• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Sterling work Fady K. So many weird and possibly wonderful Japanese games that unfortunately will never see the light of day in the West. That Fuurika 3 game looks appealing, but then I am majorly partial to scenic Japanese countryside, so I guess it would.

Ahzrei

Banned
Hello there Ahzrei! Hope you enjoy today's update. The Corpse Party games are selling for a GREAT price as you saw and are very much worth it. I hope you enjoy it mate! Let me know what you think :D

Always do, great work. I really hope Stranger of Sword city gets localized, that game looks amazing. If not, I better step up my Japanese.

I've only played the first two chapters of Corpse Party, but the first game is fantastic so far. Particularly the sound design. I do wish there was a good way to skip over scenes/dialogue though. I find myself having to replay a few too many segments.

x post from VitaGAF thread (PSN something something)

During a games convention in Sweden this weekend I have had the oportunity to play one mystical Vita game on the vita and some games that are multiplatform releases on PS4 and PC. It was also the first time I tried the Vita 2000 (I am pretty impressed with the not OLED screen).

The Vita game I tried was the Muppet platform game. It looked really sharp but had a pretty clunky control and some touch and tilt function at specific points in the game. The clunkyness to me is the same as many other games made with Unity3d. I did only play for a couple of minutes so take my words with a grain of salt. The small part of the level design that I saw felt like deja vu (typical for a studios first platformer). As a kids game though I think it might be fine.

I also played Helldivers and Galak-z (PS4 but the developers have stated before that both games are coming to the Vita as well).

Helldivers was crazy hard to play by your self, but I think I will be a really good game to play coop MP with voice chat (Party). check it out if you have missed all the info about the game. To me it plays exactly like I thought it would.

Galak-Z was very fun and also pretty hard, I had some problems with it not using the steer by pushing the analog right/left (like Motorstorm RC), instead it uses the push the analog stick in the direction you want to point you ship (like how the right analog stick work in i.e Dead Nation). I hope they let us choose when they release the full game. I love that they both have a "jump" and a reverse button. The "jump" works like a dodge roll in an action game (but vertically) and I think that it had i-frames. It seems like the game have a no less than a briliant design and my short play session have in no way degraded the hype I have for this game. The only thing I didn´t like with the build that I played, was that it was hard to tell the difference between the backgound and the design of the level.

The last game that I tried (on PC) was Pavilion. I have to start by talking about the graphics in the game, it is absolutely beautiful (but you allready new that).
They have talked in interviews about how it is a game in 4th person and I haven´t been able to understand what that even means until I played it today. The gameplay consists of a character that is moving around on its own in the (once again absolutely beautiful) world. You do not have direct control over the character, but you have indirect control by opening/closing paths for him to use. The first example is by turning on/off lights and make bells ring. the character move if a path is lit and stops if there is darkness in his way. by sounding a bell you make the character start moving towards it. This game is a hard one to explain in text because so much of the game is about the small details and the atmosphere so therefore I choose to stop writing about it now.

I hope that some of you are as hyped for these games as I am (Muppets excluded). :)

Edit: I will go back tomorrow and try the only game that I didn´t have time for today and that is Tales of Hearts R.

In sonys booth there was 4 Vita games that you could play (Muppets, R&C coll, FW and Minecraft). TOH:R was in the Bandai Namco booth.

Fady K

Happy Monday to all of you lovely posters here :D Here are some updates for you guys.

