• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

JNA

Banned
Cyberpunk bartending... WITH WAIFUS?!

I'll take two.

Second.

i-ll-have-what-she-s-having-o.gif

I definitely need a 128GB card by the end of 2015...

...and I want a UI overhaul/refresh for Playstation TV tbh. The idea of organizing 500 hundred asymmetrical bubbles is making me ;_;

Fady K

*******Recap and updates*******

*A game that many of you may have missed the announcement for is Alone With You, a new Vita game that is considered by its' creator Benjamin Rivers (creator of the upcoming Vita horror game Home) a psychological romantic sci-fi game. Here is a preview for it along with a trailer. VERY interesting looking game honestly, give it a look.
vtcLscp.jpg

*New Vita game announced called Salt & Sanctuary from indie developer Ska Studios (developer of the well known indie games on the Xbox 360 - The Dishwasher and Charlie Murder) Here is a trailer of the 2D Platformer and it looks AWESOME honestly.
fuKy3k8.jpg

(Thanks to poster Zhao_Yun for the info)

*Hot off the heels of the first game, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 2 is being localized! (Thanks to Zhao_Yun again for the info :))
Zg1kudZ.jpg

*Playdek is bringing their award winning mobile deck-building game Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer to the Vita. Looks pretty detailed for those who are into such games! (Thanks to LoudNinja :D)
koUeP5W.jpg

*Better late than never but still, SNK Playmore is bringing Metal Slug 3 to the Vita :D (Thanks to Jacqli!)
fHxayWn.jpg

*Thanks to Infernal Monkey, we have some new Japanese games added to the list, starting with VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action.
fijnUub.gif

And a simpler game in the form of Ginsei Igo Next Generation
5wftNDs.jpg

*A new preview has gone up for Murasaki Baby detailing the worlds in the game.

*On the topic of previews, here is a new one for the soon to be released Velocity 2X.
14860677128_1b49651ed7_z.jpg

*English screens for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus have been released! Here is one of them:
skagura_sv_01_thumb.jpg

You are doing a great job Fady, keep up the good work!
Some other Vita news today:

Salt and Sanctuary from Ska Studios will get a Vita version
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ly-ps4ps-vita/?emcid=social_20140828_30617116

Nidhogg is getting a Vita version with CROSS BUY and online play!!! Here is a preview! (Thanks to Jacqli)
GeZvdeM.jpg

Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 localization was just confirmed as well
10609420_1668775020014604_5559280974133032984_n.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883934

And I just noticed that the OP is missing the Kantai Collection Vita game which has been announced one year ago
http://gematsu.com/2013/09/kan-colle-kai-announced-for-ps-vita

Thank you very much Zhao, much appreciated! And also - thanks for sharing some of the awesome announcements from the last few days :D

Salt & Sanctuary looks AWESOME in my opinion. Love me some 2D platformers that look like Castlevania.

Also, nice to see another game being localized in the form of Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 :D

I totally missed Kantai Collection, THANK YOU :) Added!

LTTP but excellent topic Fady K! Hopefully there'll be a lot more games to add on Monday.

Many thanks to you mao2! Stay tuned for more as this thread is constantly updated :) Thankfully, this week saw the addition of some REALLY awesome looking games and there is hopefully more to come this Monday!

Lots of game announcements today.
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer Coming to Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...le-of-the-godslayer-coming-to-vita/#sf4387252

Thank you very much for sharing this Loudninja, added to today's newsfeed :)

Earth Defense Force V2 also coming to Vita (I think it's missing): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878618
Metal Slug 3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884138

And, again, thank you for this great thread. :)

Thanks for the reminder Jacqli, I mentioned the announced for EDFV2 but totally forgot to add up a pic!
1bGqhTe.jpg

Thanks for the Metal Slug update as well mate :)

You are most welcome and may this thread continue to make all of us Vita gamers happy ^_^

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Yq89OhxfA

I thought this looks pretty good, Salt and Sanctuary, coming for Vita and PS4 next year. It's got it's own thread on the front page but thought I'd drop it in here for our glorious leader @Fady K :D

God bless you for your kind words redcrayon, you were always kind - AND motivational :D!!!!

This was my favorite Vita announcement recently, game looks so, so awesome. I hope it delivers in the end :)

What's the occasion today? Why all the sudden there's a slew of games announced for Vita? Metal Slug 3, Alone With You, Salt & Sanctuary, etc...

The beautiful thing about the Vita is games (and release dates!) get announced out of nowhere usually ;)

Ps + looking good for September for vita, will definitely try Velocity2x.

Is TxK worth downloading ? It looks similar to geometry wars.

