• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Wazzy

Banned
This OP is awesome. I have a ton of games I now want because of this. I'll need to start looking for a 64 GB memory card.

v1perz53

Interesting. But I never saw this store before. Is it trustable? Does it accept paypal?

Not sure about paypal, but myself and many people in this thread have successfully ordered from SuperUFO without any issues and gotten their 64 GB card in a reasonably timely fashion.

Disco Pixel’s Jungle Rumble announced for Vita. Rhythm game with monkeys~ Originally released on iOS earlier this year, the Vita version will have more content.

15015157987_06900fc114_z.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ction-game-jungle-rumble-coming-soon-ps-vita/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzguC_YS9Q

Also Tikipod's Aqua Kitty DX is headed over as a native Vita game. Aqua Kitty was a launch game for PlayStation Mobile back in 2012. Guessing it'll have some new content (along with trophies etc.)

aquakitty700.jpg

http://thevitalounge.net/aqua-kitty-dx-takes-the-plunge-on-ps-vita/

Quick google search turned up... whatever this is. (Not vita footage):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwZxAPxSVM

Whoa, dat trailer.

wilflare

Disco Pixel’s Jungle Rumble announced for Vita. Rhythm game with monkeys~ Originally released on iOS earlier this year, the Vita version will have more content.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ction-game-jungle-rumble-coming-soon-ps-vita/

Also Tikipod's Aqua Kitty DX is headed over as a native Vita game. Aqua Kitty was a launch game for PlayStation Mobile back in 2012. Guessing it'll have some new content (along with trophies etc.)

aquakitty700.jpg

Whoa, dat trailer.

YES to that Native game port from PSM :D

Smokey

I just got a Borderlands 2 Vita bundle...I know there are games listed in the OP...but can someone give me a few starter titles? It's kind of overwhelming for a new owner when you factor in PS One classics, PS+ etc

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also cross-posting from the other thread, but The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us have now both been confirmed for retail releases on Vita (in America).

Too bad they'll have the shit hitching issues Walking Dead season 1 had. Reason why I haven't even bothered to buy Season 2 of the Walking Dead. When lines are playing out 10 seconds after they were supposed to in a scene shift, it's no good attempting to even read the subtitles or hear the line because the next line is already playing.

Arthos

I just got a Borderlands 2 Vita bundle...I know there are games listed in the OP...but can someone give me a few starter titles? It's kind of overwhelming for a new owner when you factor in PS One classics, PS+ etc

Danganronpa, Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice Delta, and Tearaway.

Arthos

I haven't played the other two yet. What makes Tearaway so good? I've heard it mentioned many times.

It's just incredibly charming and makes good use of the Vita's features. It's all about using your imagination. The platforming was pretty well done IMO, the game looks amazing on the Vita screen, and the story itself is nice. It'll be hard to not smile. ^^

It's all about "fun."

incpdo

Yep, I'm digging this trend of actual quality PSM games getting re-released as native titles.

Also cross-posting from the other thread, but The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us have now both been confirmed for retail releases on Vita (in America).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129775436&postcount=12
I'm soooo buying this . I was waiting till this releases. I'm gonna buy both for sure and that horror platform is day one for me. Is that coming as a PSM title?
Edit. It seems is a native vita title and the year is 2015 for release

*SEGA is working on an a "theatrical online RPG" for the Vita called The World End Eclipse, the game's story has a theme of "survival" and fuses fantasy with military elements. The producer of the PS3 strategy cult classic Valkyria Chronicles is working on this game. The character designer is the guy that worked on Ys Seven and the Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash. The music will be composed by a personal favorite of mine, Hitoshi Sakimoto (Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics + XII, Gradius V, Valkyria Chronicles.)

I certainly did miss this news

OmegaDL50

Of those 150 games, I wonder how many of them will be compatible with the Vita TV.

I am considering picking up a Playstation Vita TV in October only to be able to play certain titles it has on a big screen.

Oboro Muramasa, Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 4 Revisted, and PSP titles like Dissidia, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, Ys 7, Class of Heroes 2, Metal Slug Anthology, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, etc.

The only thing I wish would be implemented is a disclaimer when loading games that are supposedly incompatible with the Vita TV, rather then being out right being unable to load.

Something like

"This game may have functions that may not run properly on the Playstation TV, Are you sure you want to load this software?"

Yes or No prompt

If they did this then even games with minimal touch support or games like Disgaea 3 Vita re-release could work on the Vita TV.

That kind of solution would be infinitely more preferable then straight up refusing the game from being able to load.

