• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Has there been any news on helldivers or risk of rain for Vita? Those are my two most anticipated vita games and it feels like we've been waiting forever.

edit: also, frozen synapse for vita is great!

For Risk of Rain you could always visit the official site for information:

http://riskofraingame.com/

Seems like a "when it's ready" type of deal.

I'm still waiting for news on Oddworld: New N Tasty for Vita... I'm really glad I didn't take the "pre-order it to get free DLC" bait when it released on PS4, knowing it could take forever to come to Vita. First it was supposed to be a simultaneous release, then a couple months... in all likelihood, it could be in Munch's Oddysee territory now, which is like 2 years late and counting.

Fenix Rage is now also coming to Vita from Green Lava Studios. Previously announced for the PS4, X1 and PC.

Seems to be a Super Meat Boy-ish kinda platformer. Here's a video of IGN playing the PC build.

15271730560_1119757a8d.jpg
15458440245_d61cc82c60.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/06/hardcore-ps4-platformer-fenix-rage-now-confirmed-ps-vita/

Fady K

Hello there guys! Sorry for the long absence. Was busy with the family for Eid (a Muslim holiday), ill be compiling updates later on today. Peace out ^-^

Anko

I've had this on my "maybe" list for a while

Does it make you cry tears of happiness or sadness?

Sadness
. There's a sequel coming out early next year, which is PC only for now. It's slated to have a total of 4 games, one for each season. The first was set in Spring, the next in Summer, etc. Looking at the creator's comments, the next one is probably going to
end in tears too
. The OST is great though, as is usually the case with MANYO.

Fady K

*A new game in the Sword Art Online series is coming out called Sword Art Online: Lost Song. This one will be more of an action RPG than an MMORPG-styled game. Bandai Namco has already released a trailer.
pBRro3T.jpg

*As shared by our awesome friend here Infernal Monkey, Fenix Rage will be coming out for the Vita. It is hardcore 2D platformer (a bit similar to Super Meat Boy for those familiar with it)
b1YR1Hx.jpg

15273968448_a4b2e76efa_z.jpg

*Sidequest studios, developer of the lovely SRPG Rainbow series on the Vita/PS3 are porting their very good (in my opinion) SHMUP (for those not in the know, this genre includes games like Radiant Silvergun, the Gradius series, and more recently, Sine Mora) Soldner X2: Final Prototype (Thanks to Arukado and Shizuka for this info!) to the Vita this fall. I finished the PS3 version and as a SHMUP fan I loved it and highly recommend it to fans of this genre. Here is the trailer for the game. The Vita version will be taken seriously, with 60 FPS, little to no loadtimes and a new trophy set as well. Oh, and it is free for owners of the PS3 version :D
QEek02D.jpg

*An update from Sidequest studios on their SRPG Rainbow Skies - it is progressing well and set to hit the Vita in 2015. This one is looking good. The prequel, already available for the Vita, will be free for PS+ users starting from tonight/tomorrow by the way.
o8QIeNp.jpg

*Adventure gaming fans, The Walking Dead: Season Two will be hitting Vita on retail early November (Nov 4th for the US so far). Also, as a sidenote, Telltale Games confirmed that the game will be getting a third season.
15232761188_e4d16456eb_z.jpg

* Pix the Cat should be hitting the Vita tonight/tomorrow and it will be free for PS+ users :D Check out this trailer for the game's "nostalgia mode".
PixTheCat_gif03.gif

15382946446_d7b183373b_z.jpg

*Also out of nowhere, release-dates wise, is the release of Jet Car Stunts tonight/tomorrow on the Vita. Game looks like wacky fun, here's a launch trailer for this racer.
15228568700_a2b97f3a20_n.jpg

15228499449_2705b37ae7_n.jpg

*The PSone cult classic Vib Ribbon will be released tonight in the NA store (EU/AU store next week I believe) and will be playable on the Vita of course :) Another PS one classic in the form of Capcom's 2D sidescrolling action game Strider 2 hits the store tonight and will be playable on the Vita as well.
15452280731_084e9541eb_z.jpg

strider.jpg

* Beyond Human is a game that may come to the Vita if the kickstarter succeeds. The dev says it is inspired by Mega Man and Devil May Cry. If it does succeed (and here's hoping it will!!) I'll add it up to the list :)
screen1_thumb.png

*Square-Enix's upcoming RPG Rise of Mana will involve the three main characters from the great SNES classic Secret of Mana. Interesting. Here's a video about it.

