• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

IA/VT Colorful delayed to 2015 in Japan

Anyone else getting the feeling that this project is proving to be way overambitious?

It seems they had too many songs to begin with, and not enough variation among those songs. Add the unproven gameplay and visual system that is being built from scratch, and I could see all these delays being needed to make a variety of stages that are actually consistent in quality in both aspects.

Also, this makes you wonder what the reactions to the last public demo must have been like.

That said, I'll be glad to see the end product if it realizes its full potential using this extra time.

Fady K

*Thanks to Infernal Monkey :D, we have another game added to the list! Ray's the Dead is coming out for the Vita (CROSS BUY with the upcoming PS4 version :D)
2ubsI5H.jpg

*So Minecraft PS4 edition is suddenly coming out today/tomorrow which hopefully means that the Vita version is getting reaaaaaaallly close :D

*Crescent Moon games will be bringing their former ios RPG Pocket RPG to the Vita it seems after a trophy list for the Vita popped up for it.
Pocket_RPG_Dungeon_2.jpg

*Here are some new screenshots of Square-Enix's upcoming RPG Rise of Mana
mana02.jpg

mana03.jpg

mana04.jpg

mana05.jpg

*Screenshots and a piece of artwork from another upcoming RPG, Ys:
ys802.jpg

ys804.jpg

ys805.jpg

The thread that keeps on giving!

Keep up the good work :)

Many thanks to you mellan, I promise I shall continue to do my best :] Very happy to entertain the fellow Vita gamers here.

This thread is amazing. Insane amount of updates. Keep up the good work guys, I appreciate it so much!

With kind words like yours I am as motivated as can be to keep providing plenty of updates alongside the awesome posters here. Stay tuned for countless updates ^^

Again, I hope all these Japanese games come to the West.

Hopefully! There are plenty of games on the Japanese list that are sure to interest many publishers in the west. Keep in mind that plenty of the games on that Japanese list did not come out even in Japan yet; English versions of such games usually get announced a few months (at times a whole year) after the Japanese version hits.

Definitely not the only one. And god Ys looks pretty, I want it now!

The Ys series looks really interesting. Is the Vita game worth picking up? The Celceta one?

Nice update! Rise of Mana looks great, but at the same time it's a F2P game... :/

Hey there mao2. Not sure if the Vita one will be F2P. Personally hope that won't be the case and the game gets some "paid" elements within it and gets sold for a price instead.

Previously announced for PS4, Ray's the Dead is now coming to Vita too (with cross-buy!)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/03/ps4-zombie-romp-rays-dead-now-coming-ps-vita/

FAQKNmZ.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLyqd2ds-I

Also, incredible job with the thread as always, Fady!

Man, that is *awesome* news. Another day, another Vita game to add to the list :D

Thanks a lot for sharing Infernal Monkey and thank you SO MUCH for your kind words :)!!

Yeah this thread definitely helped renew interest in my vita.

<3 <3

Also, your avatar is one of my most anticipated games EVER. Just the thought of playing an updated version of Grim Fandango on my Vita gives me the chills.

I love this thread as well.

I already own over 160 Vita titles, and just bought two more this past month (Akiba's Trip and Dangan Ronpa). I'm currently working my way through Persona 3 Portable, and will move on to one of the other two once I'm done (I'm already a good 2 or more hours into Akiba's Trip, so I'll probably continue that one).

The Vita really needs more love, and this thread is a great place for Vita owners, and potential Vita owners to educate themselves on what's coming out for this thing. Love it! Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread!

Thank you for the kind words Figboy79 ^^ I want to start playing Persona 3 Portable soon as well, really want to get into this series.

It's so awesome to see so many Vita owners in one thread get to know about (and get excited about!) plenty of upcoming and newly released games :) I love the Vita community on GAF <3 <3 <3

There're too many new vita games. Now I have to pick between WO3U, One piece UWR, Disgaea 4, and Danganronpa 2. I only get to buy one this month.

Too easy mate, Dangan Ronpa 2 is the way to go if you finished the first one ;)

How is Rise of Mana? What was it on originally? Odds of coming to the US?