Fady K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNffSbRLzI

PlayStation Japan YT posted The Unfinished Swan trailer saying it's PS4-Vita. I don't know if it's just another mistake/trolling, but in the past there were some evidences about TUS coming on Vita

Interesting...this is the closest it has come to an official confirmation thus far (in a way this seems like an official confirmation itself). I may likely end up adding it to the list sooner than later :)

To be honest, I wouldnt want Vita versions of AAA titles at all. I want Vita exclusive titles whether they are new titles period or sequels to older games.

Imo Vita would've been better for japanese style horizontal shoot em ups. Nice wide screen for plenty of space.

I agree with Teknoman; i'd prefer more Vita-exclusive content whenever possible, plus horizontal shoot em ups need to be made more on the Vita.

So, are there any indie games that are either exclusive to or best on the Vita? If something's available on a console or the PC, I'd rather play it there, but if there's something cool that I can only get on the Vita, I'm interested.

There is indeed a Vita game coming out very soon (in 2 days!) that is exclusive and looks like a must play: it is called Murasaki Baby. Check it out :D

This thread is awesome. I check it daily, at least. A constant reminder (as if I needed one) of the awesome, weird, unique games coming to Vita.

I'm really glad you're loving it :) I hope you enjoy today's upcoming update; nothing huge but a modest update with news and all :)

Fady K, it'd be nice if you could remove the games released a month ago or over. I'd suggest removing all August games altogether, but at least you could remove the early-August ones.

Hmmm...I'll think about it. The reason is that this way we can have an accessible library of recently-released titles for new Vita owners. What I could do for now is change the order: I'll start with new and upcoming releases and leave the recent releases at the bottom of the pile. How does that sound?

What about us Europeans. :( Still waiting for Akiba over here.

Another reason why I prefer to keep recently released titles in the US/EU regions there, in case another region didn't get it yet and the fans here can keep track of titles they have yet to receive in their region.

Psh. Kyoko is best waifu.

I'm working on Persona 3 atm, once that's done I'll get to Danganronpa 2. The first game was incredible.

And I still need to new game+ Persona 4 golden.

How is Persona 3 Ahzrei? I'm thinking of playing Persona 3 FES on PS2 and then go for Persona 3 Portable on Vita (PSP) so I can play through all the major content of the game.

Shizuka makes the thread fun haha

and Fady K keeps it going!!

go on my son!!!!!!

Many thanks to you @Wreck, you rock :) I'll update the thread shortly today :)

Murasaki Baby releasing on EU PSN 17th September

Presumably that means 16th for our friends over the pond. That's really soon; I've got a crazy backlog but will definitely be getting this too.

Easily one of the best looking Vita games this year. I really hope this delivers!

Interesting! Good catch VLiberty, expecting an announcement on it soon.

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/510273380130770944

Never heard of this before. "Horror platformer" sure is weird lol

Another interesting catch. Horror platformer indeed sounds weird, but I don't mind as I'm a horror game nut (funny enough I can't bear with horror movies much at all).

This OP is awesome. I have a ton of games I now want because of this. I'll need to start looking for a 64 GB memory card.

Thanks for the kind words Wazzy :) Stay tuned for constant updates in this thread :)

aquakitty700.jpg

Whoa, dat trailer.

Infernal Monkey you rock! Missed out on the Aqua Kitty DX info, adding it up thanks to you :)!

Yep, I'm digging this trend of actual quality PSM games getting re-released as native titles.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129775436&postcount=12

RETAIL releases? Now that I did not expect. Great news :)

Anything recent on Drifter? The idea of a portable Privateer is exciting to think about. Last word I heard was from the PS Blog back in April, which gave us the trailer.

No updates yet as of May I believe, but like with most Vita games (Frozen Synapse a recent example), don't be surprised if we get a sudden nearby release date :D

I certainly did miss this news

I hope it's deep enough and I'm more hopeful it'll come out in English

Ahzrei

Banned
How is Persona 3 Ahzrei? I'm thinking of playing Persona 3 FES on PS2 and then go for Persona 3 Portable on Vita (PSP) so I can play through all the major content of the game.

I'm on Persona 3 Portable if that makes a difference.
It's frustrating. There's a lot of greatness wrapped up in too much tedium. A lot of the social links are locked behind a social stat grind, and I'm not even sure there are social links for some important characters. I feel like the dungeon portion of the game is longer than it needs to be. The story is interesting enough to keep me playing. It would probably be an amazing game if it had better pacing.

In a vacuum I'd probably say it's pretty good. Comparing it to Persona 4 it's just nowhere near as good in my opinion.