*Here are new images of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Century:
nepvvita02_thumb.jpg

nepvvita01.jpg

nepvvita05.jpg

nepvvita04.jpg

nepvvita03.jpg

*A new Invizimals game is hitting the Vita (Invizimals: Alliance just came out recently) by the name of Invizimals: The Resistance . Unlike previous Invizimals games, this one will make use of the AR tech in the Vita. It should hit Europe on October 29th. Here's the trailer.
h4Lxas0.jpg

*Remember Tap Dance Hero ? Here's a trailer. Game should hit Japan this Thursday.
image_thumb9.png

*Sony CE Japan collaborated with a women's fashion magazine (in Japan as well) to produce this new Vita bundle.
mer02.jpg

mer01.jpg

*Kadokawa Games is working on a Japanese adventure game called Durarara Relay which is set to hit Japanese shores this January.
SGy9V6d.jpg

* Kantai Collection will now be hitting Japanese shores on Spring 2015.
UPNwhuk.jpg

*For those who haven't updated their PS Vita firmware yet, do so. Custom themes are now available and it is pretty cool to hear a different tune on the Vita homescreen for a change :D You can expect some cooler themes to purchase/download soon, with games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Tearaway being hinted at for themes. I like this theme in particular:
15405250482_81b0e7f058_n.jpg

15219058067_60ca78b339_n.jpg

* The Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order will be hitting Japanese shores on Dec 25.
Mahouka-Vita-Delayed-Dec.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Shizuka :) Added to the updates and list!

is it any better than sine mora? I found that game to be really disappointing...

I have not played Sine Mora yet but I finished Soldner X2 on the PS3 and I personally really enjoyed it. If you enjoy such games you may very well like it a lot as well :D Great soundtrack too!!

Really just want to toss out a thank you, Fady. This topic and your updates are always greatly appreciated.

Thank you so, so much Doombear. Very kind of you man. I hope you enjoy today's decently-sized update as well :)! Stay tuned for constant updates in the future!

Still proving you're the man Fady, Frozen Synapse Prime is (next to HELLDIVERS) one of my most anticipated games this year. It's the first game I'm" grabbing up when I purchase my new Vita. Also, didn't know about Ciel No Surge offline it looks pretty neat as does Ronin of Ukiyo, love to see'em come westward. Already got Shinovi Versus preordered and of course I got Mighty No. 9 and Natural Doctrine on lock for future purchases when money frees up, Pier Solar is looking pretty wavy too. Keep up the great work it's hella appreciated.

Thanks a lot bro for your lovely words!! Again, I am humbled by them and motivated further honestly. I love the community in this thread, so kind, so helpful, so awesome. Frozen Synapse is indeed a well-received title, and hopefully Helldivers is as well when it hits the Vita eventually. At this moment, Ciel no Surge Offline is Japan-only, but I'll update you guys if any localization announcements occur. I too am planning to pick up Shinovi Versus :D I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible. In the meanwhile, enjoy today's update :)

Excellent!

It's crazy how starved the system has been for shoot 'em ups. :'(

Did you play Soldner X2 on the PS3 Infernal Monkey? It was a really fun game.

I blame it on Cave.

Surprisingly, Cave are mostly on Xbox exclusively (or am I mixing them up with another major SHMUP developer)?

I feel like every other game that get's announced is a twinstick shooter.

I'm not sure but I think he meant shmups like Gradius.

My 64Gb card arrived today.

Pier Solar HD (when it releases), Oreshika 2, Persona 4, and all my PSP + PS1 games will finally fit on the same card. Then I still have some room for PS+ games.

