• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Nags

Banned
*RELEASE DATE UPDATE*

Freedom Wars will launch in NA regions on the 28th of October (Physical + Digital) and in EU regions on the 29th of October (digital) and 31st of October (physical).

For those who are into interested in the pre-order bonuses:

freedomwars.jpg

Thanks for this!

i-Jest

*RELEASE DATE UPDATE*

Freedom Wars will launch in NA regions on the 28th of October (Physical + Digital) and in EU regions on the 29th of October (digital) and 31st of October (physical).

freedomwars.jpg

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

Fady K

*The PS Blog has posted a new preview of Kick & Fennick, a cool looking Vita platformer.
14774509230_06e6c9b093_z.jpg

*For those who use a Japanese account, Tri-Ace's F2P shooter/card game Judas Code is available for download now.

*Here is a new trailer for the awesome looking SRPG Natural Doctrine that is being localized by NIS America.
Nat-Doct_08-20-14.jpg

Any played Freedom Wars on import? Is it any good?

What an awesome mashup in that avatar haha. People seemingly love Freedom Wars over here as far as I know.

I haven't watched the anime and I never will. Is the game good enough on its own to warrant a purchase?

Moobabe, do you still watch Chelsea :D?

@Fady K
Great work on the thread as usual! Counterspy for me this week.

Thanks for the kind words redcrayon, always motivational :)

Awesome list, thank you.

But how many of these are exclusives? I'm planning on getting the Vita soon-ish (mainly for Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden and Danganronpa 2), but I kinda wanna know if it's really worth the investment. I already have all the other Playstations (1 to 4 and PSP), so non-exclusives I can play elsewhere.

You are most welcome vato_loco :) By exclusives do you mean only on Vita or only on PS platforms?

I think it is worth the investment because it can provide you with plenty of games on the go that are of the highest quality. While the majority will be available elsewhere, be it iOS or PCs, there are still content that are exclusive to the Vita. Plenty of good stuff that got released on it too.

Also i played through Corpse Party for the first time yesterday and it is awesome.

WELL DONE :D I played it and LOVED it myself. Make sure to go for the true endings! I am currently playing through Corpse Party: Book of Shadows which is more of a visual novel but a MUST play as well in my opinion :)

Heart Forth Alicia looks fantastic.

Agreed. Can't wait to see more of it!

Thanks for this!

You are most welcome Nags :)

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

Game looks so cool. I so hope it sells decently!

Moobabe

*The PS Blog has posted a new preview of Kick & Fennick, a cool looking Vita platformer.
14774509230_06e6c9b093_z.jpg

*Here is a new trailer for the awesome looking SRPG Natural Doctrine that is being localized by NIS America.
Nat-Doct_08-20-14.jpg

Moobabe, do you still watch Chelsea :D?

I think it is worth the investment because it can provide you with plenty of games on the go that are of the highest quality. While the majority will be available elsewhere, be it iOS or PCs, there are still content that are exclusive to the Vita. Plenty of good stuff that got released on it

Game looks so cool. I so hope it sells decently![/QUOTE]

Of course I still watch Chelsea - it's going to be a great season my friend!

Natural Doctrine is going to be great as well - it's cross save but not cross buy isn't it?

Fady K

Of course I still watch Chelsea - it's going to be a great season my friend!

Natural Doctrine is going to be great as well - it's cross save but not cross buy isn't it?

Awesome :)! Haven't spoken to you about CFC in years. I've never been this satisfied about our transfer window business since I became a fan!

Natural Doctrine isn't confirmed to be cross buy, I don't expect it will be honestly. But let's see - I can imagine some sort of promotion for gamers who own one copy and want it on another system as well.

Lucifon

Wait what happened to the Crimsonland price discount for launch? I heard they were meant to be doing some sort of promo/sale when the vita version hit this week?

vato_loco

You are most welcome vato_loco :) By exclusives do you mean only on Vita or only on PS platforms?

I think it is worth the investment because it can provide you with plenty of games on the go that are of the highest quality. While the majority will be available elsewhere, be it iOS or PCs, there are still content that are exclusive to the Vita. Plenty of good stuff that got released on it too.

Vita exclusives, I meant. While I completely agree that having them on the go is pretty invaluable, I kinda already have a 3DS for those moments. Not that they have much in common, graphics-and-type-of-games-wise.

basefree

I'm torn between Akiba's Trip, Sword Art Online, and Danganronpa (yeah, LTTP) as my next big Vita time sink. Any strong recommendations?

