• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Ahzrei

Banned
Persona 3 failed to grab me by the throat the way Persona 4 did.

But then I picked up Danganronpa, and my life is over again.

God I love this thing. And even MORE announcements from TGS! @_@

How did Sony mess this up? Everyone and their brother should want/have a Vita, but every time I bring it up to someone, they've never heard of it.

Novocaine

No, the whitelist applies to the region the game is from, because they haven't necessarily gotten the same patches/updates etc. If a western version of a game hasn't been whitelisted, it won't play on any Vita/PlayStation TV even if the Japanese version has.

Ah my bad. In any case having it restricted like this kind of sucks.

Deemo looks interesting. Is it quite story driven?

The story is not really important. It's a very simple fairy-tale story that creates a setting and a few characters to tie all the songs together.

You do have to advance the story to unlock all the songs, but all you have to do is to keep playing to accomplish this.

SmokyDave

SmokyDave, don't think i've seen you in this thread yet. What do you think :D? You were among the first posters I thought would enjoy this thread when I made it. Come by every now and then, this place is loaded with Happy Vita owners haha.
Dude, I fucking love this thread. Have it as an icon on my phones home screen. I haven't posted much because I think my exuberance can make life a little harder for other Vita owners on GAF that have to deal with the blowback.

Suffice to say though, this is the first thread I read every day and an invaluable resource :)

I'm drowning in Vita games at the moment. My backlog must be 70-80 titles deep, and I'm acquiring new games faster than I'm completing old games. Then I keep revisiting golden oldies like WipEout, Stardust, or Everybody's Golf and making things even worse. Promised myself that I'm not buying any more Vita games for at least three weeks. Except Akiba's Trip.

Turnstyle

Pegi rated Element4l for Vita. Judging from PC videos, it's a mix between Locoroco/Puddle with Limbo aesthethics

Seem to remember Giant Bomb quick looking this on PC a while ago, thought it looked interesting.

Still no word on Duke? What black hole did that fall into? It was at cert in June, I think.

Also, it got me thinking. Is the Vita the only platform that doesn't have a Doom release??

EDIT: GB Quick Look

Sorry if this is a re-post, but you can now pre-order Freedom Wars from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N0E9C1Q/

They didn't have it up before, even after it was announced to be getting a physical release. Not sure when it went up but it wasn't there a few days back. It's presently only £22.85, which is pretty cheap for a new pre-order game.

Fady K

Some updates for the day :)

*So Dangranonpa 2 Goodbye Despair received a FULL SCORE by the lovely team on PSNstores.com :) Check out their review.

*New footage of the latest Mega Man game in disguise has surfaced: New gameplay from the upcoming Mighty No. 9 :)

*Remember the recently announced Salt & Sanctuary from the awesome Ska studios? If not, go check out the trailer and preview NOW. If you do, well check this out - the devs say their game is inspired by 2D Castlevania and Dark Souls :) <3

*Here's a new trailer for Gust's (developers of the Atelier games) new Vita RPG Ar No Surge.

*Here's a new trailer for the awesome looking RPG Legend of Heroes: Sen No Kiseki II (Please bring this series over XSEED <3)

Thanks for the update! Hope to get more info of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Luminous Arc Infinity soon.

You're most welcome mao2! With TGS around the corner, we can expect more updates on those titles and more!

I think the Touhou games are also coming to vita: http://www.mediascape.co.jp/zunps/
More announcements than I thought! Although, speaking of indies, I would love to have a port of Long Live the Queen. I would carry my vita everywhere.

I missed out on that one, thanks Jacqli :) I picked this image for it for now:

UUUe7oF.png

Persona 3 failed to grab me by the throat the way Persona 4 did.

But then I picked up Danganronpa, and my life is over again.

God I love this thing. And even MORE announcements from TGS! @_@

How did Sony mess this up? Everyone and their brother should want/have a Vita, but every time I bring it up to someone, they've never heard of it.

Ah, Danganronpa, I so need to start that series. I heard that the 2nd game is even better.

Not sure how Sony continue to mess this up. They are sitting on a gem of a platform and are not telling people much about its library.

Pegi rated Element4l for Vita. Judging from PC videos, it's a mix between Locoroco/Puddle with Limbo aesthethics

Good catch VLiberty; we'll likely hear something official soon.

Hey, what's the count of upcoming Vita games in this thread now, have we headed over 200 yet? :D

TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT games my friend :)! Waiting till we hit 250 (I bet we'll need a month or two tops) and I'll then ask a mod to change the title :) Since I started this thread, we all added a whopping EIGHTY EIGHT GAMES!!!!

Dude, I fucking love this thread. Have it as an icon on my phones home screen. I haven't posted much because I think my exuberance can make life a little harder for other Vita owners on GAF that have to deal with the blowback.

