• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

I'm really can't decide on which game to buy right now, Binding of Isaac or La-mulana. I'm leaning a little bit towards Isaac, but I'm slightly worried about the controls on Vita. Are they good enough?

Any recommendations?

I didn't play much of BoI since I didn't really like it, but in the hour or two I played, I don't recall having any issues with the controls.

Maedhros

^
But how will these guys carry all their games with them? I mean, everyone carries and play every hundred games that they own, right?

Seriously... I'll never understand the mindset of having everything on a card. I'll always have 5 games max on my card and finish them before backuping them.

^
But how will these guys carry all their games with them? I mean, everyone carries and play every hundred games that they own, right?

Seriously... I'll never understand the mindset of having everything on a card. I'll always have 5 games max on my card and finish them before backuping them.
I'm service free. I just download and buy the games I want. After that I can play them whenever I will. Even if PSN is down my games just work. I don't like to wait for hours to play games. So I have everything on memorycards ready when I want.

16GB cards were all cheap, max. 30 dollar a piece.

^

I like to play any game I want whenever I want, so having everything on one card is the way to go for me, especially on handheld. Not being restricted by a download or a transfer from my PC is really great for me.

Sitrus

I wish the Vita could stream the games wirelessly from a computer through CMA so we never needed to get more memory cards. Just need a powerful WIFI. Oh I'm dreaming.

Takao

Banned
Is this some kind of agreement with Sekai Project or something? I thought they were bringing it to Vita too.

Sekai said they want to make their own Vita VN ports because the console versions are usually handled by an outside party, which complicates licenses.

SiDCrAzY

Uncharted - awesome! Enjoy it. One of my favorite Vita games ever, and an excellent game in its own right!

How is Ys Celceta?

Well I beat Uncharted and really enjoyed it, I am barely into Ys Celceta, I'm still going through some tutorials, so far it seems just like previous Ys games. So that would mean I'm going to enjoy this one too.

I don't even back up the whole game, I just back up all the save files for my digital games to my PC.

I must have missed that option. But I kind of like having the whole game on backup so I can transfer it instead of re-download it.

I don't have that many digital Vita games anyway.

Fady K

APOLOGIES GUYS - I owe you all a HUGE update, if you noticed any games that were announced as of a month ago missing or not mentioned yet, that is my fault as I haven't properly updated the thread in sometime. Crossing fingers I'll get it done for tomorrow and give you all a good update to read through while you sip your hot drink or something :D See you tomorrow hopefully guys!

Gonna get Deadman's Cross and can anyone vouch for Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart? I played my fair share of SRPGs and I want to make sure it's worth the $39.99 price tag. I was looking at it last night but didn't pull the trigger.

Also the OP just has too many games that my brain and eyes just got tired after seeing 50 games. Sensory overload.

Hello there! Sorry about the sensory overload on the main post; if you like, you can check games by content - new releases, recent releases, upcoming releases, etc. Feel free to share any feedback if you like :D

Great update as always Fady!

I can understand the time complaints, but Xenoblade is worth the investment. Just make sure to drop any completionist attitude you might have and accept all sidequests you come across, but don't feel compelled to complete them, and you'll be fine. The core game of Xenoblade Chronicles is incredibly strong, with one of the most beautiful worlds created in the medium, a strong cast of characters and a servicable battle system. Oh, and the soundtrack is one of the best of all time. It actually is one of the few games I did like to just take a stroll in, because the landscape was so captivating and together with the music made for an amazing atmosphere.

Thanks a lot bobohoro! God bless you :D

Worry not, I am DEFINITELY planning on playing Xenoblade (Xeno-games are among my favorites, Xenogears is one of my favorites and so is the Xenosaga series - especially Ep3!!) :D I heard the game is a lot more enjoyable if I don't go all completionist on it! I heard some tracks from the OST too - one track stood out called Field of the Machinae - WOW! Looking forward to playing it sometime this year!!

I'm looking for a really polished 3d platformer, visual novel, and feeling like a SRPG, Tactics Ogre/ FF Tactics style. What would you suggest?

Alright, let me see how I can help ;D

For 3D platformers - I hear Gravity Rush is a must! One of the Vita classics. Sly Cooper Thieves in Time is a lovely platformer. Tearaway is one of the most unique Vita games ever in this genre.

For visual novels - Virtue's Last Reward is HIGHLY regarded in this forum. The Danganronpa games are great! If you don't mind horror games - go for the visual novels Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (the sequel). XBlaze looks quite nice, and there is a lovely visual novel called Sweet Fuse, check it out.