Congrats Labadal :D You'll never walk alone bro :p Once you go 64gb you can never look back ;D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tictocgames/adventures-of-pip-pc-mac-nintendo-wii-u
Adventures of Pip just reached its Sony systems goals. This likely means it'll get a PS4+Vita release.

Interesting! Is it safe to add it to the list then?

Oh man i hope this gets localized, corpse party on PSP is fantastic. Played for the first time a few months ago and had a blast.

Agreed! Go for Corpse Party: Book of Shadows on the PSP/Vita to make the wait for the next game easier. I so hope Xseed announces it!

There are some advantages of the Asia store, like physical versions of FFX-2, SAO:HF and SSD. We also get most Japanese games, usually at lower prices than Japan.

Also, I have this stupid mindset that publishers should publish their games worldwide, especially for digital content.

Not a stupid mindset at all by the way, I agree with you 100%. The ipad games are like that, releases are mostly worldwide on the same day!

I just found my Vita and all of these are must buys however I have one small suggestion and I'll even help if I have too.

I would like to suggest that for the older titles in which the images had to be removed due to the limitations - can we add the store links to those games so we can directly buy those that look good to us?

Hey there :D I wouldn't mind doing that actually, the only problem is my first post is so huge (main reason why I keep cutting images of older games off) that I would not be able to fit the links :(

Has there been any news on helldivers or risk of rain for Vita? Those are my two most anticipated vita games and it feels like we've been waiting forever.

edit: also, frozen synapse for vita is great!

Hello there! Glad to see that you are enjoying Frozen Synapse, I heard it was indeed fantastic.

No updates on Risk of Rain or Helldivers yet but rest assured you'll hear about it. The good news is most Vita games end up having their release dates only a few days/weeks before release :D

I'm still waiting for news on Oddworld: New N Tasty for Vita... I'm really glad I didn't take the "pre-order it to get free DLC" bait when it released on PS4, knowing it could take forever to come to Vita. First it was supposed to be a simultaneous release, then a couple months... in all likelihood, it could be in Munch's Oddysee territory now, which is like 2 years late and counting.

I think it'll release sooner rather than later as they are simultaneously working on the WiiU and Xbox One versions as well.

Welcome back Fady, I always look forward to your roundups :)

Thanks my friend :) All done with today's update, hope you enjoy it!

My next vita game is the port of the PC Visual Novel, Flowers on 9th October:

And a little bonus pic for those that do not mind the slight spoiler (might be a little NSFW):
http://abload.de/img/1410437052428r3s3e.png

I'll need to prep some tissues. Again.

Interesting! Is this coming out in English?

Tizoc

Fady I'll e-mail the devs about Pip to be sure but their kickstarter page did mention PS4 and companion systems so at least Vita is possible. At worse, it'll release AFTER the PS4 ver.

Also Fenix Rage got some favourable reviews from IGN, I skipped it on Steam but will try it on Vita.

Fady K

Fady I'll e-mail the devs about Pip to be sure but their kickstarter page did mention PS4 and companion systems so at least Vita is possible. At worse, it'll release AFTER the PS4 ver.

Also Fenix Rage got some favourable reviews from IGN, I skipped it on Steam but will try it on Vita.

Thank you Tizoc, much appreciated bro.

Fenix Rage is looking interesting, nice to see that it reviewed well!

Anko

*sees picture in link, reads text*

uh, ye, uhm, sure.

Lol. That came out all wrong. It is not for that purpose, I assure you.

Interesting! Is this coming out in English?
Unfortunately not. Visual novels hardly get localised as it is. One from this genre? Even lesser of a chance. Which is why, as a fan of the genre, I picked up Japanese.

Is it yuri? You have my interest.
Yes. I think it's the only non-doujin safe for all(?) ages yuri VN this year.

CrovaxPSO

My next vita game is the port of the PC Visual Novel, Flowers on 9th October:

And a little bonus pic for those that do not mind the slight spoiler (might be a little NSFW):
http://abload.de/img/1410437052428r3s3e.png

I'll need to prep some tissues. Again.

I bought the PC version (and the excellent soundtrack) when it came out but never finished it. I'll probably pick up the Vita version to continue and finish it. Would have pre-ordered if they had a different drama CD but I'm pretty sure it's the same one that the PC release came with.

