• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Maid

Banned
Damn you, PQube:

B734iEhIAAIGNVL.jpg

This is getting to be torture, my Vita is screaming for SG!

I want it RIGHT NOW!

Redhood

Good collection Barry, need to add Tales of Hearts R to my collection too, it is getting rare and expensive I hear.

Better do it soon. A seller on ebay from whom I purchased this game for $54.99 has still not shipped my copy even though I paid him two days ago. I was just browsing yesterday only to find he had revised the price to $59.99. Today he revised it again to $69.99 and my copy has still not shipped. If he backs out I am gonna get him good with buyer's protection.

Moobabe

So Citizens of Earth, Atelier Ayesha plus and Joe Danger 2 are out today (in Europe.)

Citizens of Earth is receiving some pretty middle of the road scores - any impressions of the other two yet?

What kind of games do you like other than rhythm/RPG? Maybe I can help you spot a few goodies on the list.

My favourite genres are action, adventure, platformer and RPG.

Vita library atm is: Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Gravity Rush, all physical copies.

Plus a bunch of PS+ and PS1 games.

Labadal

My favourite genres are action, adventure, platformer and RPG.

Vita library atm is: Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Gravity Rush, all physical copies.

Plus a bunch of PS+ and PS1 games.

Have you played Dragon's Crown or Muramasa Rebirth? I know they were PS+ games, but I don't know when you started subbing and if you got those. I guess you could also check out Tales of Hearts R and one of the Monster Hunter style games.

For the future, there's YS8, Oreshika, Cosmic Star heroine and Salt & Sanctuary.

I've missed some games, but you could check out the ones I mentioned.

jonno394

It came

16334682882_93de2850d1.jpg

Just bought Monster Monpiece and Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth on psn. The former is rather enjoyable so far!

What. A. Collection!!! Destroys mine!!

Awesome!!!! Such a nice clean setup for your physical games btw! Very organized.

Thanks, I had to get a proper shelving unit as I ended up getting quite a few Vita games in such a short space of time. Not sure what possessed me to alphabatise them though as its a pain in the ass when I do pick up a new physical game (which is all the time!). My goal now is to actually play through all of them, which is going fairly well. Its just the RPG's that'll take an eternity to finish!

Have you played Dragon's Crown or Muramasa Rebirth? I know they were PS+ games, but I don't know when you started subbing and if you got those. I guess you could also check out Tales of Hearts R and one of the Monster Hunter style games.

For the future, there's YS8, Oreshika, Cosmic Star heroine and Salt & Sanctuary.

I've got Muramasa on Wii, but yeah I'm definitely interested in Dragon's Crown, had forgotten about that.

Not really that into Tales, especially seeing as Hearts is meant to be one of the weaker ones(?).

Hell yea, Salt&Sanctuary looks great...like a mash up of a Souls game and Rondo era Castlevania(maybe?). All over that when it releases.

A couple years ago I never thought "soulslike" would be joining "roguelike" as a niche genre.

Shizuka

I've got Muramasa on Wii, but yeah I'm definitely interested in Dragon's Crown, had forgotten about that.

Not really that into Tales, especially seeing as Hearts is meant to be one of the weaker ones(?).

Not really, it's meant to be one of the strongest ones in recent titles.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yup, Vita version of Monkey Ball was the closest the series has gotten to returning to its roots in a long, loooong time.
The Vita game was brilliant and I only had one big problem with it. The fact the game didn't have a SMB2 like story mode. And by that I don't mean a story. I just mean a game mode where you can go through one level at a time saving after each individual stage. Advanced mode was pretty fucking hard, and being forced to go through it all in one go with limited continues was frustrating and time consuming. I think the stage designs themselves are great, but at the end of the day it was annoying dedicating so much time to a play session, losing all your lives and not getting muc further than you did last time. Plus being forced to do it all in one sitting is counter productive for a handheld game anyway.

I think the game needed an additional game mode where you could just go one level at a time. It would have made it a more enjoyable game for short bursts. It would have been less frustrating to play to completion. It would have meant more people could see the full range of stages the game had to offer. It woud have meant players could just choose to enjoy the challenge of the stage designs themselves instead of also having to fight he frustration of a lives system in time consuming plays. This is the only thing holding the game back for me.

Still gonna be over a week til Demon Gaze arrives, and so I downloaded and started playing Atelier Rorona Plus on my PSTV a little bit last night. So far, I think it's exactly what I need right now, kind of a relaxing and not a serious RPG. I recently started watching K-ON, and while the setting is very different, the tone is the same with the light hearted nature. Kinda digging it though :)

Guys, sorry for the hijack but I'd rather ask here than bump an older Vita thread.

32GB Cards are U$60 currently on Gamespot. I only have a 16GB card and I constantly find myself having to "clean the fridge". Should I take the plunge? I don't expect a price drop anytime soon so I guess that's the cheapest it's going to be for a while.

Again, sorry for the hijack.

2SeeKU

Guys, sorry for the hijack but I'd rather ask here than bump an older Vita thread.

32GB Cards are U$60 currently on Gamespot. I only have a 16GB card and I constantly find myself having to "clean the fridge". Should I take the plunge? I don't expect a price drop anytime soon so I guess that's the cheapest it's going to be for a while.