*Possibly *the* best digital-only game on the PS4 is now officially coming to the Vita. I am talking about Resogun , the lovely shootemup from the incredibly talented Housemarque (Outland, Super Stardust HD, Dead Nation and the upcoming Alienation).
The game will be ported by the folks at Climax Studios, responsible for the Dead Nation Vita port. Details will be shared here once they are revealed :D For any gamer who missed this, trust me, this one is a TREASURE of a game from what all the PS4 owners (and reviewers) I know have been saying.
kw17aq5.jpg

*Reminder - the 2D horror game Home from Ben Rivers (developer of the other upcoming Vita game, Alone With You) is coming out to Vita tonight at a temporary sale price of $2.99. Don't miss it. Also - cross buy with the PS4 version.
RT2YKQ6.jpg

* Retro City Rampage DX will be hitting the Vita very soon (next week). Confused? This is an updated version of the base game that already hit the Vita. The game will be cross buy (with the PS4 and PS3 versions) and will launch at a sale price of $7.99 for PS+ users on November 11th. So what's new? Far too much to mention here, truth be told. Check out the link for all the details from the developer :). Also, check out this trailer for all the details too :D
WejURWT.jpg

*Sudden release date - The Hungry Horde from Nosebleed interactive is coming out tonight on the Vita as well. Take control of a zombie army and set about destroying the world as much as possible. The game has a very cute look, check out the launch trailer.
DvAYs0t.jpg

15057685343_503cc9a668_z.jpg

*Adventure game fans. Here's a double dosage for you. Telltale's The Wolf Among Us is hitting the Vita tonight (digital and physical), and The Walking Dead: Season Two is hitting the Vita as a physical release tonight. (Digital available already).
vV5dLbE.jpg

ayBWq4l.jpg

* The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is set to come out tonight for the Vita (FREE for PS+ users). For those who don't know, the game is a randomly generated action RPG with rogue-like elements. The game is developed by Nicalis (Cave Story, 1001 Spikes) and designed by Edmund McMillen (known for his work on the brutally difficult and much loved Super Meat Boy).
0Lo53tP.png

Don't Die Mr. Robot is an action game starring a fruit-loving Robot ;D. It is set to come out tonight as well.
XtcNu8C.jpg

*Racing fans, apparently Moto GP 14 will be coming out for the Vita tonight. Will be available as a digital title.
fENeIsx.jpg

*Many new screenshots have arrived for Atelier Escha & Logy Plus . Enjoy! (Thanks to the lovely site, Gematsu)
Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-Plus-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sky_2014_11-03-14_014.jpg_600.jpg

Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-Plus-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sky_2014_11-03-14_008.jpg_600.jpg

Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-Plus-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sky_2014_11-03-14_011.jpg_600.jpg

Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-Plus-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sky_2014_11-03-14_005.jpg_600.jpg

Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-Plus-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sky_2014_11-03-14_006.jpg_600.jpg

Atelier-Escha-and-Logy-Plus-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sky_2014_11-03-14_001.jpg

* Get Off My Lawn! is an out of nowhere upcoming Vita title from Digital Leisure. The premise is, as per the amazing folks at vitaboys.net is: "Get Off My Lawn pits players as Murray Mendelson, a man who just happened to wake up to an alien invasion overtaking his home. You are armed with just a musket and must defend your home against all odds in this fast paced and endless arcade shooter. The game also allows players to collect alien orbs to upgrade weaponry, and even offers various powerups such as "Sound Wave", "Cane Time", and "Infuriate." - See more at: vitaboys.net".
4BgQjpR.png

*Pocketgame has posted a new preview of the upcoming 2D Platformer Klaus for the Vita. They describe the game as a sinister version of Thomas Was Alone, the lovely Vita game from Mike Bithell. For the Vita gamers unfamiliar with Klaus, here is the announcement trailer from a few months back.
klaus1.jpg

klausgame1.jpg

klausgame2.jpg

*SEGA has posted a lot of info regarding their upcoming DLC for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
15460073969_bcf65110f2_z.jpg

*A new Japanese Vita game (Japan-only too likely) called Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru: Memories of the Sea of Trees. It is based on a light novel and manga series (and soon to be released anime adaptation). It will apparently an action game/visual novel hybrid.
20141103_020516.png
20141103_020508.png

20141103_021043.png
20141103_020227.png

I9AvY7f.jpg

*Any Yu-Gi-Oh fans here? The new game (for PSP, Vita compatible is likely surely) Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V Tag Force , has new details shared by siliconera.
20141029_023755_thumb.png

Something went wrong at Sony's end and Don't Die Mr Robot has been delayed in Europe until next week (Day after the US release)

It will be coming out tomorrow it seems :)

Sterling work Fady K. So many weird and possibly wonderful Japanese games that unfortunately will never see the light of day in the West. That Fuurika 3 game looks appealing, but then I am majorly partial to scenic Japanese countryside, so I guess it would.

