• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Will be here soon guys, got a new job! I have a lot of updates im working on but just wanted to drop a bomb real quick (for the fans in here):

DENGEKI BUNKO CLIMAX IS COMING TO THE VITA IN ENGLISH

Edit - retail too! But digital only in Europe

Awesome! I actually asked in here how likely it was to release in the west and they told me it was very unlikely do to licenses for animes, but now we're getting it :D

Awesome! I actually asked in here how likely it was to release in the west and they told me it was very unlikely do to licenses for animes, but now we're getting it :D

Seriously. I saw a trailer for it, thought it looked fun and hilarious, and immediately dismissed it to the back of my mind because I was sure there was no chance of it ever coming west. I am quite happy to be proven wrong, but I am kind of annoyed/perplexed that this game is getting a physical release, but the Atelier Plus games don't.

Depending on the price and what else is coming out at the same time, I'll consider picking this up.

redcrayon

Will be here soon guys, got a new job! I have a lot of updates im working on but just wanted to drop a bomb real quick (for the fans in here):

DENGEKI BUNKO CLIMAX IS COMING TO THE VITA IN ENGLISH

Edit - retail too! But digital only in Europe
Congrats on the new job Fady, I always look forward to your updates but some things take priority.

Fady K

I was wondering the same thing, but was told that they are different games. DT 2-2 will be a direct sequel of DT2.

Thanks for the info buddy :)

Better do it soon. A seller on ebay from whom I purchased this game for $54.99 has still not shipped my copy even though I paid him two days ago. I was just browsing yesterday only to find he had revised the price to $59.99. Today he revised it again to $69.99 and my copy has still not shipped. If he backs out I am gonna get him good with buyer's protection.

Whoa, very pricey indeed :/!! Did you end up finding a different copy?

My favourite genres are action, adventure, platformer and RPG.

Vita library atm is: Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Gravity Rush, all physical copies.

Plus a bunch of PS+ and PS1 games.

Alright then, here are some suggestions Benzychenz ;D

Since you like both action and adventure games, I highly recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss, easily one of the best playing (and looking) Vita games out and it stands tall in the series as well. Worry not if you haven't played a previous part yet, you can play this.

As for pure action games, Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars are among the more popular action games on the Vita.

Escape Plan is another unique game (playing it now), mostly a puzzle adventure but very charming and fun. Give it a look :D The Swapper is an atmosphere puzzle adventure platformer. Velocity 2X is a 2D platformer that actually won plenty of Vita GOTY awards last year. Murasaki's Baby looks like an awesome platformer too.

Tales from Space is a lovely and charming 2D platformer. On the topic of platformers, LittleBigPlanet Vita is a must. Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate is a very solid platformer.

Since you love platformers and RPGs, here are 2 excellent hybrids of the genres, especially the latter - Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown. One RPG Vita gamers have been enjoying is Tales of Hearts R.

I've been told that Virtue's Last Reward is an excellent adventure game for the system, as is Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse (a point and click adventure game). Lone Survivor is a 2D horror adventure game, same with Home. An adventure game you cannot miss though is Grim Fandango Remastered. That one is a classic.

It came

16334682882_93de2850d1.jpg

Just bought Monster Monpiece and Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth on psn. The former is rather enjoyable so far!

Congrats man!! Hope you're enjoying the latest addition to the family ^^

Thanks, I had to get a proper shelving unit as I ended up getting quite a few Vita games in such a short space of time. Not sure what possessed me to alphabatise them though as its a pain in the ass when I do pick up a new physical game (which is all the time!). My goal now is to actually play through all of them, which is going fairly well. Its just the RPG's that'll take an eternity to finish!

I totally feel you as I place my Vita games in order of release date and when I get an older game on budget price I have to place it somewhere in between and reshuffle my collection haha. I do label my digital games alphabetically though. Yes, RPGs do take forever. Ive been wanting to play some of them, like Xenoblade on my Wii, but the 100+ hour mark puts me off for now.

Pulling the trigger on that Danganranroparanagana game - this better not let me down GAF!

Awesome, i've done the same. Hope we enjoy it! Thank God we didn't lose to City btw! Zouma >>>>>>>> Cahill.

Stop me if you've heard this one before, but Colin Moriarty once again makes reference to this thread, this time in the last episode of Podcast Beyond. Go to about 52:50 or so (this is specifically for the audio file) and Colin showers yet more praise on the thread.

