• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Fady K

Now that the TGS storm is dying down a bit (plenty of great games on show!), I figured i'll gather up any news for this thread that was potentially missed ;D

*My personal Vita highlight of the last few days is the announcement of Project Scissors - a spiritual sequel to the Clock Tower games (which every 20+ year old horror gaming fan likely knew and loved I hope :D) The Clock Tower games are incredible horror games where the emphasis is on exploring scary areas that fit in well with the narrative while hiding and running away from a very evil force, to put it lightly. The best news is that the director of the original Clock Tower games is on the director's seat for this one and the art department is being led by, get this, the dude who worked on and created much of Silent Hill 2's art (including the infamous Pyramid Head). This announcement was a dream for me as a Vita owner. Also, the developer (Nudemaker, based in Japan, developer of the DS RPG Infinity Space most recently) posted a press release about the game in English so here's hoping it will get an English release ^^
VF9qT2a.jpg

*One of the biggest updates IMO is the announcement of the online RPG Zodiac (thanks Kallisto76!) coming from Scottish studio Kobojo. The game looks stunning, with beautiful and colorful 2D graphics. The game is being composed by one of the very best composers of our time, Hitoshi Sakimoto of Vargant Story and Valkyria Chronicles fame. The game is being written by a common name in the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, Kazushige Nojima. The game is due to come out next year. Have a look at the trailer.
l9DAPEy.jpg

1411129652-zodiac-poster.jpg

x360-s4y.jpg

*The 2 person team at Colombia-based Glitchy Pixel is working on a charming horror-themed puzzle game for the Vita by the name of Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror , where your main objective is to use your powers to scare off people living in haunted areas. The game is coming out rather soon, this October :)
TnpSXQo.jpg

*Publishers Curve Studios, with their extremely impressive Vita portfolio of The Swapper, Lone Survivor and Stealth Inc, are bringing their next game, Nova 111 (Thanks Infernal Monkey!) to the Vita as well. In the words of Curve Studios themselves, Nova 111 is "a sci-fi themed adventure game that cleverly combines turn-based gameplay with real-time action, forcing players to utilize both real-time decisions and turn-based strategy to fight enemies and solve puzzles." The game itself is developed by Funktronic and will be a cross buy title in 2015 with the PS4 version.
41LXqz5.jpg

* Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus will be coming out on October 14th (Thanks Imouto!) Pick up your copy early so you can get the "Let's Get Physical" limited edition which contains a 144 page art book and strategy guide, a 39+ track soundtrack and a shiny foil collector's box ^^ Thanks Xseed!
15268008561_93513dc26a_z.jpg

*Hyperdimension Neptunia fans, good news: Compile Heart has officially announced Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century for the Vita. This is a remake of the third game, with added scenes in the opening as well as a new scenario after the end of the original game. The menus, interface and battle system have been updated as well.
671cFrA.jpg

Rebirth-3-Ann-Neptunia-Init.jpg

*Remember the upcoming game from the producer of Valkyria Chronicles, The World End Eclipse ? Here is a new trailer for it.
SEGA2.jpg

the_world_end_eclipse_playstation_vita_1410512984_004.jpg-1864x1056.jpg

the_world_end_eclipse_playstation_vita_1410512984_005.jpg-1864x1056.jpg

*Delay update: Rhythm music game Persona 4 Dancing All Night has been delayed from Fall 2014 to 2015 in Japan, so this will very likely delay the western version as well.

*The next Vita game from Honeyslug, the developers of the recent charming game Hohokum and the free to play Warioware-like game Frobisher Says, is Super Exploding Zoo , which received a new preview at the PS Blog.
15083237570_8ae147774a_z.jpg

15246940246_651e521325_z.jpg

15269559102_20a07a36a2_z.jpg

*The Vita will be getting Inferno 2 , a neon-heavy twin stick shooter (the first part was on ios only I believe) from the developer Radiangames. Have a look at the trailer.
XfFPm57.png

*Release Date for Japan - Gundam Breaker 2 will be released on December 18th in Japan. Here is a new trailer.
GB2-Dated-JP.jpg

*Gamers in Europe, here is a look at the boxart for Tales of Hearts R in your region:
Bx1Cd6lIgAAzbcK.jpg

*Release Date for Japan - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth will be released in Japan on Spring 2015.
dmcs-600x340.jpg

*Release Date for Japan - Stranger of the Sword City will be coming out January 22.
Stranger-of-Sword-City-Vita-Dated-JP.jpg