Steel

Banned
I'm torn between Akiba's Trip, Sword Art Online, and Danganronpa (yeah, LTTP) as my next big Vita time sink. Any strong recommendations?

Can't speak to Akiba's trip beyond the fact that I heard it's pretty short. The choice between SAO and Daganronpa:

Do you want awesome gameplay with a poor localization and not much in the way of story? Then you want Sword art Online.

Do you want an awesome mystery story without much in the way of gameplay(but the gameplay that is there is fun)? Then Daganronpa.

Zuly

sorry if this question has been answered before, where did you order from? and are you guys worried about dead pixels? importing systems can be a pain to replace/return

I bought mine from Amazon. There's a bunch of them in all the awesome colors.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I know that this is not looked upon favourably, but I, and I'm sure I'm absolutely not the only one, am strictly interested in games that receive a retail / physical version. If you don't want to split the list accordingly, could you please at least list next to each title if it is a retail game? Because then this list could be helpful to me (and others!), too.

Widge

That's actually a nice idea. I'm no MUST ALWAYS HAVE PHYSICAL GAMES purist or anything, but I'm increasingly thinking of ways to keep the burden off my mem card.

koopas

That's actually a nice idea. I'm no MUST ALWAYS HAVE PHYSICAL GAMES purist or anything, but I'm increasingly thinking of ways to keep the burden off my mem card.
I'm a must have physical games guy for sure. I like the suggestion of mentioning the retail games separately.

Fady K

Vita exclusives, I meant. While I completely agree that having them on the go is pretty invaluable, I kinda already have a 3DS for those moments. Not that they have much in common, graphics-and-type-of-games-wise.

I know that this is not looked upon favourably, but I, and I'm sure I'm absolutely not the only one, am strictly interested in games that receive a retail / physical version. If you don't want to split the list accordingly, could you please at least list next to each title if it is a retail game? Because then this list could be helpful to me (and others!), too.

I'm a must have physical games guy for sure. I like the suggestion of mentioning the retail games separately.

Thank you guys for your invaluable feedback (along to the many other posters who mentioned such requests previously).

YOUR VOICES HAVE BEEN HEARD :D

I have made the modifications on the first page with one caveat, as there are too many titles with no details confirmed fully (exclusivity, retail, localization, etc) - I will highlight three categories of games:

1) Recently released games
2) New releases
3) Games that are coming real soon

So, without further ado:

SCE - Sony console exclusive (only on Sony platforms, PS4, 3, P, V etc)
PE - Portable Exclusive. (Not available on 3DS, mobile, or tablets. Only portable system to play this on is the Vita)
NO3DS- Not available on the 3DS (but available on ios, android devices)
E - Exclusive to Vita (100% Vita exclusive, differently than how Microsoft defines exclusives :p)
R - Coming to Retail

Look for these next to the recently released/new/coming soon titles.

Hope you guys like the new update!

Just pimping our GamesCom press for Flame Over. We released a trailer which IGN kindly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk5VD2AyVR4&feature=youtu.be

The Games Hub also interviewed the artist and designer at GamesCom (25 mins): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUOcuk0uMSM&feature=youtu.be

Awesome, thanks for sharing the update!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say that the exclusivity labels are pretty messy in my opinion, when it's portable exclusive, No 3DS, or Sony exclusive you don't really know where it's available. Maybe "(also on: x, y, z)" and "(Vita exclusive)" labels would look better. And (Retail/Digital) and (Digital only) would also look better I think. Not a fan of too many acronyms. It may be a little more work but it would look way better imo.
Also, Crimsonland was originally a Windows game from 2003, and Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds was released on Xbox 360 some years ago.
Still, excellent job as always and keep up the good work! :)
Minecraft will most certainly miss August. Bah. Feel like I'm the only one incredibly frustrated about this!
Make it three!

Fady K

*Gundam Breaker 2 has been announced for the Vita in Japan by Bandai Namco games. Here is a trailer.
gbreaker-500x276.png

*Update on Chaos Rings: The Prequel Trilogy - the game will indeed contain all three Chaos Rings games in ADDITION to Chaos Rings III. Yes, you are getting 4 RPGs in one.

