• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Puru

What kind of game is dungeon travelers 2-2

The artwork posted looks awesome. (I'm hoping it's a DRPG, those are some of my favorites.) hopefully it's not creepy and full of ... Well, you know what I'm talking about.

It's a dungeon crawler, you'll not like it if you have issue with that kind of fan service.

We need that Senran Kagura with males first. One step at a time.
But will that ever happen? And I don't know if I would be that into it if the guys shown in the April Fools joke would be what we're getting.

Only the muscular dude in the back was appealing. The others were all twigs, and some of them crossed the DNW line.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ya-
...Aww man....
Why are all the DRPG's filled with this lately?

:(

:( :( :(
It sells. DRPGs are already a niche genre so many either add nostalgia appeal (D&D style) or sex appeal to get that purchase

Recently the latter is far more prevalent than the former but if it's worth skipping a game to you, Stranger of Sword City is also coming out on Vita and may eventually get a localization

Getting it this weekend. LOVE Elminage!!

It sells. DRPGs are already a niche genre so many either add nostalgia appeal (D&D style) or sex appeal to get that purchase

Recently the latter is far more prevalent than the former but if it's worth skipping a game to you, Stranger of Sword City is also coming out on Vita and may eventually get a localization

I want that one and Tokyo New World Record also.

Not yet, Ghostlight is considering the PSP version of the game for release.
I would love it if this happened.

I guess I need to make my own DRPG. I can do all the art and music but I don't know how to program. Guess I should learn how.

KuroNeeko

Ya-
...Aww man....
Why are all the DRPG's filled with this lately?

:(

:( :( :(

To be fair, I played through the demo and , yes - there was some eye-rolling fanservice, but there was also what looks like a pretty solid DRPG underneath. I'm talking like, hardcore, old-school DRPG action. I'm playing through Demon Gaze now and while it's fun, it seems a lot more simple (not to be confused with easy.) DT plays more like a Wizardry.

So if you're bothered with panty flash and teenage fanservice, you should steer clear. The gameplay itself looks solid.

v1perz53

I just feel bad for people that have such an aversion to fanservice that they miss out on fantastic games otherwise like Demon Gaze. It was a really great DRPG that also had some fanservicey parts. I understand people disliking it, but I am glad I am able to ignore it enough to still play some games, because excellent gameplay is to be found in some of those titles.

At this point, it is almost like a game isn't allowed to come to vita in japan without at least a little sexual content.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, I played through the demo and , yes - there was some eye-rolling fanservice, but there was also what looks like a pretty solid DRPG underneath. I'm talking like, hardcore, old-school DRPG action. I'm playing through Demon Gaze now and while it's fun, it seems a lot more simple (not to be confused with easy.) DT plays more like a Wizardry.

So if you're bothered with panty flash and teenage fanservice, you should steer clear. The gameplay itself looks solid.
I feel the same about Demon Gaze. I liked DG but I felt like I was able to hit speed up/auto for nearly all of the non-boss battles once I had my party set up. DT2 really is fairly challenging and requires you to pay some attention to regular battles with boss battles being quite difficult. If you can overlook the fan service it's a very fun game.

isitstill

Hey OP did you know this game was coming to Vita?

Im talking about miniflake

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92983309/1410828945

FlakeShadows.gif

WOW! I was just popping in to try to find info on any upcoming roguelikes; this handheld generation is sorely lacking. Miniflake looks cool!

I can do the story and characters.

We may need to talk this over because I've always wanted to do it.

That's good to hear. I loved Demon Gaze as well, despite the few things in it that were O_O

I just feel bad for people that have such an aversion to fanservice that they miss out on fantastic games otherwise like Demon Gaze. It was a really great DRPG that also had some fanservicey parts. I understand people disliking it, but I am glad I am able to ignore it enough to still play some games, because excellent gameplay is to be found in some of those titles.

At this point, it is almost like a game isn't allowed to come to vita in japan without at least a little sexual content.