It was originally a free to play mobile game in Japan, not sure how it was received by the gamers over there but given that it is Square-Enix, it could vary from dreadful to great. The same goes for the chances of an English release, but let's see :)

Hey all, I'm one of the Devs on Ray's the Dead. We were stoked to announce the Vita version today! I'm a huge Vita fan so this has been a personal goal of mine. I look at this thread all the time to see all the goodness that's coming my way. :)

Also just wanted to let you know that we are currently running a Kickstarter for the game. Its already funded, but we are trying to hit some stretch goals so we can (ideally) add another team member. We are only a 3 man team, so another team member would be a huge help for an ambitious game like this.

If you are interested, please check it out here. Thanks!

http://kck.st/YrElnR

Whoa, so awesome to have you pass by this thread :)!! Your game looks awesome. Cross Buy just sweetens the whole deal <3 Keep checking on this thread as it keeps on giving ^^

GOOD LUCK with your stretch goals, I hope you guys hit em all and deliver the game in the best way possible.

I think that's the hottest Zombie Nurse I've ever seen...

Personally the art in that game is so good that I wish it weren't a card game but something more >_<

I have this preordered. I love turn-based strategy games and feel like the Vita is perfect for them, but none of the ones available so far have been my cup of tea. Hopefully this suits me better than something like Disgaea.

I expect this to be a lot different (and harder) than the Disgaea games. Honestly it has been a while since I have seen such a good LOOKING (not too-low budget) strategy RPGs on consoles and the Vita, so I really hope this turns out great ;)

I'm surprised I haven't posted in here yet, but this is a great thread/resource, Fady K. Fantastic job.

Thank you so very much for your compliments VanWinkle, humbled! I'll keep on updating this thread whenever I can every few days so keep passing by and enjoy my friend.

What in the actual fook!??!

10 Star thread!

Glad you checked it out, welcome ^_^ Feel free to drop any comments and enjoy :) Also, in case you didn't know, this thread (and the OP) is updated CONSTANTLY. Pass by from time to time and have fun :D

Ahzrei

Banned
Salt and Sanctuary looks sick! I'll have to add another to my (frighteningly long) list of games to buy. @_@ I'm never going to recover from this year. Too much awesome.

Also excited for waifu bartending.

Ah, Danganronpa, I so need to start that series. I heard that the 2nd game is even better.

You really do. It's amazing. If the second game is better... I don't know if my body is ready. I will definitely need a break in between. But I have a bazillion games to play now, so that won't be a problem.

Best thread on GAF, imho. So much positivity and great info all in one place.

Steel

Banned
You really do. It's amazing. If the second game is better... I don't know if my body is ready. I will definitely need a break in between. But I have a bazillion games to play now, so that won't be a problem.

Lets put it this way, the first case In DR 2 is as good as the last in DR 1, imo.

Well basically the XB1 and PS4 versions of Minecraft are done, and they said they wouldn't go back to updating the PS3 and XBOX editions until all 3 new versions were done. So hopefully they should actually work on the Vita edition now.

This thread is indeed awesome, remember that shu yoshida interview at gamescom(or e3) when ask where's vita presence at the conference? Shu said vita owner are pretty hardcore and go out to look for vita news info or something like that.

I can't helped thinking of this thread when I read that interview.

I'm really pleased with this weeks PS+ downloads for the Vita. Don't Starve and Joe Danger are nice inclusions but its Velocity 2X that is absorbing all my times, its incredibly well done and addictive. Its sitting right up there alongside The Swapper and Rogue Legacy as my favourite Vita downloads of the year. I was disappointed that Megaman X4 and X5 haven't been added to the Euro PSN store. I was looking forward to having both of those available to play on the go (X4 especially).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well at least in terms of PS+ for vita, they can't give any worse than Proteus.

I've never been so quick to swap and exit a game before.