That is awesome <3 So nice to see the thread getting some love! Did you try out Broken Sword 5 on the Vita btw?

This is one of the best lists ever

Felt like I would never stop scrolling lol

Holy hell there are a lot of really awesome looking vita games

Really glad you liked it elohel :D! I hope to publish a new update today that you may enjoy :D

So, God Eater 2 Rage Burst is coming to west after all? Awesome news, GE is the best MH clone ever, even better than MH itself. Gonna sink many hours into this one.

Come on Namco, bring other games too!

Very promising news 18-Volt, here's hoping it gets announced!

my collection

the rest are digital

Nice collection Joe, love the Danganronpa LE boxes.

Fady K

2KMxr9i.png

WRC 5 is coming to Vita. A bit surprising since Kylotton Games are developing this one instead of Milestone, who were pretty experienced with the Vita (WRC 3, 4, Moto GP, MUD etc.)

Thanks for sharing this Infernal Monkey, added to the list. Strange about Milestone not developing it. Wonder what they are working on instead.

I just want to say thank you to OP and all contributors for showing me where all of my money will be going in 2015

Thank you for the lovely words mrmook, appreciated!! Hope you enjoy the next update, plenty of stuff to show!

any news on risk of rain on vita? :/

Not yet, but don't be surprised if a release date gets announced before the actual release by a few weeks at most ;D

Namco has just postedan English subtitled trailer for God Eater 2 Burst Rage. Asian version will be subtitled only in Chinese but this trailer could also mean an English language Asian version is on the way. And that, in turn, could mean western version is on the way.

Even more promising signs :D Gooood, goooooood :D

(Also: yay, my first GAF post!)

Happy to have your first post in this thread :D

Shame Orangepixel never bought Heroes of Loot to the PS Vita and I have my doubts at this point they ever will; at least they ported over Gunslugs. I also didn't even catch LEGO: Shadow of Ronin in the OP, I'll definitely be grabbing that up.

I'm sure we'll get it later this year, maybe Q3/Q4.

Good shit, looks like I can hold off until then.

I wish Square Enix would release their games in the west, the Chaos Rings prequel trilogy, the mana game and the Agito FF game. They might be on mobile as well but I would actually play them with buttons.

I'd love to get Rise of Mana though with the announcement of a new SaGa game that's where most of my hopes for a localization lie.

Alright then, here are some suggestions Benzychenz ;D

Since you like both action and adventure games, I highly recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss, easily one of the best playing (and looking) Vita games out and it stands tall in the series as well. Worry not if you haven't played a previous part yet, you can play this.

As for pure action games, Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars are among the more popular action games on the Vita.

Escape Plan is another unique game (playing it now), mostly a puzzle adventure but very charming and fun. Give it a look :D The Swapper is an atmosphere puzzle adventure platformer. Velocity 2X is a 2D platformer that actually won plenty of Vita GOTY awards last year. Murasaki's Baby looks like an awesome platformer too.

Tales from Space is a lovely and charming 2D platformer. On the topic of platformers, LittleBigPlanet Vita is a must. Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate is a very solid platformer.

Since you love platformers and RPGs, here are 2 excellent hybrids of the genres, especially the latter - Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown. One RPG Vita gamers have been enjoying is Tales of Hearts R.

I've been told that Virtue's Last Reward is an excellent adventure game for the system, as is Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse (a point and click adventure game). Lone Survivor is a 2D horror adventure game, same with Home. An adventure game you cannot miss though is Grim Fandango Remastered. That one is a classic.

Wow thank you so much for this post <3

Uncharted was already on my list, but it's not a high priority for me, I've played 1 and 2 and think the series is just 'ok'.

I've looked at both Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars but idk, aren't they both kinda 'Monser Hunter lite' games? I don't really like wasting my time with anything but the real thing.

Escape Plan, The Swapper and Velocity 2X I have via PS+ :D Only one I've played at all is Velocity which was decent.

I'd actually forgotten about Tales from Space, I've been recommended that before.

Muramasa and Dragon's Crown are both on my list. I own Muramasa on Wii so no rush to get that, and I'm trying to track down an AU copy of Dragon's Crown atm.

Tales isn't really my thing, too generic anime for me.

And Virtue's Last Reward I definitely want to play. Recently bought 999 on DS so will do that first. Trying to find an AU copy of VLR as well though.

