• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Fady K

Cool to see OlliOlli get a sequel and I can't wait on the Minecraft Vita version. Hope the port is good

Yes :) The OlliOlli sequel has a lot going for it. Minecraft's port should be great as it is from the same team who ported it to PS4/XB1.

Just a few things pulled from reddit that I haven't seen posted here (yet):

Outpost 13 coming to Vita according to Punkandlizard
http://punkandlizard.com/cantina-games-plan-bringing-outpost-13-to-ps-vita/

Spectra 8bit racing has a build in for Vita:
https://twitter.com/SpectraGame/status/515886803711426560

And Play Kiseki's game (which appears to have no name) is coming too:
https://twitter.com/PlayKiseki/status/515309342879281152

Oh wow! What a kickass find! Thanks a lot Kresnik :D Outpost 13 looks really cool :0!! I'll add these up.

Omerta

I'm very interested in Moon Hunters... Could be the ARPG I've been waiting for.

Some people won't like the fact that it's a short form games but that's cool with me... I'm time-poor enough as it is!

I'm really impressed with Murasaki Baby. Its a short game but I enjoyed every minute of it. Its a nice looking, creepy puzzle game that had some interesting gimmicks (manipulating the environment via the back touch screen was a really nice touch).

I'm really looking forward to Ollie Ollie 2. I played the first game pretty much to death on the Vita, I managed to do everything bar the hidden packages (which I need to get) and the "all tricks" trophy which I was just too lazy to get! Like Velocity 2K its good to see it get a simultaneous PS4 release as well but I know I'll probably spent 90% of my time on the Vita version! Its one of those games that is perfect for portable play.

Ahzrei

Banned
I'm very interested in Moon Hunters... Could be the ARPG I've been waiting for.

Some people won't like the fact that it's a short form games but that's cool with me... I'm time-poor enough as it is!

I'm okay with short form games as long as the replay value is there. Or in cases like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I don't regret that purchase at all.

Fady K

Some more details for you guys based on the Vita-bound games spotted recently (SPECIAL thanks to kresnik258)!

*A new old school looking point & click adventure game called Outpost 13 is hitting the Vita. Check out the kickstarter page for many more details. The more adventure games, the better!
mvsqjef.jpg

*The game many of us thought was a new entry in the Way of the Samurai games, Ronin of Ukiyo has received an update from the developer Spike (makers of Danganronpa) that the PS Vita game will be a different game than the PS3 version altogether. Awesome. Here is a teaser trailer!
20140929_015052_thumb.png

Ukiyo-no-Roushi_2014_09-29-14_001.jpg_600.jpg

Ukiyo-no-Roushi_2014_09-29-14_002.jpg_600.jpg

Ukiyo-no-Roushi_2014_09-29-14_003.jpg_600.jpg

Ukiyo-no-Roushi_2014_09-29-14_004.jpg_600.jpg

*The retro style fast-paced racing game Spectra 8bit Racing will be coming to the Vita. Check out the website for plenty more info.
yDt7osg.jpg

*An untitled game from Play Kiseki is heading to the Vita, all we have so far is this screenshot:
UKQfXrV.jpg

*Some new screenshots from the upcoming (Japan-only so far) JRPG Ciel no Surge Offline:
cieloffline01.jpg

cieloffline05.jpg

cieloffline32.jpg

cieloffline07.jpg

cieloffline36.jpg

cieloffline41.jpg

cieloffline42.jpg

* Minecraft is edging closer to release on the Vita finally.

Whoa, Spectra 8Bit Racing looks (and sounds!) fantastic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4ZCviOfYs

It sure does :D!! Looks addictive!

I'm really impressed with Murasaki Baby. Its a short game but I enjoyed every minute of it. Its a nice looking, creepy puzzle game that had some interesting gimmicks (manipulating the environment via the back touch screen was a really nice touch).

I'm really looking forward to Ollie Ollie 2. I played the first game pretty much to death on the Vita, I managed to do everything bar the hidden packages (which I need to get) and the "all tricks" trophy which I was just too lazy to get! Like Velocity 2K its good to see it get a simultaneous PS4 release as well but I know I'll probably spent 90% of my time on the Vita version! Its one of those games that is perfect for portable play.

Murasaki Baby is one of my anticipated games to pick up once I finish up some of my Vita backlog. Possibly the coolest looking Vita exclusive in a while!

I'm okay with short form games as long as the replay value is there. Or in cases like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I don't regret that purchase at all.

Ah, Brothers is a game I can't wait to experience! I love story-heavy adventures!

Fady K

Gaffer Noogy (aka developer of the incredible looking Dust: An Elysian Tale, coming soon to PS4) expressed interest in making a Vita version if he had the chance. He specifically said: "No Vita announcement but I'd love to make it happen." Would be a beautiful fit for the Vita.