Fady K

COMING SOON!

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Exclusive to Vita)
udxj0E2.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Jet Car Stunts (Not available on 3DS)
Rlx8vkM.jpg

Pix the Cat (Sony console exclusive)
PixTheCat_gif03.gif

*New PSone games available in NA store for Vita users - Vib Ribbon + Strider 2

*PS+ users, don't forget that you can pick up Rainbow Moon and Pix the Cat for free for this month.

*Siliconera has posted a very lengthy new preview of God Eater 2 Burst
ge2br1-600x340.jpg

*Playstation Now open Beta coming to Vita next week :)
PS-Now-PSV-Next-Week.jpg

Unfortunately not. Visual novels hardly get localised as it is. One from this genre? Even lesser of a chance. Which is why, as a fan of the genre, I picked up Japanese.

That's true, though they are starting, albeit slowly, to get localized more often. In particular Aksys Games have been a champion for it <3

Fady K

Good news, Minecraft: Vita Edition will be coming out to Europe in SIX DAYS :D

"4J Studios @4JStudios
#MinecraftPSVita passed final test and will be released on 15th October in Europe! youtu.be/QFZoDbgncJA"

I'll update you guys if the NA version gets a release date.

maszu

Neo Member
Anyone got an idea what's up with the Vita/Ps3 version of Teslagrad? Meant to be out this summer but not much news since then...

Tizoc

Anyone got an idea what's up with the Vita/Ps3 version of Teslagrad? Meant to be out this summer but not much news since then...

eHDKXBH.gif

Look at it this way: Would you rather another Dustforce where the performance was trash, or a decent well running port that can achieve 60 FPS and be native res?

Sorry for the OT, but I only found this thread about the psvita.
Can you tell me if the model pch-1004 is the old OLED model or the new one?
Thanks

I did my part. Hell, I already own the game on PS3/PS4/Vita (Japanese versions) but I want to support the weird and wonderful games that make localisation.

iFISnewkbEvwe.JPG

iMEPjitAr3wRE.JPG

iWtdtuKX88cPB.JPG

51vDGHEHg%2BL.jpg

'Tadeo Jones and the Lost Manuscript' coming to Vita (and PS4). Side-scrolling platformer with a few mini-games. This'll prooobably only be released in Spain like the first Tadeo Jones game.

I see single copies of this game floating around, with estimated delivery dates of next week etc... relying on google translate to read the order pages, and it's not working out well.

Do you know if this game released yet, Infernal? I want this to be my Spanish Putty Squad.

Zhao_Yun

thank you! Is it better? Where I can find an SD for cheap?

Depends on your priorites. The OLED Vita has the better screen although the LCD Screen of the new Vita isn't bad either. The 2000 model is a bit lighter, has improved shoulder buttons and improved battery life.
What do you mean with "SD"? The memory cards?

Takao

Banned
I see single copies of this game floating around, with estimated delivery dates of next week etc... relying on google translate to read the order pages, and it's not working out well.

Do you know if this game released yet, Infernal? I want this to be my Spanish Putty Squad.

You sure you're not getting it confused with the first Tadeo Jones on Vita? That launched last year.

Yeah, the original game just goes by Tadeo Jones (I got my copy from this seller on eBay a few months back, super fast shipping but he's really jacked the price up since then). It's... not very good, but still a fun novelty in the collection!

The sequel's due out November 14th I think.

I want this to be my Spanish Putty Squad.

Ahahaha, I love this. <3

Did you play Soldner X2 on the PS3 Infernal Monkey? It was a really fun game.

I didn't, sadly! Was always one of those games I wanted to get but never got around to it, and now I don't have a PS3 anymore. :'(

Fady K

*Finally, Minecraft Vita Edition has a release date for NA gamers. 3 days to go :)
15491761175_56d0fcaa84_z.jpg

15305101758_f50ee962db_n.jpg

For those who have Minecraft on other PS systems:

Playstation Blog[/B said:
"About to purchase PS Vita Edition (PS Store) from 10/14
On your PS3 or PS Vita, purchase Minecraft PS Vita Edition for $19.99. Once you have made the purchase, you’ll be able to download the PS3 Edition for free and upgrade to PS4 Edition for $4.99.

