• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Fady K

Some updates for you guys:

*Mega Man X4 & X5 will be available on the Vita starting with X4 NEXT WEEK and X5 the week after :) (through PSone classics)
BwAp3hhIcAAyV99.jpg

*In case anyone missed it, Don't Starve: Giant Edition will be out on the Vita on the 2nd of September and it will be FREE for those who picked up the PS4 version.

*Release date update - Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will be coming out around the 13th/14th of November :D
lego-batman-3_batmansonarrobintechno_01-2.jpg

New Attraction

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 1 (E, R) (JRPG / Published by IdeaFactory, Developed by Felistella - developers of the recent Summon Night games on the PSP / Trailer)
neptrebirth05.jpg

Day D Tower Rush (NO3DS) (Tower Defense / Dev by 8Floor)
screen568x568.jpeg

Ok guys, BIG week coming up! GREAT Vita games coming out next week.

COMING SOON!

Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair (E, R) (Adventure / Published by NIS America, Dev by Spike / Trailer - MAY CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS FOR PART 1 )
index.php

Don't Starve - Giant Edition (PE) (Survival Simulation / Developed by Klei Entertainment, makers of Mark of the Ninja and the Shank games / Trailer / NOTE - FREE for owners of the PS4 version I believe)
2550835-8009809973-20382.jpg

Velocity 2X (SCE) (Sidescrolling Action & Shooter / Dev by Futurlab, makers of Surge Deluxe & Velocity Ultra / Trailer)
Velocity-2X-Vita-Preview2.jpg

Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate (NO3DS) (Mosou Hack & Slash / Published by Tecmo Koei, Developed by Omega Force, maker of many mosou games / Trailer)
WO3-PSV-Trailer-More.jpg

Huge thanks to OP and this thread for helping me to discover Phantom Breaker

Downloaded it last night (it was $22AU, but what the hell, right?) and so far its great fun!

You are most welcome DansDans! I hope this thread helps you bump into many undernnoticed gems on the Vita :) Plenty more to come!

How do you get the bonuses?
I preordered this game a long time ago from Best Buy, but if I need to change vendor for the bonuses, I will do it.

Worry not fedexpeon, Best Buy is among the participating retailers for Sony. Straight from the Blog itself:

"Our usual suspects including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy are supporting the Freedom Wars pre-order bonuses. Their site should be updated with the info this week"

I'm not sure about it. Those same people are starting to criticize the game pretty badly, and it looks like if you plan to play solo, the game will be bad after you finish the main story, which is around 30 hours.

At least I managed to convince 2 of my friends to play with me, so I'm not worrying about that.

That sucks to hear! 30 hours is a good value though for a good single player experience. How are you finding it yourself?

Dude, you rock!!!!

You are *most* welcome Vato_loco :) Feel free to throw in any other suggestions if you like.

Final ep of Walking Dead tomorrow?! Excellent news. Should tide me over until Don't Starve, which should tide me over until Minecraft/Binding of Isaac/Hotline 2 :)

<3 my Vita

Yes, it is coming out today for many regions :D Plenty more to come soon, check out the updated "coming soon" list above :)

Hooked on rogue legacy. Im Loving the indie vita scene.

Great taste, and plenty more coming in the very near future :D

I'm just glad it's finally finished 'cause the physical release will be out soon enough (still Dec 31st placeholder on amazon, but other platforms have early October), and I can finally play it. Loved the first, own it on three platforms, and have been holding out to buy/play it on Vita.

As a big fan of Telltale games, I hope this is a trend they stick to (releasing physical games collection all episodes of a season). I loved their Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island games and boy would I love to play them on the Vita :'(

Imouto

Banned
Super pump for Megaman. Already got Neptunia and Danganronpa 2. I also grabbed Don't Starve on the PS4 when it's on IGC.

Damn. I don't think 24 hours a day is enough with this amount of Vita games.

That sucks to hear! 30 hours is a good value though for a good single player experience. How are you finding it yourself?

Actually, I'm waiting for the NA release. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant is I convinced 2 of my friends to buy the game together when it's released, so I'm not worrying much about the post-story problem.

As for where I read the impression, it's in the import thread.

