• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Much to play and look forward to :D
Yeah. I'm very pleased with how my top screen turned out. :)

VxIlDDs.jpg

(I usually don't have Cho Aniki Zero where it is, but Paulo's bulge might be a bit too real for GAF. ;3)

Fady K

The table top racing thing looked very cool to me but after seeing the video...it seems like it has a huuuuuuuuge cash-shop and pay-to-win scheme behind it (pay money to get a better car ? hmpf...). Kind of a shame because I absolutely loved the old micromachine games on my Megadrive !

Also great about Unmechanical :) I'm working with the composer for that game right now on another project, it's gonna be fun having one of his older contributions on my vita !

Hmmm...I have not played the game yet hence I cannot comment though reviews did not call it out for any pay-to-win schemes as far as I know.

Oh nice, good luck with your project and I hope we get to play it on the Vita someday too :D

I missed these news, thanks!

You're always most welcome man :)

Wow, looks amazing!
Does it come to Europe?

No confirmations yet Ruud (as far as I know) but as it is an Atlus published game I bet it will come out in Europe :D

ObTra9I.jpg

(I usually don't have Cho Aniki Zero where it is, but Paulo's bulge might be a bit too real for GAF. ;3)

Danganronpa! Good man :D

Sorry to take it off topic, but I can't find a general Vita OT. Is there a way to hard reset the console? Mine appears to have crashed while trying to download Virtue's Last Reward; the screen is frozen black and the PS button is permanently highlighted blue. I can't switch it off or do anything to make it respond, although it did make a noise when I removed the memory card. It's an original phat Vita. Any tips would be appreciated. I had about half battery charge, so if I have to wait it out I imagine it'll take several days on 'standby' mode to run out of juice.

Sorry to take it off topic, but I can't find a general Vita OT. Is there a way to hard reset the console? Mine appears to have crashed while trying to download Virtue's Last Reward; the screen is frozen black and the PS button is permanently highlighted blue. I can't switch it off or do anything to make it respond, although it did make a noise when I removed the memory card. It's an original phat Vita. Any tips would be appreciated. I had about half battery charge, so if I have to wait it out I imagine it'll take several days on 'standby' mode to run out of juice.

Press the power off/on button for 30 seconds.

I had the same issue recently, my Vita froze while opening Proteus.

So are all of the games in the OP confirmed, with release dates? If so, that's pretty damn incredible. There are so many games there that look appealing based on the images alone. Especially a lot of those retro-styled indie games. Some of those are gorgeous.

Wow, GOTY huh?? People have been praising it like there's no tomorrow :D Sounds great! It always looked charming to me since its Steam release. So awesome how we can play it on the go now!

Metrico looks pretty decent and different, the Swapper in particular looks GREAT. Can't wait to play that one! Table Top Racing seems pretty awesome. Here is a very good review by the sixth axis on the game. Scored an 8/10.

Metrico let me down big time. I've played through most of it today but the forced Gyro levels are just terrible and make the game terribly difficult for no reason other than poorly implemented controls. I've hit a brick wall in terms of progress in the game and I think I'll just wait for a patch (if one gets released) as its just unplayable for me at the moment (unless I'm doing something really wrong).

The Swapper on the other hand is the total opposite. Its controls are excellent and the puzzles are really well done. I can tell I'll have lots of issues with later puzzles as a few of them so far have really caused me to take a while to solve them but its a really fun game.
That and the atmosphere/music of the game is hauntingly beautiful, it reminds me of Deadspace weirdly enough.

ObTra9I.jpg

haha this is great.

Not for me though (in more ways than one)...I just don't get the hot girl/guy thing on backgrounds. I mean do you really want to get horny every time you open your Vita?

Fady K

DanganRonpa 2 is just around the corner too. I can't wait. ^_^

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed will be first up though.

Likewise, looks like a REALLY interesting series (Dangan).

I may go for the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip myself.

So are all of the games in the OP confirmed, with release dates? If so, that's pretty damn incredible. There are so many games there that look appealing based on the images alone. Especially a lot of those retro-styled indie games. Some of those are gorgeous.

Many of the games do not have release dates however you'll eventually notice with Vita games many release dates get confirmed only weeks or at most a couple of months before release ^^

Metrico let me down big time. I've played through most of it today but the forced Gyro levels are just terrible and make the game terribly difficult for no reason other than poorly implemented controls. I've hit a brick wall in terms of progress in the game and I think I'll just wait for a patch (if one gets released) as its just unplayable for me at the moment (unless I'm doing something really wrong).