If it's anything like the Yakuza Ishin app then it's way more than that, other than minigames the Yakuza Ishin app had all the dungeons and the moves, the weapons and the upgrades of the full game, in fact the point of the app was to transfer the progress to the full game.
The app alone is amazing, meatier and better than many full games, too bad that for going on you need to sync with the full game :\

some pics of mine:

Too bad that Sega doesn't make a full Yakuza game for Vita... :(

Thanks for sharing these 2+2+5. Not bad at all for an extra app. It not only sucks that SEGA aren't making a full blown Yakuza on the Vita like they did on the PSP, but like the latter, they are not bringing over many Yakuza games (Yakuza Ishiin, Yazkua PSP, Yakuza Kenzin (sp?), and worst of all for those who have been playing the Yakuza series in English, Yakuza 5 :/

There are some nice games on last page. Thanks for the update.

You are most welcome BomberMouse :) I hope you enjoy the update above as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YgLYSemeaU

I don't know what is this game aside from its name "Heroes of Inifinity", but I think I'll like it.

Interesting, from Q Games too? (Makers of Rez, Child of Eden, etc...)! I couldn't find any screens for it though for some reason.

is this a new announcement?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7ZFNik5TY

Thanks for sharing Kallisto76 ^^ Adding some details in the update.

I have not heard of those. Are they playable on Vita? Is it possible this list needs to get even larger?

I don't mind fanservice at all. I even find it amusing a lot of the time, I don't quite get why it bothers so many people. I will probably pick up Dungeon Travelers eventually, but it's pretty far down the list atm.

TGS is ruining whatever was left of my life outside of gaming for 2015. Not that much was lost.

I love this year =)

The Corpse Party games are excellently written horror games on the PSP that can be played on the Vita as well. They are localized by the fantastic Xseed Games. The first game, simply called Corpse Party, has an "2D RPG" feel with the movement but other than that it is a full adventure game. The second game, "Corpse Party: Book of Shadows" is more of a visual novel game with interactive elements, but they are both excellent and worth a shot if you don't mind a heavy dose of horror adventure :)

And you know what? The latest game is on the Vita :D It is called Corpse Party: Blood Drive but it has only been released in Japan recently, and we are now waiting for Xseed to make us happy by announcing an English version ^^

This is a dumb question but why does the PSN store list on my Vita not reflect this? It seems like my Top Sellers list hasn't changed since I got the Vita a few months ago; it's had Killzone at #1 for a long time!

Strange how Sony barely updates it, I wonder if they forgot about it completely :p

Finally a release date. Go grab that physical life and hometown, guys

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus coming out on Oct. 14 (NA) / Oct. 15 (EU)

Excellent news :D!

Infernal Monkey delivers again! Strange looking game, this one :) Adding it up to the endless list ^_^

The ghost puzzle game announced on the PS Blog sounds pretty cool. Coming October apparently. On mobile so I cant link right now.

Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror :D Looks cool!

Ahzrei

Banned
The Corpse Party games are excellently written horror games on the PSP that can be played on the Vita as well. They are localized by the fantastic Xseed Games. The first game, simply called Corpse Party, has an "2D RPG" feel with the movement but other than that it is a full adventure game. The second game, "Corpse Party: Book of Shadows" is more of a visual novel game with interactive elements, but they are both excellent and worth a shot if you don't mind a heavy dose of horror adventure :)

And you know what? The latest game is on the Vita :D It is called Corpse Party: Blood Drive but it has only been released in Japan recently, and we are now waiting for Xseed to make us happy by announcing an English version ^^
Ooh, that's wonderful. Is it important to play the other games in the series first, or would it be worthwhile to wait for the Vita game and start there?

Beautiful update. You have got to stop doing this to me (not really, don't ever stop <3).

Any opinions on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth series? I'm always down for more RPGS.

Any idea if Stranger of Sword City is likely to get an english version? I'm in love with that art.

Daouzin

*One of the biggest updates IMO is the announcement of the online RPG Zodiac (thanks Kallisto76!) coming from Scottish studio Kobojo. The game looks stunning, with beautiful and colorful 2D graphics. The game is being composed by one of the very best composers of our time, Hitoshi Sakimoto of Vargant Story and Valkyria Chronicles fame. The game is being written by a common name in the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, Kazushige Nojima. The game is due to come out next year. Have a look at the trailer.
l9DAPEy.jpg

1411129652-zodiac-poster.jpg

x360-s4y.jpg

Wow, Zodiac looks incredible, looking forward to that for sure.