Ahzrei

Banned
I'm really pleased with this weeks PS+ downloads for the Vita. Don't Starve and Joe Danger are nice inclusions but its Velocity 2X that is absorbing all my times, its incredibly well done and addictive. Its sitting right up there alongside The Swapper and Rogue Legacy as my favourite Vita downloads of the year. I was disappointed that Megaman X4 and X5 haven't been added to the Euro PSN store. I was looking forward to having both of those available to play on the go (X4 especially).

I'll have to download it (Velocity 2X), my 64gb memory card just arrived. I'm not sure when/if I'll get to it though. Is it good for short spurts? Most of my long-gaming sessions are going to be taken for quite some time.

I'll have to download it (Velocity 2X), my 64gb memory card just arrived. I'm not sure when/if I'll get to it though. Is it good for short spurts? Most of my long-gaming sessions are going to be taken for quite some time.

Its great for short spurts. The levels only take a couple of minutes to clear and they are designed around speed running them. I've cleared the first 15 or so levels (of 50) but I'm playing each through multiple times to shave off a few seconds here or there or get a slightly better score.

Ahzrei

Banned
Its great for short spurts. The levels only take a couple of minutes to clear and they are designed around speed running them. I've cleared the first 15 or so levels (of 50) but I'm playing each through multiple times to shave off a few seconds here or there or get a slightly better score.

Ah, perfect. I hope it does more for me than Spelunky does. Thanks :)

redcrayon

So, Binding of Isaac looks like a US release of 4 November, which is a PS+ update spot as well. Optimistic EU vitabros can thus hope for 5 November or 3 December if it still makes it this year, I suppose!

After both Metrico and Velocity 2x took the PS+ option at launch, I wonder exactly how much the increased exposure and press coverage wil help them after that month. Obviously Sony is paying for the copies 'sold' regardless, but I'd love to see a comparison in say, sales over six months between games that launched on PS+ and games that didn't, it certainly seems to be quite a popular option. Metrico in particular was always going to struggle with just getting people to give it a go.

v1perz53

The Ys series looks really interesting. Is the Vita game worth picking up? The Celceta one?

From what I have seen opinions are generally positive, though if you are really in to graphics some have said the graphics in Celceta are mediocre (newer one looks much better). I personally found it to be the most fun ARPG I have played on my Vita yet, and got the platinum trophy in it just because I wanted to keep playing (was a super tedious platinum). In my eyes, it has fantastic combat, a passable story and 5/6 of your party characters are fun to play (you control 3 at a time so you can just never use Ozma if you want). Heavily recommend if you enjoy ARPG gameplay.

redcrayon

Yeah, it's awesome, one of the best on the system. Graphics could be a little better but the combat is fast-paced and really engaging. Great music too. In fact, both apply to the whole series. MoC was my first Ys game, since then I've also played through Oath in Felghana and Ys 7, and am now looking at buying I and II as well.

The Ys games are just great action rpgs, I'd recommend anyone to try at least one, even if the usual JRPG stuff isn't your thing. Adol is a bit like Link, a classic old-school hero who doesn't mess around. He's out the door and carving up bosses the size of buildings before your modern-day FF protagonist has finished moaning about the inadequacy of their belt collection :D

Shizuka

Hey guys, is there any chance of Shovel Knight coming to Vita? Any rumor about it?

They've mentioned they'll consider porting it to other platforms after they're done developing all content involved in the strech goals from the Kickstarter.

Fady K

Vita updates from the last few days

*There's this upcoming shooter you may not have heard of yet called Destiny :p and the PS4 version will obviously be playable on the Vita through remote play. Bungie isn't stopping there however, they went an extra mile in making sure the experience is well suited to the Vita as well. Have a look at this Vita trailer!. Also here's how Bungie are laying out the controls for the Vita version through remote play:
15118674406_6bbc8e7e56_z.jpg

*The much anticipated Binding of Isaac: Rebirth finally has a release date: November 4th. Game is looking really cool.
wjMGxpK.gif

f8ZBAFQ.gif

*The upcoming turn-based strategy game Frozen Synapse Prime has a release date and is coming out sooner than you think: September 23rd. For those who played it on Steam, know that this version has many new additions! Here is the launch trailer.
Frozen-Synapse-Prime_thumbnail.jpg