The Swapper on the other hand is the total opposite. Its controls are excellent and the puzzles are really well done. I can tell I'll have lots of issues with later puzzles as a few of them so far have really caused me to take a while to solve them but its a really fun game.
That and the atmosphere/music of the game is hauntingly beautiful, it reminds me of Deadspace weirdly enough.

Really? Sucks to hear that. I have not played Metrico yet but I am intrigued by the unique look of the game so far. Sucks when a unique idea is not matched by good controls, game mechanics, etc.

As for the Swapper, it sure looks amazing :) One of the very best looking indie games on the Vita for me. So glad we got studios like Curve who keep on porting over lovely titles!

sajj316

haha this is great.

Not for me though (in more ways than one)...I just don't get the hot girl/guy thing on backgrounds. I mean do you really want to get horny every time you open your Vita?

I think some get horny with or without the backgrounds. The machine screams .. sex!!

Seriously thinking about ordering a Japanese Vita from Amazon sometime in the near future. The Vita library is just insane. Anyway, is this a good idea?

y/n

haha this is great.

Well, it's not like I turn into a hound dog at the mere site of a hot guy, but he's a very nice sight to see when I start up my system. The human body is the most beautiful thing there is, why not appreciate it? (It's inspirational too. Reminds me think I should get off my lazy backside and put in some workout time.)

And I love the amount of customization the Vita has for the UI. It's not perfect, but getting some nice wallpaper and having the various bubbles sit just right is very satisfying.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously thinking about ordering a Japanese Vita from Amazon sometime in the near future. The Vita library is just insane. Anyway, is this a good idea?

y/n
If you can deal with O and X being swapped in some cases I'd say yes, since you already seem to be interested in it.

redcrayon

I'm also really interested in the Swapper, it looks like a nice combination of puzzles and atmosphere.

Metrico didn't do much for me- I played through half of it on the train this morning and, once I got to the motion-control bits, I realised I just wasn't enjoying it any more. Each puzzle had me pretty much try every possible action in order to see the effects, then break them down to come up with a solution. Personally it felt like a game that thinks it's a lot smarter than it is, I like the art style but that's about it.

The less said about Proteus the better. It crashed my Vita upon first opening it, requiring a hard reset. After 30 minutes of wandering around, chasing animals, it was apparent that I wasn't exploring, just looking for anything that might trigger something interesting to happen. Another one uninstalled fairly quickly.

Fady K

I'm also really interested in the Swapper, it looks like a nice combination of puzzles and atmosphere.

Metrico didn't do much for me- I played through half of it on the train this morning and, once I got to the motion-control bits, I realised I just wasn't enjoying it any more. Each puzzle had me pretty much try every possible action in order to see the effects, then break them down to come up with a solution. Personally it felt like a game that thinks it's a lot smarter than it is, I like the art style but that's about it.

The less said about Proteus the better. It crashed my Vita upon first opening it, requiring a hard reset. After 30 minutes of wandering around, chasing animals, it was apparent that I wasn't exploring, just looking for anything that might trigger something interesting to happen. Another one uninstalled fairly quickly.

Heard nothing but great things about The Swapper. It appears that Metrico has polarized reviews! As for Proteus, I could never guess what genre it is! Shame about the constant freezing though!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK DISGAEA 4 vs DANGANRONPA 2 vs. NATURAL DOCTRINE," said my wallet.

I also don't understand the point of Proteus. Even viewed as an "art", it sucks.

To think that at point they charged it more than 10 bucks? IIRC? Blasphemous.

Fady K

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK DISGAEA 4 vs DANGANRONPA 2 vs. NATURAL DOCTRINE," said my wallet.

I also don't understand the point of Proteus. Even viewed as an "art", it sucks.

I finally know what your avatar is! I saw an ad recently haha.

First up, Disgaea 4 tomorrow ^_^

I think that if Proteus had actual gameplay, it could be decent.
I had fun roaming about for a few minutes, but it lost its charm fast.

Mostly because the Japanese ones seem to have more attractive color schemes, in my opinion.

I hadn't even considered that, but I think I'd get used to it.

Apparently it is only really a factor navigating the OS and by all accounts you get used to it fairly quickly.

redcrayon

My wallet and brain are having a bit of a discussion over September 26. It's a choice between meeting my need for bastard-hard SRPGs with Natural Doctrine or picking up something more relaxing with Fantasy Life on the 3DS instead. Might depend on how busy next month at work is :D

This autumn is looking great for the portables, as well as those we have Danganronpa 2 and Freedom Wars on the Vita, plus Theatrhythm, Persona Q and Smash on the 3DS. That's on top of the veritable horde of indie stuff and anything announced at Gamescom. Great times.

@Fady K
Thanks so much for keeping this thread updated, I really appreciate it!

Fady K

SIX Vita games coming out this week :D

Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed
xseed_games_62622.jpg

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Demo too)
disgaea-4.jpg

Hohokum (CROSS BUY :D)
Hohokum-3.jpg

Gravity Crash Ultra
gravity-crash-ultra.png

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
PBBGOD-PS4.jpg

My Singing Monsters
MSM+halloween+small.png

My wallet and brain are having a bit of a discussion over September 26. It's a choice between meeting my need for bastard-hard SRPGs with Natural Doctrine or picking up something more relaxing with Fantasy Life on the 3DS instead. Might depend on how busy next month at work is :D

This autumn is looking great for the portables, as well as those we have Danganronpa 2 and Freedom Wars on the Vita, plus Theatrhythm, Persona Q and Smash on the 3DS. That's on top of the veritable horde of indie stuff and anything announced at Gamescom. Great times.

@Fady K
Thanks so much for keeping this thread updated, I really appreciate it!

You're most welcome redcrayon :) I'll keep doing my best! By the way, Fantasy Life should hit sometime in October, so maybe Natural Doctrne could tide you over till then :D

We can't have a Vita OT.

forms

I am so happy Proteus was aps+game. I have been wanting to play it, but never took the plunge. Now that I have tried it I was bored senseless. Yes it is special, yes it had a nice atmosphere and yes I love exploration.

It just didn't, you know, Click.

I want Phantasy Star so, so very much. In english.

Fady K

Hello guys :)

Some small Vita news for the day:

*A new Vita game has been announced: The Hungry Horde by Sony XDEV and Nosebleed Interactive and it is looking really cool. Here is a trailer!
14861214734_2b5a8b4e3a_z.jpg

*Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd will be coming out around the 20th (NA) and 21st (EU) of November this year.
20130919_projectdiva03.jpg

*Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters has been given a 2015 release date, previously unknown.

*A new preview of the game Assault Android Cactus has gone up :). Enjoy
14864256375_5e144d4dff_z.jpg

*Here is a new preview of one of the biggest Vita games of this year - Freedom Wars - contains a new video.

*A small update on Minecraft - the reason why no solid release date has popped up yet is because developer 4J studios is ironing out some bugs (on the PS4 and Xb1 version as well).

*The developer of the amazing looking Chasm on PS4 is exploring the possibility of a Vita version.

*A new Japanese game called M3 The Dark Metal Adventure (based on an anime series) has been announced for the Vita by Bandai Namco. It should hit Japanese vitas on November 20th. I'll add it to the OP when we get solid gameplay screens.

Hope you guys are enjoying these Vita updates, wishing you all a peaceful and blessed day :)

You nasty. I wish my Vita was so sexy, I just have Conception II Torri screenshots.
;)

It's not hard to make some nice Vita wallpapers by yourself. There's even this cool site that will resize any image for you. It has a couple of cool options.

Also, this should totally be the general Vita Community Thread. Fady, you're doing an awesome job with it. :)

Fady K

Also, this should totally be the general Vita Community Thread. Fady, you're doing an awesome job with it. :)

Thanks a lot for the very kind words friend :) I'll keep doing my best and update you guys with all the worthy bits and pieces I spot online, from release dates to good previews to announcements :)

seeing that list makes me feel like I'm spoiled since I've played the majority of that stuff on PC but as for the playstation exclusive stuff all of that excites me

Fady K

seeing that list makes me feel like I'm spoiled since I've played the majority of that stuff on PC but as for the playstation exclusive stuff all of that excites me

For gamers like you I should work on differentiating the Vita exclusive stuff (as little as it may be) from the rest of the library.

Fady K

Seriously? Is there a reason why?

Also, both Hohokum and Gravity Crash Ultra out tomorrow. Balls. I think I'm going to have to pass on one of those, and it will probably be GCU. Sorry JAW!

Worry not, it will likely go on sale soon. Vita owners never have to worry about missing a title as the developers are excellent at providing special offers :D

Also for the strategy/RPG fans in here, Disgaea 4 is a no brainer :D

redcrayon

Worry not, it will likely go on sale soon. Vita owners never have to worry about missing a title as the developers are excellent at providing special offers :D

Also for the strategy/RPG fans in here, Disgaea 4 is a no brainer :D
I don't know what it is about Disgaea, I've tried to get into it twice on both PS3 and PSP but it just doesn't click with me. I love Fire Emblem, FFT, Tactics Ogre, Front Mission, anything even vaguely like a SRPG, but I can't put my finger on exactly why it doesn't work for me. I can see the near endless depth to it and the comedy, both of which I'd normally be all over. Sometimes no matter how much you really want to like something, you can't force it.

Top Bottom