• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Rezae

This thread is convincing me to repurchase a Vita (original broke a few months back) before getting a PS4. Thread of the forever.

Shinriji

Just popping in to post this new little video of Forget-Me-Not Vita: http://vine.co/v/OuQLqZY6amp .. some kind of dark aquatic level. It's coming along nicely :) (I know blurry 6 second vine loops aren't the best but it's not really worth making a proper video yet...gonna have to buy some capture hardware when the time comes...)

Can't wait to finally play Binding of Isaac - I mostly just play games on consoles these days so haven't checked out the original.. it's looking awesome!

Looks amazing.

Faustek

I always get pleasantly surprised when I visit this thread and see all the new games :)

Today is not an exception, Great Work Fady and co :)

Fady K

Ahh nothing like a Fady K update to start the morning. Something about the way you make your posts just gets me so hyped for what is coming! November 4th definitely makes me suspect a PS+ launch for Binding of Isaac, which would be absolutely awesome, though I would've payed full price day one for it. Just seems like an absolutely perfect fit for my vita, it will likely draw me in harder than Spelunky did.

I'm humbled by your words v1perz53, THANK YOU :) The honest truth is I look at what's coming out for the Vita for the near future and feel like there are games for everybody here to enjoy; I share the need to know info along with any exciting bits on top of it :) I suspect Binding of Isaac will be free for us Plus users as well, can't complain about that ^^ The fact that we got a brand new game as good as Velocity 2X for free is insane enough ;D

Just popping in to post this new little video of Forget-Me-Not Vita: http://vine.co/v/OuQLqZY6amp .. some kind of dark aquatic level. It's coming along nicely :) (I know blurry 6 second vine loops aren't the best but it's not really worth making a proper video yet...gonna have to buy some capture hardware when the time comes...)

Can't wait to finally play Binding of Isaac - I mostly just play games on consoles these days so haven't checked out the original.. it's looking awesome!

Keep up the good work nyarla! When do you hope to release it?

Binding of Isaac sure looks different! The good news for us gamers who missed out on previous releases for this game is that we get plenty of new content in this version :D

Any updates on Papers Please?

No updates yet SolidChamp, but at least we now it is officially coming to the Vita. Like most Vita releases, don't rule out a sudden release date. Look at Frozen Synapse Tactics for instance, most of us have been waiting for the "Fall 2014" release date to be more specific and then suddenly we have a release date announced 3 weeks before release.

https://twitter.com/TIKIPODltd/status/508265840446541824/photo/1

Rock Boshers DX is getting a native Vita version. I got it for free during the PSMobile giveaway and I thought it was cool for the bits I played it, but never got around to seriously playing it. If this native version is not too expensive I'll get it

Good catch VLiberty! Never heard of this one yet. Adding it up to the list.

omg I so want Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

I hope it comes to US

Hopefully bro! Thing is with SEGA, we can never be too sure >_<

They did release the Hatsune Mike games though, so here's hoping!

We crossed 250 yet?

Last I checked we were over 230! We are getting close :)

Man, this thread is still going?

Good. The Vita is probably one of the weirdest systems ever... there's so many batshit insane Japanese games on the thing, and they're actually being released in the US. I have no idea how. I hope the system remains viable in the States for long enough that we can actually see some of the games in the OP localized.

Though no matter how well the thing does, I suppose Sega will never bring Phantasy Star Nova over...

As long as the Vita gets content for it, this thread should keep going :D It's not just the Japanese games anymore, nowadays there's a boatload of western games that are made for it from smaller developers, it's nuts. Like you, I hope the system remains this way if not better! At this rate I'm still wondering when SEGA will bring over Phantasy Star Online 2 to the west, let alone the Vita >_<

The userbase is small, but they buy a lot of games, so the platform has been profitable for smaller publishers. I've bought more Vita games than PS3 and 3DS games combined over the past year, for example.

For every 3DS game I buy I pick up an average of 3-4 Vita games myself. And looking at the future of the 3DS, there is very little I want at the moment (even on the new 3DS, I'd rather play Xenoblade on my Wii) compared to over 50 games that I want for the Vita.

As long as more titles for the vita keep coming, I'll be a happy camper

:) Stay tuned, every new game will get mentioned here with updates :)

Man this list is so much improved from the one I saw weeks ago. Amazing work! I'm really excited for a bunch of games. There is a lot of genres and vita is transforming little by little in an excellent holder of niche Japanese RPGs or 2d retro inspire games. I guess is a good time to be a vita owner. Please let's hope we can add gravity rush 2 to the list. And this will be my favorite portable console ever.

Thank you so much for the kind words incpdo :) You were among the first to witness the birth of this thread! I hope TGS will be kind to Vita owners and will include Gravity Rush 2 as well!

That's unfortunate. I wonder what's the hold up.