If you can afford it, save for a 64GB card. I currently have a 32GB and find myself having to clear the fridge too, especially as a PS+ subscriber.

Labadal

I'd bite the bullet and buy a 64GB card for around $80. I'm guessing it will last me for the entire life of the Vita.
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html

If you can afford it, save for a 64GB card. I currently have a 32GB and find myself having to clear the fridge too, especially as a PS+ subscriber.

I'd bite the bullet and buy a 64GB card for around $80. I'm guessing it will last me for the entire life of the Vita.
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html
Thanks guys. I'm also a PS+ subscriber so I think I'll go with this. Will wait a few weeks to see if there are discounts and will then make the move.

Thanks again!

RalchAC

What do you expect for it? I think it's important to say Hearts is a quite traditional JRPG / Tales game.

If you don't care about the world map + dungeons and cities kind of design, fixed camera angles, and random encounters (its rate isn't a problem) you would like it. What it does is done quite well. The story is nothing mindblowing but the characters are good and the game has a lot of charm.

People say the DS game is better, but unless you know Japanese so you can compare both, who cares? The Vita one is good and worth your money.

Stop me if you've heard this one before, but Colin Moriarty once again makes reference to this thread, this time in the last episode of Podcast Beyond. Go to about 52:50 or so (this is specifically for the audio file) and Colin showers yet more praise on the thread.

elohel

This is one of the best lists ever

Felt like I would never stop scrolling lol

Holy hell there are a lot of really awesome looking vita games

JoJoSono

Banned
Share your list of games and we'll help you deciding which ones you should go for first.

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I just want to try.

Metal Gear Solid HD
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Dead or Alive 5+
Persona 4
Ys Memories of Celecta
Tales of Hearts R
Gravity Rush
Senran Kagura SV
Muramasa-Already own Dragon's Crown on PS3
Freedom Wars-Don't like this or Hunting games in general.
Killzone Merecenary
One Piece Unlimited World Red-Don't like this or shounen anime really.

Bought myself a Vita and am looking for some help. I have an existing PSP library and Soul Sacrifice: Delta (which is great). Below is a rough tier list of what I want to grab and skip. What I need help with is where to start with this pile of games.

Tier 1: Buy Nao
Muramasa Rebirth Complete
Gravity Rush
Zero Escape
Celcetta

Tier 2: Buy Later
Brandish
Rayman: Origins: I want to play this before Legends.
Freedom Wars

Tier 3: Possibly Buy
Wipeout Vita
Tearway
Danganronpa: Not even considering until I finish Zero Escape.
Altier: Looks cute as hell and something completely different.

Tier 4: Skip
Persona 4: The social links felt contrived in P3P and I couldn't stand Tartarus. I'll get this when I've exhausted everything else I want.
Demon Gaze: I still have M&M X to go through, don't need another dungeon crawler.
Tales of Hearts: Won't play any game with random encounters, don't have the patience for that anymore.

Shizuka

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I just want to try.

Metal Gear Solid HD
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Dead or Alive 5+
Persona 4
Ys Memories of Celecta
Tales of Hearts R
Gravity Rush
Senran Kagura SV
Muramasa-Already own Dragon's Crown on PS3
Freedom Wars-Don't like this or Hunting games in general.

Killzone Merecenary
One Piece Unlimited World Red-Don't like this or shounen anime really.

Those ones. P4G could be the first, then Ys: Memories of Celceta and Gravity Rush after.

Bought myself a Vita and am looking for some help. I have an existing PSP library and Soul Sacrifice: Delta (which is great). Below is a rough tier list of what I want to grab and skip. What I need help with is where to start with this pile of games.

Tier 1: Buy Nao
Muramasa Rebirth Complete
Gravity Rush
Zero Escape
Celcetta

Tier 2: Buy Later
Brandish
Rayman: Origins: I want to play this before Legends.
Freedom Wars

Tier 3: Possibly Buy
Wipeout Vita
Tearway
Danganronpa: Not even considering until I finish Zero Escape.
Altier: Looks cute as hell and something completely different.

Tier 4: Skip
Persona 4: The social links felt contrived in P3P and I couldn't stand Tartarus. I'll get this when I've exhausted everything else I want.
Demon Gaze: I still have M&M X to go through, don't need another dungeon crawler.
Tales of Hearts: Won't play any game with random encounters, don't have the patience for that anymore.

The bold ones are worth your time.

Audioboxer

Starting chapter 5 of Danganronpa 2, don't want it to end. I hope there will be a 3rd, although as of now I obviously don't know how 2 ends.

No idea what to play after :'(

autoduelist

Rayman Origins is fantastic, and fantastic on vita.

And while I totally understand the Demon Gaze dilemma (I'm currently playing M&MLX)... having a dungeon crawler on your vita is MUCH preferred to pc imo. I'm playing both M&MLX and Mind Zero right now, and even though MM is the superior DRPG, I wish it was on my damn vita.

Starting chapter 5 of Danganronpa 2, don't want it to end. I hope there will be a 3rd, although as of now I obviously don't know how 2 ends.

They've strongly hinted at 3, and there's a spin-off game too, so there should be plenty of Danganronpa in the future.

Damn you, PQube:

B734iEhIAAIGNVL.jpg

This is getting to be torture, my Vita is screaming for SG!

WANT. This seriously can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom