• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Add Forget-me-Not to the list.
A gorgeous pacman rogue-like mashup from nyarlu. It's what Pacman would look like if those pills were real and the perfect fit for Vita and that screen.

This game reminds me of Evac HD. A game I played and loved on a Xperia Play. Hopefully this is a better experience.

redcrayon

They should have just put a picture of a Vita up on screen with a link to this thread underneath it.

If Nintendo had 200-odd games on the way to the 3DS eshop, there's no way they'd be so 'complacent' about it.

VLiberty

They should have just put a picture of a Vita up on screen with a link to this thread underneath it.

If Nintendo had 200-odd games on the way to the 3DS eshop, there's no way they'd be so 'complacent' about it.

Nailed it.

They are not even bothering with this console. It's not a matter of first party support, it's a matter of making people know that it still exist

At E3 Nintendo had next to nothing for 3DS: three games they already showed a million times and only one actual new game, which, was it on Vita, would have been put in that "niche japanese games no one actually gives a shit about" category. So, what did they do? They started hyping up the showing for "a secret 3ds title" since a month before E3 and gave it a long and deep show.

The consensus after E3 was that 3DS' show was good and the console was in a healthy state(which tbf weren't) while Vita was completely dead.

tl;dr: if you're good at marketing and care about your products, you can make people believe that your products are in a healthier state than they actually are. If you are shit and don't care about your products that don't end with a number, you can even lead people to believe that your product is somewhat worse than it actually is.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Nailed it.

They are not even bothering with this console. It's not a matter of first party support, it's a matter of making people know that it still exist

At E3 Nintendo had next to nothing for 3DS: three games they already showed a million times and only one actual new game, which, was it on Vita, would have been put in that "niche japanese games no one actually gives a shit about" category. So, what did they do? They started hyping up the showing for "a secret 3ds title" since a month before E3 and gave it a long and deep show.

The consensus after E3 was that 3DS' show was good and the console was in a healthy state(which tbf weren't) while Vita was completely dead.

tl;dr: if you're good at marketing and care about your products, you can make people believe that your products are in a healthier state than they actually are. If you are shit and don't care about your products that don't end with a number, you can even lead people to believe that your product is somewhat worse than it actually is.
Exactly. I wasnt even mad at the lack of Vita announcements. I wasn't expecting anything there. I was mad at the lack of Vita attention. Sony are just content to let people think the system has no games coming for it when it has loads. The way Sony have handled the Vita sours me on the company as a whole. They just don't seem to give a shit.

Klart

I want Mother Russia Bleeds on Vita.

The dev blog post of 17th of July speaks of "A 2D beat’em all thought to be released on PC and consoles", so console ports look like a serious option. I'd love a PS4/Vita cross buy.

Weekly "Where's my Minecraft" bitch.

Apparently the PS4 version has been handed over to Sony for final testing whereas the Vita and XB1 versions still are being weeded out for bugs :/

VLiberty

Exactly. I wasnt even mad at the lack of Vita announcements. I wasn't expecting anything there. I was mad at the lack of Vita attention. Sony are just content to let people think the system has no games coming for it when it has loads. The way Sony have handled the Vita sours me on the company as a whole. They just don't seem to give a shit.

This. Vita's treatment has left such a disgusting taste in my mouth I'm starting to seriously reconsider the choice I was going to make (PS4 instead of the bone)

VLiberty

I'm completely fine with what Vita is getting, I'll probably get 30+ games and they keep getting announced, but I can't stand

1) the total abandonment from a first/"second" party games perspective
2) the total lack of care about advertising the console and making people know what is coming on the console

That's just awful.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They are though, look at the games in this thread

And yet they can't even be bothered to let people know these games are coming at the second biggest gaming event of the year. They're content to act like the system doesn't exist.

To be clear Vita is my most played platform and I'm looking forward to many games for it. But Sony's treatment of the system has been disgusting.

Moobabe

I'm completely fine with what Vita is getting, I'll probably get 30+ games and they keep getting announced, but I can't stand

2) the total lack of care about advertising the console and making people know what is coming on the console

That's just awful.

The first part I can deal with - it's the second that absolutely baffles me.

I tweeted Shahid last night about it when he was on the defensive listing all the games coming to Vita:

I told him that it's not the number of games coming that concerns us.

He then told me that if I was referring to quality (which I wasn't) then I should know that his team has exceptionally high standards.

It's this head in the sand bullshit that I don't get - and I'm a huge fan of Shahid and his work.

This thread alone PROVES that the Vita has games coming, and good games at that.

But what announcements did we get for the Vita yesterday? Or, more specifically, HOW did we get them?

Shahid's tweets.

THAT'S IT. We get occasional blog posts from developers to let us know but no dedicated Vita events, no streams, nothing - but people's complaints must be regarding "NO AAA GAMEZ!" or "VITA HAZ NO GAMES?!"

Wake the fuck up Sony.

redcrayon

Just a thought, I wonder if we could add release windows to each entry, for ease of reference. Maybe it's not worth doing when so many have a vague '2015' date at the mo!

That would be a bit of research though, and probably too much for one person. Maybe a few of us could divvy it up and post them here, to minimise upkeep? A version of the list as just text in order of release dates would be cool too. Good/poor idea?

//ARCANUM

I think my biggest worry about Sony not properly advertising the VITA and talking about new games will mean new people not buying them which makes developers not want to develop for it and will have us in the US seeing fewer and fewer localized games. That is the real potential problem with Sony not pushing it and why I think so many people are upset.

RK128

Ah, it is nice to look back on this thread and see that the Vita still has tons of life in it :'); Gamescom made me think for a day that the thing is dead but, nope, still stuff coming :D.

My issue wasn't the fact that Vita-only games are coming to PS4 or that there wasn't new announcements (though both were a bit annoying to me).....it was the complete lack of caring to show the system off that bothered me the most X(.

They didn't have to announce anything new, but they did! We got Papers Please, Sounds and a few other indie games coming to the platform....but they didn't even bother to tell us they ARE coming to Vita (hell, everyone though Papers Please was a PS4 game after the show until the developer had to clear things out that it was ONLY coming to Vita).

If they just made a montage video of all the games that are still coming to the device and showed off the Vita trailer and Minecraft Vita trailer at that conference, I think we wouldn't be nearly as upset that we are now.

.....I just want to see my favorite console do okay, not completely just be ignored by the damn company that MADE the thing X(. At least, EU is in a somewhat better state for the device; EU is still getting the Mega Pack Bundles alongside bundles of games (Ratchet Trilogy one for example and I wouldn't be shocked if they got a Minecraft one too; they got Killzone and Tearaway bundles last year, so a Minecraft one wouldn't sock me :D).

LAA

Am looking forward to a lot of games in this thread and vita is probably my first (or at least 2nd) most played platform atm.

But I have to agree, really missing first/second party efforts or dare I say it, exclusive games. That or simply just games pushing the system. Is that wrong to ask for? It feels it's been a while since I've seen a game with visuals on par or exceeding the likes of Uncharted or Killzone.
Maybe I'm over exaggerating, Toukiden wowed me graphically and GE2 does (If only it was localised...:'( ), maybe the issue is simply there aren't enough games like that pushing the Vita.

Don't mean it to sound like graphics > gameplay, but it feels like it's a "strength" of Vita which has been long ignored and as much as pretty much...any indie game is most of the time automatically better on Vita for me, I would like the vita to be more than an Indie machine and I think it deserves to be really.

99 Bricks Wizard Academy announced, from WeirdBeard Games.

99 Bricks Wizard Academy is a magical physics tower building game. The tetromino bricks are not used to create and clear lines, but as building blocks. You have to stack them with care otherwise your construction will crumble.

14917308475_8ff2b7ec19_b.jpg

Also PIX the CAT, from Pastagames (!)

The Arcade gameplay comes from our initial desire to build a hectic 2D level-based scoring game that offers constant flow without any kind of scrolling. We wanted the BLUE CAT to ride the maze and save ducklings from levels displayed on different dimensions. As PIX extends his tail, he’ll straddle over multiple dimensions at the same time! We went for a game of Combo, Boosts, Perfects and FEVER TIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIUI9LcZeL4

PixTheCat_gif08.gif
PixTheCat_gif03.gif

Corto

A bit late but I'm on the early access Nom Nom Galaxy from Q Games on Steam and I think that it's a great addition to the Vita library. A Terraria-like game with the quirky Q Games twist.

Zalman

Really enjoying my (fairly new) Vita, but as for upcoming games I'm really only interested in Danganronpa 2. Hoping for some cool announcements at TGS.

Aiustis

My feelings as well. The treatment of the vita pretty much convinced me never to buy anything sony again.

Fady K

Hey there guys :D I didn't get to pop in much due to the (IMO) INCREDIBLE Gamescom updates, announcements and conferences. I enjoyed them highly! Not much on the Vita front unfortunately but fret not, I've picked up every bit of news possible for your reading/viewing pleasure. So, without further ado:

*The talented folks at Q-Games (the amazing Pixeljunk games) are bringing over their much anticipated next title by the name of Nom Nom Galaxy to the Vita (and PS4). The port is being handled by Double Eleven, and here is trailer of the PC version.
nom_nom_galaxy_pixeljunk_inc.jpg

*A new Vita game has been announced! Flem is a 2D platformer with an emphasis on speedrunning starring a slime ball.
steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_283034493_preview__2_.jpg

*Murasaki Baby is getting music contributions from legendary Silent Hill (1-4, Origins, Shattered Memories & Homecoming) composer, Akira Yamaoka :)

*The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is also coming along nicely, and here is a new vid for you guys.

*Flame Over has received a nice and interesting preview from the folks at Pocket Gamer and it is insightful.

*So the upcoming game Guns Up has received a new trailer, and the game will be free to play when it hits later this year.

*Crimsonland will be coming out on August 19th. Another out of nowhere release date ;D
crimsonland_gameplay_1_1920x1080.png

*Speaking of out of nowhere releases, Gravity Badgers will be releasing on the Vita on August 19th.
Gravity-Badger-2.jpg

*A new visual novel meshed with strategic elements has been announced for the Vita in Japan by the name of Kadenz fermata//Akkord:fortissimo, from 5pb.
20140812_021602_thumb.png

*Here's a new trailer for the upcoming Vita platformer Kick & Fennick.

*Metanet software is hoping to work on N++ on the Vita after it is finished with the PS4 version.

Last but certainly not least, here are the latest updates to new releases and games that are coming VERY soon (in a few days):

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed (Adventure, beat 'em up / Pub. by Xseed, Dev. by Acquire Games / Trailer)
xseed_games_62622.jpg

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (SRPG / Pub & Dev by Nippon Ichi / Trailer)
disgaea-4.jpg

Hohokum ("Art" game / Dev by Sony Santa Monica & Honeyslug / Trailer)
Hohokum-3.jpg

Gravity Crash Ultra (Multidirectional shooter / Dev by Just Add Water / Trailer)
gravity-crash-ultra.png

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (Side-scrolling beat em up / Dev by Division2 / Trailer)
PBBGOD-PS4.jpg

My Singing Monsters (Simulation / Dev by Big Blue Bubble / Trailer)
MSM+halloween+small.png

The Swapper (Atmospheric puzzle platformer / Dev. by Facepalm Games, ported by Curve Studios / Trailer)
TheSwapperVita_010.jpg

COMING SOON!

Counterspy
counterspy.jpg

Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
SAOHF_12-05_Top.jpg

Crimsonland
crimsonland_gameplay_1_1920x1080.png

Gravity Badgers
Gravity-Badger-2.jpg

I don't know what it is about Disgaea, I've tried to get into it twice on both PS3 and PSP but it just doesn't click with me. I love Fire Emblem, FFT, Tactics Ogre, Front Mission, anything even vaguely like a SRPG, but I can't put my finger on exactly why it doesn't work for me. I can see the near endless depth to it and the comedy, both of which I'd normally be all over. Sometimes no matter how much you really want to like something, you can't force it.

True! I had that problem with the Halo series. I love single player campaigns of many shooter games, but even though I beat the first Halo and then did the same with the second game, I still find the series to be a bit on the average end. I know the main draw is its multiplayer modes, but I get where you're coming from with Disgaea.

Kadenz fermata//Akkord:fortissimo, a visual novel with strategy combat(?), was announced
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/1...-visual-novel-kadenz-fermataakkordfortissimo/

Thanks for the update 2+2+5, adding it up :)

Add Forget-me-Not to the list.

A gorgeous pacman rogue-like mashup from nyarlu. It's what Pacman would look like if those pills were real and the perfect fit for Vita and that screen.

Play the free PC version if you're not convinced

sfmn4.png

sfmn15.png

I added that already fog ;) Had the opportunity of speaking its developer here as well, apparently the game is now called Super Forget Me Not. Thanks for sharing the screens buddy :)

No one mentioned that Nom Nom Galaxy is coming to Vita too. Shame :(

(Shahid announced it yesterday)

Thanks for sharing VLiberty. I added that to the news feed above as well as on the main page with a pic. This is one of the better looking games coming out for the Vita, in Q-Games we trust :D

Judging from gamescom, apparently the OP cares so much more about Vita than Sony.

The lack of Vita in Gamescom stung me :( On the other hand, as a huge PS fan, the PS4 stuff they shared blew me away. But damn, the Vita deserves more lip service at least from its creators :/

Agreed. Sony needs more people like Shahid. He is a genuine supporter and he does his best. His tweets alone show that, never mind the work he does behind the scenes. But yeah, Sony DOES have a beautiful opportunity in their hands and they are just letting it slip away :[

This. Vita's treatment has left such a disgusting taste in my mouth I'm starting to seriously reconsider the choice I was going to make (PS4 instead of the bone)

As a PS4 owner and fan I can tell you straight up that you needn't worry in the slightest about it; while I find Sony's support of the Vita downright abysmal, the PS4 on the other hand is not only constantly supported by them, but the content is just consistently good and there are plenty of amazing things to play, exclusives and non-exclusives. Can't recommend it enough :)

That's just awful.

Excellent points and I agree 100%. What are they waiting for? Hell, even a "Nintendo Direct" style video can go a long way in helping them.

This is a feel good thread after the trauma Sony has been causing us.

And as long as Vita games get announced, this will continue to be a feel good thread for Vita owners :)

The Swapper was amazing on Vita btw. I just beat it the other day. I was really impressed.

One of the best looking games on the Vita for me this year. Can't wait to play it! Glad you enjoyed it mate.

At this point i'm just hoping more jrpgs get localised. plz

Worry not DaSorcerer7 :) In Japan, the Vita is a different story and it is pretty successful (constantly 2nd behind the 3DS in sales, and plenty of content get announced for it).

With folks at XSEED, Aksys Games, Atlus, and more, you can expect a very healthy amount of localized games when the game is good enough ;)

This thread alone PROVES that the Vita has games coming, and good games at that.

But what announcements did we get for the Vita yesterday? Or, more specifically, HOW did we get them?

Shahid's tweets.

THAT'S IT. We get occasional blog posts from developers to let us know but no dedicated Vita events, no streams, nothing - but people's complaints must be regarding "NO AAA GAMEZ!" or "VITA HAZ NO GAMES?!"

Wake the fuck up Sony.

Well said.

Just a thought, I wonder if we could add release windows to each entry, for ease of reference. Maybe it's not worth doing when so many have a vague '2015' date at the mo!