*The LittleBigPlanet series is getting a new free-to-play and VERY awesome looking runner on the Vita by the name of Run Sackboy, Run . Should hit this October! The game will also allow you to unlock costumes for use in LBP3 on the PS4/3.
14946601399_d37cd9c8d1_z.jpg

14946742667_d248aeec8a_z.jpg

*Remember Rollers of the Realm? It is an upcoming game from Atlus which combines RPG elements with...pinball :0! If the "pinball RPG" doesn't make much sense to you yet, check out this video by Atlus which will help explain it. The game, which is cross buy and cross save, is due this November.
RotR-Nov-2014-Date.jpg

*Here is a new trailer for the upcoming Japanese fighting game Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax from SEGA.
DBFC-PV_09-05-14.jpg

*Here is a new trailer for Run Like Hell! on the Vita which is suddenly coming out rather soon (September 16th!)
gallery05.jpg

*Here is a new features trailer for Tiny Troops: Joint Ops . It is a single player (with online leaderboards) cutesy arcade shooter where you take control of miniature marines and is both cross buy and cross save.
14949875627_766e15e5fa_b.jpg

*Here is a prologue trailer for the bartender-visual novel game VA-11 Hall A that should hit the Vita sometime this fall.

Salt and Sanctuary looks sick! I'll have to add another to my (frighteningly long) list of games to buy. @_@ I'm never going to recover from this year. Too much awesome.

Also excited for waifu bartending.

Best thread on GAF, imho. So much positivity and great info all in one place.

Too much awesome is definitely something I can agree with Ahzrei! Salt & Sanctuary is indeed one of the better looking games among the recently announced ones for the Vita :)

Haha you liked the first game that much huh? It seems many Vita owners loved Danganronpa 1; share your thoughts when you're done with the 2nd game :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words, never imagined it to be this big and honestly my favorite part about it all is the POSITIVITY in the thread that you mentioned :D

This thread is indeed awesome, remember that shu yoshida interview at gamescom(or e3) when ask where's vita presence at the conference? Shu said vita owner are pretty hardcore and go out to look for vita news info or something like that.

I can't helped thinking of this thread when I read that interview.

Thanks for the lovely words Callibretto <3

Yeah and the scary thing is this isn't out of the norm with the Vita: we're getting plenty of weeks loaded with wonderful titles. I'm surprised that Capcom didn't add the Mega Man games to the Euro store yet though.

Indie Games: The Console

A fitting name for it, and then some :D

Thanks maouvin, adding this to the updates and list :)

From what I have seen opinions are generally positive, though if you are really in to graphics some have said the graphics in Celceta are mediocre (newer one looks much better). I personally found it to be the most fun ARPG I have played on my Vita yet, and got the platinum trophy in it just because I wanted to keep playing (was a super tedious platinum). In my eyes, it has fantastic combat, a passable story and 5/6 of your party characters are fun to play (you control 3 at a time so you can just never use Ozma if you want). Heavily recommend if you enjoy ARPG gameplay.

Wow, most fun ARPG on the Vita for you? Interesting. You got my attention, I may look into it eventually when a sale hits, would love to try out this series as well. Ys Seven in particular looked really nice to me.

Frozen Synapse Prime is out on 23 September (US) and 24th (EU).

Good month for squad-based tactics fans then!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-05-frozen-synapse-prime-gets-a-september-release-date

And we have another out of nowhere release date for a big Vita game :D Thanks redcrayon! Adding it up to the updates!

Yeah, it's awesome, one of the best on the system. Graphics could be a little better but the combat is fast-paced and really engaging. Great music too. In fact, both apply to the whole series. MoC was my first Ys game, since then I've also played through Oath in Felghana and Ys 7, and am now looking at buying I and II as well.