Zodiac looks fantastic, definitely one to keep an eye on.

Also has anyone played the walking dead on vita ? Does it perform ok on the vita or is it worth getting on another platform ?

Zodiac looks fantastic, definitely one to keep an eye on.

Also has anyone played the walking dead on vita ? Does it perform ok on the vita or is it worth getting on another platform ?

I assume you're talking about season 1? The performance is mediocre at best. Better play it on another platform.

redcrayon

Nice work as always, Fady K!

So much stuff to look forward to. Natural Doctrine, Frozen Synapse, Binding of Isaac, Poltergeist: A pixelated horror, Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts is more than enough to see me through the rest of the year, and then it looks like the bulk of the games in this thread start to come to fruition in 2015.

Wow! Zodiac looks beautiful. I'm going to keep my eye open for that one.
I know IA/VT has only been announced for Japan, but does anyone know whats up with the delay? I think I read that it got pushed back to next year. I'm really looking forward to it.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Zodiac, Stranger of the Sword City: Black Palace and Project Scissors seem interesting enough. Might be interested in The World End Eclipse, too, but I have my doubts about that one.

Fady K

RPG fans in the thread, here is a new trailer for Rise of Mana
Rise-of-Mana-TGS14-PV.jpg

God dammit Fady - I think I'm heartbroken

Me too Moobabe, I totally feel you. First, we played very poorly 95% of the match for some reason. We were never really in it. Second, I can't believe we conceded at the end (bad defending, very bad) after being 1-0 up against 10 men. Lastly, Lampard :'(

Ooh, that's wonderful. Is it important to play the other games in the series first, or would it be worthwhile to wait for the Vita game and start there?

Beautiful update. You have got to stop doing this to me (not really, don't ever stop <3).

Any opinions on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth series? I'm always down for more RPGS.

Any idea if Stranger of Sword City is likely to get an english version? I'm in love with that art.

I would highly recommend you play the other games first, as they are very story heavy and I believe the Vita game directly continues the same storyline. I hope you end up loving it! It can be a bit disturbing and sick at times though.

Thanks for the kind words about my update ^^ Glad that you're enjoying them bro.

I haven't played the HDN RPGs however there is quite a following for it here on GAF. From what I know they can be fun though the story isn't anything special.

You have good taste in art, Stranger of Sword City does indeed have awesome art; if I hear anything I'll make sure to share it :)

Wow, Zodiac looks incredible, looking forward to that for sure.

Likewise! I just hope it isn't online only like some articles reported.

Nice work as always, Fady K!

So much stuff to look forward to. Natural Doctrine, Frozen Synapse, Binding of Isaac, Poltergeist: A pixelated horror, Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts is more than enough to see me through the rest of the year, and then it looks like the bulk of the games in this thread start to come to fruition in 2015.

Thank you very much redcrayon :) Always a pleasure!!

Yes, much to look forward to! This week alone gives us a new fighting game (Arcana Heart 3 Love Max), new football game (FIFA 15) and new strategy game (Frozen Synapse Prime). This year alone is loaded with releases, and don't forget that much of 2014's releases will come out of nowhere too ;D

Any release date for heroes of loot?

"The developer mentioned this on twitter recently: Last year, THIS DAY, I released Heroes of Loot.. now it's live on 10 platforms, and PS Vita is coming "

No release date yet, but this bodes well ;D

Xenoflare

Wait, is Zodiac a MMO or something? I'm sorry but I can't keep up with all these new infos.

The style strangely reminds me of Muramasa/Dragon's crown. I like it.

NolbertoS

Haven't kept up to date on the Asian region JRPGs. Gonna make a list of more PS vita games to import. Practically own almost every Western physical Vita release. Love me the Vita.

Imouto

Banned
Wait, is Zodiac a MMO or something? I'm sorry but I can't keep up with all these new infos.

The style strangely reminds me of Muramasa/Dragon's crown. I like it.

The dev said you can play offline, too. The online part is for other to join your party or something.

tahsutify

Aren't hickups a "feature" on every platform ?

The Vita was the worst though. I played the first two chapters on the PS3 and finished the game on the Vita and sometimes you diye because you can't shoot since the game is 5 FPS. It didn't bother me so much but seeing that some people complain about 55 FPS games, I guess it deserves a mention for any future players.

incpdo

oh man you put so much love in this thread n___n is so nice to be here seeing that the so Dead Vita still having loads of content left to give.