Many thanks to you George Stobbart. Much appreciated!! It is rather unfortunate, Fuurika 3 looks like such a peaceful game to play through, I too am into scenic Japanese countrysides >_>. I really wish Nippon Ichi were more kind about bringing over their visual novel games. They have a lovely looking horror series (visual novel genre) that they never bothered bringing over either.

Always do, great work. I really hope Stranger of Sword city gets localized, that game looks amazing. If not, I better step up my Japanese.

I've only played the first two chapters of Corpse Party, but the first game is fantastic so far. Particularly the sound design. I do wish there was a good way to skip over scenes/dialogue though. I find myself having to replay a few too many segments.

As always, very kind of you Azhrei :)! Maybe there is hope for Stranger of Sword City as it did not come out in Japan yet.

How are you finding Corpse Party? Yes, the sound design in particular in top notch! I had the same complaint as you by the way, regarding the lack of skipping (made getting other endings more tedious); however, I also have great news for you: in the sequel (Book of Shadows) - you can fast forward by holding onto the R shoulder button and my - it makes getting ALL endings SO much easier (and faster!).

Really glad to see Home coming to the Vita soon. I really enjoyed the PC version so I'll be sure to double dip when it gets released.

Cross buy with the PS4 version as well as being $2.99 as a launch sale price, so good. Comes out tomorrow!

Nice! They gave it a very respectable silver award (8/10).

Any word on more japanese localizations?

We are getting a few Japanese games in English in November actually; Xseed is bringing over Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit. Bandai Namco is bringing over Tales of Hearts R and SEGA is bringing over Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd ;D

x post from VitaGAF thread (PSN something something)

During a games convention in Sweden this weekend I have had the oportunity to play one mystical Vita game on the vita and some games that are multiplatform releases on PS4 and PC. It was also the first time I tried the Vita 2000 (I am pretty impressed with the not OLED screen).

The Vita game I tried was the Muppet platform game. It looked really sharp but had a pretty clunky control and some touch and tilt function at specific points in the game. The clunkyness to me is the same as many other games made with Unity3d. I did only play for a couple of minutes so take my words with a grain of salt. The small part of the level design that I saw felt like deja vu (typical for a studios first platformer). As a kids game though I think it might be fine.

I also played Helldivers and Galak-z (PS4 but the developers have stated before that both games are coming to the Vita as well).

Helldivers was crazy hard to play by your self, but I think I will be a really good game to play coop MP with voice chat (Party). check it out if you have missed all the info about the game. To me it plays exactly like I thought it would.

Galak-Z was very fun and also pretty hard, I had some problems with it not using the steer by pushing the analog right/left (like Motorstorm RC), instead it uses the push the analog stick in the direction you want to point you ship (like how the right analog stick work in i.e Dead Nation). I hope they let us choose when they release the full game. I love that they both have a "jump" and a reverse button. The "jump" works like a dodge roll in an action game (but vertically) and I think that it had i-frames. It seems like the game have a no less than a briliant design and my short play session have in no way degraded the hype I have for this game. The only thing I didn´t like with the build that I played, was that it was hard to tell the difference between the backgound and the design of the level.

The last game that I tried (on PC) was Pavilion. I have to start by talking about the graphics in the game, it is absolutely beautiful (but you allready new that).
They have talked in interviews about how it is a game in 4th person and I haven´t been able to understand what that even means until I played it today. The gameplay consists of a character that is moving around on its own in the (once again absolutely beautiful) world. You do not have direct control over the character, but you have indirect control by opening/closing paths for him to use. The first example is by turning on/off lights and make bells ring. the character move if a path is lit and stops if there is darkness in his way. by sounding a bell you make the character start moving towards it. This game is a hard one to explain in text because so much of the game is about the small details and the atmosphere so therefore I choose to stop writing about it now.

I hope that some of you are as hyped for these games as I am (Muppets excluded). :)

Edit: I will go back tomorrow and try the only game that I didn´t have time for today and that is Tales of Hearts R.

In sonys booth there was 4 Vita games that you could play (Muppets, R&C coll, FW and Minecraft). TOH:R was in the Bandai Namco booth.

Mellan thank you SO much for posting these detailed impressions! Highly appreciated!

Shame about the Muppets. While I don't care for the muppets universe itself, the gameplay looked pretty nice.

Galak-Z looks like a load of fun and Pavilion looks quite unique. Intriguing stuff. Good to see that Helldivers is still being developed as well. Thanks again for all the impressions!

Fady K

That new Atelier game looks lovely. I fancy playing one of those. Which of three would people recommend to start with?

The Vita ones you mean right? You can start chronologically if you wish: Atelier Totori, Atelier Meruru and then Atelier Rorona. Atelier Ayesha should be coming out around January.

I really hope Stranger of Sword City gets localized as well. If not well I'm studying Japanese too haha.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
The Vita ones you mean right? You can start chronologically if you wish: Atelier Totori, Atelier Meruru and then Atelier Rorona. Atelier Ayesha should be coming out around January.
That's the Vita release order. The chronological order is Rorona, Totori and then Meruru.
@Hellers: Rorona (Plus) is the best place to start storywise but you won't be that confused if you start with Totori, but Totori would the best place to start game mechanics-wise since it's a little rougher around the edges than the others. So I guess it's up to you.

Good work as always Fady. Isaac will be mine tomorrow, and I'm interested in that Home game too.I don't suppose anyone has any update on Duke 3D or Helldivers do they?! /Sigh.

redcrayon

I really hope Stranger of Sword City gets localized as well. If not well I'm studying Japanese too haha.
It's definitely one of the games I'm most looking forward to.

@Mellan
Thanks for those impressions, much appreciated!

@Fady_K
Comprehensive work as always, thanks! Do you know if there's any word on a release window for Dragon Fin Soup yet?

Has anyone played Tiny Troopers or Poltergeist yet? I'm really curious and might pull the trigger on one or both, but I'd like to get some impressions/a review first.

I'm really tempted to pick up DN3D even though I can't stand the sight or sound of Octobrains in that game for some reason... they legitimately scare the hell out of me which is annoying as I love the game so much on the PC...

I'm gutted that the indie game "Home" doesn't appear to be up this week for the Vita. I was really looking forward to picking that up along with Binding of Isaac (which also isn't up at the mo in Europe...)

Ahzrei

Banned
As always, very kind of you Azhrei :)! Maybe there is hope for Stranger of Sword City as it did not come out in Japan yet.

How are you finding Corpse Party? Yes, the sound design in particular in top notch! I had the same complaint as you by the way, regarding the lack of skipping (made getting other endings more tedious); however, I also have great news for you: in the sequel (Book of Shadows) - you can fast forward by holding onto the R shoulder button and my - it makes getting ALL endings SO much easier (and faster!).

Oh, lord that is good news. It's a great game and definitely the best time I've had playing a horror game. The sound design (played through a bluetooth headset with noise cancelling) is almost too good. Playing with those in the dark is just the right kind of frightening. Excellent recommendation, thanks!

I'm all distracted by the Binding of Isaac now though. I will definitely dig deeper into Corpse Party on my nights off though. (Since those are the only days I can really play in the dark.)