Suffice to say though, this is the first thread I read every day and an invaluable resource :)

I'm drowning in Vita games at the moment. My backlog must be 70-80 titles deep, and I'm acquiring new games faster than I'm completing old games. Then I keep revisiting golden oldies like WipEout, Stardust, or Everybody's Golf and making things even worse. Promised myself that I'm not buying any more Vita games for at least three weeks. Except Akiba's Trip.

Wow, to say I'm honored would be an understatement. You're one of the most knowledgeable Vita owners out there, always nice to see a gamer who appreciates the insane quality and quantity of a system's library rather than go with the much more common "it sells like shit and has no games" argument.

Like you, due to my interest in many kinds of games, I'm drowning in my Vita backlog as well, let alone my other systems' backlogs!

I'm ecstatic at your thoughts about this thread and I'll reiterate my frequently stated point in this thread: the Vita has so much going for it and it is with pleasure, as a huge Vita fan, to provide every Vita owner (and would-be owner) on this forum with the latest announcements for the system to give us something to look forward to almost all the time :D

Stay tuned for plenty more on the thread Dave :)

Seem to remember Giant Bomb quick looking this on PC a while ago, thought it looked interesting.

Still no word on Duke? What black hole did that fall into? It was at cert in June, I think.

Also, it got me thinking. Is the Vita the only platform that doesn't have a Doom release??

EDIT: GB Quick Look

Duke is definitely still coming as the publisher gave another update over just a month ago that it is coming along well :)

On that topic, I definitely wish we had more First Person games on the Vita ^^ Killzone Mercenary set an excellent example IMO.

Fady K

Sorry if this is a re-post, but you can now pre-order Freedom Wars from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N0E9C1Q/

They didn't have it up before, even after it was announced to be getting a physical release. Not sure when it went up but it wasn't there a few days back. It's presently only £22.85, which is pretty cheap for a new pre-order game.

Thanks for sharing this Eudamonium! This will be useful to Vita gamers in Europe in this thread :D

Fady K

A very big week for Vita as it received the sequel to one its supposedly best games (Danganronpa 2) plus one of the coolest looking (and among the best reviewed so far) indie darlings - Velocity 2X.

On top of that, Don't Starve in your pocket is a very welcome addition. The same goes to the incredibly fun Joe Danger. A musou game (Warriors Orochi 3), free to play multiplayer game (Deathmatch Village), and Mahjong game (Mahjong Gold) round up the releases for the week :)

NEW ATTRACTIONS

(If you guys are interested in having info on the developer of the newly released games alongside a trailer, let me know. Not sure if that feature was interesting enough for the people here.)

Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair (E, R)
VDCeYhS.jpg

Don't Starve - Giant Edition (PE)
j8Ps5le.jpg

Velocity 2X (SCE)
B8it13C.jpg

Joe Danger (NO3DS)
H0xmwMB.png

Deathmatch Village (SCE)
vVYjLXA.jpg

Mahjong Gold (NO3DS)
X4YOzSM.jpg

Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate (NO3DS)
noJhVlO.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rekcahdam/band-saga

Jobbs is making Ghost Song and I backed that. In his latest update he posted that a friend of his who does the music for GS is making a passion project of his own. I think it looks pretty dope! It has a Vita goal, so let's see what GAF can do for the guy.

I am not associated with these guys whatsoever, just thought I'd share.

Hope it gets funded! Looks pretty interesting :)

Fady K

****Some Vita updates for the day****

*New Vita game announced - an updated port of the RPG Rise of Mana (from the famous Mana series) from Square-Enix.
FDki4Cv.jpg

*Another updated port from Square-Enix has been announced for the Vita, Deadman's Cross - a, get this, zombie shooting card game.
FUUKRmL.jpg

*The next Ys game is around 30% complete and will apparently be set between Ys V and VI.
Ys-Next-30-Percent-Complete.jpg

*Here is a gameplay screenshot of Luminous Arc: Infinity ^_^
larc3_thumb.jpg

*Upcoming strategy RPG Natural Doctrine has been delayed slightly to the 3rd/4th of October.
Natural-Doctrine_12-27.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I love this thread as well.

I already own over 160 Vita titles, and just bought two more this past month (Akiba's Trip and Dangan Ronpa). I'm currently working my way through Persona 3 Portable, and will move on to one of the other two once I'm done (I'm already a good 2 or more hours into Akiba's Trip, so I'll probably continue that one).

The Vita really needs more love, and this thread is a great place for Vita owners, and potential Vita owners to educate themselves on what's coming out for this thing. Love it! Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread!

Hollycat

There're too many new vita games. Now I have to pick between WO3U, One piece UWR, Disgaea 4, and Danganronpa 2. I only get to buy one this month.