Zalman

What makes Tearaway so good? I've heard it mentioned many times.
It uses all the Vita's features in ways you can't imagine. Just a very creative game all around that deserves to be recognized for its inventiveness. A must play for every Vita owner.

Ahzrei

Banned
It's just incredibly charming and makes good use of the Vita's features. It's all about using your imagination. The platforming was pretty well done IMO, the game looks amazing on the Vita screen, and the story itself is nice. It'll be hard to not smile. ^^

It's all about "fun."

It uses all the Vita's features in ways you can't imagine. Just a very creative game all around that deserves to be recognized for its inventiveness. A must play for every Vita owner.

Alright, alright. *Grumble*. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks guys.

Imouto

Banned
jxu5ECn.jpg

Here's 1 more to add to the list. Mystery Gensokyo 3 (不思議の幻想郷3) is coming to Vita in spring 2015. It's a Touhou rougelike fangame made by Aqua Style. The screenshot above is from the PC version.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/40176092.html

Consider one of those never leave Japan. It's actually a very well made game, though. Along with Touhou Gensou Maroku (or is it Soujinenji? I can't recognize from the short trailer) and Gensou Shoujo are my 3 most anticipated games. 2 of them were show to appear on the Vita already. Hopefully they will release a retail package so I can import.

Fady K

Happy Tuesday all of you :)! Sorry for my longer than usual absence, had some extra work to go through! Here's your latest update :)

*One of the BEST looking Vita games comes out tonight (NA, tomorrow EU) in the form of Murasaki Baby! Be sure to check this one out. Check out this gameplay trailer. Also, here is a nice video of the game's cool studio, Ovosonico.
Zpyki97.gif

*An interesting looking game has been announced for the Vita by the name of Klaus, a puzzle platformer that is set for 2015. Here is a teaser trailer. Here's a cool tidbit: "Klaus is in development by Venezuelan indie studio La Cosa Entertainment, who won the Excellence Award for Klaus as part of the Square Enix Latin American Contest in 2012." (Thanks to pocketgamer.co.uk)
Eo6ge42.jpg

*For those of you who FINISHED BOTH Dangranronpa 1 and 2, feel free to watch this trailer for the upcoming Danganronpa: Another Episode

*Arguably the best PSM game Aqua Kitty is getting a native version called Aqua Kitty DX (thanks to Infernal Monkey), and apparently it is getting a release date very soon.
aEhubRn.jpg

*Here is a new interview with Sony about the Vita. A must read for Vita fans who are interested in Sony's current vision for the Vita. Basically: Vita is important, AAA exclusive games (like Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted: Golden Abyss) don't sell well on the system and there won't be more of these AAA games (unfortunate IMO), they will continue to support it with many titles. More in the link.

*Publisher Wolfgame is bringing Amon26's horror platformer Gyossait (Thanks to VLiberty for mentioning it here!) to the Vita in 2015. It looks pretty gruesome! It came out as a free to play PC game a few years ago but it is looking like this one will be getting new content.
DEhDIVr.png

*LittleBigPlanet fans who missed the amazing Vita version take note, LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita Marvel Super Hero Edition is coming out on retail (in Europe at least) this November (19th). The game contains all the Marvel DLC (there are PLENTY of them).
15019306350_313ddafc7d_n.jpg

15019306980_a0e23f8914.jpg

15019407617_8f87763de7.jpg

*Speaking of retail, both Telltale series The Walking Dead season two and The Wolf Among Us season one are getting retail releases on the Vita this fall (thanks to Infernal Monkey :D)
51OjRkooVnL.jpg

*A mobile game is coming to the Vita apparently, in the form of a Kemco RPG called Grinsia (thanks Vliberty!)
R7xHXvj.png

*Another game coming out tonight is Run Like Hell. This was a free to play mobile game that was really cool, a really fun endless runner. Take a look at the trailer.
run-like-hell-09-700x393.jpg

*A new Vita game got announced, a rhythm game called Jungle Rumble: Freedom, Happiness & Bananas (Thanks to Infernal Monkey for sharing this news here!) Here is a preview which also details the new content for the Vita version!
dbrxFae.jpg

*Another Vita game coming out (thanks to incpdo for the info) is a strange looking game called Miniflake
FlakeShadows.gif

*IGN has posted a new preview for one of the biggest Vita games of this year: Freedom Wars.