The Ys games are just great action rpgs, I'd recommend anyone to try at least one, even if the usual JRPG stuff isn't your thing. Adol is a bit like Link, a classic old-school hero who doesn't mess around. He's out the door and carving up bosses the size of buildings before your modern-day FF protagonist has finished moaning about the inadequacy of their belt collection :D

You're the second person to tell me of its awesomeness today :D How were the other 2 (7 and Oath in Felghana)?

Now that you're into the series, I bet you were quite happy about the announcement of the new Ys :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKusAWHzyk

Did anyone post this? Frozen Synapse launch trailer.

I embedded this onto my update post above, thank you Imouto <3

Playing through Danganronpa 2 at the moment, it's great.

Those screen shots look interesting, im super down for another Ys game.

Enjoy DR2 :) Glad you liked the screens. Stay tuned, this thread is constantly updated with news, screens and trailers :)

v1perz53

Ahh nothing like a Fady K update to start the morning. Something about the way you make your posts just gets me so hyped for what is coming! November 4th definitely makes me suspect a PS+ launch for Binding of Isaac, which would be absolutely awesome, though I would've payed full price day one for it. Just seems like an absolutely perfect fit for my vita, it will likely draw me in harder than Spelunky did.

nyarla

Neo Member
Just popping in to post this new little video of Forget-Me-Not Vita: http://vine.co/v/OuQLqZY6amp .. some kind of dark aquatic level. It's coming along nicely :) (I know blurry 6 second vine loops aren't the best but it's not really worth making a proper video yet...gonna have to buy some capture hardware when the time comes...)

Can't wait to finally play Binding of Isaac - I mostly just play games on consoles these days so haven't checked out the original.. it's looking awesome!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, this thread is still going?

Good. The Vita is probably one of the weirdest systems ever... there's so many batshit insane Japanese games on the thing, and they're actually being released in the US. I have no idea how. I hope the system remains viable in the States for long enough that we can actually see some of the games in the OP localized.

Though no matter how well the thing does, I suppose Sega will never bring Phantasy Star Nova over...

Adahn

https://twitter.com/TIKIPODltd/status/508265840446541824/photo/1

Rock Boshers DX is getting a native Vita version. I got it for free during the PSMobile giveaway and I thought it was cool for the bits I played it, but never got around to seriously playing it. If this native version is not too expensive I'll get it

This is great news - I loved the PSM version, right down to the Spectrum loading screen. I even let it screech at me for the whole 'loading' time to bring back some memories :D I hope it manages to pick up a wider audience once it goes native.

hongcha

Good. The Vita is probably one of the weirdest systems ever... there's so many batshit insane Japanese games on the thing, and they're actually being released in the US. I have no idea how. I hope the system remains viable in the States for long enough that we can actually see some of the games in the OP localized.

The userbase is small, but they buy a lot of games, so the platform has been profitable for smaller publishers. I've bought more Vita games than PS3 and 3DS games combined over the past year, for example.

incpdo

Man this list is so much improved from the one I saw weeks ago. Amazing work! I'm really excited for a bunch of games. There is a lot of genres and vita is transforming little by little in an excellent holder of niche Japanese RPGs or 2d retro inspire games. I guess is a good time to be a vita owner. Please let's hope we can add gravity rush 2 to the list. And this will be my favorite portable console ever.

It's probably lost in QA hell forever like Munch's Oddysee

I wonder when the Vita version of New N Tasty will come out. Don't Starve finally came out, so that puts my mind at ease a bit, but still...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The userbase is small, but they buy a lot of games, so the platform has been profitable for smaller publishers. I've bought more Vita games than PS3 and 3DS games combined over the past year, for example.

I guess. It's just a little amazing to me that this system that Sony tried so hard to market as being a portable console experience ended up being a device that instead has games like Danganronpa as a highlight. And I'm really glad it did.

Takao

Banned
I guess. It's just a little amazing to me that this system that Sony tried so hard to market as being a portable console experience ended up being a device that instead has games like Danganronpa as a highlight. And I'm really glad it did.

One could argue that Sony's biggest failure with Vita was trying to make it PlayStation 3: Portable and not PSP2.

Top Bottom