Sitrus

I think I'm going to have to upgrade my memory card to at least 16gb. All these games can't fit in my 8gb.

Just remember that the money used for the memory cards will seem like a small price to pay considering how many games are on sale the whole time. People who think the cards are expensive don't usually consider how cheap Vita games can be compared to for example 3DS games that almost never are on sale (but I still buy them...).

Fodder76

Previously announced for PS4, Ray's the Dead is now coming to Vita too (with cross-buy!)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/03/ps4-zombie-romp-rays-dead-now-coming-ps-vita/

FAQKNmZ.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLyqd2ds-I

Also, incredible job with the thread as always, Fady!

Hey all, I'm one of the Devs on Ray's the Dead. We were stoked to announce the Vita version today! I'm a huge Vita fan so this has been a personal goal of mine. I look at this thread all the time to see all the goodness that's coming my way. :)

Also just wanted to let you know that we are currently running a Kickstarter for the game. Its already funded, but we are trying to hit some stretch goals so we can (ideally) add another team member. We are only a 3 man team, so another team member would be a huge help for an ambitious game like this.

If you are interested, please check it out here. Thanks!

http://kck.st/YrElnR

RK128

Hey all, I'm one of the Devs on Ray's the Dead. We were stoked to announce the Vita version today! I'm a huge Vita fan so this has been a personal goal of mine. I look at this thread all the time to see all the goodness that's coming my way. :)

Also just wanted to let you know that we are currently running a Kickstarter for the game. Its already funded, but we are trying to hit some stretch goals so we can (ideally) add another team member. We are only a 3 man team, so another team member would be a huge help for an ambitious game like this.

Wish you and the rest of your team the best of luck :D. The trailer for this game looked really interesting and the art style you guys chose was great (3D backgrounds mixed with really expressive 2D character art). Thank you for putting the game on Vita; it will be a perfect fit for the game :D.

baekshi

Banned

Your 55k tier includes "Enhanced Vita + Vita TV" What does it mean? is this one of the tiers without getting to that tier, vita version will be half assed worked.

Okay then, 16 GB is off the table, I'll just have to wait until later this month then. My stupid school won't pay student employees until then.

it's never enough, I start with 8GB too, than 16GB, then 32GB, when I get to 32GB is when I think I had to stop, that's enough to hold 12+ mid sized game and even more smaller ones. realistically, there's no way I'm playing that many game at a time.

but PS+ really does make it hard, every month I got new games that I download, but had no time to play, backlog is piling up, and even with 32GB now, I still had to delete some stuff for this month games.

I don't want to upgrade to 64gb because I figure if I want to upgrade, I should at least wait until 128GB card.

Fodder76

Wish you and the rest of your team the best of luck :D. The trailer for this game looked really interesting and the art style you guys chose was great (3D backgrounds mixed with really expressive 2D character art). Thank you for putting the game on Vita; it will be a perfect fit for the game :D.

Thanks so much! We think so too.

Fodder76

Your 55k tier includes "Enhanced Vita + Vita TV" What does it mean? is this one of the tiers without getting to that tier, vita version will be half assed worked.

What we have signed up for right now is a straight port of the game, that will essentially be the same as the PS4 version.

We have a list of things we would ideally like to do if we get additional funding, which includes front and back touch screen support for various aspects of the game, cross save, and cross control, which lets you control the PS4 version with the Vita, and use the Vita as a second screen.

We also want to put the time in to make sure the game works flawlessly with the PlayStation TV.

We can't commit to these things unless we can hire another team member, so we hope we are able to do so.

Thanks!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
*Another updated port from Square-Enix has been announced for the Vita, Deadman's Cross - a, get this, zombie shooting card game.
FUUKRmL.jpg

I've played this on my phone and thought it was pretty horrible. It's free, if anyone wants to check it out before it hits the Vita.

I'm down for more SE support on the Vita, though.

*Upcoming strategy RPG Natural Doctrine has been delayed slightly to the 3rd/4th of October.
Natural-Doctrine_12-27.jpg

I have this preordered. I love turn-based strategy games and feel like the Vita is perfect for them, but none of the ones available so far have been my cup of tea. Hopefully this suits me better than something like Disgaea.

Foggy

Since this is the hottest Vita thread, I hope I'm ok with asking for help here. I was trying to get the Content Manager Assistant up and running again for the first time in a year or so, so that I can back up some games on my PC. Obviously I needed to update and each time I tried I would get an error on my computer saying "object already exists", so I uninstalled the CMA program and deleted any Vita relevant folders. Downloaded the CMA from http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html and still no dice. I even did the whole restart, try installing with usb cord plugged in, not plugged in, and so on and so forth.

So, has anyone run into this "object already exists" issue or know a way to fix it?

Top Bottom