*For those interested in strategy games, you likely won't want to miss Frozen Synapse Prime (reminder: comes out Sep 23rd). Here is new video detailing combat in the game.
15197981851_b67545ce4a_z.jpg

*A new Japanese Vita game has been announced called Sengoku Hime 5, a turn-based strategy/visual novel game.
0GyycQG.jpg

*Another Japanese game coming out for the Vita - Mystery Gensokyo 3 (thanks to Mao2)!
3Ncsiei.jpg

I'm on Persona 3 Portable if that makes a difference.
It's frustrating. There's a lot of greatness wrapped up in too much tedium. A lot of the social links are locked behind a social stat grind, and I'm not even sure there are social links for some important characters. I feel like the dungeon portion of the game is longer than it needs to be. The story is interesting enough to keep me playing. It would probably be an amazing game if it had better pacing.

In a vacuum I'd probably say it's pretty good. Comparing it to Persona 4 it's just nowhere near as good in my opinion.

I think one of the main problems you are experiencing Persona 3 Portable in that manner is due to playing Persona 4 first; I heard that one is by far the best ^^ Note that the PS2 game Persona 3 FES has a lot of content on it that is not on P3P in case you wanted to give it another whirl. Also in Persona 3 FES you get to physically move around in the school areas and such.

Here's hoping Persona 5 will be the best one yet :)

I feel like this is *the* Vita game every owner has to get.

So many games...!

Looks like im going to have to upgrade my 32gb to a 64gb.

So many games indeed :) Let's see if TGS will help grow that list :D

Alright, alright. *Grumble*. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks guys.

You won't regret it Ahzrei :) Worst case scenario is: you'll find it interesting at worst.

Thanks OP! Just the thread I needed to get back into playing my Vita. Quite a few good looking games in that list.

You are most welcome mate :) There will be much more to come, so stay tuned :) This thread is also updated every few days: news, screens, trailers, release dates, announcements, you got it :)

jxu5ECn.jpg

Here's 1 more to add to the list. Mystery Gensokyo 3 (不思議の幻想郷3) is coming to Vita in spring 2015. It's a Touhou rougelike fangame made by Aqua Style. The screenshot above is from the PC version.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/40176092.html

Good catch mao2, thanks a lot for sharing. Adding it up to the list!

Hey OP did you know this game was coming to Vita?

Im talking about miniflake

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92983309/1410828945

FlakeShadows.gif

Miniflake? Had no idea! Would have never found this were it not for you incpdo, thanks mate :) Adding it to the list!

incpdo

Lets hope we can add bio hazard revelations 2 and gravity daze 2 after tgs. I'm happy to help you op as long as you maintain the awesome updates.

redcrayon

I don't blame you redcrayon. It is a silly (and very annoying) mistake on Capcom's part. I kinda find it hilarious that they'd pull of such a mistake after misspelling the first game (Resident Evil Revelaitons). It likely gave some Vita owners false hope over a game that I believe *should* work on the Vita.

Soooo....

Are we believing the new rumours about RE Revelaitons 2 or not yet? :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...mentions-resident-evil-revelations-2-for-vita

Fady K

Some updates for you guys:

*The makers of the amazing Steamworld Dig (go buy it now if you missed it ;D) are making their next game, SteamWorld Heist, and it is quite interesting! Give the teaser trailer a watch.
5AsOqoN.jpg

*A new Vita game has been announced by the name of The Sun and Moon that is set for release next year. It is a momentum based platformer. Have a look at the trailer !
ss_67cd4efbfa5200aa5d41b080e074ba800463eb12.600x338.jpg

*Gunslugs 2 may come to the Vita apparently! The first game is on the Vita ;) Here is a teaser trailer for the second game that was recently released

**New Releases**

Murasaki Baby (Exclusive to Vita)
Zpyki97.gif

Run Like Hell (Available on ios platforms as well)
JFNJcVT.jpg

Lets hope we can add bio hazard revelations 2 and gravity daze 2 after tgs. I'm happy to help you op as long as you maintain the awesome updates.

I would love it if we can add them ^^ I'm a huge resident evil fan myself so I'd be incredibly happy about that! We shall find out today I believe if that Vita post was an error or genuine.

Worry not, I'll work on providing these updates as long as the Vita exists :D, God willing.

Steamworld Heist(Vita+ other paltforms)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFNqTIVQMdU

Dungeon Travelers 2-2(Vita exclusive)
IQLiF8l.jpg

and the Yakuza 0 app(Vita only)

were announced.

Thanks as always 2+2+5 :) I'll add them both. Both games sound interesting. The Yakuza 0 app is just for playing the arcade games though right?

51vDGHEHg%2BL.jpg

'Tadeo Jones and the Lost Manuscript' coming to Vita (and PS4). Side-scrolling platformer with a few mini-games. This'll prooobably only be released in Spain like the first Tadeo Jones game.

(Always love seeing your enthusiasm with each update, Fady!)