Shizuka

Wow, a portable system with Danganronpa, Clannad, Fate/Stay, Higurashi, VLR, Grisaia, Flowers, Robotics Notes, Chaos Head and so many others. Vita only lacks now Tokimeki, Umineko, Ever 17 and Air to be the ultimate VN device of the forever.

If you add PSP games the Vita can run, it has Umineko, Tokimeki and Ever17 as well.

incpdo

Fady K you are such a Vita savior! this thread is so fresh with news everytime i open it. The best Vita thread of all times!.

Im excited to know if the Prince of Persia Trilogy rumor is real, even with the horrible framerate i did enjoy the PSP version of warrior withing and two thrones. Lets hope this is based on the PS3 HD collection , and lets hope to get a physical release(i havo no more space for games like this on my memory)
The new SAO game looks fantastic , the first game was cheap ala Tales of Hearts graphics wise.
Im so happy to have a Vita, i need more and more games even thou i have a huge backlog

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
There is probably a psp version for almost all major released VNs ever.
There pretty much is. By sheer volume the PSP wins out in terms of VN library. They obviously play much better at 4x the resolution on the Vita though (also touch controls so you don't have to wear out your O button as fast lol).

Sketchcross announced from Spiky Fish Games, due out early next year.

Sketchcross is a logic puzzler based on the nonogram ruleset. If you’re not familiar, think of a mix between crosswords and sudoku. You’re given number clues on the rows and columns to help sketch in the corresponding squares on the grid. Doing so starts to reveal the picture you’re creating.

Sketchcross will launch with 50 puzzles ranging from simple 5×5 shapes to complex 30×30 animals. The game has been designed to be easily expandable and our plan is to offer additional puzzles after launch.

15531168577_a5f9372967_z.jpg

15692637126_2ddded587d_z.jpg

15531168787_24e1d85557.jpg

Complete with some Engrish ;)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/06/introducing-sketchcross-new-puzzle-game-ps-vita/

VindicationDay

Neo Member
A long time ago, Renegade Kid announced that their episodic horror fps Cult County would be coming to practically every platform, INCLUDING the Vita! Their Kickstarter failed, but according to the devs, the game is still in development, although it will take a lot longer.

Here are my sources: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/04/0...-platforms-wii-u-ps4-xbox-one-ps3-steam-vita/

http://www.gameblogs.net/2014/04/20/checking-in-with-renegade-kid-on-moon-cult-county-and-more

Of course, there hasn't been an update on the game since the end of April, but I plan on reaching out to RK to see if they'll spill any more details!

VindicationDay

Neo Member
Has anyone played Tales of Hearts R yet? Or Freedom Wars? What do you guys think? Both of them look excellent, but I haven't decided which one I'll be buying yet.

Fady K

My thread was moved to the community section :0 is that a good thing or a bad thing fellow gaffers :p?

Ill celebrate by posting a huge update tonight hopefully ^^

incpdo

My thread was moved to the community section :0 is that a good thing or a bad thing fellow gaffers :p?

the bad thing is the amount of people that doesnt know about this, there are a lot of threads that ended on community including the PSN one. Waiting for the update!

redcrayon

Awesome, looking forward to it!

I think it's a good thing- we can talk about vita stuff as much as we like now! :D

My top piece of vita news today- Castlevania Dracula X now works on the vita for EU vitabros, which means we can now play SOTN without it running like treacle.

Also, Wolf Among Us seems to be up on the store now.

There has been loads of indie games announced recently too, Y2K looks good.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I think you can answer that by asking yourself how often you visit and browse the community forum tab :p

A lot of threads that don't really meet community criteria got moved in here though

Yazuka

My top piece of vita news today- Castlevania Dracula X now works on the vita for EU vitabros, which means we can now play SOTN without it running like treacle.

Is Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles available on the EU PSN or only on the US store?

EDIT: Just saw it was up on EU store! Woo! :D

EDIT 2: Is there a more updated list on games that are compatible with PSTV?

Top Bottom