Bummed the two Vita games I'm looking forward to the most (Hotline Miami 2 and Salt and Sanctuary) still don't have release dates in place :/

Uncharted was already on my list, but it's not a high priority for me, I've played 1 and 2 and think the series is just 'ok'.

I've looked at both Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars but idk, aren't they both kinda 'Monser Hunter lite' games? I don't really like wasting my time with anything but the real thing.
(...)
And Virtue's Last Reward I definitely want to play. Recently bought 999 on DS so will do that first. Trying to find an AU copy of VLR as well though.

I agree with your opinion on Uncharted, I only played Golden Abyss which was an alright game.

I have not played Freedom Wars, but Soul Sacrifice is unique with great lore and story. The DEMO of the game lasts more than 10 hours I think, and my impressions are based on the demo. At anywhere except NA, the remake of the game (it's called Soul Sacrifice Delta) is digital-only, so keep that in mind. Highly recommended, and in my opinion it is worth praise and a reputation of its own.

For me, Escape Plan was underwhelming: It was repetitive.

Virtue's Last Reward is my favorite game of all time. 999 is the runner-up. They're an amazing series, and I'm glad you're not one of those people who played VLR before 999. I hope you enjoy the games, and I'd recommend playing 999 first out of all the games you listed. Once you get sucked in, it'll be difficult to put down the game nonetheless.

For me, Escape Plan was underwhelming: It was repetitive.

Escape Plan is a weird one for me. I got it for free back when the Vita launched but the touch controls annoyed me enough to stop playing it. I then downloaded it for free when the PS4 launched and actually enjoyed it a lot more thanks to the better controls. Its a decent puzzle game for the most part, a couple of bits are still annoying though. I never did finish the directors cut levels...

Escape Plan is a weird one for me. I got it for free back when the Vita launched but the touch controls annoyed me enough to stop playing it. I then downloaded it for free when the PS4 launched and actually enjoyed it a lot more thanks to the better controls. Its a decent puzzle game for the most part, a couple of bits are still annoying though. I never did finish the directors cut levels...

In fact, there are now button controls for the Vita (for Lil and Laarg at least) and the game is remarkably easy to play that way.

after a two month or so absence, I decided to NOT get a New 3DS and instead fall in love with my Vita all over again (^_____^)

Even bought retail Freedom Wars to celebrate!

Gonna have to post my collection soon :)

Steel

Banned

Not at all, only thing they have in common is mission structure. Both actually have decent narratives, both have some unique and compelling gameplay. Freedom Wars in particular is more of a third person shooter than anything, while Soul Sacrifice is more of an ARPG.

kurahador

Just bought myself a 2k Vita. So...how does its internal memory works? Does the vita automatically switch to memory card when I put one in?

And wow the screen isn't bad at all. Those screen comparison videos on youtube really made it looks worse than it really is. It's than 1k lighter too.
Should've bought this one instead of 1k early last year.

Fady K

An hours work repurposing that site:

3GOPCcZl.jpg

Like i said, actually adding the games is the time consuming part :(

Wow, incredible work the androgyne! Sony should really do something like this.

Came to see what was added to the OP and my phone crashed trying to load it. Vita has no games guys remember that.

Sorry it crashed your phone bro! I tried resizing images at one point to medium but they appeared too small on desktop computers (fine on cellphones though).

Many thanks for this thread! It was really useful.

You are most welcome Bess! Glad you're enjoying it. Stick around for updates every now and then :) There will be plenty!

Anyone else playing Grim Fandango: Remastered? So far it is pretty fun. I am using the camera-relative controls (how I played it the first time on PC) and it is working well. The game looks great and the dialogue is just as great as I remembered. There have been a few problems where the commentary cuts out but so far no real issues with the gameplay. I still can't believe that I am playing a remastered version of Grim Fandango on a portable in 2015. Teenage me would not have been able to fathom it.

Me neither man, me neither. Incredible times.

'This is the police', adventure/strategy title with Vita stretch goal on kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43328422/this-is-the-police

What a unique looking game. Starring the voice of Duke Nukem too haha. Thanks for sharing this redcrayon, I'll be integrating it into the update and list :)

UNACCEPTABLE. Unsubscribed.

(Thanks for updating this thread Fady. Sony should be paying you a wage for all your Vita promotion. Or at the very least, name the console after you. 'Hey, check out this cool game on my Fady K!')

