• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If only.

I think Corpse Party has a shot (XSEED) and Ar NoSurge Plus has a shot (TKE have already mentioned it in a tweet). I also think DanganRonpa: Another Episode will come across courtesy of NISA.

Tales of Innocence will 100% depend on how Hearts does, and sadly I think it just won't perform that well.

PSN and GE2B seem like long-lost dreams at this point. I'd like to play them both.
GE2RB is actually far more likely now that there's a PS4 version. There is no market for that game on PS4 in Japan so I can't see them not localizing it. Vita (at least digital) version would be a stone's throw away.

autoduelist

What is on everyone's Vita shopping list for the rest of the year (retail games only)? This is what I've preordered so far:

Only Natural Doctrine and Freedom Wars, but I generally buy tons of indies/psn games rather than retail releases. More budget friendly, and generally better suited to my tastes. If I could afford it, I'd be buying most though.

18-Volt

Tales of Innocence will 100% depend on how Hearts does, and sadly I think it just won't perform that well.

PSN and GE2B seem like long-lost dreams at this point. I'd like to play them both.

Tales of Hearts R is getting localized because of huge fan demand. Of course it's going to sell enough. Tales of Innocence as well as Tales of the world: Reve Unitia are pretty much locked.

God Eater 2 Burst is already announced for localization for Asia in English. Same situation with SAO, rest of the world will get it with Asian English translation and digital only.

PSN has actually has a shot. It's a big project, very expensive to make. SEGA won't take any chances and release it worldwide for max profits. They did this before. It's not like PSO2, it's not F2P and there are no server costs.

Real long lost dream on that list is Stranger of Sword City. 5pb published the game in Japan and they're not known to release their games overseas. All of the western publishers, Atlus, XSEED, Aksys, NISA are pretty busy right now, they'll probably skip this one.

Looks like Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is coming to Vita in November. Bit of a sudden announcement, and there's no word yet if it'll get a physical release or just digital.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-on-playstation-tv-on-day-one-this-october-2/

jake-finnatrest.jpg
at3_05272014_15.jpg

finnpillowmint2.jpg
flambo.jpg

v1perz53

Cross-posting from the PSN thread, here is a choice quote from that Adventure Time game blog post:

John Koller said:
In addition, I’m pleased to announce that Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom from Little Orbit will also be available in November for PS TV (as well as PS Vita).

Ouch, Vita already playing second fiddle to PS TV!

Ahzrei

Banned
I will probably end up getting a PSTV at some point.

I really hope you're wrong about Stranger of Sword City. But if not, I am in the middle of learning to read Japanese so I guess I'll have something to look forward to.

Fady K

Wishing everyone here a beautiful day ahead :) Here are some updates for all of you :D

*Upcoming SEGA RPG Phantasy Star Nova will contain crossovers from Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean.
ps_nova1.jpg

ps_nova2.jpg

*A very, very small update for Minecraft on the Vita, but hey, it's an update nevertheless ;) It recently received an ESRB rating so it should be coming sooner than later.

*Thanks to Infernal Monkey, who broke the news here that Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom will be coming to the Vita :D
uSsP61s.jpg

* Natural Doctrine , the new strategy RPG from Kadokawa Games and the publishers of the Disgaea games, NIS America, has gotten a very glowing review from RPGamer, one of the better RPG-reviewing sites. They gave it a 4.0 out of 5. Gamespot on the other hand gave it a 4 out of ten .
Natural%20Doctrine1.jpg

*RPG fans, upcoming Vita RPG from Marvelous Luminous Arc Infinity , a lot of new details have been shared, great article up on RPG Fan.
LuminousArc-1.jpg

The dev said you can play offline, too. The online part is for other to join your party or something.

That is awesome news! Thanks for the info.

Wait, is Zodiac a MMO or something? I'm sorry but I can't keep up with all these new infos.

The style strangely reminds me of Muramasa/Dragon's crown. I like it.

Glad to hear that it isn't an MMO or online-only :D The style is indeed awesome, attracted me to the game immediately.

Haven't kept up to date on the Asian region JRPGs. Gonna make a list of more PS vita games to import. Practically own almost every Western physical Vita release. Love me the Vita.

Plenty to love about indeed, always nice to see a Vita owner who enjoys and appreciates the huge library ^^

oh man you put so much love in this thread n___n is so nice to be here seeing that the so Dead Vita still having loads of content left to give.