Fady K

Super pump for Megaman. Already got Neptunia and Danganronpa 2. I also grabbed Don't Starve on the PS4 when it's on IGC.

Damn. I don't think 24 hours a day is enough with this amount of Vita games.

Actually, I'm waiting for the NA release. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant is I convinced 2 of my friends to buy the game together when it's released, so I'm not worrying much about the post-story problem.

As for where I read the impression, it's in the import thread.

I remember when Capcom announced a remake of Mega Man X and Mega Man for the PSP and they were amazing, good old days ^_^

No problem at all Imouto, thanks for sharing the thread and the clarification :)

I just found out that others threads across Gaf have started a support group to help deal with the fact that they can never be as amazing as this thread. Kind of sad really.

What I'm saying is the Vita is amazing and more people need to play so many of these games.

Picked up neptunia re birth today and i'm really enjoying it, it's my first time playing any of the series...is there anything i need to know ?

+ im so freakin excited for danganronpa 2!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the kind words Kaybe! Good point. There's a reason why I used acronyms though: I barely have space to write in that post. I hit the 25000 character limit and I have to edit stuff out or shorten stuff from time to time. I wish I reserved a 2nd post back then >_<
It may be a lot of work, but I noticed most image URLs are very long, and you could earn some space if you rehosted them on imgur or some other image host that uses somewhat short URLs.

And I can't wait for Danganronpa 2 (and the ~15 games after) either, the Vita is really starting to get on fire for me now. Feels like I'm drowning in Vita games.

ecurbj

Worry not fedexpeon, Best Buy is among the participating retailers for Sony. Straight from the Blog itself:

"Our usual suspects including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy are supporting the Freedom Wars pre-order bonuses. Their site should be updated with the info this week".

Well if that's the case maybe I should just cancel my preorder of Freedom Wars at GameStop and preorder it at Best Buy instead. The reason I preordered at GameStop was because it had the pre ordered bonuses listed. Whereas Best Buy doesn't currently. So I'm taking it. That it's safe to go in store tomorrow and place a preorder at Best Buy?

The main reason I want to pre order at Best Buy is because I'm a Elite Plus member and I want the Reward Zone points to be added to my Elite account :p

Fady K

Some updates for you guys:

*As some of you may have heard, Desert Ashes is a new upcoming free-to-play Vita strategy game that is also has local and online multiplayer modes. Here is a preview for it.
15045434925_c1c81bbd77_z.jpg

*Joe Danger is suddenly coming out in a FEW DAYS! (Note - PS+ users will get it for free!)
H0xmwMB.png

*PS+ users will be getting FOUR free Vita games in September. TxK, Joe Danger, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and the very promising Velocity 2X!

*Siliconera has interviewed Digital Furnace Games about their upcoming (awesome looking) 2D sidescroller called OniKira coming out for PC and unspecified consoles. Why am I mentioning it here though? Because the developer hopes to bring it out for the Vita. Looks really, really nice so here's hoping.
ZEYl5nT.jpg

Picked up neptunia re birth today and i'm really enjoying it, it's my first time playing any of the series...is there anything i need to know ?

+ im so freakin excited for danganronpa 2!

Hey there Delloww; I don't think so - you're playing the remake of the first one as far as I know! Yes, Danganronpa 2 looks awesome. The whole series seems interesting to me and I look forward to starting it in the coming months. Enjoy!

It may be a lot of work, but I noticed most image URLs are very long, and you could earn some space if you rehosted them on imgur or some other image host that uses somewhat short URLs.

And I can't wait for Danganronpa 2 (and the ~15 games after) either, the Vita is really starting to get on fire for me now. Feels like I'm drowning in Vita games.

BTW I registered for Imgur: THANK YOU. Goodness it helped me BIG time with the images!!!!! Thanks again buddy!

I really want to start Danganronpa :) I'm a sucker for adventure games. The Vita really is kicking butt, here's hoping things get better for us Vita gamers and the thing sells at least a *bit* more.

Duke Nukem for VITA? OMG, giveittome.gif

It was supposed to have an update since May, not sure what happened honestly. Hopefully it is still coming ^_^ We need more FPSs on the Vita IMO.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...t-ashes-new-turn-based-strategy-game-ps-vita/

Desert Ashes is announced, it's a sequel to the PS minis game Mecho Wars, a poor man's Advance Wars if you ask me. Also F2P.

Hopefully this one fares better! Thanks for sharing. I'll be updating the main page ^^

I needs it. Why isn't it out yet? Galak-Z as well...

Galak-Z should be coming out towards the end of the year.

Back on the vita bandwagon!!
for the 5th time, yeah I'm crazy

Keep it this time ;D

Oh dear, this thread truly depresses me. I have to sell my Vita for some economic issues but I don't want to. So many amazing software coming out :(

Sorry to hear that PsihoPerihelion >_< I hope things get better for you real soon!!

We need this...

Game is in testing as far as I know...
My most wanted Vita game

I wonder why we didn't receive any updates since May though.

Well if that's the case maybe I should just cancel my preorder of Freedom Wars at GameStop and preorder it at Best Buy instead. The reason I preordered at GameStop was because it had the pre ordered bonuses listed. Whereas Best Buy doesn't currently. So I'm taking it. That it's safe to go in store tomorrow and place a preorder at Best Buy?

The main reason I want to pre order at Best Buy is because I'm a Elite Plus member and I want the Reward Zone points to be added to my Elite account :p

Hello there ecurbj! I highly recommend you check up with your Best Buy first in case. Though Sony did say that Best Buy are among the participants, you never know what one can happen with certain retailers.

They aren't. :(

Any ideas why or is it a case of no confirmation yet?

Zhao_Yun

You are doing a great job Fady, keep up the good work!
Some other Vita news today:

Salt and Sanctuary from Ska Studios will get a Vita version
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ly-ps4ps-vita/?emcid=social_20140828_30617116

Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 localization was just confirmed as well
10609420_1668775020014604_5559280974133032984_n.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883934

And I just noticed that the OP is missing the Kantai Collection Vita game which has been announced one year ago
http://gematsu.com/2013/09/kan-colle-kai-announced-for-ps-vita

Loudninja

Lots of game announcements today.
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer Coming to Vita
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer

Greetings, everyone! This is Shyla, Playdek&#8217;s Community Manager, and I&#8217;m here to share some exciting news you all. Currently our team is busy working on bringing our award-winning game Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer to PS Vita! But what is Ascension, and what exactly is a &#8220;deck-building&#8221; game?

To put it simply, a deck-building game is a game where players take turns adding cards to their own playable decks. Players start with identical cards in their decks which places each player on an even playing field. In Ascension, you and your opponent will start with 10 cards in your deck and will use these decks to draw cards to create your hand.

By playing your cards, you&#8217;re given either a special ability to use during your turn such as adding more cards to your hand, or the cards may generate Runes or Power which allow you to purchase or defeat cards in the Center Deck.

Purchasing cards with Runes will usually provide you with a special ability of some sort that you can use to aid you in your game, while defeating a card with Power removes the card from the game and will award you with Honor Points which are used to score the game. The strength of the decks the players create will be based off of their decisions during their turns.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...le-of-the-godslayer-coming-to-vita/#sf4387252

sub_o

What's the occasion today? Why all the sudden there's a slew of games announced for Vita? Metal Slug 3, Alone With You, Salt & Sanctuary, etc...

Only a few games on this list really catch my eye. Most of them are indies, multiplatform, or japanese only games. Sucks that sony pulled first party support on vita, it could really use it.

TRI Mike

Do you guys think they'll announce Vita games for the west at TGS¿ I know the event is mostly aimed at the Japanese market, that's why I'm asking.

Bit of a non-event, but Silver Star has announced Ginsei Igo Next Generation for the Vita in Japan.

51zBWBhVp6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's just a video game simulation of the Go table game. Silver Star's been making these for aaaaages.

But it's kind of interesting, as this'll be a full priced retail release. Silver Star hasn't released a single physical game since like, 2011? They've pretty much been making 3DS eShop games non-stop.

*Shrugs* It's due out in November.

Ahzrei

Banned
@_@ Good lord, how am I ever going to get to all of these?

It's like I went from not having anything to play to a backlog the size of Brazil in nothing flat. How does VitaGAF cope?

It's a good problem to have though.

Top Bottom