Haha! I've been taking forever -_-!! I should go for more frequent and smaller updates in the near future :D Hope you are enjoying gaming on your Fady K hahaha.

Looking forward to it matey!

Crossing fingers for today!! Hope you enjoy it bro :D!

Looks like we are going to get more details regarding Makai Shin Trillion this week according to Dengeki's 583rd issue.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/992/992392/

Looking forward to more NIS craziness!

I love NIS. Their Vita support is fantastic! One of the best Vita publishers by far.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend will also come to Vita.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-also-coming-ps-vita

Finally new info! The first screens seemed promising.

Thanks for sharing Zhao_Yun! Vita is becoming a great platform for fighting games!

This looks pretty cool, Badland: GOTY edition on all playstation platforms.

I've played it on iPad, you control a little flying monster and evade traps and hazards, there's a good bit of variety throughout.

They've redesigned it for controller play, and put it together as a one-price-gets-you-everything package (originally it had IAP).

There's a nice trailer and more details here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/29/badland-game-year-edition-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita/

This was really awesome on the iPad. Great addition to the Vita library :D We should be hitting 400 upcoming games by midyear ;D

It looks like AeternoBlade will release to the vita, in the US store at least. There is a ESRB rating and a trailer in the US.

Demo hit today too! Another game to be localized :)

I wish Square Enix would release their games in the west, the Chaos Rings prequel trilogy, the mana game and the Agito FF game. They might be on mobile as well but I would actually play them with buttons.

What puzzles me is the fact that Chaos Rings is already out in English anyway (on iOS and Android devices I believe); shouldn't take too much work.

That's good news, I've already got the Japan version so I'll probably ignore the USA version since the story is absolutely ridiculous. Glad to see more of these games are getting English releases though.

Yes ;D Never would have imagined this one to cross over!

One more port from BlitWorks. We hope you like it when it comes out!

You work for BlitWorks? That's awesome! I love your Vita work, thank you and your team very much!

This is amazing news! More fighting games on Vita, better!

But it's also sad too. I'm gonna feel bad playing as Valkyria Chronicles characters but not actual VC3. I hope SEGA gets smarter and ports (or better, remaster) the third game to Vita.

Oh man, would be AMAZING to have a Valkyria game in English on the Vita:[

after a two month or so absence, I decided to NOT get a New 3DS and instead fall in love with my Vita all over again (^_____^)

I must have taken 6 and am now playing full force again. Been playing Borderlands 2 for the last week or so and have several newer games now in my Backlog.

I love this little system, wish it were more popular

Fady K

I would have said the same as the game is loaded with different licenses, at least that's what I thought :p Can't believe SEGA is bringing it over.

Congrats on the new job Fady, I always look forward to your updates but some things take priority.

Thank you so much redcrayon, very kind of you bro :)! It's been like 2 weeks since the last update or so, itching to work on more frequent updates on a weekly basis before the middle of the week where new games come out on the platform. That's what I'm aiming for bro :)

They lied, La-Mulana EX didn't come out in January. :(

http://la-mulana-p.com/en/

Reportedly coming this month for sure!

qG0ju5h.png

Escape Plan, The Swapper and Velocity 2X I have via PS+ :D Only one I've played at all is Velocity which was decent.

I'd actually forgotten about Tales from Space, I've been recommended that before.

Muramasa and Dragon's Crown are both on my list. I own Muramasa on Wii so no rush to get that, and I'm trying to track down an AU copy of Dragon's Crown atm.

Tales isn't really my thing, too generic anime for me.

You are most welcome Benzychenz :)

Ah, in that case I think Uncharted will be alright for you, nothing special since you didn't really love the first two.

I have yet to play them much but from what I hear they are quite different to Monster Hunter, we have a lot of fans of both series on this thread so maybe they can shed more light on this.

Yes, Tales from Space is indeed a good one, charming and from the makers of the great, great Guacamalee :D

People say VLR is incredible and a very worthy follow up to 999. Like you I played 999 and I look forward to VLR someday :)

Virtue's Last Reward is my favorite game of all time. 999 is the runner-up. They're an amazing series, and I'm glad you're not one of those people who played VLR before 999. I hope you enjoy the games, and I'd recommend playing 999 first out of all the games you listed. Once you get sucked in, it'll be difficult to put down the game nonetheless.