In other personal news, I have completed Corpse Party: Book of Shadows and I highly recommend to fans of horror stories. It is a visual novel with light gameplay elements, great voice acting, and all around great use of sound. The music is great, the art is great, the game is meaty (took me over 24 hours to beat it). The series is highly recommended (note that this is the sequel to the first game, Corpse Party, also on PSP but playable on the Vita).

Really hoping Xseed localize the new Vita game (looks soooo goood!!)

gfs_431571_2_13.jpg

gfs_431571_2_19.jpg

Bp52pfjCcAAbpvk.jpg

gfs_431571_2_7.jpg

gfs_431571_2_3.jpg

gfs_431571_2_20.jpg

ROWvISZ.jpg

tumblr_inline_n7c21z1pt81rvcs0q.jpg

0.jpg

Shizuka

In other personal news, I have completed Corpse Party: Book of Shadows and I highly recommend to fans of horror stories. It is a visual novel with light gameplay elements, great voice acting, and all around great use of sound. The music is great, the art is great, the game is meaty (took me over 24 hours to beat it). The series is highly recommended (note that this is the sequel to the first game, Corpse Party, also on PSP but playable on the Vita).

I'm sure XSEED will localize that game, probably getting released sometime in 2015.

Omerta

People heard about this?

@notaxation: Really looking forward to playing Pier Solar, but super disappointed that it's not coming to Vita. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

@watermelongames: @notaxation We’re HUGE fans of the Vita and Pier Solar will absolutely be coming to VITA. We’ll have more details very soon!

Cotrip

People heard about this?

@notaxation: Really looking forward to playing Pier Solar, but super disappointed that it's not coming to Vita. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

@watermelongames: @notaxation We’re HUGE fans of the Vita and Pier Solar will absolutely be coming to VITA. We’ll have more details very soon!

And there's also this teaser

10636022_745935692140777_1472693011494846207_n.jpg

Could be only remote play, but I guess not.

Not to be "that guy," but how many of those games are ports/independent titles versus original games? Don't wanna try a flame war or anything, just genuinely curious as to how much original software the vita still has coming.

e_i

People heard about this?

Was going to buy the PS4 and was thinking "This game would be awesome on the Vita." Okay, then. I'll wait for the Vita version.

Not to be "that guy," but how many of those games are ports/independent titles versus original games? Don't wanna try a flame war or anything, just genuinely curious as to how much original software the vita still has coming.

Why don't you just look in the thread, Fady K has done an awesome job recapitulate everything so far.

VLiberty

If by original you mean new (regardless of simultaneous multiplat or indipendent), then there are a lot.

Fady K

COMING SOON!

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
TVG-PSV-00359_08.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Natural Doctrine (SCE)
PCj3afI.jpg

Futuridium EP Deluxe (SCE)
12526492514_43e6b51501_z.jpg

Invizimals: The Alliance (E)
6N5M9Ch.jpg

*Based on tweets from the developer Watermelon games (thanks to Omerta for digging it up!), the 2D RPG Pier Solar & the Great Architects will be making its way to the Vita at some point. The game looks quite a bit like the Lunar RPG series.
czfv3j-bypaf5Fyms9uHUpmlFtLbAl16.jpg

*Here is a new preview of the upcoming Mega Man-like Vita platformer Mighty No. 9
mno9_thumb.jpg

*Here is the Japanese boxart for Earth Defense Force 2
Earth-Defense-Force-2-Portable-V2_2014_09-30-14_001-280x356.jpg

*For the Digimon fans here, here is a new preview of Digimon: Cyber Sleuth (thus far Japan-only).
Digimon-Story_09-30-14.jpg

*For those of you who missed out on Frozen Synapse: Prime - the strategy game to get for the Vita this year - go for it ^_^ Pocketgamer gave it a glowing 9/10 review recently and IGN called it "one of the Vita's best games, period."
15322907155_ccce6d62c9_z.jpg

That Spectra 8bit looks legit good. Thank you again!

I'm loving the look of it myself. Feels like it will be an addictive game from the looks of it ^^

I'm sure XSEED will localize that game, probably getting released sometime in 2015.

They expressed plenty of interest in it so i'm really hopeful! I'm less hopeful for a physical copy but Xseed can surprise you with sometimes :D (see: Senran Kagura Vita).

People heard about this?

Oh wow, great news. Looks like I'll be adding it up then :)

Except that it isn't available on the Asia store. Thanks Xseed.

I would advise creating an account with an American store so as to not miss out! Thing is, the Vita only allows one account unfortunately >_> There has to be a way around this.

There are plenty of original stuff coming bro ;) Feel free to ask about any titles of interest ^^

Why don't you just look in the thread, Fady K has done an awesome job recapitulate everything so far.

