, this game is probably about as difficult as the granny bonus levels in the original Mutant Mudds game. If you've played those then it gives you an idea what to expect.

I've 100%ed MMD so that's fine to me. Thanks!

I've 100%ed MMD so that's fine to me. Thanks!

I'm sure you'll be fine then :) The last bit of the last level though (5-4) is straight up evil though. You have evil enemy placement, those annoying crushers that swing into the foreground (1 hit killing you if they connect) AND ice on the floor. In the end I had to basically just use my health to my advantage and abuse my invincibility frames to clear the stage since it demanded an insane level of perfection to clear. Otherwise the levels have all been fair, just seems like they threw that difficulty hike in there to be bastards, I can't think of any other explanation!

Coda

Just picked up a copy of Uppers. I'm excited to play it, hope it's not too hard to understand not knowing Japanese at all.

The USK encourages people to contact them about decisions about certain games and I'm pretty sure you'd recieve a detailed answer if you did. Although I can imagine what it is. It's just weirdly inconsistent, especially with PEGI going down to 16

Yes, they are really great in terms of communication. I wrote to them. Curious to see what they will answer.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/nis-announces-action-rpg-princess-money-hungry-ps-vita

Another new RPG from NIS for Vita, releasing November in Japan. Another one for me to wait with baited breath only for it to not get localized -_-

Also, seems NIS are still going full steam ahead with their deconstruction of the JRPG genre. What happens after you beat the final boss; reminiscing about your adventures while fighting the final boss and now all about collecting money.

Shizuka

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/nis-announces-action-rpg-princess-money-hungry-ps-vita

Another new RPG from NIS for Vita, releasing November in Japan. Another one for me to wait with baited breath only for it to not get localized -_-

Also, seems NIS are still going full steam ahead with their deconstruction of the JRPG genre. What happens after you beat the final boss; reminiscing about your adventures while fighting the final boss and now all about collecting money.

NIS will milk the Vita for as long as they can and I'm okay with that.

NIS will milk the Vita for as long as they can and I'm okay with that.

This support is just years too late. In the first year of Vita's life we got a Disgaea port and Special Reporting Division, while they continued to churn stuff out for the PS3. Then it was a year until they released anything else, which was a port of Criminal Girls followed by another Disgaea port.

I feel the early Vita audience would've been much more receptive to these games when there was less choice. Things like Monster Monpiece and Demon Gaze showed the right games at the right time can be a big hit. I'm guessing this one will bomb just as hard as Hero Must Die/Cladun/World's Longest 5 Minutes did, which is a shame.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/demon-gaze-ii-adds-maintenance-dating-systems

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has new information on Demon Gaze II, Kadokawa Games and Experience’s upcoming RPG sequel for PS Vita.

Within the Maintenance Room in your base, you’ll be able to perform maintenance on a demon. By doing this, you’ll increase your favorability with the demon. To perform maintenance, you’ll need “Maintenance Crystals,” which you’ll find in the game’s dungeons. Maintenance sees you trying to find the “feel good” spot of a demon, who fills the entire screen.

There is also a dating system. You’ll be able to enjoy various date events with the demons whose favorability you’ve raised, and if you increase a demon’s favorability level during a date, their ability will also increase.

Lol.

Shizuka

Excuse me - you forgot the best part:

I9gGW.gif

Saphirax

I got to admit that I'm superficial enough that I was intrigued by romancing male demons. Not really expecting anything apart from bromance because fujobait.

Have they said anything about the main character being specifically male again? Even so, you're probably right. That's what usually happens.

Still - small steps!

Shizuka

Amazon "delayed" Corpse Party 3DS' placeholder from August to October. I guess that means Cold Steel II will probably become a November title now.

Cotrip

The stretch goal for the Vita version of Glitched has been met.

They expect to launch the game on early 2018, but we all know they will take a lot more than that and the Vita version will probably get cancelled. :(

BTA

Amazon "delayed" Corpse Party 3DS' placeholder from August to October. I guess that means Cold Steel II will probably become a November title now.

Ehh, on one hand, there's faaaar too much coming out in October as is. On the other, I meant to play through all 3 Corpse Party games last October when Blood Drive came out, and now after putting that off for so long, I guess it's fitting that it'll happen this year instead. Hopefully.

It always amuses to see how broken the currency converter is at Rice Digital. £34.99 vs $64.99 vs 54.99€ - am I missing something here?
Let's check the help pages!

All of our pricing is localized. We include shipping in the pricing so the price you see is the price you will pay.

The lowest price will always be in your local currency and we will automatically select your currency based on your current IP address and related location

Please be aware – if you have the wrong currency selected, the shipping rates will be significantly higher and although it may look cheaper at first, this will change once shipping is added. The lowest price is always your local currency.

Which is all a lie. Shipping is extra and the same in each currency

so yeah. Rice being Rice

just went to an second hand charity store and picked up Tokyo Twilight for 10 australian dollars.
I gotta be mixed about this game.

The VN part is great and has really nice art.

The combat is literally chess except your moves and the enemies moves play at the same time so you have to attack where you predict the enemy will move rather than move to it on your own separate turn to attack.

This leads to frustration as the enemy AI moves in such a way where it predicts where you will attack, move around your attack radius and attack you from the side or behind. Meaning your left guessing and the enemy AI will hit you 100 percent.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I gotta be mixed about this game.

The VN part is great and has really nice art.

The combat is literally chess except your moves and the enemies moves play at the same time so you have to attack where you predict the enemy will move rather than move to it on your own separate turn to attack.

This leads to frustration as the enemy AI moves in such a way where it predicts where you will attack, move around your attack radius and attack you from the side or behind. Meaning your left guessing and the enemy AI will hit you 100 percent.

It's a LOT easier than you think, make characters cover each other in the sense that the attack of one character should attack the area where another character is, this way if a ghost attacks a character it will be hit by the attack of another character.

God I hope so. Already got four confirmed Vita games slated for September and October, not even counting PS4 games. A little buffer room would be nice.

gpn

September is a killer.

In addition to FF XV Ultimate Edition (ouch!) and Dragon Quest VII 3DS, for Vita I've got ordered...

- Psycho Pass LE
- Criminal Girls 2 Party Favors Edition
- Shantae Risky Beats
- Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
- Steins;Gate 0
- Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II

For being a "dead" system, I think Vita gets more releases than WiiU or Xbox One.

Top Bottom