I heard great things about TxK, seems like it is definitely worth a try, especially for free.

Bit of a non-event, but Silver Star has announced Ginsei Igo Next Generation for the Vita in Japan.

51zBWBhVp6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's just a video game simulation of the Go table game. Silver Star's been making these for aaaaages.

But it's kind of interesting, as this'll be a full priced retail release. Silver Star hasn't released a single physical game since like, 2011? They've pretty much been making 3DS eShop games non-stop.

*Shrugs* It's due out in November.

Thanks for sharing this infernal monkey, added to the list. Surprised that is it retail though!

@_@ Good lord, how am I ever going to get to all of these?

It's like I went from not having anything to play to a backlog the size of Brazil in nothing flat. How does VitaGAF cope?

It's a good problem to have though.

Definitely a good problem to have ;D This way you can play whatever fits your mood ^^

Cross buy too with online play! Awesome :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQwGb-d4cWA

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action announced for Vita.

Well this looks interesting! Not sure what it is yet but the gifs have my attention! Thanks again infernal monkey, were it not for you I would have missed these FOR SURE :)

Daouzin

*Playdek is bringing their award winning mobile deck-building game Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer to the Vita. Looks pretty detailed for those who are into such games! (Thanks to LoudNinja :D)
koUeP5W.jpg

Good to hear for people that don't do mobile/tablet gaming, this game is great, but personally I think it works perfectly on a tablet.

*Joe Danger is suddenly coming out in a FEW DAYS! (Note - PS+ users will get it for free!)
H0xmwMB.png

*PS+ users will be getting FOUR free Vita games in September. TxK, Joe Danger, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and the very promising Velocity 2X!

Man, I love my Vita, every month there's at least one game to buy and one free PS Plus game to play. I don't understand how this handheld isn't doing better.

Steel

Banned
Good to hear for people that don't do mobile/tablet gaming, this game is great, but personally I think it works perfectly on a tablet.

I think I actually might be in with a few friends. Magic 2015 didn't come to the ps4, and we used to spend a lot of time on its multiplayer on the 360, this might be able to fill the gap.

Do you know how it compares?

Edit:

We're getting PS all-stars for free next month? On the one hand, I feel burned because I paid full price for it and didn't get much out of it. On the other hand, at least now I'll have people to play it with.

Daouzin

I think I actually might be in with a few friends. Magic 2015 didn't come to the ps4, and we used to spend a lot of time on its multiplayer on the 360, this might be able to fill the gap.

Do you know how it compares?

It's a deck building game so the pace of the game is different than Magic in a lot of ways, but the combos within the game can get pretty deep like they do in Magic. I dunno it's really hard for me to compare them since they are different genres of card games, but Acension games usually end faster and once you get the hang of all of the different cards and combos and know what they do, games can be really fast. A fun game to play when you got 5-10 minutes to kill and there's a lot of depth if you get really into it.

I haven't played it for awhile, but the number of game types is severely lacking and their isn't any kind of campaign, at least when I last played it. I've never had a problem finding people to play with online though.

I'm liking some of the new games that have been announced... Salt looks like my kind of game and Alone With You looks interesting as well. I'll be importing EDF for sure as I want a physical release and I've never really played that particular EDF game before.

Any word on if Megaman X4 and X5 are getting a Euro release as well? I'd love to have them on my Vita, they are my two favourite post SNES X games (especially X4). I'd personally love for a proper Megaman collection to get a Vita release, having them all on the Vita would be awesome (plus I'd love each game to include some rock hard trophies, leaderboards etc.). Oh well, Mighty Number 9 will fill that void when its eventually released next year.

v1perz53

Why am I not already subscribed to this majestic thread! Thanks for the awesome OP and continued info. Cannot wait for don't starve vita this week. Will be ecstatic if there is a Dust: An Elysian Tale vita announcement in the future.

Steel

Banned
I haven't played it for awhile, but the number of game types is severely lacking and their isn't any kind of campaign, at least when I last played it. I've never had a problem finding people to play with online though.

Magic 2014 didn't really have any gametypes either, so I'm not concerned with that. And I'm not concerned about the campaign, just want a game to play with friends. In either case, you've sold me on it. Thanks for the info.

pastrami

Magic 2014 didn't really have any gametypes either, so I'm not concerned with that. And I'm not concerned about the campaign, just want a game to play with friends. In either case, you've sold me on it. Thanks for the info.

I don't think it was mentioned, so in case you don't know, it's not a trading card game like Magic. You build your deck from a shared pool of cards as you play, rather than playing with premade decks. You are also trying to score points, rather than trying to directly attack your opponents. It's still fun, and worth giving a shot.

Also, amazing job with this thread Fady K.

Don't Starve is releasing next week and will be free too if you redeemed the PS4 version back in January

That's great but for fuck's sake; it means I'm going to have this, Joe Danger and Velocity 2X to play on the same day. I haven't even finished Rogue Legacy, The Swapper or started Metrico. I feel overburdened with my first world problems!

Also, such a great topic. Really need to subscribe.

redcrayon

Xseed have just announced the next Ys game for Vita/PS4.

That's about as major a game as you can get for me :D Adol Christin is such a badass adventurer.

N° 2048

So..I should get a Vita. I'm so tired of AC, BF4 and the typical AAA games that are out. Yes, even The Last of Us.

Where to start...sheesh. Vita has come a long way..

Imouto

Banned
So..I should get a Vita. I'm so tired of AC, BF4 and the typical AAA games that are out. Yes, even The Last of Us.

You start from here. Ask for recommendation from that thread.

Although I could guess the result would consist of Soul Sacrifice Delta, Gravity Rush, Danganronpa 1 & 2, Ys Celceta.

I would suggest you check out Phantom Breaker Battleground and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

I am now heavily considering a Vita TV in order to play JRPGS. Almost all of the PS4 announcements are also for Vita which makes Wii U/PC/Vita TV awfully tempting.

Or am I crazy?

Novocaine

Isn't that thing region free?

The PS TV only allows certain games to be played (ie: ones that do not rely on touch screen support etc). Rather than having a black-list to block certain games it has a white-list that allows certain games. From what I understand (could be wrong) is that the white-lists only apply to the region the system is in. That's what yosp hinted at when Jeff from GB asked him during their E3 panel discussions.

So in other words it's a fucking nightmare and Sony did something stupid that prevented it from being a mini-console dreamboat?

I guess I could re-buy an OLED model :S

daydream

Banned
Good to see this thread is being updated. 'scribed!

Actually, I posted once in this thread saying that I'd get a Vita towards the end of the year, lol. I guess I pulled the trigger a little early. ;)

I'll continue my annoying "Where's my Minecraft release date homes?" posts I think... Basically the only thing I want to play on the Vita right now. Must have been an absolute bitch to port.

The PS TV only allows certain games to be played (ie: ones that do not rely on touch screen support etc). Rather than having a black-list to block certain games it has a white-list that allows certain games. From what I understand (could be wrong) is that the white-lists only apply to the region the system is in. That's what yosp hinted at when Jeff from GB asked him during their E3 panel discussions.
No, the whitelist applies to the region the game is from, because they haven't necessarily gotten the same patches/updates etc. If a western version of a game hasn't been whitelisted, it won't play on any Vita/PlayStation TV even if the Japanese version has.

RalchAC

But if I buy a western one, what's the problem? does compatibility depend on the Vita TV Model or something stupid that makes it a JRPG lovers nightmare?

What happens with the VitaTV is the same that happened to people that imported a Vita when it launched in Japan. The store, services and all that stuff is not ready. So you can't just buy a PAL/US game and play it if the compatibility patch hasn't released, you can't buy anything on the PS Store and I think (not 100% sure) you aren't able to use Remote Play either.

Which is a damn shame, but the system is launching in the West in 2 months or so. Once it happens, the thing will work like the Vita. Retail games will be region free and switching to a different region account will be a hassle (you'll need to format your PSTV everytime you switch to another region memory card)

Games that are announced for Vita at Sony´s TGS conference

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - PS4/PS3/PSV
Seran Kagura: Estival Versus - PS4/Vita
God Eater 2: Rage Burst - PS4/Vita
Ys - PS4/Vita
Way of the Samurai (working title - Vita)
Luminous Arc Infinity (Vita)
Uta no Prince-sama (working title - Vita)
Neo Romance (working title - Vita)

Not bad at all.

Fady K

So the Sony Pre-TGS conference wasn't bad at all! A few surprises here and there where the Vita is concerned. I'll make sure to mention them all alongside any other recent updates before the event. Enjoy!