I didnt check my list , but is every game in my list in yours?

Vita TGS 2014 Announcements and updates(2.0)

Unity Pro license will be free for devs on PSM/PSN!

Project Phoenix (JRPG)
Zodiac (JRPG)
Chaos Rings 3: The Prequel Trilogy (JRPG)
Rise of Mana (JRPG)
Ys (JRPG)
SAO 3 (JRPG)
Tales of Hearts R (JRPG)
HD Neptunia Re: Birth 3 Victory (JRPG)
Luminous Arc (TJRPG)
Dungeon Travelers 2-2 (NSFW JRPG)
FF Agito plus (F2P-JRPG)
Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace (Dungeon JRPG)

God Eater 2 burst (Monhun simil)
Phantasy Star Nova (Monhun simil)

Earth Defense Force 2 Portable V2 (3rd p' Shooter)
Danganronpa: Another Episode (3rd p' Shooter)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (Fighting)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Hack n Slash)
Bokosuka Girls: TGC (Hack n Slash)
Senran Kagura Estival Vs (Hack n Slash)

New Way of the Samurai (Samurai sim)

Dramatical murder re:code (VisualNovel)
Code: Realize (VisualNovel)
Flowers (VisualNovel)
Captain Earth (VisualNovel)

Heroes of infinity (Dota Simil)

Touhou Fan Games (SHTMUP)

The sun and the moon (2d Platformer)

SteamWorld Heist (tbsg)

Clock Tower(Project Scissors) (Survival Horror)
RE: revelations 2(?) (Survival Horror)(neither confirmed, nor denied)
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror (Puzzle Game ala Polterguy) Not from TGS thou, i include it anyways
Nova 111 (Rouge like)

Anyway, keep the good work man!

Thanks a lot for your kind words bro, and thanks for contributing as well!! I have all the games on your list save for Flowers and Heroes of Infinity (do you happen to have any images for those?)

Remove RE:R2, don't do this to yourselves and the those who read your post.

The fact that RE:R2 did not confirmed for the Vita on TGS kills any hopes I had :[

I'll do that that. I can't promise when I'll get to them though.

Thanks.

As they are not that cheap, maybe you can wait for a good sale :) Not sure if there is a bundle for them at the moment. I hope you get to enjoy them someday when you're in the mood for some scary storytelling :)

i posted this list in another thread and someone stated the same mistakes , Project Phoeniz and Zodiac are different games , it was my mistake. sorry guys.
Seems like Bombing Bastards is coming to Vita too(Add it to the list Fady man!)

10459915_10152262900774862_5296908968852755392_n-700x393.jpg

No need to be sorry man ;) You always try to help :D

Thanks for sharing the info on Bombing Bastards! Had no idea it was coming. Added :)

Mana looks decent for a recent Mana game. I grew up with the SNES/SFC games, but didn't really like anything after that though, so the new game is definitely observed wearing my scepticles
-O-O-.

The last few games they localized in the mana series weren't anything special at all :[ Secret of Mana 4 (called Dawn of Mana) turned out to be such a dud. There was one for the GBA and one for the DS that was localized and they were average IMO. The best ones were likely the original that you remember (Secret of Mana) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (which never came out in English officially). Hopefully this one is good!

There is a lot of great-looking games coming for the PS Vita.

So true, and we keep adding new games to the list every week nowadays :) Stay tuned for all upcoming announcements and updates.

frozen synapse is coming out tomorrow right? im quite excited.

It sure is ;)

If I don't care for ports or visual novel style rpg's, what would you guys suggest for me on Vita?

When you say ports do you also mean indie games? In that case are you looking for full-Vita exclusives only that don't include visual novels?

Looks like Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is coming to Vita in November. Bit of a sudden announcement, and there's no word yet if it'll get a physical release or just digital.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-on-playstation-tv-on-day-one-this-october-2/

Thanks again Infernal Monkey :) This came out of nowhere indeed. wonder if WayForward is developing this.

Omerta

Just wanted to drop in and give it up to the OP

This is a great thread that's getting me to spend way more money than my wife is comfortable with.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Fady K

Just wanted to drop in and give it up to the OP

This is a great thread that's getting me to spend way more money than my wife is comfortable with.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks for the kind words Omerta, like I always say, such words only help motivate :)

As a married man, here's a tip I'd like to share when you face such a situation: many games on the Vita get great sales (and become free on PS+ eventually), so if you're ever on a tight situation, pick up games on sale instead till your situation picks up ;D

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Add that list

Samurai Warriors 4
Hatsune Miku Project F 2nd
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
htol#niq: Flight of the Firefly

I doubt this will be released this year. Probably spring 2015, but don't quote me on that :p.
I'm happy to see there's an interest in the game though!

I have the Japanese version, but I'm probably going to buy the US/EU versions of this game as well to show my support. Probably a futile effort though, but hoping for the best.

is it coming to n.a?

The game has apparently been trademarked in Europe, so that could be an indication that it's heading west, but who knows? With the exception of Seiken Densetsu 3, S-E has released all console Mana games stateside, so since it's also heading for Vita I'd say there's a chance it might?

Me to S-E:
so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance_zps743fe87d.gif

The last few games they localized in the mana series weren't anything special at all :[ Secret of Mana 4 (called Dawn of Mana) turned out to be such a dud. There was one for the GBA and one for the DS that was localized and they were average IMO. The best ones were likely the original that you remember (Secret of Mana) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (which never came out in English officially). Hopefully this one is good!

Yeah, they seriously blew it with the Mana series. You can see the series gradually getting worse after the first Mana game (SD2).

SD3 was great, but it didn't have a 3-player option. I hear you can remedy this with a patch though (don't forget you have to own the original game, kids), so it's not a big deal.

Legend of Mana had a 2-player option, and the graphics/music were awesome, but player 2 was a slave. My main gripe with it is that every battle screen is a square-shaped arena with up to 3 monsters in it. There's literally no variation to this concept. I know there's a defense force on neogaf for this game with the prerequisite that you finish the game and unlock hard mode though, so I have to try that sometime. I've gotten very far into the game, but I seem to always lose my way and get bored with it.

After that I kind of lost interest in the series. I've never had the pleasure of trying Dawn of Mana, but from what I've heard it's not very good. Children of Mana seemed promising at least.

I think what makes me sceptical about the new game is that it doesn't really have the look of a Mana game, but on the other hand the combat looks pretty fun, so I'm hoping it's at least an ok game.

Tales of Hearts R is getting localized because of huge fan demand. Of course it's going to sell enough. Tales of Innocence as well as Tales of the world: Reve Unitia are pretty much locked.

God Eater 2 Burst is already announced for localization for Asia in English. Same situation with SAO, rest of the world will get it with Asian English translation and digital only.

PSN has actually has a shot. It's a big project, very expensive to make. SEGA won't take any chances and release it worldwide for max profits. They did this before. It's not like PSO2, it's not F2P and there are no server costs.

Real long lost dream on that list is Stranger of Sword City. 5pb published the game in Japan and they're not known to release their games overseas. All of the western publishers, Atlus, XSEED, Aksys, NISA are pretty busy right now, they'll probably skip this one.

I really don't think that just because internet demand was big for Hearts R that it automatically means it's going to sell well. We've already seen a huge sales drop off between Xillia 1 -> Xillia 2. I'm hopeful that the fact that it's subbed is going to mean they'll have to target lower sales anyway, but still - I'm not hopeful about the game.

Is the Asian version of GE2B getting an English sub? Didn't know that, fair enough then.

And I just don't see SEGA translating any text heavy games these days. They skip every Yakuza release. They skip Shining. I don't see why PSN would be any difference - especially given the Vita's anemic userbase in the west.

NISA are the only ones I can see taking a tumble on Stranger of Sword City, and I don't think Demon Gaze sold particularly well in the west. Then again, shipment numbers don't make a lot of sense for the game (I think it's 200k worldwide, of which only about ~ 100k are sold-through in Japan).

I really do hope I'm wrong about all this. I love my Vita; I love Japanese games and would really love all four of these in the west (Innocence R and Phantasy Star would be day 1 purchases for me). But I'm just not all that hopeful. I think NISA/XSEED/Aksys will keep soldiering on with the niche stuff but I have less faith in the bigger pubs.

If they do come across, though, then all the better for me!

Fady K

Any word on a release date for PAPERS PLEASE??

Desperately want this game for my Vita.

No info yet my friend. However, like most Vita release dates, it will likely be announced a few weeks prior to the actual release date.

Yeah, they seriously blew it with the Mana series. You can see the series gradually getting worse after the first Mana game (SD2).

SD3 was great, but it didn't have a 3-player option. I hear you can remedy this with a patch though (don't forget you have to own the original game, kids), so it's not a big deal.