I have to say that the exclusivity labels are pretty messy in my opinion, when it's portable exclusive, No 3DS, or Sony exclusive you don't really know where it's available. Maybe "(also on: x, y, z)" and "(Vita exclusive)" labels would look better. And (Retail/Digital) and (Digital only) would also look better I think. Not a fan of too many acronyms. It may be a little more work but it would look way better imo.
Also, Crimsonland was originally a Windows game from 2003, and Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds was released on Xbox 360 some years ago.
Still, excellent job as always and keep up the good work! :)

Make it three!

Thanks for the kind words Kaybe! Good point. There's a reason why I used acronyms though: I barely have space to write in that post. I hit the 25000 character limit and I have to edit stuff out or shorten stuff from time to time. I wish I reserved a 2nd post back then >_<

Fady K

Some updates for now:

*Soul Sacrifice Delta owners take note - new DLC comes out today in the form of a Freedom Wars cross-over :D Here are some pics:

15002215145_23a5c0d465_z.jpg

14979228276_bf02134014_n.jpg

*Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair has earned a very good score from Gamespot - 8 (just like the first one :D). Here is the review. BTW TO THOSE WHO WILL PLAY THE SERIES: do NOT search for anything Danganronpa-related on Google (or any search engine for that matter). Just typing the name can lead to spoilers in the search box.

*Here is an awesome new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Titan Souls
14510857341_e851883cfd_z.jpg

Random: I hope we learn more about the new features on the Vita version of La-Mulana.

I'm really excited for it. :)

It does look awesome indeed :) I'll make sure to post updates if I saw anything!

So that is where they all disappeared to. Impressive list though.

Thanks Rhazer! The majority of the titles on that list are not Japanese though ;)

Fady K

Good day to all of you :)

Some small updates to share:

*Day D Tower Rush is supposedly coming out tonight on the NA Vita store.
large.jpg

*The Walking Dead: Season 2 is getting its final episode tonight and tomorrow on the Vita as well.

Don't Starve: Giant Edition will be hitting the Vita on the 2nd of September. Here is a new preview.
14980570181_87048e1ddd_z.jpg

DansDans

Huge thanks to OP and this thread for helping me to discover Phantom Breaker

Downloaded it last night (it was $22AU, but what the hell, right?) and so far its great fun!

fedexpeon

Banned
*RELEASE DATE UPDATE*

freedomwars.jpg

How do you get the bonuses?
I preordered this game a long time ago from Best Buy, but if I need to change vendor for the bonuses, I will do it.

Imouto

Banned
Freedom Wars seems to be loved by those who played it.

I'm not sure about it. Those same people are starting to criticize the game pretty badly, and it looks like if you plan to play solo, the game will be bad after you finish the main story, which is around 30 hours.

At least I managed to convince 2 of my friends to play with me, so I'm not worrying about that.

vato_loco

So, without further ado:

SCE - Sony console exclusive (only on Sony platforms, PS4, 3, P, V etc)
PE - Portable Exclusive. (Not available on 3DS, mobile, or tablets. Only portable system to play this on is the Vita)
NO3DS- Not available on the 3DS (but available on ios, android devices)
E - Exclusive to Vita (100% Vita exclusive, differently than how Microsoft defines exclusives :p)
R - Coming to Retail

Dude, you rock!!!!

Final ep of Walking Dead tomorrow?! Excellent news. Should tide me over until Don't Starve, which should tide me over until Minecraft/Binding of Isaac/Hotline 2 :)

<3 my Vita

Final ep of Walking Dead tomorrow?! Excellent news. Should tide me over until Don't Starve, which should tide me over until Minecraft/Binding of Isaac/Hotline 2 :)

<3 my Vita

I'm just glad it's finally finished 'cause the physical release will be out soon enough (still Dec 31st placeholder on amazon, but other platforms have early October), and I can finally play it. Loved the first, own it on three platforms, and have been holding out to buy/play it on Vita.

Torraz

I hope that this is not too ot, but i am looking to upgrade my Vita memory card from 8gb to something larger. Would you guys suggest 32 or 64gb? I usually go for retail copies, Except for the ps+ copies, and certain exceptions.

Thanks

Steel

Banned
I hope that this is not too ot, but i am looking to upgrade my Vita memory card from 8gb to something larger. Would you guys suggest 32 or 64gb? I usually go for retail copies, Except for the ps+ copies, and certain exceptions.

Thanks

If you're mostly going physical, 32 GB. You can just transfer your games to your computer if you go over in that case.

I went 64, but I'm like 90% digital on this thing.

Top Bottom