Wow, great to hear as I really, really enjoyed 999 and I was completely lost when I got the true ending - I am lost to this day about it :(

AgentOtaku, I've read your posts on GAF for *years*. (I've been a gaf member for almost 10 years now). Nice to see you here bro! Congrats on your newfound Vita love and let us know if you need any updates/recommendations :)

You guys won't regret it.

Awesome :D My wife said the start to the game was slow but she is getting into it now ^^

Just bought myself a 2k Vita.

Congrats on your new Vita kurahador :)

Thanks OP really useful list, i'll be keeping this handy for a quick-look over now and again.

You are most welcome grimdeath999 :D More to come! Glad it could be of help to you :D

Yus, Vita is saved. I've been wanting a reason to pick up my vita again and some of these games look like it.

Trust me, there's plenty more to come ;D Just keep an eye out for the upcoming update to see the scope of things coming out in the following weeks/months :D

Thanks for sharing this 18-Volt. Will add to the list and update. Loving the 32-bit look of the game!

Talax

If that Japan only list gets all translated, I'd never have time for any other console ever again.

And why is dengeki climax Japan only? I thought localisation was announced.

Fady K

Update time :D!

NEW RELEASES

Criminal Girls: Invite Only (Pub - NIS America / Dev - ImageEpoch / A dark JRPG from the Disgaea publishers)
Criminal-Girls-West-2015.jpg

Kick & Fennik (Dev - Jaywalkers Interactive / A 2D platformer with a sci-fi twist visually starring a young boy / Exclusive)
JDtZ93Z.jpg

Reel Fishing: Master's Challenge (Dev - Natsume / The biggest game yet in the fishing series)
UfmrL8J.png

Spongebob Heropants (Pub - Activision / Dev - Behaviour Interactive / The latest Spongebob game on the Vita casts him as a muscular hero)
Adrr9cp.png

Nihilumbra (Dev - Beautifun Games / A dark & gloomy 2D platformer starring a blob of ooze where you use colors to impact the levels and progress)
eBzotwJ.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 2 - Sisters Generation (Pub - Idea Factory / Dev - Compile Heart / The updated version of the 2nd game in the idea factory JRPG series)
Zg1kudZ.jpg

Best of Arcade Games (Dev - EKO Software / A collection of 4 arcade games: brick breaker, tetraminos, bubble buster and air hockey)
56U5K3P.jpg

Citizens of Earth (Pub - Atlus / Dev - Eden Industries / RPG inspired by Earthbound where you play as a Vice President fresh off a campaign victory)
7ntu6cs.png

Grim Fandango Remastered (Dev - Double Fine / The updated version of possibly the best adventure game of all time from back in 1998. This is simply a must for all adventure gamers and will doubtlessly be one of the Vita's best games of the year. A must.)
u5R4b1z.jpg

Euro-gamers rejoice! Konami's classic RPGs Suikoden, Suikoden II are available for download on the Vita. Enjoy!
suikoden-suikoden-ii.jpg

COMING SOON!

Jungle Rumble: Freedom, Happiness & Bananas (Dev - Disco Pixel / Rhythm game + RTS hybrid in which the player drums on the screen to control a tribe of monkeys)
dbrxFae.jpg

Time Avenger (AKA Aeterno Blade / Dev by Corecell Technology / Sidescrolling game)
QrA3AMZ.jpg

Minutes (Dev - Red Phantom Games / Action puzzle bullet hell shooter)
yzYB6b2.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy , the upcoming dungeon crawler that is being brought over to the west thanks to NIS America, will be officially released in April 14th (NA regions) and April 17th (EU regions). Here's a new trailer and screens:
20150121105221.jpg

20150121112957.jpg

20150121102417.jpg

* IA/VT Colorful is confirmed for a summer 2015 release in Japan. Here's a trailer for you.
1_3_thumb.png

* Persona 4 dancing all night will be officially hitting Japan on June 25, Atlus announced.
ws000075_thumb.jpg

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Swiss solo developer Christian Schnellman is working on a PS Vita game called Paneuropa - a split-screen game for one player. You read that right, a split-screen game for one player. You'll have to watch the trailer to get an idea about how it works. It may even hit this month, through PS Mobile on the PS Vita.
G0zhBrI.jpg

*The lovely iOS hit Badland (thanks REDCRAYON :D) from Frogmind Games is coming to the Vita with many extras too, hence the sub Game of the Year Edition. Why GOTY? Because it actually picked up a few major GOTY awards on the iOS/Android categories. The 2D puzzle platformer will have all the content released in updates over the years, including some 100 single-player levels, 100 co-op stages, and 27 multiplayer deathmatch stages.
Have a look at the trailer!
EStQDZK.jpg

*Japanese indie studio Miracle Positive is making a sandbox action RPG by the name of Airship Q from publisher Cygames. You play as a cat-person on another planet on a quest to turn back into a human and go back home to Earth. The airship is featured heavily in the game and you can constantly upgrade it with materials you find throughout the game's worlds. The game has been compared to Terraria. Check out the teaser trailer.
TKsuUEM.jpg

*Are you a fan of the LEGO videogames? Great news for you then, as series developer Traveller's Tales are working on TWO new Lego games for the Vita. LEGO Jurassic World and LEGO Avengers . LEGO Jurassic World will not just focus on the upcoming movie of the same name, but will span the original trilogy as well. LEGO Avengers will be based on the original hit movie as well as the upcoming sequel Age of Ultron.
Vxt5SPl.png

tyQOuMU.png

*Bandai Namco games is working on a Vita adventure RPG based on the anime series Tokyo Ghoul called Tokyo Ghoul Masquerader .
xh65r4J.jpg

* Scram Kitty DX is an upgraded version of the WiiU shooter-platformer coming to the Vita. In addition to the main game, the Vita will have an all new challenge mode (supported by leaderboards too). It will be cross buy/save with the PS4 version as well. Here's a small trailer for it.
bklVsAu.png

*Fighting gamers rejoice, even more fighting goodness coming to the Vita in the form of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend . The Vita version will come out in Japan on the same day as the console versions, April 23rd.
8QNyBzb.jpg

*SystemSoft Alpha announced Daisenryaku Exceed II for the Vita, to be released on April 29th, 2015 in Japan. It is a turn based strategy game based on the PS2 game Daisenryaku VII: Exceed from way back in 2006. This version features maps, weapons and battle scenes rendered in 3D for the first time in this series.
tGisN4S.jpg

* Drift Stage is a retro racer inspired by Daytona USA and Outrun that is coming to the Vita (thanks 18-VOLT!) from Super System Softworks. Here's a little trailer.
287202-h1.jpg

FREE PS+ VITA GAMES FOR FEBRUARY

JDtZ93Z.jpg

w7GIfOo.jpg

LOCALIZATION NEWS

*One of the biggest megatons in previous weeks for the Vita was the localization announcement of SEGA's amazing looking fighting game, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax . As if that wasn't shocking enough, the game will be available on retail (NA only so far, still hitting other regions digitally). Here is the announcement trailer. Be sure to check out the excellent and detailed preview up at the PS Blog.
yZfRahh.jpg

*Japanese publisher (specializing in indie games) Playism is brining an award winning 2D platformer by the name of TorqueL to the Vita (developed by FullPowerSideAttack). Though the game is already out on Japanese Vitas, the localized version is a new announcement.

As per pocketgame.co.uk: "It's a 2D platformer in which you roll a guy inside a square over lava pits, around moving machines, and up to high ledges across 50 chambers."

YmYp6Ob.jpg

*Looks like AeternoBlade (aka Time Avenger in Japan) will be localized - SOON (thanks SHINRIJI :D). The demo is out now in English :D
QrA3AMZ.jpg

NEW MEDIA

*The upcoming spiritual successor to the incredible horror game from back in the mid 90s Clock Tower, Night Cry has a new batch of screenshots and a gameplay trailer. (Of the PC version I believe!) . While it may be looking a bit rough, keep in mind this is still early days for the game and it is coming from an all star team (director of the original and excellent Clock Tower, creature art from Silent Hill 2's artist, music composers from Castlevania Symphony of the Night and the Metal Gear Solid series, Cocreated by the director of the japanese horror film The Grudge, art director of FFXIV and more.)
c461912b2aa13845eac403efdce788d2_large.png

349997ef8c78dc9b7dab5eaca1b35adc_large.png

84202b2fbe23376179e0f943e2f0b92c_large.jpg

170dc117138856fe964fdb3a47d2b897_large.png
(PC Version?)
708x395xNightCry-7-708x395.png.pagespeed.ic.xlc6YJP9WWgiz4hnyJb8.jpg

night-cry-screen-4.jpg

night-cry-screen-5.jpg

*Here is a new video for the start of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus , scheduled for a late March release in Japan. Here is a new trailer for the game as well.
Zl2JClq.jpg

