• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

nyarla

Neo Member
Add Forget-me-Not to the list.

hey thanks fog! i mentioned it a couple pages back and the THREAD BOSS kindly added it :)

Hello there nyarla! Great news, good luck with your game! Thanks for updating us on the new Avoid Droid name, updated on the list now. I'll be adding your game to the list then with the title Super Forget-Me-Not (Title TBC).

By the way, REALLY liking the look of your game, loving the Pac-Man feel to it!! SO humbled by your kind words and I'm very happy this thread played a small part in giving you more inspiration. Trust me, so many of us Vita games are very happy with our systems and are willing to pick up plenty of cool looking titles like yours! Any time you have an update please feel free to share it with us and we'll keep the thread updated for all gamers to see. God bless you and all the best with your upcoming game :)

Thanks much! Will do. Dev is going better than it has in months at the moment, been making heaps of progress (but it's mostly boring back-end stuff, i'll save updates for when i have cool stuff to show in a video or something)

Whoahhh Pix The Cat looks amazing! :O

fog

hey thanks fog! i mentioned it a couple pages back and the THREAD BOSS kindly added it :)
Ah right I didn't realise it had been added. :)

So many great looking games keep getting added to this thread it's hard to keep up. Thank god Vita has no games.

Great thread Fady K. Much appreciated (although not by my wallet!).

incpdo

That vita minecraft trailer was amazing. I wasn't going to buy this game on vita till I saw that gamescom trailer. Looks amazing. This thread is incredible if only 25% of this was advertised ...

Faustek

But what announcements did we get for the Vita yesterday? Or, more specifically, HOW did we get them?

Shahid's tweets.

THAT'S IT. We get occasional blog posts from developers to let us know but no dedicated Vita events, no streams, nothing - but people's complaints must be regarding "NO AAA GAMEZ!" or "VITA HAZ NO GAMES?!"

Wake the fuck up Sony.

Think it's more of a PR management decision. They see the Vita as a failure
(sorry I love you hun but you aren't selling)
and dedicate air time to it there after...meaning none.

Sure Shahid, Ben, Spencer and that Lorenzo dude are working a lot in the strategic content team here in Europe but they have no say in what/when/how Vita is supposed to be presented. According to him, Shahid, Shu-san have been supporting them in his free time and doing what he can, Twitter and I don't know. By showing off his Vita games when he plays them, RTing those announcements and such. As a person that is all he can do...now we both think the President of Sony's Worldwide Studios should have some sort of say in what goes and what doesn't so he should be able to at least force in a 2 minute reel of the Vita during their presentations. Especially with 2 of their "big" first party IPs coming to it, Oreshika 2 and Freedom Wars.

Seriously I lost my train of thought.

Anyway Yes I agree to an extent that Sony is deliberate killing of the presence of the Vita. I don't think we're asking for them to retool Bloodborne and throw it on the Vita but at least show some superficial support at a western trade show instead of counting on Journos to do all the work for you. Fuck, don't they even have a third party relations studio that at least used to work with just localization? Use it ffs.

Fady K

Thanks much! Will do. Dev is going better than it has in months at the moment, been making heaps of progress (but it's mostly boring back-end stuff, i'll save updates for when i have cool stuff to show in a video or something)

Whoahhh Pix The Cat looks amazing! :O

Nyarla, you are so kind!! Thanks for your kind words big guy :D

As for your updates, no problem at all, feel free to share at your own pace. The most important part is: good luck with the development of your game!

And yes, pix the cat is definitely one to watch :)

Ah right I didn't realise it had been added. :)

So many great looking games keep getting added to this thread it's hard to keep up. Thank god Vita has no games.

Great thread Fady K. Much appreciated (although not by my wallet!).

Haha! Thanks for the kind words fog! Worry not - on a weekly basis I update the main page with the new releases of the week as well as the upcoming releases for the following week. Plus from now on the newly announced games will be on top of the screenshots pile in the coming up section. Hope this help :)

That vita minecraft trailer was amazing. I wasn't going to buy this game on vita till I saw that gamescom trailer. Looks amazing. This thread is incredible if only 25% of this was advertised ...

That trailer is a good sign! Should be hitting sooner than later.