I recall seeing stuff about the first one before, I wonder if it is possibly based on a Spanish-only show?

Thanks a lot Infernal Monkey :) Honestly guys like you who are friendly and welcoming make it worth the time and effort! I've been a fan of your posts for years btw, always loved your boxart posts :D!

Wolf Among us on the go, can not wait.

Vita deserves more adventure games. Here's hoping they grow in number and quality :)

Thanks for an awesome thread op, totally convinced me to finally get a vita. Now just have to sit back and wait for it to arrive!

You are most welcome notenoughscarabs, my pleasure :) Congrats on getting your new Vita and let us know when you need any help, game recommendations, etc. Have a great day :D

Soooo....

Are we believing the new rumours about RE Revelaitons 2 or not yet? :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...mentions-resident-evil-revelations-2-for-vita

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be true!!! Two mistakes on both Capcom and Sony's part would SUCK :(

Ahzrei

Banned
I think one of the main problems you are experiencing Persona 3 Portable in that manner is due to playing Persona 4 first; I heard that one is by far the best ^^ Note that the PS2 game Persona 3 FES has a lot of content on it that is not on P3P in case you wanted to give it another whirl. Also in Persona 3 FES you get to physically move around in the school areas and such.

Here's hoping Persona 5 will be the best one yet :)

You're probably right. It's a tough act to follow. Unfortunately I didn't come across the tip to play 3 first until I was almost done with 4. I'm going to move on now that I've finished P3P, too much else to do to play that one again imo.

FFX-HD is glorious, but they watermark all my screenshots x-x. Not a fan of that. Then it's either back to P4G or on to Danganronpa 2 if my heart can handle it. Unless PS+ throws something at me that sucks me in.

Fady K

Expecting this update to get drowned in TGS threads but here's your latest update fellow gamers :)

*Although we won't be getting a Vita version of Final Fantasy Type 0 HD, we are getting Final Fantasy Agito . Have a look at the trailer :D
zFUn9dJ.jpg

FFAgito-Plus-PSVita-Ann.jpg

*For you Phantasy Star fans out there, check out the new trailer for Phantasy Star Nova
PS-Nova-TGS14-PV-Init.jpg

*IGN has posted a new preview for Tales of Hearts R.
Here are some new screens (in English!):
Event1_KorObtainsSoma_en.jpg

MountVamellevent2.jpg

MountVamellbattle2.jpg

HighTowerbattle1.jpg

Animation4_KormeetsHisui_en.jpg

*Here is a new combat trailer for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (not the soon to release Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, this is the newer one)

*God Eater 2 Burst (which is now getting an anime adaptation) has a new trailer and will also have a collaboration of sorts with Soul Sacrifice

* Earth Defense Force V2 received a new trailer for the Vita :D

*A new Otome game from IdeaFactory called Code Realize is coming to the Vita.
BL1Aw9N.png

* Minecraft is still coming out for the Vita, with a TGS trailer shown (the one that was shown on Gamescom).

Want hearts R so much

I hope it does well! As you're a Tales fan I'm guessing did you know that the latest Tales of Zestiria (which is apparently looking AWESOME) is coming out in English next Summer - making it the fastest tales localization process ever.

By the way I posted a link to a new ToH preview up there, check it out :)

You're probably right. It's a tough act to follow. Unfortunately I didn't come across the tip to play 3 first until I was almost done with 4. I'm going to move on now that I've finished P3P, too much else to do to play that one again imo.

FFX-HD is glorious, but they watermark all my screenshots x-x. Not a fan of that. Then it's either back to P4G or on to Danganronpa 2 if my heart can handle it. Unless PS+ throws something at me that sucks me in.

I feel for you man, but at least you gave 3 a try after almost finishing 4 ;D And yeah - there is SO MUCH to play at the moment! You reminded me - I really need to start the Danganronpa games! At the moment I'm still finishing up the Corpse Party games on the PSP, so good!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks as always 2+2+5 :) I'll add them both. Both games sound interesting. The Yakuza 0 app is just for playing the arcade games though right?

If it's anything like the Yakuza Ishin app then it's way more than that, other than minigames the Yakuza Ishin app had all the dungeons and the moves, the weapons and the upgrades of the full game, in fact the point of the app was to transfer the progress to the full game.
The app alone is amazing, meatier and better than many full games, too bad that for going on you need to sync with the full game :\

some pics of mine:

Too bad that Sega doesn't make a full Yakuza game for Vita... :(

What kind of game is dungeon travelers 2-2

The artwork posted looks awesome. (I'm hoping it's a DRPG, those are some of my favorites.) hopefully it's not creepy and full of ... Well, you know what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom