• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

RalchAC

You don't have to. AFAIK you can transfer your save data to Kiwami and it lets you start off where you left it in the original, together with better gameplay balance, new weapons and a hopefully renewed online population.

That's nice. I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep my progress from the original game. Would be interesting to know how chapters work.

Original Toukiden had Chapters 1-5 as the story and 6-7 were post-game content. I doubt they're going to force people to play those two chapters to get to the new Kiwami content. Hope those aren't erased, I completed most of them :p

Vita (and PSP) originally, ported to PS4. That said, it's an incredibly good looking game on Vita so it should scale up nicely.

In regards to the pricing, that's business as usual for Tecmo Koei. Dynasty Warriors 8 and Deception IV were the same: Vita version $40, console versions $60.

It's a standard pricing practice. Homeconsoles games usual price is 60€/$. Handheld games prices are 40€/$. Same happened with One Piece Unlimited World Red IIRC.

Actually, I'm ok with it. If the game costs 40€ I can easily find it at 30-35€ on some online retailer. Since I don't have a PS4 I'm buying both this game and One Piece for Vita.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks Takao! Is owning Yakuza 0 necessary to have access to the app?

The Yakuza Ishin app could be played without owning the actual game, so I imagine the same will be true for 0's.

Yakuza Ishin was not necessary to play the companion app, but if you wanted to advance after a certain point you needed to link it with Yakuza Ishin, so i guess that the same will be with Zero.

The Yakuza Ishin companion app was one of the best looking Vita games, awesome, long and meaty even without linking with Yakuza Ishin, it was totally worth it(and probably the closest thing to a Yakuza game on Vita :( ) and i bet the same will be with Yakuza Zero.

That Yakuza Zero app looks pretty cool. If Ishin and Zero on PS4/PS3 come out in the west I wonder if the apps will as well.
Probably not. :/

Is there some sort of renaissance happening for the vita in Japan? Holy hell that's a lot of Japanese games lol.

Vita always had... a life in Japan. However, it doesn't have a tenth of its importance in the West compared to Japan. Basically, it's expected for Japan to be coming up with tons and tons of Vita games.

Vita always had... a life in Japan. However, it doesn't have a tenth of its importance in the West compared to Japan. Basically, it's expected for Japan to be coming up with tons and tons of Vita games.

Yeah, I mean for the most part all handheld support comes out of Japan, but I mean how are the sales doing over there? I know it's abysmal in the States, and I'm assuming Europe.

Yeah, I mean for the most part all handheld support comes out of Japan, but I mean how are the sales doing over there? I know it's abysmal in the States, and I'm assuming Europe.

It routinely places second in the weekly sales charts, after the 3DS - though it does about 1/3rd of the 3DS' sales. Portables make a lot of sense in Japan - 1/4 of the population lives in and around Tokyo, where real estate is very expensive so most people have long train commutes to work/school. Combine that with small Japanese homes where you might not have multiple TVs or space for long console gaming sessions with the rest of the family right around you, and strict parents who won't let their kids play for long times while they're under their watchful eyes, and suddenly having a Playstation that you can stick in your pocket and play in your room or on the train makes a lot of sense. That was a big part of the PSP's success.

It routinely places second in the weekly sales charts, after the 3DS - though it does about 1/3rd of the 3DS' sales. Portables make a lot of sense in Japan - 1/4 of the population lives in and around Tokyo, where real estate is very expensive so most people have long train commutes to work/school. Combine that with small Japanese homes where you might not have multiple TVs or space for long console gaming sessions with the rest of the family right around you, and strict parents who won't let their kids play for long times while they're under their watchful eyes, and suddenly having a Playstation that you can stick in your pocket and play in your room or on the train makes a lot of sense. That was a big part of the PSP's success.

MS should advertise the Surface Pro as a gaming device over there. I once could not stop 1 more turning I ended up playing Civ 5 in the metro...

Okay, here we go! Please excuse the garbage photo quality.

WihdbvC.jpg
eVn4YjD.jpg

ocK3CuY.jpg
0SN1ldb.jpg

D4QUXEg.jpg

Those little blue cases are too adorable~

steveovig

Has a release date been set at all for Axiom Verge? I played the demo of this at Best Buy yesterday and I fell in love with it.

No games at all, just empty shelves...

Apologies for the quality, also I've added 15+ imports after taking those photo's but I'm just too lazy to take another set just yet! I'm collecting for the format which is why I have such amazing games as "Muppets Movie Adventures" and "Tadeo Jones 1&2". My goal is to collect and play every Vita game, I've played the above three and to save others the trouble, don't buy them unless your as crazy as I am.

bobohoro

The only physical game I own is my Ys LE, so I won't bother with a pic haha.

Same here (also got Mk9 and Rayman at launch, but they are collecting dust somewhere). I was never big on digital, but the Vita made it surprisingly cheap and easy for me. Which makes the whole account switching trouble even more of a shame, since it could have been so much more. :/

But nice collections!

RalchAC

I would take a pic, but I only have 4 physical game so it wouldn't be as cool. They're Tales of Hearts, Tearaway, Toukiden and Persona 4 Golden. I'm going to sell Toukiden since Kiwami is coming and I'll get something else for my Vita with the trade-in money (some of me own).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax on the upcoming games section? Wasn't that one released a while ago? Also, my humble collection:

Yl8MzD3.jpg

Hoping to add a Steins;Gate LE (pls) and XBlaze: Lost Memories if it comes out!