That would be a bit of research though, and probably too much for one person. Maybe a few of us could divvy it up and post them here, to minimise upkeep? A version of the list as just text in order of release dates would be cool too. Good/poor idea?

Good idea redcrayon. The only reason why I abandoned this idea early on is cause of what you said as well - many vague release dates. Many Vita games get sudden release dates.

Just on thing, Mercenary Kings misses in the list

Great catch Volken! Adding it up. Thanks!

Ah, it is nice to look back on this thread and see that the Vita still has tons of life in it :'); Gamescom made me think for a day that the thing is dead but, nope, still stuff coming :D.

My issue wasn't the fact that Vita-only games are coming to PS4 or that there wasn't new announcements (though both were a bit annoying to me).....it was the complete lack of caring to show the system off that bothered me the most X(.

They didn't have to announce anything new, but they did! We got Papers Please, Sounds and a few other indie games coming to the platform....but they didn't even bother to tell us they ARE coming to Vita (hell, everyone though Papers Please was a PS4 game after the show until the developer had to clear things out that it was ONLY coming to Vita).

If they just made a montage video of all the games that are still coming to the device and showed off the Vita trailer and Minecraft Vita trailer at that conference, I think we wouldn't be nearly as upset that we are now.

.....I just want to see my favorite console do okay, not completely just be ignored by the damn company that MADE the thing X(. At least, EU is in a somewhat better state for the device; EU is still getting the Mega Pack Bundles alongside bundles of games (Ratchet Trilogy one for example and I wouldn't be shocked if they got a Minecraft one too; they got Killzone and Tearaway bundles last year, so a Minecraft one wouldn't sock me :D).

Very good points friend, many of us in this thread, if not ALL of us, feel exactly the same way. What will it take for Sony to notice this issue?

Nice vita sizzle reel with release dates for games coming up in the rest of 2014 on The Vita Lounge:

http://thevitalounge.net/upcoming-playstation-vita-releases-part-one-datedwindowed-2014/

Thanks for sharing redcrayon :)

At first it was not guaranteed to come out as the dev was trying to find a way to make it work on the Vita, this is great, great news as Papers, Please is supposedly an excellent game.

AWESOME. Thanks for sharing Infernal Monkey, added it to the top of the thread :)

A bit late but I'm on the early access Nom Nom Galaxy from Q Games on Steam and I think that it's a great addition to the Vita library. A Terraria-like game with the quirky Q Games twist.

Great! Q-Games have a great track record indeed!

My feelings as well. The treatment of the vita pretty much convinced me never to buy anything sony again.

Again, while I am among the first to agree about the abysmal support by Sony on the Vita, the PS4 is another story entirely. Despite how successful it is, you don't see that complacency from Sony like you do on the Vita.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Damn OP.

Sony should pay you for the amazing public service. Damn, if they just link this thread on some big screen on Gamescom it would have been much better than what Vita got, hahaha.

Fady K

Hm that rumoured 19th August date for Minecraft looking hugely unlikely.

I'm guessinng now that the PS4 version is almost complete, the Vita version should not be too far behind :D

Damn OP.

Sony should pay you for the amazing public service. Damn, if they just link this thread on some big screen on Gamescom it would have been much better than what Vita got, hahaha.

Thank you very much for your kind words man :) MUCH appreciated!!! I honestly wish Sony would pay more attention to the Vita *_* ill keep doing my best in this thread :) #4theVitaGamers

That gif is mesmerizing.

The game itself seems mesmerizing too :0

Fady K

Great thread OP I feel much better about my Vita now 😄

Thanks for the kind words CoolZombie. Stay tuned for updates. Be it new releases, release dates, news, etc :) Enjoy and let us know if you need any recommendations!

If you need convincing on Phantom Breakers on PS VITA here is our review with video:

http://backinmyplay.com/review-phantom-breaker-battlegrounds-ps-vita/

Thanks for sharing the review coach kevin, game does look pretty awesome indeed.

Top Bottom