Legend of Mana had a 2-player option, and the graphics/music were awesome, but player 2 was a slave. My main gripe with it is that every battle screen is a square-shaped arena with up to 3 monsters in it. There's literally no variation to this concept. I know there's a defense force on neogaf for this game with the prerequisite that you finish the game and unlock hard mode though, so I have to try that sometime. I've gotten very far into the game, but I seem to always lose my way and get bored with it.

After that I kind of lost interest in the series. I've never had the pleasure of trying Dawn of Mana, but from what I've heard it's not very good. Children of Mana seemed promising at least.

I think what makes me sceptical about the new game is that it doesn't really have the look of a Mana game, but on the other hand the combat looks pretty fun, so I'm hoping it's at least an ok game.

Agreed. A 3 player option by default would have been great for SD3. All in all, I love the co-op feature in Secret of Mana and hope to see such a feature utilized more in RPGs :D

I recall Legend of Mana's beautiful watercolor art-graphics and lovely melodies; never got to play it much. I was very surprised by how much Square-Enix screwed up Dawn of Mana, because it *looked* great at first!

I agree, it does look a bit different and I'm worried by the quality of the overall game and design since it is a "free to play" game (or will it be different for the Vita version?).

Imouto

Banned
Just a head up, Way of the Samurai for PS3 and Vita will be different. PS3 version is Ukiyo no Shishi (憂世ノ志士) and Vita version is Ukiyo no Roushi (憂世ノ浪士).

cZ2JVLu.jpg

Just a head up, Way of the Samurai for PS3 and Vita will be different. PS3 version is Ukiyo no Shishi (憂世ノ志士) and Vita version is Ukiyo no Roushi (憂世ノ浪士).

I hope this doesn't mean the Vita version is just a Yakuza Ishin-esque companion app.

XSEED were pretty good about bringing Way of the Samurai across. Wonder what chance this stands.

Fady K

Hope you guys are having a great day :) Here are some updates for you:

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Frozen Synapse Prime (Check out this new trailer for tips in the game) - Exclusive to Vita (Different than the PC version, this version is exclusive)
FRlUQDS.jpg

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max (Sony Console Exclusive)
oOK73S6.png

FIFA 15
nhQY3WX.jpg

COMING NEXT WEEK!

Natural Doctrine (Sony Console Exclusive)
Nat-Doct_12-02.jpg

Invizimals: The Alliance (Exclusive)
6N5M9Ch.jpg

*LOCALIZATION update :D - Koei Tecmo will be localizing Toukiden Kimawi for the Vita! Awesome news. The first Toukiden was quite good!! The game is set for early 2015 (a year that is looking pretty good for the Vita already :D)
Toukiden-Kyoku_Fami-shot_04-03-14_002.jpg

Toukiden-Kiwami-02.jpg

Toukiden-Kiwami-Imihayahi-03.jpg

toukiden-kiwami-s03.jpg

*Japanese doujin developer is bringing its 3D adventure RPG Miko Gakkou Monogatari: Kaede Episode to the Vita (in English). Here is a trailer for the game.
uizdKAB.png

*Here is a new trailer for Square Enix's upcoming RPG Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy for the Vita (hitting Japan this October).
Chaos-Rings-3-Theme-Song-PV.jpg

*For the Gundam fans in here, Gematsu has posted some new info on Gundam Breaker 2 . Check it out.
GB2-Fami_09-24-14.jpg

cZ2JVLu.jpg

Awesome, thanks for sharing Imouto. I'm waiting for some good screens to come out that we can share.

Yazuka

Was Chaos Rings 3 getting an English release? And I'm sorry to ask it here. But where is the cheapest place to get a bigger memory card?

baekshi

Banned
Was Chaos Rings 3 getting an English release? And I'm sorry to ask it here. But where is the cheapest place to get a bigger memory card?
At superufo.com its around 85 after shipping for 64gb .
At amazon you can find it for around $90 with prime

Kickz

Is it my work pc or are most images in OP not showing up?

Other than that very pleased with upcoming games. Anyone want to point out any upcoming Final Fantasy Tactic style games like Disgeae 4 that I should look out for?

18-Volt

And I just don't see SEGA translating any text heavy games these days. They skip every Yakuza release. They skip Shining. I don't see why PSN would be any difference - especially given the Vita's anemic userbase in the west.

