• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
That sucks, I am hoping a concept like Crunchyroll comes along soon and "simulcasts" new Japanese games, by getting subtitles on them on release day.
Mmm, yes, then after we partake of our same-day game localizations, we can abscond to the TV studio to sit in the live audience for the filming of an animated show. Bully days ahead, yessah.

Vamphuntr

There's about 3 games I want in the OP. Oreshika 2, Danganronpa 2 and Freedom wars. Once these are out my Vita's future will look pretty grim.

yurinka

Really awesome OP, there are a lot of great games coming to Vita. I had some of them under the radar, but there are a number of cool ones I didn't know they were coming.

Fat Princess isn't a full game sadly and instead a match three game or something. :/

Lots of interesting games there. My Vita will be getting a lot of use.

to OP-This is a list taken from Blacklagoon´s blog a guy from GiantBomb he actually have a very good and complete list so. there are a few
that arent on your list and would be awesome to put all this games with a little screenshot for each one on this thread. Let me remind you that this list is mostly NA releases based but still impressive.

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake - Match three with the princess

Man, wish it was the full game. It'd be alot of fun on the Vita.

redcrayon

It's interesting how many of these were announced earlier this year, back in March/April it seemed like every day had a different title being listed for Vita.
It does mean that most of this lot are due for 2015, but even so I'm surprised at the sheer variety of gameplay here. I don't use a PC or Ps3 for gaming so everything might as well be an exclusive to me.

I love portable strategy games and it looks like C-Wars, Natural Doctrine, Project Phoenix, Liege, Frozen Synapse and co will keep me company on the commute for a while.

Otherwise, I'll take

Stranger of Sword City
Hyper Light Drifter
Hotline Miami 2
Mighty No. 9
Titan Souls
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Walking Dead Season 2 (I suspect the season bundle is inevitable)
Rogue Legacy
Cosmic Star Heroine
Flame Over
Forma-8
Guns Up!
Helldivers
Oreshika
Risk of Rain
Road not Taken
Dragon Fin Soup
Don't Starve
Shantae
Starbound
Tales from the Borderlands
Binding of Isaac
Mechrunner
Heroes of Loot
Murasaki Baby
Tales of Hearts R
La Mulana
Axiom verge
Broforce

I really don't see how some are so quick to dismiss indie games. I've been playing portable games since the GameBoy, and often they have been put together by teams no bigger than 4 or 5 people, the only difference being that they had a huge publisher buying ad space in the magazines and it came on a cartridge. So many of the games here look like really smart ideas with decent art direction that just wouldn't see the light of day from risk-averse larger publishers.

The one I'm currently a bit suspicious of is Rainbow Skies, as I played it's predecessor which quickly descended into repetitive IAP hell despite being a paid-for title. Fortunately the free demo was enough to ward me off. Still, it takes all sorts, some people must have enjoyed it if it's getting a sequel.

Almost certain :

Stranger of Sword City
Hotline Miami 2
Oreshika
Broforce
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Hyper Light Drifter
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Heart Forth, Alicia
Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters
Brandish the Dark Revenant (PSP, likely Vita compatible)
Phantasy Star Nova
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus
Dungeon Travelers 2

So many great games.to come <3

Awesome OP!!

There's sooo many games on that list I want and so many more I didn't even know about.

For the immediate future I'll be getting Rogue Legacy and Swapper.

A bunch of srpgs too.

And for AAA Titles: danganronpa 2 and freedom wars and natural doctrine.

Lots to play on vita for sure.

Vamphuntr

Awesome OP!!

There's sooo many games on that list I want and so many more I didn't even know about.

For the immediate future I'll be getting Rogue Legacy and Swapper.

A bunch of srpgs too.

And for AAA Titles: danganronpa 2 and freedom wars and natural doctrine.

Lots to play on vita for sure.

None of these games are AAA games actually.

Faustek

None of these games are AAA games actually.

Within their respective market I would say they are. Perhaps not treated that way in the west.

Should add that Freedom Wars definitely is. Danganronpa is mostly from fan fervour but they are going all out compared to other VNs. For Natural Doctrine it was Kadokawa's big initial step. Apparently people didn't like it in Japan though.

Vamphuntr

Within their respective market I would say they are. Perhaps not treated that way in the west.

Should add that Freedom Wars definitely is. Danganronpa is mostly from fan fervour but they are going all out compared to other VNs. For Natural Doctrine it was Kadokawa's big initial step. Apparently people didn't like it in Japan though.

AAA usually refers to game made by huge development team and with a big budget. I'm pretty sure you can apply it to Asian market too. If these games are AAA than Final Fantasy XV and Resident Evil 7 will be 50A.

TRI Mike

A lot of content for the underrated little guy. The Vita is honestly a fantastic machine and it's very sad that it's not getting the love it deserves. At least there'll be a shit ton of games for it. I already have Shinovi Versus and HyperNep Rebirth:1 on my aim and am crossing fingers for a Ayesha+ and Bullet Girls localization.

The vita community is strong again.. all is right..
tumblr_n7eodvaLSb1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Faustek

AAA usually refers to game made by huge development team and with a big budget. I'm pretty sure you can apply it to Asian market too. If these games are AAA than Final Fantasy XV and Resident Evil 7 will be 50A.

So your saying there doesn't exist Triple A games on handhelds? Please put it in relative terms before applying console standards.

What is that white stuff on her mouth? LOL

Its a mustache. Santa apparently sports a stache these days.

Holy shit - maybe the most epic OP of all time. Nicely done.

I love the Vita, but for me there's a lot of quantity and a dearth of anything to really get me excited on that list. I think Tearaway is extra cruel in the sense that it showed us how good vita games could be, only to demonstrate definitely how poorly they sell, and thus be indirectly responsible for them never getting made again.