For SRPGs - Rainbow Moon is a colorful and lovely SRPG on the system. You also have a few updated Disgaea games (3+4). Frozen Synapse Prime is pretty nice sci-fi SRPG.

Enjoy :D

Thanks for the update Fady, quite a few games that I'd not heard of on that list. Weirdly enough the one I'm most interested in is Imagination is the Only Escape. It sort of reminds me of Valiant Hearts from Ubisoft (a game that would be perfect for the Vita). I'm hoping that it'll be a similar style of game to that, if so I'd be very interested. I'd be interested to see just how they cover such a dark subject matter.

You're most welcome Shadowman16 :D! Glad that there were new games in there for you. I like the style of that game as well, gorgeous art! Seems like a daring game in regards to the subject matter!

The Vita version of Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype is due out this month in Europe and America! Then April in Japan maybe.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/572168032946028544

EVIOqD8.jpg

n5Tbtxp.jpg

So excited for this!

Thanks again Infernal Monkey, i'll be adding this in the next update. Great SHMUP btw, beat it on the PS3 and had a great time!

FROM JP MAGAZINES

- The fruit of Grisaia Spinoff: Mahou Shoujo Chiru Chiru Michiru
- Venus Project: F2P Idol Management (Galat)

Added these up Shinriji! Looks like we may get both in English shockingly!!

Op, thank you is not enough.

Thank you so much for your kind words sono!! Hope you enjoy the next update soon :)!!!

Have you played SH: Origins on Vita specifically? I know there's that PS3 to Vita work-around, but, does that work on Origins? I'm about to buy it, but, I don't have a PSP anymore and want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

Thanks!

Hello there Xer0, I believe it can be played using the PS3 to Vita, but that's crazy on Konami's part - can't believe they didn't make the game accessible from the Vita directly. Lazy and offensive to SH fans :(

Well I beat Uncharted and really enjoyed it, I am barely into Ys Celceta, I'm still going through some tutorials, so far it seems just like previous Ys games. So that would mean I'm going to enjoy this one too.

Glad you enjoyed Uncharted - I *really* liked it!!

Oreshika is really good and only $20. I highly recommend it.

The art style is glorious!!!

^

Yeah, it boggles the mind. It's like they'll lose their games forever if they remove them from the memory card. It would be one thing if the cards were dirt cheap but seeing people do this with cards that are such a rip-off is mindblowing.

Labadal

APOLOGIES GUYS - I owe you all a HUGE update, if you noticed any games that were announced as of a month ago missing or not mentioned yet, that is my fault as I haven't properly updated the thread in sometime. Crossing fingers I'll get it done for tomorrow and give you all a good update to read through while you sip your hot drink or something :D See you tomorrow hopefully guys!
It's too late. I'm going to sell my Vita in protest. You have failed this city.

stopthenadness

Neo Member
Big question, why doesn't the vita have a diablo esque game yet??? Wouldn't that type of gameplay on the go be a no-brainer? I'm itching to have some diablo like gameplay on my vita. I'd be there on day 0.

redcrayon

It looks terrible and is generic as hell, but I kinda enjoyed Dungeon Hunter. Scratched the itch for loot and pointless magic items of +0.2% anyway.

stopthenadness

Neo Member
It does...

But it's bad.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance.

Now, see the thing about that is, I completely ignored its existence. I've seen some people say that Silent Hill game is sorta like it but I need some loot whoring, action mayne. I dunno, make it feel impactful. I guess this gap is something only an indie developer might seek to fill.

El_Cinefilo

Big question, why doesn't the vita have a diablo esque game yet??? Wouldn't that type of gameplay on the go be a no-brainer? I'm itching to have some diablo like gameplay on my vita. I'd be there on day 0.

Isn't there a Diablo-esque) (but not very good) Silent Hill game on vita? Or is that PSP?

Flunkie

Banned

I enjoyed Pocket RPG on my phone to scratch that itch; however, I heard it's not so great on Vita.

Fady K

Update time folks ^^ This is as comprehensive as I can make it! Every missed game on this thread that was announced within the last month will be listed below, excluding stuff that was already added and covered in the semi-updates from the last few days. I'll have more updates including Tue/Wed's new games as well as new updates from Japanese games in the coming days that I missed like Ray Gigant and Tokyo Xanadu. Enjoy!!

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* The Swindle was announced by awesome publisher Curve Studios and developer Size Five Games for the Vita, coming sometime this year. Described as a "steampunk cybercrime steal-em-up", the game is inspired by both the Deus Ex series and the recent Vita hit, Spelunky. The game will have a mix of action, stealth and platforming. Here is the announcement trailer.
1xJ5e16.jpg

* Shadow Blade: Reload (THANKS VLIBERTY :D), a new 2D action platformer by publisher Dead Mage Studio was announced for the Vita. Here's a trailer for it. This could be interesting, especially for those of you who are fans of either Capcom's Strider series or Sega's Shinobi series.
uPvsfPR.jpg

* Xeodrifter: Special Edition (THANKS VLIBERTY) is making its way to the Vita. Published by Gambitious Digital Entertainment and developed by Renegade Kid (makers of Vita 2D platformer, Mutant Mudds Deluxe), this Metroid-esque (seemingly heavily inspired by the original Metroid on the NES) looks really cool. The 2D platformer has you exploring a dangerous alien planet trying to find a way to patch up your spaceship so you can leave. For those of you who played this on the 3DS, note that the Vita version comes with the soundtrack and an in-depth development diary. Here's the trailer.
jYEyE8Rl.jpg

* Color Guardians is coming to the Vita. The game is sidescroller that is partly action and partly runner. The game has elements inspired by the amazing Gamecube/Xbox360 shootemup Ikaruga. The game will be coming quite soon too - next month! Here is a trailer for you.
uD6IRq7l.jpg

* Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (THANKS VLIBERTY :)), the sequel to the Vita game Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark is coming to the Vita from publisher Curve Digital. The game adds a metroidvania style to the original game's design. Here's a trailer. (Note - WiiU version in the trailer as no official Vita trailer was released yet).
stealth-inc-2.jpg

*Here's a weird new game for you guys: Shutshimi is a game where you play as, get this, a fish with muscular human arms that can bear firearms. It is a randomized action shooter from the developer Neon Deity Games and publisher Choice Provisions (who published the Bit Trip games). Have a look at this 13 second teaser and see for yourself.
426UeBk.jpg

*Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon is an upcoming puzzle adventure game with a deep story about conspiracies and secret societies hidden in the environment as you control a - spider. Many secrets lie behind puzzles with subtle story elements here and there. The game is actually a sequel to a critically-acclaimed iOS/iPad game by the name of Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor. The series makes it Vita debut with this entry. Here's a trailer!
pl39d4ol.jpg

* Four Sided Fantasy is an upcoming puzzle platformer for the Vita from Curve Studios and developer Ludo Land. Hard to describe this one with words though It looks quite pretty! See for yourself in the trailer.
0O1QqVD.gif

LOCALIZATION NEWS

*The Danganronpa series lives on in the Vita with Dangranronpa: Another Episode - Ultra Despair Girls coming to the US thanks to the publishers NIS America <3. Check out the trailer ONLY IF you beat the first two games! Though this third person shooter horror/adventure takes place between the 1st and 2nd games, it may spoil some things from the 2nd. If you haven't played this series yet, go play it now :D Good news guys, this will get a physical version too. <3 NIS AMERICA. On that topic, DANGRANRONPA 3 IS IN DEVELOPMENT!! Though no details have been shared much, so I'll wait for more before safely believing it is for the Vita.
dUAcLZ6.jpg

danganron-danganronpa.jpg

NEW MEDIA

*The upcoming cover based shooter Not A Hero from Roll7 (the fine folks who have possibly made the finest skateboarding game since the PSone Tony Hawk games, that's right - the OlliOlli games for the Vita) have released a new gameplay video for it. Check it out here.
ss_f3b18c9430cfe95a8ee976a18ebdc1243bcc7407_600x338.jpg

*Some of you may remember the name Heart Forth, Alicia for the Vita, as it was announced some time ago and looked gorgeous from way back then. A hybrid of Metroidvania and RPG (check out these really cool gifs!, or better yet check out the trailer), you play as a young wizard out to stop a certain evil from taking over her homeland. The game is set for early 2016. Interested? Give this great PlayStation Blog preview a read!
16477477348_8126a95921_z.jpg

e3287894db5f6fcdef50ac597460a99e_large.gif

*The space simulator Drifter has a new video preview of the game courtesy of PocketGamer.co.uk. Check it out!
DBcHWjf.jpg

*Did you enjoy Steamworld Dig? You'll be looking forward to Steamworld Heist then, even though it is very different to the first game. For starters, this one has a different genre altogether - turn-based strategy. Though the game takes place a few hundred years after the first game. In case you missed it, here's the teaser plus a preview from the lovely folks at pocketgamer.co.uk.
steam-world-heist-01.jpg

steam-world-heist-02.jpg

steam-world-heist-03.jpg

* VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action received a new trailer from PAX East. Enjoy!
fijnUub.gif

* Curse 'N' Chaos received a new trailer as well.
1.jpg

NEW UPDATES

*For those of you who enjoyed Whoa Dave! you'll be happy to know that you're getting a free upgrade containing PLENTY of new content - Two new levels, each of which will challenge even the best Woah Dave! players to rethink their strategy
New characters in the form of: New characters, a new hidden character, new boss battles, new enemies, ridable UFOs, some new easter eggs, a new classic mode...great move by the dev, can't believe it's all free.
wdscreenshot2014-05-13at15104pmjpg-2ea2d8_320w.jpg

COMING SOON!

Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters
277643-tokyo1.jpg

Hotline miami 2 wrong number
med_Hotline%20Miami%202%20-%20Screen%203.jpg

Flame Over
hs4lBki.png

Scram Kitty DX
bklVsAu.png

Metal Slug 3
fHxayWn.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Pub - Sony / Dev - Alfa System / JRPG)
ahO1ZTh.jpg

La Mulana EX (Pub - Rising Star Games / Dev - Pygmy Studios / 2D platformer, Metroidvania style)
14419967203_3e1189bcca_z.jpg

OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood (Dev - Roll7 / 2D skateboarding)
czFHthz.jpg

Helldivers (Pub - Sony / Dev - Arrowhead Game Studios / Top-down science fiction shooter)
z1axZty.jpg

marcincz

Flame Over and La-Mulana Ex should be interesting titles. Especially Flame Over looks good to me.
New Danganronpa game, huh. I must buy and play in first and second part, finally.

Looks like the Vita retail version of Child of Light is suddenly getting an American release. I'm assuming it still includes the game on a cartridge like Europe, and not just a download code.

March 24, $20

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/child-of-light-ps-vita/4429039.p?id=1219629073081&skuId=4429039

4429039_sa.jpg

If it actually has a cart then smdh @ them not just doing this the first time. $20 vs probably $50 I paid for the UK release, with DLC I couldn't download on an NA account.

I'll probably pick it up, because now it makes no sense for me to not have the NA release... but finding out if it's a DL code or cart, prior to release, will probably be tough. It says "requires at least 2048 kb" so it must be a cart, but that's only a cover mock up. Can't trust it.

XMPT Games have just announced DiscStorm for Vita (and PC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9zkzmNsrrw

DiscStorm came about from our desire to play classic multiplayer matches with friends. We wanted a speedy arcade game like Bomberman but with modern features like online play, so that we could play against each other whenever we wanted. After searching around on Steam and PSN for a while and not finding anything that was quite what we were looking for, we thought: why not take a shot at making something ourselves?

DiscStorm is the game we all want to play. It&#8217;s all about hurling flying discs that ricochet around the game&#8217;s arenas at break-neck speed. Whether you&#8217;re lobbing them at an incoming pack of zombies or your best friend&#8217;s face, you&#8217;ll need split-second reactions to succeed. We&#8217;ve kept the deathmatches fresh by providing a whole host of game modes. From classic first-to-ten brawls, tactical games of survival and the dreaded one-hit-kill &#8220;Death Disc&#8221; mode, there are plenty of different match types, with a few surprises thrown in for good measure. We&#8217;ve even added in a bunch of power-ups too!

Despite starting out with the intention of creating a great multiplayer experience, we also wanted to create a single player campaign that would stand out in its own right. Our aim was to provide a challenge that harked back to the gameplay of titles on &#8217;90s consoles &#8211; the bosses require you to figure out exactly how to beat them, whilst still testing your skills and reactions. We&#8217;ve tried to echo these ideals in the music and art style too; blending chiptunes music and pixelated graphics with modern dance and highly detailed artwork.

j1wqANxl.jpg

BM0Hyf5.jpg

ZsjnhCw.jpg

VLiberty

As usual, thank you for this!

pretty meaty update, I don't know how but The Swindle and Spider 2 have been under my radar until now. Totally interested in the first one, as for the second, that's just reminded me I still have the first one on my iPod to play; I heard great things about it back in the days.

Cool the Woah Dave update. The base game was extremely lacking in modes and it became boring rather quickly so that was needed. And it's free!

baconcow

Just wanted to mention that La-Mulana EX is incredible. I owned it on PC but wanted it on Vita for portability. In the end, I have been playing it most on my PS TV (the irony). Well worth the price of admission.

Top Bottom