I do too. I guess something like Demon Gaze is the most I would be able to deal with. If it got much more than that it crosses a line and becomes something I don't want to invest time in.
Sexualized content isn't what makes it bad. The presentation and appeal to a certain type of creepiness is the turn off to me.

I guess if I knew how creepy Dungeon Travelers 2 was and I would be able to stack that against what I know I would put up with would help me decide if it was worth my time and money.

Anyone know if it is even on the table to get localized? I might be worrying over nothing with this title.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I guess if I knew how creepy Dungeon Travelers 2 was and I would be able to stack that against what I know I would put up with would help me decide if it was worth my time and money.
It's a fair bit more extreme than Demon Gaze, to the point where you aren't really able to safely do a google image search for the name of the game. In-game there seems to be a lot more time focused on humor and character development than on cliche fan service scenes, however.

It's a fair bit more extreme than Demon Gaze, to the point where you aren't really able to safely do a google image search for the name of the game. In-game there seems to be a lot more time focused on humor and character development than on cliche fan service scenes, however.

*Goes to google search*

"Oh."

"OH."

"OH!!"

"OHHHH!!"

:O :O :O

This image is awesome though...

So this used to be a PSP game, right? Did anyone else play the whole game before?

Demon Gaze is tame, it's like people never played a recent japanese game.

It's true, though I would also say in general non-adult games have been pushing the limit on ero-content in recent years.

Bullet girls is a fairly extreme recent example *NSFW* http://otakomu.jp/archives/144416.html

As long as I'm not having to rub pictures of the girls or whatever and the DRPG part of the game is actually fun to play, I can deal.

God damn, just saw that Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition for VITA is delayed.

Official Dennation Games Twitter account said that it has "lots of certification issues".

http://thevitalounge.net/certification-woes-for-duke-nukem-3d/

http://n4g.com/news/1588830/duke-nukem-vita-failed-certification

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...megaton-edition-vita-and-ps3-delayed-further/

I fucking want that game now!
I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I need this and Galak-Z something fierce.

Ahzrei

Banned
I feel for you man, but at least you gave 3 a try after almost finishing 4 ;D And yeah - there is SO MUCH to play at the moment! You reminded me - I really need to start the Danganronpa games! At the moment I'm still finishing up the Corpse Party games on the PSP, so good!

I have not heard of those. Are they playable on Vita? Is it possible this list needs to get even larger?

I don't mind fanservice at all. I even find it amusing a lot of the time, I don't quite get why it bothers so many people. I will probably pick up Dungeon Travelers eventually, but it's pretty far down the list atm.

TGS is ruining whatever was left of my life outside of gaming for 2015. Not that much was lost.

I love this year =)

If it's anything like the Yakuza Ishin app then it's way more than that, other than minigames the Yakuza Ishin app had all the dungeons and the moves, the weapons and the upgrades of the full game, in fact the point of the app was to transfer the progress to the full game.
The app alone is amazing, meatier and better than many full games, too bad that for going on you need to sync with the full game :\

some pics of mine:

Too bad that Sega doesn't make a full Yakuza game for Vita... :(

Is this still only playable if you have a Japanese account? I'd kill to play it but I can't be assed with the procedure to swap account regions on my Vita. I'd be great fun to grind the gambling stuff in my spare time. I'm working through the side stuff on the PS4 version at the moment and Koi Koi is making me lose the will to live!

I'd love a fully fledged Yakuza game on Vita. Or a "HD" collection of the Black Panther games.

But it has no hope in hell of coming to the west (or being released in English in Asia), so even if it did come I suppose I couldn't get too excited about it.

Prodigal

Banned
By the way guys here are the top 10 selling Vita games (digitally) for the month of August in NA regions:

list

This is a dumb question but why does the PSN store list on my Vita not reflect this? It seems like my Top Sellers list hasn't changed since I got the Vita a few months ago; it's had Killzone at #1 for a long time!

autoduelist

I want all those dungeon crawlers localized. Stranger of Sword City, Dungeon Travellers, etc... get over here and let me buy you.