I didnt check my list , but is every game in my list in yours?

Vita TGS 2014 Announcements and updates(2.0)

Unity Pro license will be free for devs on PSM/PSN!

Project Phoenix (JRPG)
Zodiac (JRPG)
Chaos Rings 3: The Prequel Trilogy (JRPG)
Rise of Mana (JRPG)
Ys (JRPG)
SAO 3 (JRPG)
Tales of Hearts R (JRPG)
HD Neptunia Re: Birth 3 Victory (JRPG)
Luminous Arc (TJRPG)
Dungeon Travelers 2-2 (NSFW JRPG)
FF Agito plus (F2P-JRPG)
Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace (Dungeon JRPG)

God Eater 2 burst (Monhun simil)
Phantasy Star Nova (Monhun simil)

Earth Defense Force 2 Portable V2 (3rd p' Shooter)
Danganronpa: Another Episode (3rd p' Shooter)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (Fighting)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Hack n Slash)
Bokosuka Girls: TGC (Hack n Slash)
Senran Kagura Estival Vs (Hack n Slash)

New Way of the Samurai (Samurai sim)

Dramatical murder re:code (VisualNovel)
Code: Realize (VisualNovel)
Flowers (VisualNovel)
Captain Earth (VisualNovel)

Heroes of infinity (Dota Simil)

Touhou Fan Games (SHTMUP)

The sun and the moon (2d Platformer)

SteamWorld Heist (tbsg)

Clock Tower(Project Scissors) (Survival Horror)
RE: revelations 2(?) (Survival Horror)(neither confirmed, nor denied)
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror (Puzzle Game ala Polterguy) Not from TGS thou, i include it anyways
Nova 111 (Rouge like)

Anyway, keep the good work man!

incpdo

The Vita was the worst though. I played the first two chapters on the PS3 and finished the game on the Vita and sometimes you diye because you can't shoot since the game is 5 FPS. It didn't bother me so much but seeing that some people complain about 55 FPS games, I guess it deserves a mention for any future players.

mmm i guess you did not play the IOS version. Vita version is fine , it has some crappy moments but i have experienced those crappy moments on PC also.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
oh man you put so much love in this thread n___n is so nice to be here seeing that the so Dead Vita still having loads of content left to give.

I didnt check my list , but is every game in my list in yours?

Vita TGS 2014 Announcements and updates

Unity license will be free for devs on PSM!

Project Phoenix(Zodiac) (JRPG)
Chaos Rings 3: The Prequel Trilogy (JRPG)
Rise of Mana (JRPG)
Ys (JRPG)
SAO 3 (JRPG)
Tales of Hearts R (JRPG)
HD Neptunia Re: Birth 3 Victory (JRPG)
Luminous Arc (TJRPG)
Dungeon Travelers 2-2 (NSFW JRPG)
FF Agito plus (F2P-JRPG)
Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace (Dungeon JRPG)

God Eater 2 burst (Monhun simil)
Phantasy Star Nova (Monhun simil)

Earth Defense Force 2 Portable V2 (3rd p' Shooter)
Danganronpa: Another Episode (3rd p' Shooter)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (Fighting)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Hack n Slash)
Bokosuka Girls: TGC (Hack n Slash)
Senran Kagura Estival Vs (Hack n Slash)

New Way of the Samurai (Samurai sim)

Dramatical murder re:code (VisualNovel)
Code: Realize (VisualNovel)
Flowers (VisualNovel)
Captain Earth (VisualNovel)

Heroes of infinity (Dota Simil)

Touhou Fan Games (SHTMUP)

The sun and the moon (2d Platformer)

SteamWorld Heist (tbsg)

Clock Tower(Project Scissors) (Survival Horror)
RE: revelations 2(?) (Survival Horror)
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror (Survival Horror(?)) Not from TGS thou, i include it anyways

Nova III (puzzle game)

Anyway, keep the good work man!
Just 2 things:

Isn't Unity free for native Vita games now? It was already possible to convert Unity games to PSM games for free.
Aren't Project Phoenix and Zodiac different games?

EDIT:
other things:
Remove RE:R2, don't do this to yourselves and the those who read your post.

I think i missed Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror and Nova III, any image?

Ahzrei

Banned
I would highly recommend you play the other games first, as they are very story heavy and I believe the Vita game directly continues the same storyline. I hope you end up loving it! It can be a bit disturbing and sick at times though.

Thanks for the kind words about my update ^^ Glad that you're enjoying them bro.