//DEVIL//

sorry to bring this thread up as I have a question I would like to ask.

I was offered a Japanese PS Vita slim all white plus 16gig memory for around 120$. no games or anything. its used but there are no scratches " maybe a very tiny one on the screen but its not noticible at all. less than half an inch maybe. I figured its probably from the factory lol.

honest question is it worth it ? I prefer LCD over Oled " same reason I never buy Samsung devices.. I would die if I get a burn in"

however, I played some VITA games when I borrowed my friend system. uncharted, gravity rush, marvel vs Capcom 3 and COD " what a POS" plus other old games as well.

I am not much into indie games as I play those on my mobile. I want killzone and I want final fantasy X X2. I am sure I also want couple of other games here and there. but looking at the upcoming games. I do not see any big AAA games at all. and that is my concern. yes the system is lil cheep. but I do not see it a future proof at all.

what does GAF advice me to do ?

Shizuka

Western AAA games aren't coming anymore. If you're looking for those, you'd have to be satisfied with the ones already released.

KiteGr

Indies, japanese and ports.

Unless they make a retail version for those indies, there is NOTHING for me to buy.

Fady K

sorry to bring this thread up as I have a question I would like to ask.

I was offered a Japanese PS Vita slim all white plus 16gig memory for around 120$. no games or anything. its used but there are no scratches " maybe a very tiny one on the screen but its not noticible at all. less than half an inch maybe. I figured its probably from the factory lol.

honest question is it worth it ? I prefer LCD over Oled " same reason I never buy Samsung devices.. I would die if I get a burn in"

however, I played some VITA games when I borrowed my friend system. uncharted, gravity rush, marvel vs Capcom 3 and COD " what a POS" plus other old games as well.

I am not much into indie games as I play those on my mobile. I want killzone and I want final fantasy X X2. I am sure I also want couple of other games here and there. but looking at the upcoming games. I do not see any big AAA games at all. and that is my concern. yes the system is lil cheep. but I do not see it a future proof at all.

what does GAF advice me to do ?

Thing is it depends on what you define as indie, which, IMO canNOT be described as a genre anymore. It offers too many genres in its own and has stuff that look like straight up basic mobile games while others look like they can pass off as full on retail games. The variety is insanely awesome (check out the OP if you haven't). You'll be kept busy with plenty of stuff to play, that is for sure.

Worth the money for sure :) Take other gaffers advice first if you like.

Flunkie

Banned
Damn, this is nice... but also makes me sad. Majority indie. I think PSP had better, long-lasting first and third party non-indie support. But I am excited about a lot of these games. Makes me somewhat hopeful that Sony comes back with just a kickass offering of a ton of AAA Vita games soon.

Novocaine

Edmund posted a teaser for Binding of Isaac Rebirth on Youtube

Tyrone from Nicalis made a post on the BoI site saying the Vita will run the game at a smooth 60fps, although some of the effects that the PS4 version gets will be removed for that to happen. I'm okay with that.

OuterLimits

Damn, this is nice... but also makes me sad. Majority indie. I think PSP had better, long-lasting first and third party non-indie support. But I am excited about a lot of these games. Makes me somewhat hopeful that Sony comes back with just a kickass offering of a ton of AAA Vita games soon.

Would be nice but Sony is pretty much done with the Vita in the West anyway. They don't even care if stores have the system in stock in the United States.

System had potential but Sony made idiotic moves constantly.

This list does have some interesting games on it though.

BumRush

Am I a terrible person for not even wanting AAA on Vita? I love indies, PS1 classics, and the ability to view movies on that OLED screen.

I play AAA on my PS4...

Shizuka

I just got my Vita today; it's the pink and black Japanese version. I think I'm in love...

M9yI9Hp.gif

Zuly

^That was me when I opened up the cutie. For my first game I'm playing Child of Light. I was going to buy it for PC but I felt the combat would be more natural on a handheld.

Arthos

^That was me when I opened up the cutie. For my first game I'm playing Child of Light. I was going to buy it for PC but I felt the combat would be more natural on a handheld.

That's how I felt but I doubted they'd bring it to the Vita.

The regret I felt when they announced it the day after I bought it on the PC...

Welcome to the Vita club!