About to purchase PS Vita Edition (Retail) from 11/11
On your PS3 or PS Vita, enter the pack-in voucher code through PS Store and you’ll be able to download the PS Vita and PS3 Editions digitally, and upgrade to the PS4 Edition for $4.99.

Existing PS3 Edition Owners (Disc or Digital)
On your PS3 or PS Vita, simply log into PlayStation Store and find Minecraft PS Vita Edition and you’ll be able to download it for free.

Existing PS4 Edition Owners (Disc or Digital)
Only the PS3 and PS Vita Editions are eligible for the cross-buy offer.

*A new strategy RPG is coming to the Vita (in English!) from Idea Factory international, and it is part of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series: Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart . (Thanks to KimonoNoNo!)
uDCzBct.jpg

img0.jpg

img2.jpg

scr0.jpg

scr1.jpg

*Another RPG is hitting the Vita in English, thanks to Koei Tecmo games, with Atelier Ayesha Plus confirmed for English shores (Europe so far) in 2015. (Thanks to Korialstrasz!)
YL0wCQT.jpg

AI1C6DE.jpg

* Tales of Hearts R will also be getting a special edition for NA gamers (same as Euro gamers). Here ya go :D
15487542521_e0c1d952e6_z.jpg

*Adventure gaming fans, The Wolf Among Us from Telltale Games will be released as a retail game for the Vita on November 4th. Mark your calendar :)

*Here are the top 10 downloaded Vita games in September 2014 (from the Playstation Blog):

Playstation Blog said:
PS Vita Games
1 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
2 Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
3 Need for Speed Most Wanted
4 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
5 WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate
6 Murasaki Baby
7 Terraria
8 Rogue Legacy
9 Cel Damage HD
10 ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Personally happy to see Murasaki Baby in there, Rogue Legacy still hanging on :D and Sword Art Online is more popular than I expected! As for Danganronpa, great to see Vita gamers pick this up!

The wait on Duke Nukem Vita is killing me! Any info on current certification status?

Nothing yet unfortunately, I think I noticed your tweet on twitter to the devs :(? It is taking longer than expected, that is for sure! Surely it won't take as long as Duke Nukem Forever :p

I did my part. Hell, I already own the game on PS3/PS4/Vita (Japanese versions) but I want to support the weird and wonderful games that make localisation.

iFISnewkbEvwe.JPG

iMEPjitAr3wRE.JPG

iWtdtuKX88cPB.JPG

Awesome. I'm personally waiting for the PS4 version. Enjoy mate!

I would love the original list to include all the platforms the games will be released on.

Due to having too many images/characters I can't do much at the moment. However, you will notice that for recent and new releases I mention details about whether it is exclusive to the Vita or not. If it is SCE (Sony Console Exclusive) that means it is available for PS3 and/or PS4 as well.

I didn't, sadly! Was always one of those games I wanted to get but never got around to it, and now I don't have a PS3 anymore. :'(

Ah no worries pal :D You'll likely enjoy it more on the Vita, feel like such games look even better on handhelds ;D

Sweet! Another RPG for Vita owners. Adding this up. Thanks Korialstrasz :)

Don't know whether it's been mentioned yet, but Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart is coming West.

YN7Apl2.jpg

http://ideafintl.com/noire/

Awesome! Adding it up to the list. Thanks a lot KimonoNoNo :)

This is ultra niche I know, but Rugby 15 now has a release date. November 14 in Australia and New Zealand; not sure about other regions yet.

205295_packshot_l.jpg

https://ebgames.com.au/vita-205295-Rugby-15-PS-Vita

Good find bro, any images for this game?

Fady K

Huh. There's been various hints that Unfinished Swan for Vita was in the works, like the Korean rating, but a Santa Monica rep actually denied that it was coming back when the PS4 version launched.

Hmmm...funny thing is that video came from the Japanese playstation channel.

Top Bottom