I haven't played the HDN RPGs however there is quite a following for it here on GAF. From what I know they can be fun though the story isn't anything special.

You have good taste in art, Stranger of Sword City does indeed have awesome art; if I hear anything I'll make sure to share it :)

I'll do that that. I can't promise when I'll get to them though.

Thanks.

incpdo

Just 2 things:

Isn't Unity free for native Vita games now? It was already possible to convert Unity games to PSM games for free.
Aren't Project Phoenix and Zodiac different games?

EDIT:
other things:
Remove RE:R2, don't do this to yourselves and the those who read your post.

I think i missed Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror and Nova III, any image?

i posted this list in another thread and someone stated the same mistakes , Project Phoeniz and Zodiac are different games , it was my mistake. sorry guys.

Poltergeist and nova iii(curve) are : a puzzle game a rouge like. indie games . announced on the official NA Ps Blog at the same time TGS was going on in Japan.

Nova 111 is the real name it seems .

gaming-nova-111-screenshot-5.jpg

Poltergeist : a pixelated horror.

poltergeist-pixelated-horror-4.png

Seems like Bombing Bastards is coming to Vita too(Add it to the list Fady man!)

10459915_10152262900774862_5296908968852755392_n-700x393.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
i posted this list in another thread and someone stated the same mistakes , Project Phoeniz and Zodiac are different games , it was my mistake. sorry guys.

Poltergeist and nova iii(curve) are : a puzzle game a rouge like. indie games . announced on the official NA Ps Blog at the same time TGS was going on in Japan.

Nova 111 is the real name it seems .

gaming-nova-111-screenshot-5.jpg

Poltergeist : a pixelated horror.

poltergeist-pixelated-horror-4.png

Seems like Bombing Bastards is coming to Vita too(Add it to the list Fady man!)

10459915_10152262900774862_5296908968852755392_n-700x393.jpg
Thanks for the images :)

Zodiac,
Stranger of Sword City
Rise of Mana

Some awesome looking games coming out...

I want Tales of Hearts R in a physical edition. I live in the US.
Will this be happening?

Ahzrei

Banned
It looks to be Gamestop exclusive only. Which sucks, because I have been trying to avoid them.

If you want to stick it to them, buy new. Be prepared to tell them what you want several times and sign a form in triplicate before they will do it for you though.

At least that's how they make me feel. I love digital.

Although it's far from unplayable. I played through the entire first season with only a couple of frustrating hiccups, the rest were manageable.

mmm i guess you did not play the IOS version. Vita version is fine , it has some crappy moments but i have experienced those crappy moments on PC also.

Turns out i already had it on vita from ps + a while back, just never downloaded it so i decided i might as well give it a shot. i've played through the first two chapters and have only experienced the occasional hiccup so not as bad as i expected it to be :). It does jump a little at times but not enough to ruin the experience.

hongcha

What is on everyone's Vita shopping list for the rest of the year (retail games only)? This is what I've preordered so far:

USA
Natural Doctrine (Sept 30)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Oct 14)
Freedom Wars (Oct 28)
Tales of Hearts R (Nov 11)

JAPAN
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II (Sept 25)
Dungeon Travelers 2 (Sept 25)
Ar nosurge Plus (Oct 2)
Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy (Oct 16)
Oedo Blacksmith (Nov 27)
Phantasy Star Nova (Nov 27)

So many great games, and 2015 is looking great as well!

maouvin

What is on everyone's Vita shopping list for the rest of the year (retail games only)?

To my surprise, not much!

- Shinovi Versus (Oct 14);
- Freedom Wars (Oct 28);
- Tales of the Borderlands (fall).

And probably DR2 too. My wallet feels nice at the size of this list.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
What is on everyone's Vita shopping list for the rest of the year (retail games only)?

So many great games, and 2015 is looking great as well!

Freedom Wars for sure. I'll probably get Dynasty Warriors 8 XL as well as it's starting to drop into a favorable price range. I don't really have any other games plans for this year. Natural Doctrine looks good, but I don't think I'll get it on release.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
My US Vita has been relegated to PS+ and remote play, but on the other side:

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II (Sept 25)
Dungeon Travelers 2 (Sept 25)
Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode (Sept 25)
Ar nosurge Plus (Oct 2)
Phantasy Star Nova (Nov 27)
Nisekoi Yomeiri (Nov 27)
Don't usually buy this kind of game but it's the only way I'm going to get a conclusion to the story (&#12541;´&#969;`)

Also considering picking up the Dekamori Senran Kagura physical version when that comes out.