At least Natural Doctrine will be in my hands soon (which isn't a dungeon crawler, but rather more of a srpg, but that works too).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is this still only playable if you have a Japanese account? I'd kill to play it but I can't be assed with the procedure to swap account regions on my Vita. I'd be great fun to grind the gambling stuff in my spare time. I'm working through the side stuff on the PS4 version at the moment and Koi Koi is making me lose the will to live!

Yes, sadly is playable only with a Japanese account.

is this a new announcement?

Final Fantasy scenario writer announces RPG Zodiac for PS Vita and iOS

A 2D persistent online RPG featuring turn-based battles.

Zodiac-Ann-PSV-iOS.jpg

Kazushige Nojima, who wrote the scenarios for several Final Fantasy games including VII, VIII, X, and the upcoming XV, and Hitoshi Sakimoto, best known for composing the scores for Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII, are working on a new PS Vita and iOS persistent online RPG called Zodiac.

Announced at the Tokyo Game Show, the 2D RPG is set in an ancient world once ruled by powerful gods. Players will explore an ancient prophecy and master the power of the 12 Zodiac Signs.

The game itself is being developed at the France-based Kobojo studio. Its director describes it as bringing together elements from Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, and Dragon’s Crown to create a “new online multiplayer experience.” That said, the game isn’t online-only. You can go at it solo if you’d like.

The battle system is turn-based and, much like the rest of the game, fuses together western and Japanese styles. Players can switch between classes—the aforementioned 12 Zodiac Signs—on the fly during battle.

Zodiac has been in development for a year and is due out in 2015. Kobojo is still debating on whether it will be a free-to-play or priced title, saying it depends largely on platform owners like Sony to approve. The game is built on the Unity engine, meaning it could also come to other platforms at some point in the future.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/09/final-fa...es-rpg-zodiac-ps-vita-ios#K2DeottgfGJRDfvV.99

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7ZFNik5TY

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Tempted just not sure if that Genre is for me. Wish it had a demo.

I wouldn't mind a demo either. I like the genre, but I'm not really into the fan service bit that Demon Gaze seems to have. If the game is really enjoyable it might be something I could overlook, but I prefer more serious alternatives.

Nova-111 announced for Vita by Funktronic Labs and Curve Studios.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/19/sci-fi-puzzle-adventure-nova-111-coming-soon-ps4-ps-vita/

Nova-111 is a sci-fi themed adventure game that cleverly combines turn-based gameplay with real-time action, forcing players to utilise both real time decisions and turn-based strategy to fight enemies and solve puzzles.

The combination of two very different methods of interacting with the world creates a game that allows for that sense of urgency you get from real-time games while providing the depth of strategy and methodical combat decisions you might typically associate with turn-based titles.

Designed by Funktronic Labs, the game has already been making a name for itself in the indie scene, having been selected for PAX 10, the Indie MEGABOOTH and Indiecade. The guys over at Funktronic are no strangers to PlayStation either – the head of the Studio, Eddie Lee, also worked on the popular PixelJunk series of games for PlayStation 3.

Nova-111 will be a Cross-Buy title, and will be heading to PlayStation Store in early 2015.

15099109399_0c4eb0810b_b.jpg

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually more opposed to rubbing because I don't want to get fingerprints on my Vita's screen than the concept of it itself. One of the only reasons I've had no interest in picking up the monpiece/monero games.

v1perz53

I'm actually more opposed to rubbing because I don't want to get fingerprints on my Vita's screen than the concept of it itself. One of the only reasons I've had no interest in picking up the monpiece/monero games.

Hah I know what you mean. I was so excited when I learned you could open the vita lock screen without swiping at all (just tap and hold one finger on top right of screen then tap bottom left and it will open). Two fingerprints on the corners > big smudge across my screen.

Takao

Banned
This is a dumb question but why does the PSN store list on my Vita not reflect this? It seems like my Top Sellers list hasn't changed since I got the Vita a few months ago; it's had Killzone at #1 for a long time!

It's been the same since February. I guess SCEA doesn't care.

Top Bottom