Sigh.

JoJoSono

Banned
So your saying there doesn't exist Triple A games on handhelds? Please put it in relative terms before applying console standards.

I don't think thats what he's saying. Nowhere did he say handheld games can't have big teams and budgets,

But I very much doubt danganronpa 2 natural doctrine had either. One is a visual novel and the other looks like a very cheaply made game.

Freedom Wars though is probably a AAA game.

VLiberty

Why would a simple list of games coming out set someone off.

Anyways good Vidya coming out for vita.

You know what's more funny? Almost every console has/used to have an upcoming release thread.

The only thing I can come up with to explain some of the reaction is probably that this thread has proved wrong a lot of people. ;)

We (Laughing Jackal) were confirmed a booth at GamesCom. We've got a playable of our new game Flame Over so I hope if you're attending you'll come give the game a try. The picture in OP is from pre-pre-pre alpha stages. Here is the latest screen direct from our GamesCom build:

BtFwYckIMAAj_Te.png:large

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Are we any closer to a Freedom Wars release date in NA? I've been watching a lot of Attack on Titan lately and it's made me want to play FW even more.

XOMTOR

We (Laughing Jackal) were confirmed a booth at GamesCom. We've got a playable of our new game Flame Over so I hope if you're attending you'll come give the game a try. The picture in OP is from pre-pre-pre alpha stages. Here is the latest screen direct from our GamesCom build:

Looks good but one thing I need to ask: why do so many games on Vita lack anti-aliasing? The 543MP4+ is supposed to offer AA at pretty much no cost (at least according to the PowerVR spec sheet). Any ideas?

Looks good but one thing I need to ask: why do so many games on Vita lack anti-aliasing? The 543MP4+ is supposed to offer AA at pretty much no cost (at least according to the PowerVR spec sheet). Any ideas?

We take about a 10fps hit when enabling AA. Once we hit the optimisation stage and I can potentially lock it to 30fps i'll aim for some AA. 60fps is a pipe dream though :(

Mihos

Gold Member
My Vita backlog is already so big with Demon Gaze, Deception, FFX-2 already started, but Conception, Mind 0 and all 3 Atlier games all in waiting.

Faustek

I guess we found Wally.

Haha dammit! I didn't even notice it. Now I need to buy the game :D

I don't think thats what he's saying. Nowhere did he say handheld games can't have big teams and budgets,

But I very much doubt danganronpa 2 natural doctrine had either. One is a visual novel and the other looks like a very cheaply made game.

Freedom Wars though is probably a AAA game.

I don't think he is either. Just that if we're going to Judge triple A games for Handhelds we need to put it in relative terms to that respective market.

Danganronpa, a visual novel going all in with animated sequences, don't usually see VNs getting that. And as I said, might be the fan fervour that is tricking me.

Kadowa apparently went all in on Natural doctrine, didn't pay off. Looks like crap for PS4 but I'll welcome it to my Vita. Still they're a huge company and in respect to the Vita it's more than we've seen from any SRPG in ages.

And lastly Freedom Wars. Yepp, that game screams AAA. For a handheld :)

XOMTOR

We take about a 10fps hit when enabling AA. Once we hit the optimisation stage and I can potentially lock it to 30fps i'll aim for some AA. 60fps is a pipe dream though :(

Ouch, 10fps?? I guess it's not so "free" after all, that's MSAA levels of performance impact. I take it there's no support for any post-process AA methods similar to MLAA or SMAA? Interesting regardless, I always wondered about this. Thanks.

Gbraga

Oh my god, La Mulana is coming to Vita?? I was always ashamed of not having played it yet, but now I feel like my life had a purpose, I need to play this on Vita.

Ouch, 10fps?? I guess it's not so "free" after all, that's MSAA levels of performance impact. I take it there's no support for any post-process AA methods similar to MLAA or SMAA? Interesting regardless, I always wondered about this. Thanks.

I'll be looking into it more in crunch time. I haven't enabled it for about 5 months :) we've clawed back a lot of fps in that time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

This is on my radar now. That looks fun. Hope it hits this year in the states and is reasonably priced.

Cha

Geez, I thought I only had like 10 games to look forward to before looking at this list.
Now that I counted properly, I'm up to 17 "insta-buys" +5 more if they get localized +11 more depending on price or how well they run on Vita. My poor wallet :(

Totally forgot about Collectems. Was really looking forward to that at one stage. Hope it delivers. Also, I want mah Assault Android Cactus!

Vamphuntr

I don't think he is either. Just that if we're going to Judge triple A games for Handhelds we need to put it in relative terms to that respective market.

Danganronpa, a visual novel going all in with animated sequences, don't usually see VNs getting that. And as I said, might be the fan fervour that is tricking me.

Kadowa apparently went all in on Natural doctrine, didn't pay off. Looks like crap for PS4 but I'll welcome it to my Vita. Still they're a huge company and in respect to the Vita it's more than we've seen from any SRPG in ages.

And lastly Freedom Wars. Yepp, that game screams AAA. For a handheld :)

Even if you simply ignore the rest of the games and simply compare to the handheld market, I'm pretty sure AAA are rare on handhelds for the simple reason that having the huge sales required to broke even are rarely met outside of some Nintendo properties.

I'm pretty much convinced that something like DQ IX, MH 4 and a mainline Pokémon game have much more resources dedicated to than Natural Doctrine, Freedom Wars and Dangan Ronpa 2.

Freedom Wars also reuse the 6-7 same maps for the whole game. The game is so big and important they are not even dubbing it for release. That doesn't scream AAA to me :p.

Top Bottom