For next year I've got Dungeon Travelers 2-2, Stranger of Sword City, Kurogane Kaikitan, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Luminous Arc 3, and KanColle Kai on the radar.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Why limit it to retail games? You guys aren't gonna like this, but I'm gonna have to go with zero. I'm not in to many Japanese games at all, so for me the Vita library from now on is all about the indies. But the good news is that there's a lot of those I'm looking forward to.

v1perz53

Eugh retail? Nothing, my Vita is the digital only dream. Honestly after vita, I would be hard pressed to buy more than a single retail game per handheld system again (one retail game to leave in the slot at all times). Too convenient to be able to swap games on the fly, and my ADD is too severe to limit myself in what I can play. I love boxes to display on my shelf as much as the next guy (I just printed out a bunch of custom labels for custom boxes for my GB/GBC/GBA collection) but portability and convenience factor of digital wins for me every time with vita games.

But on topic, I agree with pretty much every US game you listed:
-Freedom Wars
-Natural Doctrine
-Tales of Hearts R
-Shinovi Versus

I feel like I'm forgetting another one, but I would have to consult my extensive vita wishlist when I get home.

You guys aren't gonna like this, but I'm gonna have to go with zero. I'm not in to many Japanese games at all, so for me the Vita library from now on is all about the indies. But the good news is that there's a lot of those I'm looking forward to.

I'm at the point where if an indie comes out on Vita I pretty much always buy it. So many indies I got for basically free on PC through humble bundle or steam sales I re-buy on Vita for full price because it is really such a better way for me to play them. I cannot wait for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Eugh retail? Nothing, my Vita is the digital only dream. Honestly after vita, I would be hard pressed to buy more than a single retail game per handheld system again (one retail game to leave in the slot at all times). Too convenient to be able to swap games on the fly, and my ADD is too severe to limit myself in what I can play. I love boxes to display on my shelf as much as the next guy (I just printed out a bunch of custom labels for custom boxes for my GB/GBC/GBA collection) but portability and convenience factor of digital wins for me every time with vita games.

But on topic, I agree with pretty much every US game you listed:
-Freedom Wars
-Natural Doctrine
-Tales of Hearts R
-Shinovi Versus

I feel like I'm forgetting another one, but I would have to consult my extensive vita wishlist when I get home.

I'm at the point where if an indie comes out on Vita I pretty much always buy it. So many indies I got for basically free on PC through humble bundle or steam sales I re-buy on Vita for full price because it is really such a better way for me to play them. I cannot wait for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
I don't even have a gaming PC so all these indies coming to the platform are completely new to me.

18-Volt

What is on everyone's Vita shopping list for the rest of the year (retail games only)? This is what I've preordered so far:

USA
Natural Doctrine (Sept 30)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Oct 14)
Freedom Wars (Oct 28)
Tales of Hearts R (Nov 11)

Add that list

Samurai Warriors 4
Hatsune Miku Project F 2nd
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
htol#niq: Flight of the Firefly

Well, they are digital only but all of them were released physically in Japan. I hope we'll see Phantasy Star Nova, God Eater 2 Burst, Tales of Innocence, Corpse Party Blood Drive, Ar Nosurge Plus, Stranger of Sword City next year. 2015 too will be year of Vita.

What is on everyone's Vita shopping list for the rest of the year (retail games only)? This is what I've preordered so far!

I've got Tales of Hearts R & Freedom Wars pre-ordered with Shopto. I'm going to pick up Soul Sacrifice Delta & Sword Art Online before the year is up.

And then, providing they still release this year - Hotline Miami 2 & Minecraft.

Any other purchases will depend on whether they're on offer (i.e. I picked up Sorcery Saga on offer recently) or whether there's any stealth releases of any indie games I want (i.e. Drifter looks amazing but I've no idea when it's scheduled for).

I hope we'll see Phantasy Star Nova, God Eater 2 Burst, Tales of Innocence, Corpse Party Blood Drive, Ar Nosurge Plus, Stranger of Sword City next year. 2015 too will be year of Vita.

If only.

I think Corpse Party has a shot (XSEED) and Ar NoSurge Plus has a shot (TKE have already mentioned it in a tweet). I also think DanganRonpa: Another Episode will come across courtesy of NISA.

Tales of Innocence will 100% depend on how Hearts does, and sadly I think it just won't perform that well.

PSN and GE2B seem like long-lost dreams at this point. I'd like to play them both.

Top Bottom