Shizuka

I'm overjoyed everytime someone share their love at first sight experiences with the Vita.

Zuly

That's how I felt but I doubted they'd bring it to the Vita.

The regret I felt when they announced it the day after I bought it on the PC...

Welcome to the Vita club!

Thanks!

I'm overjoyed everytime someone share their love at first sight experiences with the Vita.

I knew I was going to love it. It was more or less of a money issue that made me wait so long. I loved my PSP to bit despite everyone telling me for years I had wasted my money. I'm going to be traveling a lot for the next few months so having a gaming handheld was something I desperately needed.

Fady K

At this point I doubt it, but you never know, maybe if things pick up someday more exclusive content will come out for it.

The thing about the PSP (and DS) days is that mobile gaming was nowhere near as big as it is now. Nowadays, iOS and to a lesser but growing extent, Android systems are getting the majority of portable gaming content. Even the 3DS IMO contains far less content than the DS did. Vita definitely gets the edge for me due to the bigger amount of lovely content it is getting.

Edmund posted a teaser for Binding of Isaac Rebirth on Youtube

Tyrone from Nicalis made a post on the BoI site saying the Vita will run the game at a smooth 60fps, although some of the effects that the PS4 version gets will be removed for that to happen. I'm okay with that.

Good to see this coming along. Should be quite a game.

Am I a terrible person for not even wanting AAA on Vita? I love indies, PS1 classics, and the ability to view movies on that OLED screen.

I play AAA on my PS4...

Not at all! I mean, AAA is a welcome addition of course IMO, but AAA being costly and all makes it easy to understand why a developer wouldn't take the risk.

I just got my Vita today; it's the pink and black Japanese version. I think I'm in love...

Now you know how many of us feel :D Congrats! Need any game suggestions? Let us know if you do :D

What a lovely gif! So awesome how plenty of posters got a Vita in this thread :D

Fady K

*RELEASE DATE UPDATE*

Freedom Wars will launch in NA regions on the 28th of October (Physical + Digital) and in EU regions on the 29th of October (digital) and 31st of October (physical).

For those who are into interested in the pre-order bonuses:

freedomwars.jpg

Servbot24

Banned

I play AAA on my PS4...

Yeah, they're fairly irrelevant for me as well, for the most part. I would take games like Tearaway and Gravity Rush over Uncharted and Killzone any day. (Though I'm not sure if we'll even get games as big as Tearaway anymore :/ )

Zuly

I've been thinking about replacing my Vita with that one. Can't decide.

You made a great choice though, enjoy!

You totally should! It's so pretty. What solidified getting it was that I could get the JP Vita + 16 GB memory card for the same price/cheaper than /just/ an NA Vita on Amazon. People told me I would like the screen because it was a 2000 model but I have no issues with it, it's beautiful.

You totally should! It's so pretty. What solidified getting it was that I could get the JP Vita + 16 GB memory card for the same price/cheaper than /just/ an NA Vita on Amazon. People told me I would like the screen because it was a 2000 model but I have no issues with it, it's beautiful.

sorry if this question has been answered before, where did you order from? and are you guys worried about dead pixels? importing systems can be a pain to replace/return

Shizuka

I hope most of you are buying Sword Art Online this week. It's been years since we last saw Bandai Namco releasing a Vita-exclusive in the West.

Fady K

*A new Earth Defense Force game has been announced for the Vita by the name of Earth Defense Portable 2! It is an enhanced port of the PSP game (graphics have been updated & game now includes online multiplayer for up to 4 players)

*NEW ATTRACTIONS*

Counterspy (Sidescrolling stealth game / Developed by Dynamighty / Trailer)
counterspy.jpg

Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (RPG / Developed by Bandai Namco Games / Trailer)
SAOHF_12-05_Top.jpg

Crimsonland (Topdown shooter / Developed by 10tons Ltd, makers of King Oddball & Sparkle 2 / Trailer)
crimsonland_gameplay_1_1920x1080.png

Gravity Badgers (Physics based action / Developed by Wales Interactive, makers of horror indie Master Reboot & Infinity Runner / Trailer - ios version)
Gravity-Badger-2.jpg

I hope most of you are buying Sword Art Online this week. It's been years since we last saw Bandai Namco releasing a Vita-exclusive in the West.

The game is looking pretty cool!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics

I kind of hate the anime, and as much as I appreciate the effort of trying to send a message to Bandai Namco, I really can't see myself buying this, especially not at full price. Sorry! :(

Moobabe

I haven't watched the anime and I never will. Is the game good enough on its own to warrant a purchase?

redcrayon

That hardcoregamer review made it sound absolutely terrible and put me right off it. I've got no interest in watching five hours of the anime first, and it's not like I'm short of JRPGs to go through. I think I'll wait for more opinions from western gamers regarding it first.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/08/19/review-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment/99686/

More balanced review from Destructoid here. Seems weird for a game to be scoring anywhere from 3/10 to 10/10 depending on where you look, but that's usually a sign of something that's only really special for fans of the franchise. Definitely something I might think about picking up on the cheap much further down the line.

http://touch.destructoid.com/destru...e-hollow-fragment,53f3754ab7d8d24162e54c03/10

@Fady K
Great work on the thread as usual! Counterspy for me this week.

Munkyspace

I was 100% in for the game until I watched BlueMaxima's review on it, which he was super positive about, but he mentioned something about the back touch panning the camera in and out. I have an unnatural hatred for back touch for some reason, and that sort of turned me off to it.

Is there a way to disable that, does anyone know?

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Yeah, the reviews aren't really doing SAO a favor. Not that I base all of my buys on reviews, but If anything they indicate it might not be for everyone. I rarely gamble with my money so I'll wait for more impressions/price drop before even considering buying it.

Too bad, because I do want to support the Vita as much I can. My budget has limits though, and this time my wallet says "no".

vato_loco

Awesome list, thank you.

But how many of these are exclusives? I'm planning on getting the Vita soon-ish (mainly for Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden and Danganronpa 2), but I kinda wanna know if it's really worth the investment. I already have all the other Playstations (1 to 4 and PSP), so non-exclusives I can play elsewhere.

Shizuka

I haven't watched the anime and I never will. Is the game good enough on its own to warrant a purchase?

I believe the game is good enough to stand on its own, but it doesn't change the fact that they developed it towards the people who watched the anime.

TRI Mike

I was thinking about getting Project Diva on PS3 but I think I'll double dip. I also expect KT to announce a localization for Atelier Ayesha Plus but it's not happening yet. Now to wait for Shinovi Versus and do some research on Freedom Wars and Hollow Fragment to see if they're worth my money.

Hey all.

Quick question, how 's FFX/X-2 HD on vita? Any problems with it at all ? I'm considering picking it to play over the weekend.

Also i played through Corpse Party for the first time yesterday and it is awesome.

Shinriji

Hey all.

Quick question, how 's FFX/X-2 HD on vita? Any problems with it at all ? I'm considering picking it to play over the weekend.

Also i played through Corpse Party for the first time yesterday and it is awesome.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 are awesome on vita. The only problem is some slowdown here and there, but nothing major.

Steel

Banned
Hey all.

FFX HD on vita is fine. Only slowdown I noticed ever was in the calm lands at the Al-Bhed shop, consistently(Which is weird considering how small that particular part is). What sucks about FF X HD on all systems is the way they redesigned Tidus's face to look as derpy as possible. Other than that, perfect for the system.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all.

I've only played X on Vita and it's a really good port. Performs flawlessly (as far as I've played) and it's just a little subnative, but it's one of the best looking sub-native Vita games I've seen. X-2 is said to have some bugs but I don't know, haven't played it myself.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 are awesome on vita. The only problem is some slowdown here and there, but nothing major.

FFX HD on vita is fine. Only slowdown I noticed ever was in the calm lands at the Al-Bhed shop, consistently(Which is weird considering how small that particular part is). What sucks about FF X HD on all systems is the way they redesigned Tidus's face to look as derpy as possible. Other than that, perfect for the system.

I've only played X on Vita and it's a really good port. Performs flawlessly (as far as I've played) and it's just a little subnative, but it's one of the best looking sub-native Vita games I've seen. X-2 is said to have some bugs but I don't know, haven't played it myself.

Thanks for the advice, i don't mind a few performance drops now and then so long as there's no major bugs.

I'll definitely be buying it then.

Top Bottom