*The pyro-roguelike game Flame Over has a lengthy new 10 minute Let's Play video for those interested at a deeper look at the game. The game is scheduled to launch sometime this month!
flameover-1.jpg

*Horror gamers on the Vita, rejoice, for we finally have an update on one of the upcoming horror games on the platform by the name of Forgotten Memories from Psychoz Interactive. The game harkens back to the PS1/PS2 survival horror era. AppSpy has posted a lengthy gameplay video (here it is!). Should hit sometime this year :D
jZGyWA3.png

*THE Skateboarding series on the Vita (possibly the only one) is OlliOlli. Thankfully, it is fantastic and the sequel, OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood , is looking even better. Check out the new trailer for it.
czFHthz.jpg

* Flem should be hitting the Vita real soon and here is a new gameplay trailer for it. Felm is a hardcore 2D platformer with an emphasis on speedrunning.
OOBmVt3.jpg

* Operation Babel , the sequel to the west-bound Operation Abyss, has a new preview up at Siliconera detailing the battle system and more.. Check out this new trailer.
image_thumb42.png

*Plenty of new stuff on God Eater 2: Rage Burst ! First up, a new trailer!. Secondly, a demo is scheduled for Japanese Vitas *today*, and the data can be carried onto the game. Thirdly, ANOTHER trailer - BUT - with English subtitles :0!! (hope rising) - the name Rage Burst is was trademarked in Europe recently by Bandai Namco, and lastly, for those interested in the series, you'll be happy to know that the anime is scheduled to begin airing this summer.
godrb2_thumb.jpg

* Sword Art Online: Lost Song has plenty of new info that was shared recently: new info on the battle system, characters and online mode which can hold up to 16 people in the lobby. All credit to Siliconera.com. Here's a new trailer detailing the online mode among other things.
saols_150128680x383_thumb.jpg

011_thumb6.jpg

014_thumb4.jpg

023_thumb.jpg

saols_1501296_thumb.jpg

*Here are new screens for the upcoming Toukiden Kimawi :
1900727_10152961190986163_6480291832352925229_o.jpg

10930777_10152961190781163_2159260991485113697_o.jpg

1979241_10152961190666163_5661130280411229311_o.jpg

10926176_10152961190061163_2338022806680533660_o.jpg

*Here's a new look at the Infinite Castle Survival Mode in Samurai Warriors 4-II .
Cchz7cd.jpg

*Here are new screenshots of the beautiful looking hToL#NiQ: The Firefly Diaries for the Vita from NIS America.
20141021113618.png

20141021114941.png

20141021114646.png

20141021115423.png

*Here are new screens from The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky Evolution :
fcevo21.jpg

fcevo03.jpg

fcevo17.jpg

fcevo19.jpg

fcevo09.jpg

*New screens from Bandai Namco's upcoming One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 :
pwar3_11_thumb.jpg

pwar3_01.jpg

pwar3_02.jpg

pwar3_04.jpg

pwar3_06.jpg

*Don't know if you guys recall the upcoming Vita game Cross Ange (based on an anime series but with a different plot, a mix of visual novel adventure and flying mech action). Here are some screens of the game, previously not shown. (Here's a trailer too!)
crossa03.jpg

crossa06.jpg

crossa10.jpg

*New screens from Mighty no. 9 :
no8_13.png

no8_04.png

no8_01.png

no8_07.png

* Destroyer Trillion , the upcoming Vita game from Compile Heart has been quiet for some time, but now there is plenty of new info. Here's Siliconera with the goods! (Thanks for the headsup SITRUS!)
trillion_basic2_150203_thumb.jpg

trillion_basic3_150203_thumb.jpg

trillion_basic4_150203_thumb.jpg

basic_omoi_thumb.jpg

*New screens of Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed :
Hyperdimension-Neptunia-U-Action-Unleashed_2015_02-04-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Hyperdimension-Neptunia-U-Action-Unleashed_2015_02-04-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

*New screens of Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart :
Hyperdevotion-Noire-Goddess-Black-Heart_2015_02-04-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

Hyperdevotion-Noire-Goddess-Black-Heart_2015_02-04-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