*Deemo, a lovely music adventure for smartphones, is coming to the Vita with expanded elements including plenty of new story bits.
KBOdKKL.jpg

*A new entry in the Way of the Samurai series was announced for the Vita by Spike. More to come eventually!
WotS-PSV-Ann-Init.jpg

*A updated version of God Eater 2 (originally on PSP + Vita, never out in English so far) called God Eater 2: Rage Burst was announced for the Vita. Hopefully this one comes out in English. One of the better "Monster Hunter" inspired games from Japan. Here's the trailer for the game :).
r3oLq65.jpg

*As we wait for the upcoming Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, we can take solace in the fact that a NEW game in the series by the name of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus will be making its way to our Vitas (hopefully in English as well) sometime next year. Here is the teaser for it.
5ikLQ7y.jpg

*A new entry in the Ys series is coming out for the Vita. Not much is known yet other than the logo below; rest assured, the RPG series is known for its quality, as evident on the PSP games Ys Seven and The Oath of Felghana as well the Vita remake of Ys IV, all out in English.
VtcKaDu.jpg

*Previously exclusive to the DS, a new entry in the Luminous Arc series is coming out to the Vita by the name of Luminous Arc Infinity. Not much is known about the game other than its likely genre - strategy RPG.
xeXEDlo.jpg

*A new Vita color has joined the family: Light Pink/White!
lightpinkwhite.jpg

*The Live From Playstation feature on the PS4 will be on the Vita as well soon.

*Square-Enix have released a new trailer for their upcoming Chaos Rings Prequel Trilogy. Looks pretty cool really. Here it is!

*Here is the English trailer for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 2!

*Sony has announced that the Vita will finally be getting themes :) Not a biggie for most, but I personally loved dynamic themes on the PS3 :D
PSV-330-Themes-Ann-Init.jpg

*This game came out of nowhere for me and is coming out TOMORROW haha. It is called Deathmatch Village, a free to play multiplayer action game. Looks fun honestly.
vVYjLXA.jpg

*Another out of nowhere game that is coming out tomorrow is Mahjong Gold
X4YOzSM.jpg

Man, I love my Vita, every month there's at least one game to buy and one free PS Plus game to play. I don't understand how this handheld isn't doing better.

I feel the same way. System really deserves much, much better. A lot of the complaints are about not having enough exclusive content on the system, which is understandable. Thing is, the system had plenty of AAA games at first and they did not sell well enough to warrant more of those games.

Just letting you know, VA-11 HALL-A is not Japanese. The development team is venezuelan.

I hope EDFV2 gets a physical release outside of Japan too.

Oh, thanks for letting me know Aerocrane; I will move it outside the Japan-only section then.

Why am I not already subscribed to this majestic thread! Thanks for the awesome OP and continued info. Cannot wait for don't starve vita this week. Will be ecstatic if there is a Dust: An Elysian Tale vita announcement in the future.

Thanks for the very kind words v1perz53! And you are most welcome. Stay tuned for constant updates from releases to news :D Dust seems like an excellent fit for the Vita, wouldn't be surprised if it gets confirmed for it eventually.

Vita has games.

:D Well said

Also, amazing job with this thread Fady K.

Thank you so much pastrami, hope you enjoy today's epic update :)
\
That's great but for fuck's sake; it means I'm going to have this, Joe Danger and Velocity 2X to play on the same day. I haven't even finished Rogue Legacy, The Swapper or started Metrico. I feel overburdened with my first world problems!

Also, such a great topic. Really need to subscribe.

Glad you're liking the thread man :) There's plenty more to come, just look at today's update for an indication :)

Xseed have just announced the next Ys game for Vita/PS4.

That's about as major a game as you can get for me :D Adol Christin is such a badass adventurer.

An excellent addition to the thread :) Surprisingly, we got a few really cool announcements for the Vita today!

It really has! Honestly, around over a year ago I thought the system was screwed. Despite the poor sales, I think the system had an incredible revival. Vita is life in some form after all ;)

God Eater 2 Rage Burst is also coming to the Vita.

Too bad the new Senran Kagura is on the PS4 only. Look like it's also on the Vita.

More great additions for the Vita :)

Lots of great stuff just announced at the pre-conference conference. :D

For a Vita round up of the announcements, check out the top of my post ;D

You start with a Vita and a PS+ membership. The rest will follow naturally.

SmokyDave, don't think i've seen you in this thread yet. What do you think :D? You were among the first posters I thought would enjoy this thread when I made it. Come by every now and then, this place is loaded with Happy Vita owners haha.

Thanks for the round up Shizuka! I'll mention them in detail in the above post.

Good to see this thread is being updated. 'scribed!

Actually, I posted once in this thread saying that I'd get a Vita towards the end of the year, lol. I guess I pulled the trigger a little early. ;)

First of all, CONGRATS on getting a Vita. How are you finding it? What are you enjoying on it most? And yes, this thread will continue to be updated as long as the Vita exists ;) Check out the above update for an example of how up to date we keep things in this thread :D

mao2

Thanks for the update! Hope to get more info of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Luminous Arc Infinity soon.

Top Bottom