• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Thanks for the update Fady, quite a few games that I'd not heard of on that list. Weirdly enough the one I'm most interested in is Imagination is the Only Escape. It sort of reminds me of Valiant Hearts from Ubisoft (a game that would be perfect for the Vita). I'm hoping that it'll be a similar style of game to that, if so I'd be very interested. I'd be interested to see just how they cover such a dark subject matter.

Yasumi

Banned
Something tells me that if Season 2 which will premier in March on Nicktoons does well it will come. It's all about dickriding that train folks.
I don't know, it seems more likely they'd announce it when the new Adventure anime comes out over here, since they're both targeted to older Digimon fans.

Hey Fady, just want to throw some more appreciation your way for all your work in this thread. It's a real labour of love for you, I can tell, and I and many others certainly appreciate all the effort. I'm most looking forwards to Assault Android Cactus and Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!

Fave Five Vita Games:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Rogue Legacy
Velocity 2X
Gravity Rush
WipEout 2048

Still so much to play though, thanks to PS+ I have about 100 Vita games, most of them untouched. :X

Also, this is my first post on NeoGAF. A most fitting thread for it indeed (I wasn't expecting to be able to post - I checked an old email address for the first time in over a year to find out I was activated in December 2013...oops).
Welcome to GAF!!!!

redcrayon

I'm going to spend so much money on my Vita in the next couple of months, this year is looking fantastic already.

Actually I'm really glad the Vita releases of Axiom Verge and RE Revelations 2 are coming a bit later, just to space things out a bit! I want to make sure I give Hotline Miami, Toukiden Kiwami, Oreshika and Helldivers the time they deserve :)

redcrayon

It's a shame there's not more sim games on Vita. SimCity, The Sims, Black and White, Game Dev Story, anything like that would be great for Vita.
Yeah, that would be cool. More strategy/tactics games too, that's why I'm so excited for Liege and Space Hulk.

The Vita, at the moment, is a lovely reminder of when games were about a variety of exciting ideas, rather than filling up bars and online multiplayer. I realise this is almost entirely a side-effect of encouraging indie development for the PS4/PSV having saved Vita's hide somewhat, but still.

I was playing The Swapper a few weeks back and ended up staring out of the window on my commute, thinking about the ending. That's the first time I've done that since P4G. :)

Yeah, that would be cool. More strategy/tactics games too, that's why I'm so excited for Liege and Space Hulk.

The Vita, at the moment, is a lovely reminder of when games were about a variety of exciting ideas, rather than filling up bars and online multiplayer. I realise this is almost entirely a side-effect of encouraging indie development for the PS4/PSV having saved Vita's hide somewhat, but still.

I was playing The Swapper a few weeks back and ended up staring out of the window on my commute, thinking about the ending. That's the first time I've done that since P4G. :)

Ah, Space Hulk is coming? That's intense.

Seriously though, we'll probably never get a straight up port of The Sims 2 and that makes me sad.

Any news on Digimon Cyber Sleuth comin over?

No, but I think it'll happen eventually. People won't shut the fuck up about it on the BuildingTheList page, so if Namco are hesitant to localise it then Sony will carry the burden for them. Sony's been all about that good will lately.

No, but I think it'll happen eventually. People won't shut the fuck up about it on the BuildingTheList page, so if Namco are hesitant to localise it then Sony will carry the burden for them. Sony's been all about that good will lately.

Could you elaborate on "lately"?

The Vita version of Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype is due out this month in Europe and America! Then April in Japan maybe.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/572168032946028544

EVIOqD8.jpg

n5Tbtxp.jpg

So excited for this!

Can anyone help me try to find a indie game. I remember seeing a couple interviews with the dev around E3 last year. It was a side scrolling beat em upper like Streets of Rage and Double Dragon. It also had RPG elements I believe and it was coming to Vita. I know this probably doesn't help but I remember in his interview he was talking about coming from a poor background and gaming was his release and he started developing himself. I have not heard any news on it since and I can't remember the game now. :(

Takao

Banned
Can anyone help me try to find a indie game. I remember seeing a couple interviews with the dev around E3 last year. It was a side scrolling beat em upper like Streets of Rage and Double Dragon. It also had RPG elements I believe and it was coming to Vita. I know this probably doesn't help but I remember in his interview he was talking about coming from a poor background and gaming was his release and he started developing himself. I have not heard any news on it since and I can't remember the game now. :(

Treachery In Beatdown City: https://twitter.com/beatdown_city

It was supposed to be released as a PlayStation Mobile title, but I guess those plans have changed. Right now it's just for PC/Mac.

redcrayon

Can't wait for the Vita version of Shovel Knight with the Plague Knight campaign included next month. I'll be double digging on that, fantastic game. I heartily recommend it even to people who are growing tired of platformers- it's made with so much heart and humour that it's adorable.

redcrayon

In the review thread people reviewing the vita version say its a mess with 4 players, seems like a half assed port, not bothering buying it.
Yeah, it's really disappointing. It was the apparently half-arsed single-player that has killed my interest in it though.

ultra7k

Slightly off topic, but I'm now approaching the point where I need to decide what I'm going to do with some games on my 32gb card. Running out of space, and I mean, I do have games on there that I don't play, but if I delete them, do the save files go out the window with the game data?

maouvin

Slightly off topic, but I'm now approaching the point where I need to decide what I'm going to do with some games on my 32gb card. Running out of space, and I mean, I do have games on there that I don't play, but if I delete them, do the save files go out the window with the game data?

For Vita games, yes (don't know for PSP/PSOne titles). You should copy them to your PC/PS3 (it copies the game+save), or upload the saves to the cloud if you have PS+.

Yes, the save data is tied to the game for Vita titles. You can back up the save data on the PS+ cloud, or for a more long-term solution, back up the entire game (which includes save data) to your PC or PS3 using Content Manager. You can restore the game and the save data without redownloading from PSN that way, too.

Shinriji

FROM JP MAGAZINES

- The fruit of Grisaia Spinoff: Mahou Shoujo Chiru Chiru Michiru
- Venus Project: F2P Idol Management (Galat)

Shizuka

FROM JP MAGAZINES

- The fruit of Grisaia Spinoff: Mahou Shoujo Chiru Chiru Michiru
- Venus Project: F2P Idol Management (Galat)

Weird to see Michiru. Sekai Project is porting that game to the Vita on their own, now the japanese are doing it too.

ultra7k

Yes, the save data is tied to the game for Vita titles. You can back up the save data on the PS+ cloud, or for a more long-term solution, back up the entire game (which includes save data) to your PC or PS3 using Content Manager. You can restore the game and the save data without redownloading from PSN that way, too.

Ah nice that's good to know. Thanks.

I don't imagine there's a way to manage PS+ Cloud storage from the Vita is there?

Ah nice that's good to know. Thanks.

I don't imagine there's a way to manage PS+ Cloud storage from the Vita is there?

Actually, the Content Manager app on the Vita does allow you to access the Online Storage for all your games in a list. Pretty handy if you want to do bulk transfers.

dugdug

Banned
If you're into horror games I highly recommend getting the Silent Hill portable games (Origins is a basic but really good portable rendition of a Silent Hill game, Shattered Memories is a different take on the first game but awesome on the Vita) plus the Corpse Party games are a must (visual novel/adventure japanese-horror games). Also, be sure to check out Lone Survivor!

Have you played SH: Origins on Vita specifically? I know there's that PS3 to Vita work-around, but, does that work on Origins? I'm about to buy it, but, I don't have a PSP anymore and want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

Thanks!

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I'm really can't decide on which game to buy right now, Binding of Isaac or La-mulana. I'm leaning a little bit towards Isaac, but I'm slightly worried about the controls on Vita. Are they good enough?

Any recommendations?

Top Bottom