Hyperdevotion-Noire-Goddess-Black-Heart_2015_02-04-15_007.jpg_600.jpg

*Here are 2 new gameplay videos from J-Star Victory VS+ (the first videos in English so far!)
J-Stars-Victory-VS-English-First-Init.jpg

LIMITED EDITIONS

* Senran Kagura: Estival Versus is getting quite the limited collector's edition. It will include an artbook set, chibi figures and a drama CD.
l_54bdf6f5bd025.jpg

* Persona 4: Dancing All Night will have both a special collector's edition and a special Vita bundle when it hits Japan on June 25, 2015.
tdttD2km.jpg

RxLJvVWm.jpg

P4D-Dated-JP_Box_003.png

* Hypderdevotion Noire: Black Goddess Heart is getting a limited edition that will feature a copy of the game, a large wallscroll, an illustration book, a collector's box and a reversible sleeve art.
Noire-PSV-LE-Ann-Iffy.jpg

* Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy is getting a limited edition set containing a soundtrack and art book.
oa_pe_2.jpg

GAME INFO

*Looking forward to MLB 15: The Show ? You'll be happy to hear of some of the new updates for the Vita version. If you owned MLB 14 there will be some usage of the data in MLB 15 thanks to the Year-to-Year save feature meaning you'll be able to continue your Franchise and Road to the Show progress without starting over. Other new features as per the PS Blog:

Playstation Blog said:
Franchise Mode Refresh

With the addition of General Manager Contracts, you now have to consider Ownership Expectations when running your team, and your performance will determine the job offers that come your way. Building a championship-caliber team is more fun and dynamic than ever before, with the new Performance-based Player Progression, as well as much improved Trade and Contract logic. Partner up with Brand Sponsors, giving your broadcast elements an official sponsor and earn some extra dough to spend on your team.

Directional Hitting Interface

Featured for the first time in MLB 15 The Show is the new Directional Hitting interface, which allows you to influence the direction of your hits in real-time while you swing. Using the L-Stick, you can attempt to influence fly balls, ground balls, pushed hits, pulled hits, or any of those in combination.

Legends

We partnered with the MLB Player&#8217;s Alumni Association to make a total of 30 Legends playable in MLB 15 The Show. Collect an entire MLB team, and you&#8217;ll unlock an iconic alumni player from that team. There&#8217;s one from each team, and though you&#8217;ll have to find or unlock the card to slot them into your Dynasty squad, you can simply opt in to utilizing the whole pool of Legends in your Franchise mode.

The game is scheduled to launch on March 31st.

GcLymHi.jpg

* Jungle Rumble will be hitting the Vita very soon (Set for February 10th!). Here's the new story trailer.
dbrxFae.jpg

*The upcoming Japanese dating game from Compile Heart, Date A Live will actually have two games in one. Players will get Date-A-Live: Rinne Utopia plus the sequel Date-A-Live: Ars Install. The Vita version will also contain a new After Story mode.

qsmc5ZJ.jpg

If that Japan only list gets all translated, I'd never have time for any other console ever again.

And why is dengeki climax Japan only? I thought localisation was announced.

Thanks for the comment mate, fixed it now :)

redcrayon

Great update, cheers Fady!

With regard to Suikoden II, while it's now out on the EU store, currently you can't download it directly to a Vita, although you can to a PS3. Konami are aware of the issue according to their EU twitter account, and are working to resolve it. No timescale yet though.

marcincz

Guys tell me one thing.
I have internet connection and all my consoles in basement, but on attic where I live and sleep I haven't. So if I download Rogue Legacy on my Vita from PS plus and next I'll start playing in basement, may I continue to play in this game without net connection on my attic?

New Vita owner, so be polite. :)

Shinriji

Guys tell me one thing.
I have internet connection and all my consoles in basement, but on attic where I live and sleep I haven't. So if I download Rogue Legacy on my Vita from PS plus and next I'll start playing in basement, may I continue to play in this game without net connection on my attic?

New Vita owner, so be polite. :)

Yes, you can.

Guys tell me one thing.
You can continue to play the game without an active internet connection although the cloud save games would of course not be synchronized.

Valkyria

Banned
Awesome job Fady. There are a lot of good looking games coming.

That anime mecha game reminds me in a way to Panzer Dragoon.

Thx for those posts Fady.

I feel like whenever you post something like the above, I learn of a slew of new titles or gain interest in ones I initially passed on.

Top Bottom