Thank you kind sir <3

Still proving you're the man Fady, Frozen Synapse Prime is (next to HELLDIVERS) one of my most anticipated games this year. It's the first game I'm" grabbing up when I purchase my new Vita. Also, didn't know about Ciel No Surge offline it looks pretty neat as does Ronin of Ukiyo, love to see'em come westward. Already got Shinovi Versus preordered and of course I got Mighty No. 9 and Natural Doctrine on lock for future purchases when money frees up, Pier Solar is looking pretty wavy too. Keep up the great work it's hella appreciated.

Should I wait for Playstation TV to come out or should I get a Vita? I honestly don't game "on the go" that much at all, and I'm not very interested in many games that use the touch screen. That said, I do play my 3DS at home quite a bit.

Also, if I do go with a Vita, is it okay to get a Japanese one? I want a white one that'll match my PS4 if I do take the plunge.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F27JDUY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's the one I was thinking of buying.

Novocaine

Should I wait for Playstation TV to come out or should I get a Vita? I honestly don't game "on the go" that much at all, and I'm not very interested in many games that use the touch screen. That said, I do play my 3DS at home quite a bit.

Also, if I do go with a Vita, is it okay to get a Japanese one? I want a white one that'll match my PS4 if I do take the plunge.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F27JDUY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's the one I was thinking of buying.

You're better off getting a Vita. The PSTV misses out on a lot of good games because it can't support touch screen. I don't really play on the go either, I take my Vita to work and play it on lunch break but that's it. Most is played from at home.

And you can get a Japanese Vita no problem. The only difference is that sometimes the X and O buttons are switched.

redcrayon

I've missed the 'little spaceship vs big bosses' variety of shooter though, they aren't quite so common these days. There isn't exactly a huge choice of them on the Vita.

Labadal

My 64Gb card arrived today.

Pier Solar HD (when it releases), Oreshika 2, Persona 4, and all my PSP + PS1 games will finally fit on the same card. Then I still have some room for PS+ games.

SerTapTap

I feel like every other game that get's announced is a twinstick shooter.
Twin stick is not what is generally considered shoot em up

edit:

I certainly prefer to play on TV with a "proper" controller, and I'm getting a PS TV to supplement my Vita, but I must say if I were to only pick one it'd be the Vita. The majority of truly special experiences I've had on the Vita are Vita only, not PS TV. Tearaway, Velocity Ultra/2X's touch controls (wow, never would have expected to like that eh), Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Murasaki Baby. Probably a couple I'm forgetting (and a couple okay not amazing ones like Uncharted GA), and a couple like Neptunia Rebirth that while they don't have relevant touch controls are curiously missing from PS TV.

Labadal

I forgot to mention that I am also constipated after eating pizza for 3 days straight. In my defence, I baked it at home and it was delicious. That crunchy crust, mmmm... Might have another one tomorrow. I baked like twenty of them and put in the freezer. One of the few advantages of having worked 14-16 hour days at restaurants.

Faustek

I forgot to mention that I am also constipated after eating pizza for 3 days straight. In my defence, I baked it at home and it was delicious. That crunchy crust, mmmm... Might have another one tomorrow. I baked like twenty of them and put in the freezer. One of the few advantages of having worked 14-16 hour days at restaurants.

Dude what you eat is your business... But really? You're constipated due to excessive overeating of delicious pizza and you're going for more? Do not know if I should salute you for sticking to your preferred meal or plant a boot up your bum for being obstinate (the boot also functions as an unclogger when pulled out).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tictocgames/adventures-of-pip-pc-mac-nintendo-wii-u
Adventures of Pip just reached its Sony systems goals. This likely means it'll get a PS4+Vita release.

Oh I missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

Labadal

Dude what you eat is your business... But really? You're constipated due to excessive overeating of delicious pizza and you're going for more? Do not know if I should salute you for sticking to your preferred meal or plant a boot up your bum for being obstinate (the boot also functions as an unclogger when pulled out).

Oh I missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

I posted this in the wrong thread without even realizing! Still, the Vita is a life saver while taking care of business in the toilet.

Oh man i hope this gets localized, corpse party on PSP is fantastic. Played for the first time a few months ago and had a blast.

cpooi

I would advise creating an account with an American store so as to not miss out! Thing is, the Vita only allows one account unfortunately >_> There has to be a way around this.

There are some advantages of the Asia store, like physical versions of FFX-2, SAO:HF and SSD. We also get most Japanese games, usually at lower prices than Japan.

Also, I have this stupid mindset that publishers should publish their games worldwide, especially for digital content.

I just found my Vita and all of these are must buys however I have one small suggestion and I'll even help if I have too.

I would like to suggest that for the older titles in which the images had to be removed due to the limitations - can we add the store links to those games so we can directly buy those that look good to us?

Ketch

Has there been any news on helldivers or risk of rain for Vita? Those are my two most anticipated vita games and it feels like we've been waiting forever.

edit: also, frozen synapse for vita is great!

Top Bottom