I would take a pic, but I only have 4 physical game so it wouldn't be as cool. They're Tales of Hearts, Tearaway, Toukiden and Persona 4 Golden. I'm going to sell Toukiden since Kiwami is coming and I'll get something else for my Vita with the trade-in money (some of me own).

Same situation, just four games. Except its Tales of Hearts R, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden, and Danganronpa 2. I'm planning on adding VLR to the mix, but there's no way I'll ever compete with the shelves people are posting :).

SmokyDave

Man I can't help but envy those physical collections. I don't necessarily regret going all digital on Vita, but it would be nice to occasionally glance over at the shelf and see all my Vita games.

Or, I wish they'd provide an option to view my Vita games 'Steam style', where an icon for every title I own is visible, but uninstalled titles are greyed out. I often forget that I own certain titles, so they just sort of 'disappear' into the black hole that is my backlog.

Or, I wish they'd provide an option to view my Vita games 'Steam style', where an icon for every title I own is visible, but uninstalled titles are greyed out. I often forget that I own certain titles, so they just sort of 'disappear' into the black hole that is my backlog.

There should be an elegant way to display your entire collection, 'steam style' as you put it - the 'download list' is just a shambles: looks ugly, no alternate views for release date/publisher/type etc., sluggish to load... it really lets down the notion of owning a digital collection on Vita.

There should be an elegant way to display your entire collection, 'steam style' as you put it - the 'download list' is just a shambles: looks ugly, no alternate views for release date/publisher/type etc., sluggish to load... it really lets down the notion of owning a digital collection on Vita.

My worst regret is buying Motorstorm RC complete edition, now I have 20 pieces of DLCs for both the PS3 and the Vita showing in my download list. I just want the option to at least sort out games and DLCs.

And since we're posting libraries here's mine (sorry for the quality)

Oh boy I'm jealous of those collections. I only have dozen or so games in boxes since i have to sell those that I finished to buy new ones.

Paying credit for your flat suck.

Xenoflare

Why is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax on the upcoming games section? Wasn't that one released a while ago? Also, my humble collection:

Yl8MzD3.jpg

Hoping to add a Steins;Gate LE (pls) and XBlaze: Lost Memories if it comes out!

I really should have preordered Muramasa. I have to complete edition for 20 dollars during the complete edition sales but it's just not the same.

Such of a beautiful game.

Cream

Banned

On Multiple occasions I've had to go through the entire download list of all the games and DLC I've ever bought when I need to redownload things. It sucks.

My worst regret is buying Motorstorm RC complete edition, now I have 20 pieces of DLCs for both the PS3 and the Vita showing in my download list. I just want the option to at least sort out games and DLCs.

Hah, that's small fry compared to some Vita JRPGS which have so much DLC they could probably use a download list all to themselves!

Maid

Banned

I see that you're not playing Idol M@ster.

redcrayon

Beautiful Vita collections!

Mine's mostly digital these days but I've got physical copies of
Ys MoC
Persona 4G
Toukiden
Demon Gaze
Dragon's Crown
Tales of Hearts R
FFX HD
Child of Light
Freedom Wars
Natural Doctrine

taking pride of place on my shelf. Some of the box art for Vita games is pretty sweet too. I think the typography of Natural Doctrine and Child of Light are my favourites so far.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
My Vita retail physical collection in only 4 games long. I have over 100 Vita games. Digital all the way. Conveniencefor the win. Bubbles over boxes.

jonno394

Brilliant thread, convinced me to re-buy a Vita, now to find out how to play my legit UMD backups on it because my PSP screen sucks :hmm:

Brilliant thread, convinced me to re-buy a Vita, now to find out how to play my legit UMD backups on it because my PSP screen sucks :hmm:

And this, my friends, is why Fady K deserves to be paid for this thread. It's more effective than (what probably is) the janitor closet called the "Vita Advertising Department" in the Sony HQ.

My Vita retail physical collection in only 4 games long. I have over 100 Vita games. Digital all the way. Conveniencefor the win. Bubbles over boxes.

My problem (if you could call it that) is that I own so many digital games that its taking up almost all of the 64GB on my card (I'm sure a portion is patches though) so I also buy physically to avoid quickly filling the card up. I do sorta miss the convenience at times of being able to switch to any game on the fly though.

batrush

The convenience of digital will never be greater than the sight of all those little boxes on the shelf. My 32GB card is reserved only for the games I don't want or cannot get in my physical collection.

Fireblend

Banned
So many great games I want already!

- Grim Fandango
- Day of the Tentacle
- Shantae
- Mighty No. 9
- Hyperlight Drifter
- Hatoful Boyfriend (>_>)
- Steinsgate
- Galak-Z
- Timespinner

Tis gonna be a great year for Vita owners :)

So beautiful Vita collections.

My physical collection is: Freedom Wars, Borderlands 2, an empty box of Uncharted Golden Abyss, MGS HD cart and Assassin's Creed III Liberation cart, no boxes of those. Is a strange collection lol

redcrayon

The convenience of digital will never be greater than the sight of all those little boxes on the shelf.
I don't know, I spend a good three hours a day on trains, and my games sit in a box at the back of the wardrobe due to shelf space being something of a valuable commodity at home. Convenience>stuff for me, but I still take my (vastly trimmed down) games collection out for a rummage for something good that I haven't played in ages whenever I finish something new. :D

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really want to know the size and number of the memory cards you use.
Ok so nowhere near every game fits on the memory card. It's not perfect, but it's still better than switching carts and I can still fit quite a lot on there. The stuff I cant fit on there I'm pretty sure I'll never want to play again anyway. But yeah I have a 64gb.

Top Bottom