It's probably lost in QA hell forever like Munch's Oddysee

I wonder when the Vita version of New N Tasty will come out. Don't Starve finally came out, so that puts my mind at ease a bit, but still...

New N Tasty is moving along fine as far as I know, the dev is finalizing the game for the Vita and PS3 alongside the WiiU and Xbox One versions based on the info on their twitter feed.

This Thread is perfection, thanks for all the work you put into it, Fady K.

Thank you so much delSai, words like yours inspire and motivate! Plenty of thanks to the many users on this thread that helped make the thread better and added games to the list. Stay tuned as i'll make sure to not let this thread miss out on a single game or piece of info that is most interesting :)

This thread is convincing me to repurchase a Vita (original broke a few months back) before getting a PS4. Thread of the forever.

Thanks a LOT for your kind words Rezae, hope you keep enjoying this thread as there is plenty more to come :) Go for it if you like and anytime you need Vita recommendations let us know :)

I always get pleasantly surprised when I visit this thread and see all the new games :)

Today is not an exception, Great Work Fady and co :)

Just image since I started this thread we went from just over 150 games and are now almost at 240 :)!

Thanks a lot for your kind words, and thanks a lot for visiting this thread from time to time, hope it continues to entertain!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I got a 64 card

is there anyway I can copy the contents of my 32 card to it or do I have to redownload everything?
Copy everything from your 32GB card to your computer using the Content Manager with the USB cable or wifi, then you copy it back to your 64GB card.

Pieoneer

Neo Member
So... I am new to this thread and just got a Vita this May. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I bought "the swapper" on a whim the other month and it was surprisingly great. they packed a lot more story in it than I thought was possible. worth a look guys!

content manager assistant said PS Vita disconnected,
I go check the Vita, it is stuck on the first app saying 802 minutes left,
I select cancel

now the vita is forever stuck on a rotating circle saying "Wait..."

I really wish that Sony did not suck at software design...

any way to get out of my Vita being stuck in "Wait..."?

Novocaine

I got a 64 card

is there anyway I can copy the contents of my 32 card to it or do I have to redownload everything?

X2NFclO.gif

Yeah you can transfer it. But it's awfully slow, at least for me. It's almost quicker to re-download everything. That way at least you can queue it and leave it.

content manager assistant said PS Vita disconnected,
I go check the Vita, it is stuck on the first app saying 802 minutes left,
I select cancel

now the vita is forever stuck on a rotating circle saying "Wait..."

I really wish that Sony did not suck at software design...

any way to get out of my Vita being stuck in "Wait..."?

Sometimes it will just linger on some stuff, and say more or less time than it actually is.

wazoo

Queston about the content manager.

Can I backup from one pc to another, the backup games, or no ?

I want to change the PC I used the content manager, but I would like to avoid to redownload everything

VLiberty

Hey guys, is there any chance of Shovel Knight coming to Vita? Any rumor about it?

I think that, even though they kind of "trolled" Vita, they will do it. They'll be leaving money on the table if they won't.

I've planned on getting it on 3DS once it's on sale, but I'd rather play it with dat dpad than with 3ds' analog nub...

I think that, even though they kind of "trolled" Vita, they will do it. They'll be leaving money on the table if they won't.

I've planned on getting it on 3DS once it's on sale, but I'd rather play it with dat dpad than with 3ds' analog nub...

Er, the 3DS has a dpad as well... or is this a jab at its positioning?

Bluenova

Neo Member
Amazing list thanks for posting. But also, few of those appeal to me currently based only on screen shots. Hope to see more videos on many of them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It is. I can't use it, I had to play NSMB2 and every other sidescroller game with the analog nub, which isn't great at all for sidescroller games.

Yeah, it annoys me that they're not doing anything about the d-pad's placement for the n3DS either, because the 3DS has unquestionably the most horrible, hand-cramping piece of shit design I've ever seen.

On-topic: I nearly bought Toukiden yesterday, but then I realized there's the revised version coming out. I hope we get some sort of announcement on that soon.

Which also reminds me I never bought SS Delta...

VLiberty

Yeah, it annoys me that they're not doing anything about the d-pad's placement for the n3DS either, because the 3DS has unquestionably the most horrible, hand-cramping piece of shit design I've ever seen.

The only good solution is to get rid of the clamshell design. I know I'm in the minority, but the next N handheld must not have: 3d, clamshell design and dual screen.

I agree. Personally I pretty much just want the next Nintendo handheld to be a better version of the Vita.

Yes, besides that, I want Nintendo to figure out how to deal with indies, and to revise their online store/account system entirely.

I'm excited about the successor to the 3DS. But I still hope that someone steps up and offers Nintendo valid competition.

Fady K

So... I am new to this thread and just got a Vita this May. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I bought "the swapper" on a whim the other month and it was surprisingly great. they packed a lot more story in it than I thought was possible. worth a look guys!

Welcome to the thread Pieoneer, congrats on your Vita and great taste: the Swapper looks phenomenal :)!

Amazing list thanks for posting. But also, few of those appeal to me currently based only on screen shots. Hope to see more videos on many of them.

Thanks for the kind words Bluenova :) I try to get a decent shot of a game which usually includes gameplay, if you were interested in any game in particular let us know and we'll share a cool trailer for it :)

This thread is awesome. Just made me aware of Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX, may have to preorder.

Glad you're liking it Snkfanatic :) There's plenty more to see on the list as well as upcoming content to share. Enjoy :)

On-topic: I nearly bought Toukiden yesterday, but then I realized there's the revised version coming out. I hope we get some sort of announcement on that soon.

Which also reminds me I never bought SS Delta...

Koei Tecmo games are usually kind when it comes to localizations, here's hoping!

As for SS Delta, it is a great, great game. Highly recommended.

binding of isaac rebirth finally got a release date :')

Less than 2 months to go :)

most goof indies are on the vita, i am confident on shovel knight

I'd be very, very surprised if Yacht Club games did not port Shovel Knight to the Vita.

redcrayon

Looks like RE Revelations 2 is heading for the Vita. Interesting seeing as the first one didn't due to technical differences between the portables. Presumably this is the work on the HD version of RE: R paying off for the Vita.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Looks like RE Revelations 2 is heading for the Vita. Interesting seeing as the first one didn't due to technical differences between the portables. Presumably this is the work on the HD version of RE: R paying off for the Vita.

Are you basing this on the mistake Capcom made on their site earlier? Lol. It's not coming to Vita. Be cool if it did though. Well we have remote play regardless.

I would be very surprised if RE:R2 comes to the Vita. I don't think Capcom have supported it at all, have they?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I would be very surprised if RE:R2 comes to the Vita. I don't think Capcom have supported it at all, have they?

Well they released UMvC3 and SFxT on it. And....erm...

Stop what? Remote play is awesome. It'll be a great way to play the game in handheld form. I've already resigned to the fact that big console titles will only be on the Vita in the form of remote play. It would be nice to have dedicated Vita versions but you take what you can get.

Imouto

Banned
At some point, people will have to replace the "You got a Vita" gif with an "You got a remote play machine".

Don't give them any more idea. It's already like an eSport to troll the Vita already. If there is trophy for that, I believe a lot will platinum it in just a week at most.

Fady K

This is basically the Destiny week. Other than that, it is a dead week for all systems as far as I know (best not to compete with Destiny's launch IMO!).

On the bright side, Vita gamers in NA will get to play Mega Man X5 on their Vitas tonight ^^

By the way guys here are the top 10 selling Vita games (digitally) for the month of August in NA regions:

(Personally surprised that Sword Art Online made it to #1 as it is quite expensive. Rogue Legacy is a worthy seller at #4! Happy for Phantom Breaker making the list! On a final note, cool to see Akiba's Trip getting some love as it is quite different IMO.

1 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
2 God of War: Collection PS Vita
3 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
4 Rogue Legacy
5 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster
6 The Sly Collection PS Vita
7 Soul Sacrifice Delta
8 AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
9 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND PS Vita
10 PHANTOM BREAKER: BATTLE GROUNDS

Oh I wish redcrayon :( Likely a typo indeed on Capcom's part. I personally think Capcom are among the bigger offenders on the Vita, no support whatsoever in ages.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
At some point, people will have to replace the "You got a Vita" gif with an "You got a remote play machine".

Well let me ask you this. Do you expect AAA games on Vita anymore? What the hell is so damn wrong about liking remote play? We're not fucking getting dedicated Vita versions of AAA games. Deal with it. I deal with it by accepting it and enjoy the fact I still get to play those kind of games in handheld form in the form of remote play. You play the cards you're dealt. We still have plenty of actual Vita titles to look forward to on the indie scene, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment looking forward to Vita versions of big AAA titles that will never come. I choose to take the glass half full approach and enjoy the shit out of remote play for those games.

Imouto

Banned
Well let me ask you this. Do you expect AAA games on Vita anymore? What the hell is so damn wrong about liking remote play?

There is nothing wrong with liking remote play. It's just a problem of "stop beating the dead horse" since it gave ignorant people the perception of Vita has no game and the only thing worthwhile is using it as a remote play device. There are actually people who believe that because of the "Remote play" joke has been going on for a while.

Also, it's kinda annoying just like how some people came into console game thread and saying the only good thing about console is they don't have to bother with configuration while PC gaming can enjoy the true AAA games at highest setting. I think you'll understand if you read all those 60fps thread.

Top Bottom