I don't think PSN being "text heavy" won't be a problem for Sega, since they're already localizing the game to Chinese. Most of the local Asian game releases also include English language option if they get a Chinese language release. Plus Sega's overseas release calendar empty, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce PSN localization one of these days.

baekshi

Banned
I don't think PSN being "text heavy" won't be a problem for Sega, since they're already localizing the game to Chinese. Most of the local Asian game releases also include English language option if they get a Chinese language release. Plus Sega's overseas release calendar empty, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce PSN localization one of these days.

What, no way. Most of time It's just Chinese or Chinese/ Korean. If there's a english release, want to save cost, they'll put all in one.

Fady K

*New Vita game: Shu is coming to the Vita courtesy of Coatsink Software. It is a 2.5D platformer where you play as hand drawn characters ^^ (The game is inspired by Klonoa and Oddworld)
15138081880_256d257355_z.jpg

15324471972_30fa2371a4_z.jpg

*Here are some new images of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth , developed by Media Vision (makers of the Wild Arms and Chaos Rings games).
DSCS-Site_09-25_001-600x340.jpg

DSCS-Site_09-25_002.jpg

DSCS-Site_09-25_003.jpg

*Here's a new trailer for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 from Omega Force, creators of the Dynasty Warriors games as well as Hyrule Warriors for the WiiU.
p2ynWiz.jpg

*Japan Release Date: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century will hit Japan on December 18 2014.
Neptunia-Re-Birth-3-JP-LE-Pre-Orders.jpg

Most of the local Asian game releases also include English language option if they get a Chinese language release.

Both Yakuza Zero and Shining Resonance got announced for Asian release in Chinese without any English language option. What games are you basing that statement on?

18-Volt

Both Yakuza Zero and Shining Resonance got announced for Asian release in Chinese without any English language option. What games are you basing that statement on?

Most of other Chinese language releases did have English as an option, or a standalone English version. If Sega releases these games in Chinese but not in English, that would be a really stupid move. But I can see them doing so, actually. We should wait and see.

Imouto

Banned
Most of other Chinese language releases did have English as an option, or a standalone English version. If Sega releases these games in Chinese but not in English, that would be a really stupid move. But I can see them doing so, actually. We should wait and see.

Pretty sure they will, since it's a normal thing to do. Did you miss the Sen no Kiseki II?

Takao

Banned
Miko is probably a PSMobile game. The two previous entries are available in English on the store. Bizarrely, it looks like they're all in different genres. The first is a traditional visual novel, while the second is a weird shmup thing.

I really wanted a 32 GB memory card, but it seems to be the worst priced of the bunch (with it going for more than $2 per GB). Meanwhile, I found a new 16 GB memory card for $18 on Ebay, so I guess I'll stick with that until I either see some mega sale or decide to buy a second one.

Fady K

Good day to you guys! Hope everyone's weekend went/is going well :D

Here are some updates from the last few days for you guys ;D

*The long awaited Minecraft: Vita Edition is almost upon us. It is going through final approvals with Sony.
BykGOndIIAEYSU3.jpg

*NEW VITA GAME: Moon Hunters is a 1-4 player "mythology" action RPG coming from developer Kitfox games to the Vita in late 2015. Check out this preview detailing the game from the developers themselves.
15333898325_1443fc4235_z.jpg

turkeys.gif

hightribes.gif

*NEW VITA GAME: OlliOlli, THE skateboarding game on the Vita is getting a sequel by the name of OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood in 2015. Check out this new preview and teaser trailer.
15137392219_78133b98cc_m.jpg

15324146615_125be477c4_z.jpg

15137432980_b7dba19e82_z.jpg

*RELEASE DATE UPDATE - Futuridium EP Deluxe will now be coming out in a couple of days :D Here is the launch trailer :] PS+ members in NA (possibly Europe?) to get a 20% discount on it. The game is cross buy as well! (Nice to see this becoming more common).
15147635487_99bb321a5b_z.jpg

*Those of you in Europe who plan to pick up Tales of Hearts R , you can go for the special edition called Soma Link Edition, which contains the following:
ByXT15MIQAAxuO2.jpg

* Whoa Dave (cross buy with PS4 edition) received a new preview on the Playstation Blog. It may hit as soon as sometime next month :D
15352285235_de44b10436_z.jpg

e3WBKQC.gif

15165531089_928008a7bf_z.jpg

Top Bottom